Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Oh boy I have to say it, I love it whenever I realise that I am making changes in my life that are enabling me to realise that this honestly is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I am sick right now, though much better than yesterday. I have a tummy bug, my first one since having my ostomy, and I have to tell you, it isn’t pleasant. Put it this way, when I wasn’t throwing up, I was just sitting over the toilet with the bag off because it was filling as quick as I could empty it. Sorry if that’s too much information Anyway, the vomiting has stopped, though am still nauseas when I move around, and thankfully my ostomy bag is coping with the ‘flow’ now. So yay, I can catch up with you all here. But anyway, during this time of being ill you know the two things uppermost in my mind. A – that I could be damaging my diet if my body goes into starvation mode because I haven’t been able to eat. And B – I am annoyed that I am too ill to exercise. Now it that’s not a lifestyle change moment I don’t know what is lol. Normally I would just be ill and feeling sorry for myself

Katt – I see you did it…..you are in the 280s now that is fantastic news. Onwards and downwards now!!

Well done on starting a new post, great job I love reading how thrilled you are to find how much your BMI has dropped already, and about your light bulb moment with the weights. I was like that when I lost the same amount of weight as what my Gazelle Rider weighs. It’s like HOW did I walk around with that much more weight on my body! Even now when I have lost double what the rider weighs, I think of getting on the scales and holding the rider because I can’t believe that I weighed that much more. I don’t do it though. Funnily enough I am scared to break the scales, even though they have held more than that at my start weight lol.

What a wonderful husband, not only is he more than happy for you to spend so much time dancing with Richard, lol, but he brings you home your own Ipod. Was that a bit of a reward for getting into the 280s?

I like the prayer/verse you put at the bottom or your post, it was lovely

Lavandel – I keep forgetting to tell you, but I love your avatar photo.

I’m a bit of a dunce, I admit it, can you explain how you figure out the magical number thing.

Annie – about the exercise thing you mentioned with me, I think it makes the world of difference finding a piece of equipment that I really love. When I used to think of exercising it was only with DVDs and frankly, they bore me The rider though was, and is so much fun, that I look forward to using it. Then of course I realised that I needed to do some other kind of exercise to compliment the rider, so I started doing my DVDs again. They do still kind of bore me, except for Richard Simmons, he is funny, lol. But I alternate them regularly and that helps. So I guess what I am trying to say is, finding the perfect exercise machine is what has made me your GG

Amy – I know I can’t speak for everybody, but I don’t think anybody would have thought you were a bit foolish with how upset you got about losing your kitty. He was your baby I don’t want to talk too much about it because I think coming here might help you keep your mind off ‘things’ for a while. So subject change time.

I don’t understand why your prospective new landlords didn’t listen to you when you said you won’t be selling Mary Kay anymore. What good is there in them finding out what you have sold in the past, if you don’t intend to sell it anymore. Seems daft! Perhaps you should email your unit leader to find out what they said? It will hopefully put your mind at ease especially after giving in your notice both at work and at your current appt. Just think, when all the stress etc is over and done with and you have moved and settled in to your new place, you will be able to enjoy being near your BF, and staring life afresh in a new place. The excitement of all that will make all the stress you are under now seem more worth it I bet!

Luan – I am so sorry that the Halloween outing didn’t go well at all. I thought that perhaps after getting closure the other night when you sent him a message while you were under the influence that things might be a bit easier. I guess in the back of your mind you still have the hurt of what he did, and him, well I guess he just liked things as they were before. Which if you don’t mind me saying was a lot like he had fun leading you on. Anyway, time to get yourself a better bloke, one that deserves you

Brenda – I haven’t got the talent or imagination to do scrapbooking, nor the money for the outlay really But I love the idea of yours to make a scrap book of your weight loss journey. I might just ask Santa for some materials for scrap booking and make the effort to make my own weight loss book. It would be so much better than just a photo album. I still won’t have the talent to make a great one, but hey, if it keeps me busy then it kills two birds with one stone, charts my journey, and keeps me from eating

Misti – you cannot be gaining fat, you must be gaining muscle. It’s impossible for any weight gain you show on the scales to be fat because you are doing nothing to get fat. You are eating right, you are exercising, so I reckon if you get the old tape measure out you will see a big difference downwards since you last measured. I can feel how frustrated you are, and wish I could catch the FFM and chain her to your scales until she gets those numbers to go down down down.

