Old 10-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girlies!

Just checking in before I get on the road. I have two drugstores to do today. I was actually supposed to be out of the house early to do a warehouse club shop, but I gave the alarm an evil look at 7:30 and shut it off. Decided at 10:00 I'd at least wake up. Turned on the TV and found the new Meghan Mullaly show and watched that.

Any Grey's Anatomy fans? Meghan had Isaih Washington, Dr. Burke, on from Grey's. He's a pretty interesting guy. Did you know that he started out as a aeronautical engineer? Quit that at the age of 23, when he saw a Sike Lee film, and decided acting was for him. Went to school to study acting and has been in 35 films before doing Grey's. Ok, that's all of my movie/TV gossip for this week.

I'm going to be a "showgirl" this weekend for Man of the Year, the new Robin Williams film. If you haven't seen the trailer for it, it's going to be a hoot! He stars as comic (I know, big stretch) who is very politically incorrect. Somebody goads him into running for President and he WINS!!! It really should be hysterical. I can't wait!!!

Ok, that was my shameless plug for the movies!

Valerie: Thanks so much for the explanation.....I think! I'm glad you and Denise are getting to be good friends.

Karen: I forgot to say CONGRATS on the 1.2 down! Good for you!

Lilian: That's exactly what it was called...ADENOMA! Thanks. Now I'll have to write it down. And what you said about it is exactly what he said. I'm glad you wrote about it because now I can tell mom not to get too freaked out and maybe a pill will do the trick. Now if we could just find something to stop her up, we'd be all set.

Ruth: Good to see you, sweetie! I'm surprised they didn't send you to the GYN before the results were even back. I don't know what it is with these Dr.s but in dealing with mom I find they want to do one thing, then another, then another. Like the colonoscopy, he wanted to do that and the CAT scan and at the last minute said "let's hold off on the CAT scan". I'm like, no, let's do them both and cut the waiting time in half. Nothing like dragging this out longer and longer. Hope you're able to get an appointment quickly and see what's going on. My girlfriend's tumor was just fatty, but the size of a grapefruit. Sounds like yours is much smaller and IF you do need surgery, they'll probably be able to do it laproscopically, which is so much quicker recovery! *I'm so sorry your mom is going through the forgetfullness. It's so hard to deal with for both them and they're families.

Angela: Where are ya, girl? Trying to get some sleep, I hope!

I've gotta run. Off to work and some errands for me and my mom. See ya later. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #17  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Regarding the 2X2, I weigh in on fridays, can I start mine from this coming friday to the one two weeks after instead of mondays?
ToniLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #18  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey ladies...

Nothing much going on here, except I've been busy busy busy and it's not going to stop until Christmas!

I'd like to join the 2x2, but my weight is up so much as I wait for TOM, and I always find it deflating to "lose" what I know is water weight, blah, blah, blah. So I think I'll wallow a little longer

Sorry not to do replies, but I have to go grade a bunch of exams or my students will have my head tomorrow. Sleep tight and have an OP Wednesday!
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just checking in.

You all know I've been braindead these past few weeks. I'm surprised no one pointed out the Oct. 9-Oct 16th was only ONE week. I went back and edited my two posts that had the 16th in them and changed it to the 23rd, which would be 2 pounds in 2 weeks.

Mother: Weigh in whenever you like but it's two pounds by the 23rd.

Angela: I've been messing with the same two pounds for the past month. I lost good in July and August and now just can't seem to break through these two lousy pounds. It's frustrating, ya know.

Ok, running mom to an MRI in the morning so I've got to get some zzzzzz's. See you all later. Love ya bunches!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #20  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Okay, TOM finally turned up, so I'm going to go ahead and join the 2X2. I'll use my pre-TOM WI to start (308) so I'm aiming to get to 306.

