Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #31  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi everyone .. just a fly by post ... I havent been doing well today .. not that I have cheated or anything .. I just havent really eaten anything ... for some reason I am just right off food at the moment ... My dad is here and he is determined to get me eating lol .. he has bought a bunch of vegetables so I am having a plate of cauliflower, broccoli and a few corn cobbettes for dinner ... and if I feel like it I might have a couple of Baps (small round bread rolls ... my faves I will admit .. that is why dad got em lol) ... so it looks like it will be another day of not even hitting 1000 cal ... I really need to get something sorted out lol ... oh well .. seems like a little problem in the scheme of things doesnt it

Just thinking about it for a few min ... Im tired of thinking of food ... of writing down what I eat ... food is becoming boring for me so I dont really want it rofl ... I dont think its so bad when someone else is sorting out the meals and just putting them in front of me and sayin that is what you are eating today/tonight etc ... but its everyday thinking ok .. what is for lunch .. what is for dinner .. that is where the Jenny Craig was a good thing for me .. I didnt have to think in advance about what I was supposed to have at any time it was all written down lol .. maybe that is a clue for me .. I need to start writing a weekly menu plan ... hummm ... okee .. new path for me to think of goin down cos I know in my body that not eating isnt the answer either lol.

Sorry .. just had to get all that off my chest ... would be great if the weight would come off that easily lol .. wouldnt that be something .. to change the weight on your ticker and that is the weight you would be ... but then .. nope .. dont think I would like that .. its the journey that is the important thing .. not the end result (although that is a good thing too lol).

Huggies
Old 10-19-2006, 03:38 AM   #32  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

thanks everyone for all the thoughts. the fact of the matter is i was just forced to see all the reasons we shouldnt date. there are too many things about him that really bug the **** out of me, and now that i can be mad at him, i can see what a turd he really is. lol
Old 10-19-2006, 04:16 AM   #33  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...I've tried to eat a bit more yesterday, as some sugested, around 1300, and I wasnt eating anything fattening, but I gain a pound this morning. Why? Why do i need to starve to see the difference on the scale? I hate this
Old 10-19-2006, 06:02 AM   #34  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Luan--boys are dumb. It's how I felt in about first grade, and it still holds true today Even the really great ones have their typical boy-like qualities. If you can't get him to back out of Orlando, then just go and have an AMAZING time without thinking about him. Even if he is there, you can spend less time worrying about the, "does he like me? is my hair okay?" type stuff and just have a blast!

Lilion--isn't it amazing how we can give others advice so easily (what comes on fast tends to go off fast), yet it's so difficult to actually let that sink into our own heads? Hang in there, chica...I've seen you do some amazing things here, and I know you'll do more as we move forward

Brenda--congrats on the 24s!!! I can't WAIT to actually go down a clothing size, but I guess my middle is where I lose weight slowest. I end up wearing the same old pants because the fit around the middle, yet' the legs are baggy and the butt is saggy

sandybar--ha, you're exactly right...it IS so freakin early! I've just decided to declare war on my fat, and exercise is a big part of that, and I know I won't do it later in the day. Funny thing is, I've been setting my alarm for 4:17am (yeah, I pick odd times), yet I usually wake up before it actually goes off. Maybe my mind is actually all in on this weight loss effort! Or maybe I just napped too much on the couch the evening before...either way

nonamesleft--who cares what time you exercise, as long as you do it! I just know that I've been saying for literally MONTHS that I would exercise after work, and it almost never happened, so I needed to force myself to do this waaaay early exercise thing. More power you ya for being able to exercise after a full day's work!

Kayley--sounds like that time of year for backsliding, because I've done it again, too! I'm back up in the 290s (I really need to change my ticker), but I RIGHT back down to business. Oh, and what kind of desktop publishing are you doing? Is it for a class or work or something? I'm thinking of taking a class in desktop publishing, since it's part of my current job, and I just kinda make stuff up as I go along I'd like to get some actual professional training. I do know things about the basics--layout, color, fonts, etc.--but I haven't had any real exposure to programs like Quark or InDesign. At work, I just have Publisher (which is a far cry from a real publishing program), but I make due.