That’s pretty amazing how you just couldn’t eat those chicken wings that you used to love. Try to focus on great NSVs like that whenever you get down because remember, this isn’t all about the numbers, it’s about changing your life for the better, and you are doing that big style

Missy – wow I am impressed that you chose the salad when you went out for a meal, and even more impressed that it filled you up. Unfortunately the only salad I like are the fattening things like potato salad, coleslaw, pasta salad etc, it’s the only kind that might just about make me feel satisfied. Lettuce, tomato, cucumber and carrot just do not do it for me So like I said, that’s very impressive that you felt full after you ate it.

Valerie – I am soooo proud of you for taking all those upset, sad, negative emotions, and turning them around into some pretty fabulous exercising power!! It’s brilliant that you finished your work out feeling great. Fingers crossed that you shifted those rotten undeserved 2 lbs that snuck onto the scales at Curves Sorry things don’t seem to be getting any better with hubby

As for the FFM I think it’s a great idea to get a new one, I’ll keep the one we already have over here, so Sharon and I and any other UK gals can have her help, and then a nice new young FFM can zip around to all the US and Canadian gals to help them. It makes sense really

Sharon – sometimes life seems to conspire against us when it comes to making friends. I have been in the UK now for 19 years, and although I have made 5 friends in that time, not one of them is a really close friend, and I don’t see them more than maybe once a year! That’s one of the reasons I love the Internet so much, it opened up a whole new world for me, one in which I have made lots of wonderful friends. I know it’s not quite the same as having a friend around for a coffee and a chat, but it sure is the next best thing When we chat next I will have to give you my story of how lifes events conspired to make it difficult for me to meet new people in ‘real’ life and make friends

You know one of the things that I think is great about you, you are not a quitter. If you see a gain on the scales, ok you decide to have a bit of a nosh, but with every intention of getting straight back on track. Which you do, and invariably you see a loss on the scales next time you weigh. Now you have your depression to try to get under control too, yet here you are still trying to diet. As you know, before I got the right meds for my depression I didn’t have much joy with my dieting at all. Most of the time I didn’t try. You are trying though, and I am really proud of you for that

Newsnerd – I must say that I did like George’s character in ER, and of course was thrilled when he and the nurse finally got together lol. I am a sucker for a romance story. How long is he going to be in your town? Have you gone George spotting yet

How are you feeling now, have you worked up the motivation to want to exercise or anything. You asked for good vibes well there are plenty coming from me to you :vibes: Hope they help

Jess – hello and lovely to have you here and thanks for posting that photo. You are so pretty, and I know you don’t think the dress was the best kind for you to be wearing, but honestly you looked lovely in it. I think we all focus too much on how fat we are in photos rather than the fact that sometimes we actually do look lovely

Ouchies your ankle injury and the resulting treatment sounds dreadful. I really am sorry that you are suffering so much with it and can understand why exercise is so difficult for you. Have you tried swimming? Or does it hurt to move your ankle at all, not just putting weight on it?

Got to love your signature line about scrap booking, it’s really great

Zelma – how are you feeling now my friend, has that bitter taste started receding in your mouth now after all that happened with the slimming competition? I hope so

Michelle – how are you feeling now, not getting too stressed out having to rest up I hope

Sandy – I am glad you are feeling a bit better now and that you understood what I meant about the reasons why we get as big as we have. Seems you had plenty of reason to comfort eat, so like I said, coming to terms with all of that, and being able to get passed it and start losing the weight is something you should be proud of

Lilion – did I miss a post, I probably did. Where are you going for the weekend that is so great your DS won’t mind missing his video games?? Where ever it is I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Patti – I am so glad your mood has lifted, it must have something to do with hiding those scales Are you going to weigh today, or leave it for another week like you mentioned?

Nancy, Jill, Brandnewme, Alison, Juliet, Julee, Kayley, and everybody else, hope you are all having a safe Friday 13th

And now, just because I haven't used them yet, and am dying to - ahh that feels better LOL

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-13-2006, 08:31 AM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just rushing through this morning but wanted to greet everyone!

Ammi I am sorry you are so sick! Hang in there... and THINK about what you said... you are annoyed because you are too ill to exercise! Now THERE in itself is a BIG NSV!!!

Thanks for your encouraging words! Yes! It is a huge NSV that I simply canNOT eat the rest of those greasy wings... LOL I found myself wishing they were a grilled chicken breast!

Good idea about measuring... several have suggested that so I need to do it. And I know you are right... there is no way I can be gaining fat.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:32 AM   #18  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

hey Ammi
The plan was to do a whole scrapbook on the jouney. I don't know if I will get that much done on it. It is super fun and sometimes I stress way too much over a layout *L* I finished my layout this morning (been up since 630) and now on my way to work. ew! Sorry you had a bug! stay hydrated!!! I am sure after this weekend is over I will have time to update my blog! I am still reading yours too! You are better at updating than I am *L* CHOW!

Hi ladies... on my way out the door to work. It will be Sunday probably before I get back and have time to catch up. Have a great weekend and stay OP!!!! Its going to be hard for me as she sets up a 18ft candy bar... all you can eat tonight!!!! AUGH!!! talk about a test of willpower!!! Off to work now....

Brenda
Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #19  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone!
I am new posting here. I have been reading your threads for a few days to become familiar with everyone. You seem like a great bunch of gals!
I use to frequent 3FC at the beginning of this year. I didn't post much but I read everyday. Between The beginning of Feburary & The beginning of May, I lost 46 pounds! I was feeling so great. Then for some reason I just stopped. I still don't know what triggered it. I just stopped exercising completely & went back to eating all the crap. I gained back 33 pounds since May. I can't believe I let that happen. But I am not going to think about it anymore. I am moving forward.
So, I know what works for me. Eating healthier, as "clean" as possible & moving more. It worked before, I just have to stick with it. I know I can do it. It feels good to do it. Like I said, I have no clue why I ever stopped.

I have a beautiful little girl who is the light of my whole world. She is 17 mos old. She is my biggest inspiration. I want to be a healthy mom, not a fat mom. I want her to be healthy her whole life and have good eating & exercising habits right from the start. I have to be her role model. I hope to get healthy while she is still very young, I don't want her to even remember me as being heavy. I think alot of my weight problems stem from my childhood. Both my parents were obese and I was raised in a house that never exercised & ate really badly, thats what I learned & did throughout my life, thats why I am like this. I MUST not pass that onto my daughter!

Well, enough about me for now. Hope to get to know you all better & find some much needed support & friendship here. I will be around in the mornings & then again in the evenings. I work from home on the computer & work split shifts during the week so I am only on the computer during those times. DD keeps me too busy the rest of the time.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiUK View Post
ahh that feels better LOL
LOL!!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #21  

Misti – haven’t you been measuring yourself then? Oh boy oh boy, I really think you should. I took my measurements initially because I knew there would be times when I wouldn’t lose what I thought I would, or worse still I would gain. I wanted to have the assurance of the tape measure that I was doing well even if the scales said otherwise. Now I also love to have the numbers because it amazes me to see how much they have gone down. Though how I could lose as many inches as I have and still fit into some of my size 30 clothes I don’t know. But there you go, it’s a fact lol. Anyway, please please do get yourself measured, it’ll be official proof that all that exercise and dieting is paying off!

Brenda – oh yes I am staying hydrated. If I drink anymore I think I will be floating away lol.

That’s amazing the amount of effort you put into making your scrap book, see that’s another reason I wouldn’t be very good at it lol. I spend so much time doing other stuff that my scrap book might end up never getting finished lol. I still like the idea though.

with the willpower at the all you can eat thing. Just make sure that all the foods you choose are good ones and eat all you can of them

Nonames – LOL I just saw your bio and read how you chose your nick name, that’s funny, though I am sure it wasn’t funny being told all the names you chose were taken

Anyway I see you were here earlier in the year, reading at least, and that you did really well with the weight loss. I am sorry that you gained back some of what you lost, hopefully with the motivation of being a healthy mommy for your precious daughter, and having the support from all of us here, you will lose the weight again this time and keep it off for good.

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #22  

Ammi i am sorry you had such a bad time but glad you are feeling better. i think for the sake of my sanity i will wait til next friday to weigh. i am really eating lots of healthy veggies this week and want to see how that helps instead of my lean cuisines!Hi NONAMES LEFT welcome back.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #23  

Hi everyone~

Nightkatt~ You are doing great! I am scared to see my BMI right now! Congrats on going down 5 points and losing 15kg.
And thanks so much for posting the feel good stuff. It helped!

Amy~What a wonderful poem. Hang in there hun. I hope you are doing ok.

Misti~I would consider that a NSV. I am getting that way with some of the stuff I used to eat/drink. When I had some cola recently...I got so sick!!! Congrats again on your NSV!

Valerie~Sorry you and your hubby are having a hard time right now. I know how that is for sure! Hope things get better for ya hun. Good for you working out though! I find it helps me release the stress.

Sharon~I hope you are feeling better. Good luck at the Dr.

Ammi~Sorry to hear you are sick! Hope you feel better soon!
I am doing good now. I am trying to ease back into a workout schedule. But most of the pain is gone...which is great!
Cute pics you posted! I want one of those!

nonamesleft~ Glad you joined! Sorry to hear you gained some weight back. But don't worry you can lose it again! This is a great place to come for support and inspiration!