2x2 from October 9th - October 23rd
ThinThinker
Terri
Karen
Valerie
Mother
Lilion
Angela
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:37 AM   #21  
Hang In There

I'm still here, still reading, still not motivated, but I refuse to let go of you, my lifeline. Work seems to have calmed down a bit,HR lady got mad last week and took the week off starting Tuesday afternoon. She's back and Monday she and the Admin had a "freeze out" contest. Tuesday morning they kissed and made up so things seem to be quiet for a while.

Congrats to all of you who are loosing. I thought about the 2 x 2 but immediately came up with excuses why I couldn't do it this week.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #22  

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope you all are doing good! It's COLD in Mid-MO today! I knew it was coming, but still a shock to walk out into it! Today is my Friday. I'm taking a four-day weekend. I totally shouldn't, given how far behind I am. I also totally don't care. I need a break. Saturday we're taking DS to Six Flags. In October they have Fright Fest . After dark they do scary stuff, supposedly. I'm looking forward to it. I'm really not one for rides, but I know if I DO want to get on one I'll fit this year! And while food will be terrible, I also know I'll be getting a ton of exercise.

I expect to fail the 2x2. Seeing as yesterday's WI showed me UP 2#. I'm not having an "official" WI this week, but I still think I'll just be were I was come the final WI day.

Barbara: So, is Wifey gone now? Hard to keep up with those office hijinks of yours!

Mother: What I do on the 2x2 is just start with the last "official" WI (for me 236.2 on 10/4 and I'll make my last day for the count 10/18. Still two weeks and reasonably close to when the other ladies end theirs.

Thin: How was Man of the Year? It looks funny in the previews. Hope your mom is doing okay.

Everyone else:

Well, I'm off! Later ladies!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies,

Yeah for Thursday. Been a busy week at work. But at least I'm not having to be there for 8 am conf calls anymore for awhile. That was a killer. Completely threw me off my morning exercise track.

We have a new house cleaner. DH has been wanting me to do that for a long time to take some pressure off me. We had one years ago and its hard for an accountant to pay someone else to do something they should be doing themselves. After this last raise, I tore the name off a sign at the grocery store and was considering it. However, my niece called (older sister to the $300 dress girl) and asked about making some money. She came out yesterday and cleaned house. It was awesome to come home to a sparkling house after a hard day at work. That girl outdid herself. So she's coming back to do it again in two weeks. Helps us both out since she needs money. Plus she needs to be around some stable adults. She needs to get out of a relationship where she's living with a young guy and his older brother and his wife. Seems like DN is paying most of the bills while the others are spending their cash on who knows what. Poor DN thinks she is helping and being responsible however she owes everyone else money. She's 19 and niaeve.

This week I have walked three times at night. The dog makes one trip and sits and waits for me. What a wuss. Speaking of wuss, I think he's beating on the side door wanting in.

Food hasn't been too bad this week either. Tonight we're having cornish hens in mushroom soup and rice.

Mom has been back to the geriactric doc this week. He told her that she has some kidney damage for the diabetes and got onto her again about not taking better care of managing her diabetes - ie control her sugar with better food choices and exercise. She rebels against having it which just hurts herself in the long run. She has to do the 24 hour pee thing too. Other than that, she's cleared to move as long as she comes back to see him in six months.

Time for dinner. to everyone!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #24  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

OK, earlier I posted one of my whiney, self-absorbed posts. However, I dragged my lazy, sorry, whiney, wide backside onto my treadmill anyway. I got launchcast started for some music and had a thorough cuss-fest at it cuz they kept playing rap and pausing in the middle of what songs they did play. But I ended up playing my favorite 'taking back my life' cd by Joss Stone and I burned up the belt on that little machine. OK, maybe I burned a little more of me up than of the machine, but that was the whole idea.

End result: I'm sweatin' like I was in the NBA and I FEEL GREAT! so I deleted that ugly old post. Music is a wonderful thing. Especially combined with a little cardio, don't cha think?

Now, where did I leave the hose?

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 10-12-2006 at 11:50 PM.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #25  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Just a quick check in, I had weigh in on the new scale, I had lost 10.5 lbs. since my last official weigh in. I am only .5 .bs away from my first goal of 25 lbs. I will come back in later when my daughter is away from the comp.
ToniLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Happy Saturday to all!