Misti--on the porridge/oatmeal...isn't it amazing how our tastes can change? Last night, I made some baked chicken breasts with barbecue sauce and reduced-fat shredded cheese. The only bbq sauce I had was a really sweet honey flavored one. It was overly sweet for me last night, yet months ago, that was the only kind I liked! It is certainly a change for the better, as less sweet means less sugar I love rediscovering foods I thought I'd hated all my life!

katt--Maybe you could go back to following Jenny Craig? Do you still have the materials? and also to Lavandel--I used to eat very little, too (maybe 1000 calories a day, if that). I was just too busy to think about food and didn't have any interest in the foods I was eating. But then I learned that I could increase my calories without actually increasing the amount of food I ate, but rather by just changing th kinds of foods. I started adding nuts (VERY high in calories, yet full of good fats and nutrients) and things like avocado/guacamole to sandwiches and wraps and salads. If you're having trouble reaching a good amount of calories, then maybe try not using as many reduced-calorie products, ya know? Use regular cheese, non-skim milk, and other non-diet items. Have some peanut butter on your fruit (I do suggest natural peanut butter, though, to avoid the trans fats)--it's GREAT on apples and bananas. There are all kinds of ways to up the calories without necessarily forcing yourself to eat more bulk. Oh, and Lavandel, stop weighing yourself every day...you'll only drive yourself insane Give your body a week or 2 to adjust to a normal amount of food. In the state it's in right now, it wants to hold on to EVERY last calorie because it doesn't think it's getting enough daily. If you give it a few days, your body will begin to realize, "Hey, she's feeding me more EVERY day now--I don't have to store it up because I've got a steady supply coming in!"

As for me, I did well with my food yesterday and even had a sweet potato for the first time in my life! I also already got up long before the sun this morning and did my 30-minute WATP DVD, so that makes 3 days in a row. WOOHOO!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lavendel -- Jill speaks true. I really think everything is made more problematic because we see cause/effect relationships where there are none! Just because you went to 1300 does not mean that is WHY the scale went up a pound. THink about it -- it can't be fat. It takes 3500 calories to equal a pound of fat. THE SCALE IS TOYING WITH YOU. STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!

Misti -- As for the muffins -- I slightly modified the recipe for "Fiber One Muffins" Meg always sends around.

I've got my fingers crossed that the FFM pays you a visit!

Andie -- Yay! Another exerciser!!!!

Katt -- I got really sick of planning all my food this summer. I really just wanted to give up. It was one of the reasons I gave myself a bit of a break during the summer. After a while, I was mentally back in the game!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:59 AM   #36  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Luan
Misti
[B]katt[/BI used to eat very little, too (maybe 1000 calories a day, if that). I was just too busy to think about food and didn't have any interest in the foods I was eating. But then I learned that I could increase my calories without actually increasing the amount of food I ate, but rather by just changing th kinds of foods. I started adding nuts (VERY high in calories, yet full of good fats and nutrients) and things like avocado/guacamole to sandwiches and wraps and salads.
I agree completely, and am finding the same thing to be true. This week I added some chipped unsweetened coconute... started putting it in my yogurt... YUM. Super high in calories but a small handful add so much zing! I also eat nuts and dried fruit. Also veggies just do NOT put the weight on me like other things... they go right through my system much better than "junk."

And Lavendal quite possibly the reason you are gaining weight on eating a few more calories is that you have cranked down your metabolism so low from such a low calorie diet that it may take a while for it to crank back up. Super low calorie diets are just not good for your system, and it is extremely difficult to stick with them for long periods of time, especially without damaging your health. I agree with what Wyllen has said.

Oops have to run... another early day at work. I am back down to 233 this morning... but I've been here 4 or 5 times in the past 5 weeks LOL, so here we go again. Hopefully this time it will keep dropping!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #37  

STOP!

Don't post here!

Follow us over the thread #1037!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #38  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Good morning Chicks!
Well, first off, the rain is back. I don't like it but atleast it forces me to do a cardio dvd instead of walk & I know I get a better workout with the dvds (I just don't enjoy it as much.)
Last night I went for a "power walk/jog" after work. I really concentrated on intensity. My walk route has lots of hills & I am pushing a stroller too. I power walked & then jogged on the flat spots & even up one of the hills. By the end I was a sweaty mess & sore. I thought it took me 30-40 mins, I get inside and its barely been 20! Geesh! But I know I got my heart rate up good & everything so it will have to do. Just frusterating.
I have been having pain in my legs. Down near my ankle but the front of my leg. It feels like the actual leg bone hurting. A burning type of hurt that gets more intense the longer/harder I walk. It doesn't do it just walking around the house or anything, only when I am out walking for exercise. I figured at first that it was just cause it had been awhile since I had walked & its hard for my legs to carry all this weight but its getting worse instead of better. Any ideas?

hmmm.... had a list of personals but I have to run for now. Will do them later. Have a good day!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:14 AM   #39  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

STOP!

Don't post here!

Follow us over the thread #1037!
Closed Thread