Well I am feeling soooo much better now. I am feeling so much more positive. I was down for a couple of weeks. But I just realized I have to snap out of it.
I also realized why I was getting such bad headaches. I was dehydrated. I was seriously not drinking enough water. I need to make sure I get enough water in!

Ok and now a sort of funny story~

Well earlier I got all of my songs transfered to my MP3 player. So I put on my headphones and was playing some good songs. And I just broke out in a dance. It was soooo funny! It was the kind of dance that you would DIE if someone saw you doing. I mean I was seriously getting down with the music! I did about 3-4 minute songs. I got a really really good workout. And then I round the corner...and wouldn't you know it...my husband busted out laughing. I turned so red! I wanted to die right there. I was like you saw me huh? And he just said yep. I could have killed him! Anyways..just something funny that happened! So the point...when you plan to get down dancing and you don't want anyone to see...check around the corner!

But the good thing is I realized if I could do that a few times a day I would have my workout done!

Well hope you all have a great day!

Michelle
Old 10-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #24  

Michelle - that was funny about your hubby watching you dancing, hey I bet he got a kick out of it especially if there were some girating moves thrown in there And you are so right, doing that often will definitely be a great work out!!

I am really glad you are feeling well enough and pain free enough to be able to dance, all that resting up must have done the trick.

I am going to show what you wrote about dehydration causing headaches to my daughter and step daughter. Both of them constantly complain of headaches, yet if I ask them how much they have drunk I am lucky if they say 2 or 3 glasses. I tell them they have to drink more, but they think I am just a fussy mum, sometimes it takes a stranger giving the same info for them to listen. So your post will come in very handy, thank you

Patti - I will be very interested to see just how much difference it makes to your weight loss if you keep off or cut back on the Lean Cuisine meals. It always makes me laugh when I think of companies like that who are selling low calorie meals so people can lose weight, yet they are normally so high in sodium that I can't see how anyone DOES loes the weight! Good luck in advance for your WI NEXT Friday

I have been saying this for the last half an hour but now I really am going to do it, I am going to lie down lol. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #25  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Misti, Congrats on your NSV re: the chicken wings. I hope they didn't bother your tummy. I LOVE Johnsonville Beer Brats!!!! But the last time I had some, they killed my tummy and I was in the potty A LOT!!! I guess it's all the fat in them, and that's why I was concerned about you and the wings. I love wings too. We have a restaurant here called Buffalo Wild Wings and they have lots of different flavors of sauces. But, like the brats, last time I had some of them, they killed my stomach too. That's not a bad thing ya know. It means we're getting our bodies to work and break down "real food" that's good for us. I hope boosting your calorie intake makes the FFM visit you soon!
Have your measured yet??!!

Melissa, GREAT JOB for staying OP in a not too good for us restaurant. I'm really proud of you. Sometimes it's just easier to cave in to the easy way out. So, good for you.

Valerie, I'm sorry things are so tough right now and I'm mad at the scale for you. You had a HUGE NSV ya; know by getting your exercise in. It helped with your mood and has to give you inner strength!! Hang tough, girl. And you're right, we're not giving up!!
:hugs:

Sharon, I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I remember those days....before we got my meds right. But it'll get better. Even when the meds help us be stable, you can still have a bad day now and then. And ya' know, you've lost 34 pounds thus far! Think of how many sack of potatoes that is. That's encouraging! I'm sure FFM will see you soon.

Katt, Great reminders! I remember getting that email. It's cool, huh?
Don't ya just love Subway! Where we can get lots of veggies on our sandwiches! Or have it as a salad instead!! You're so lucky to be going into summer. We're headed to winter and it's always tough. But, like most of us, if I keep meals simple, a broiled or baked meat, lots of veggies and a complex starch, then that will keep me successful. I'm glad your Friday the 13th went well. Ours is now, but you're probably sleepy bye bye.

Ammi, Girl, I just love your posts. I wish we lived closer cuz I'd love to hang out with you. You're always so positive and your advise is right on. I think it's really cool about your life style changes. Worrying about starvation mode and worrying about your exercise. I'm still pretty slow on my exercise, but I plan on getting it all together soon. Having goals and accountability to you girls makes a difference to me. I know all of you on this site have similar issues and I'm very thankful for this web site and the relationships I feel I'm making.

Brenda, I don't have the patience to do scrap booking either. I do however think it's a splendid idea to do one following your weight loss and life style change. What a great way to stay focused. O M G an 18 foot candy bar! Don't ya think the big things like that are easier to refuse than the little sneaky things? But still, an 18 foot candy bar. :eyerolls:
What are they thinking!

Nonamesleft I'm sure you'll love it here. Your daughter looks adorable! I too want to be a healthy weight for my 8 year old daughter and grand children. I want to be able to help coach DD's soft ball teams etc. We can all do it together!

Michelle, What a great story. I'll be sure to check the whole house! And you're right
what a fun way to get your work out in. Gets your heart rate right up there doesn't it!? And thanks for mentioning a solution for headaches....water. I woke up with a killer one today. Tylenol isn't touching it, so I now have a drink here with me.

OK, guess what everyone? I went to the dr today and I can go back to work Monday.

And, I had a great visit from FFM :
I lost 4.6 pounds since last Thursday!!!! Remember, I had tom last week and I was confident that was the reason I didn't have a loss last week. So, I missed my 10/13 goal by
only .6 pounds. Way too cool! I'm very excited. I've set my next goal. My dr said he's happy if I lose only 1.5 pounds a week. Me of course, I want to lose more than that, but I know I can't be greedy or set unrealistic goals or I'm just setting myself up for failure. And, then I'll get in that nasty self pity cycle again. I had forgotten how great it feels to have a scale victory and reach a goal. I feel amazing! I can't wat to get my gazelle together. I have to clean the garage first. That's on the list to do today......Does cleaning the garage count as exercise??? It's really a mess!
Well, that's all for now girls. I gotta get ready to hit the garage. I'll try to get back on line tonight or tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great OP day and weekend!!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #26  

Ammi~My husband just said...cute. So I guess he enjoyed it. I could have just died though! For sure remind your girls about the water! You know I always noticed I needed water because I used to drink nothing but cola and other sguar drinks. And I would have killer headaches. Proably cutting out the sugar drinks alone has helped my headaches!

Sandy~Yes I forget just dancing...or just moving is a workout. And when you think about each song is anywhere from 3-4 minutes long. If I could do 5 songs thats basically like 20 minutes of exercise!
That is great about you being able to go back to work! I bet you are happy to hear that. And congrats on losing 4.6 pounds!! That is great!
Send that FFM up here!

Ok I better go. I am seriously addicted to the internet!!

Michelle
Old 10-13-2006, 12:34 PM   #27  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies.. I jus wanted to say hello. I have been so busy with school I simply haven't had time to post. I am sure no one even knew I was gone. You are all doing so well. Take care I am off to go and study again.

Ammi- I am so sorry you are sick. Hopefully you will feel better in a few days.

Katt--- Congratulation
Old 10-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #28  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

ammi - i totally agree. and i talked to him about that - he basically said that he was doing what he thought i needed at the time. hes kinda a coward and really neurotic (things i could eventually get past), but seriously - you dont kiss someone you dont want to. but whatever. whats done is done. and i cant go back now. i found ont that he is going to alabama anyway to see the girl from the emails. so. its pretty much set in stone. i told him that i didnt want to go to orlando anymore, but then i told him i was only kidding. but really, im not excited about it. im bummed that im stuck for a week with someone i dont want to go with now. this sucks.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #29  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Drive by post!

1) I have managed to raise $425 so far for my charity walk this evening. $100 of that was from the owner of the gym that I go to. I was totally floored by their generosity and support. So cool! It is only a 2 mile walk, but should be a lot of fun.

2) Thank God for habit! It is really the only thing that has been keeping me going the last few days. I am so used to my routine that I don't want to vary from it, which keeps me somewhat on track.

3) I am useless at portion control when it comes to Count Chocula cereal

4) I signed a wire transfer to half a million dollars this morning. That was a weird feeling. I know I have been talking about money problems - with the place I work we do really big ticket sales so it is either feast or famine.

That is it for me for now, but I should have time this weekend. I need to do a bit of shopping, but other than that I have no plans. Thank goodness!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #30  

Hey chickies!
It is such a nice day here! Very cool and sunny. And it smells like fall. I even started a fire this morning to warm up the house, so all was cozy.

Katt- Congrats on the lower BMI!! That's great!

Misti- I understand the chicken wings craving. One of my favorite!! And it's funny how after not eating junk or fatty foods will change your palate after a while. I had a brat and sauerkraut for the first time in forever yesterday and wound up feeding most of it to the dogs. Just too fatty.

Ammi- So sorry you've been sick. Hope you're feeling much better.

Nonames-

Valerie- Sorry things have been bad for you lately. Hang in there.

Hope everybody has a great day!!
Closed Thread