Looks like Fall, heck, the other day it was Winter , has finally hit the great state of Michigan! Yeowwww! *where's the shivering smilie when you need it?* It was snowing like a blizzard Thursday! Now it might reach 50 today if we're lucky. And I had several cute tweedy jackets to wear this Fall. Hmmmph!!! Too dang cold, too soon!

I'm a "showgirl" today for the movie Man of the Year. I hope Honey and I will get to actually watch it sometime tomorrow. It looks like it will be a real hoot!

Mom is doing much better. She had her MRI on Wednesday. We're holding the diahhrea at bay with a cocktail of anti-diahhreal medications. She just has a bout with it late in the evening and has been pretty much "stopped up" during the day. We don't see another doctor until next Thursday, thank God, and then we'll see what he has to say about all of the test results. She is in much better spirits and eating some better. Getting back into life, however, still not leaving the house for anything but doctor visits or tests.

Honey is doing well with his rehab. They told him today that he was working "too hard". They told him "slower and longer is better than harder and fast". He looked back and said "hmmm, I seem to have heard that somewhere before". That's my Honey!!!!

Mother: Wow! You're just creeping up on that 25 pounds, aren't you??? Good for you! A great accomplishment.

Valerie: You can't escape! I saw that "whiney" post!!! It's ok, really, that's what we're here for. When you're around the big guy, does your heart still pitter patter or are you too mad at him to bother? Sounded like the MIL expects something's up. Also sounds as if she's not surprised. Take care of yourself, girlfriend. Only YOU know what's best for YOU!!!

Terri: I'm glad you've been able to find some relief for yourself from at least the housekeeping. It sounds like your niece is just as happy to have the job as you are to have her. Hope that gives you more time to concentrate on "play" time with either the horses, the dog, or the DH! One less thing you have to worry about doing.

Lilion: Hope you're not freezing your butt off at 6 Flags!!! And what the heck is this? "I expect to fail the 2x2." That's no way to talk....or think. Talk about failing before you even get started. Buck up, kiddo and get on the infernal machine of yours a couple of nights and you'll have no problem with that 2x2!!!! (was that too harsh???)

BarbG: And you, missy! "I thought about the 2 x 2 but immediately came up with excuses why I couldn't do it this week." There are always going to be excuses if we look for them. I found the post-it note that I wrote all of our weights on at the last Spring Fling and was mortified at how badly I've done since then, 18 months, and was wondering if anyone else had done any better. We had that challenge, remember? Ahhhhh, the best laid plans.....

Angela: Hey girl, you haven't checked in in a few days. Hope you've found some nice gentleman to occupy your time. Seriously, how goes it???

Ok, girlie girls. I must run and get my job started for the day. Hope to see you all checking in by the time I get back. Love ya bunches!
Old 10-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #27  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

THIN - I saw Man of the Year last night - Very good: Laughs, a few gasps & thrills, and a love story thown in. Of course, I'm a huge Robin Williams fan. I even used to have a 'Mork' t-shirt MANY years ago. * No. No more pitty-pat. As you say, too much anger, too much blame, too many tears. But leaving is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. It makes losing this weight seem like a cake-walk (if you'll excuse the high-calorie expression.) Throwing myself headlong in to the exercise is doing wonders for me emotionally - at least temporarily - not to mentin the physical benefits of it.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Valerie: I'm so sorry your life is taking this turn. Hang in there, you'll make it through. "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger."

Oh, BTW, did I mention that we don't have any jobs in Michigan and our housing prices are plummeting through the floor, but dang it, we do have our sports teams.

The Detroit Tigers are trying to win their 4th against the Oakland A's today to get to the World Series!!!

Go Tigers! Go Tigers! Go Tigers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg detroit tigers.jpg (13.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

They WON, They WON, They WON!!!

The Detroit Tigers are going to the World Series!!!!

Go Tigers! Go Tigers! Go Tigers!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:39 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume thread!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote