Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #1  

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1025

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #2  

Talking Heeheeheehee!

Hello! Hello again!
I just had to post again...I was going to wait, but I couldn't!

Just did my WI - even though I usually weigh closer to lunch, for some reason I always lose a pound from 8:30 to noon... and it was GOOD!

I haven't lost 90 lbs.
I haven't lost 91 lbs.

I've lost 92 pounds!

I can't believe I'm only 8 lbs from 100! I'll be there before the holidays with just a little work!

(I still may weigh again before lunch and adjust if need be! Anal-retentive me!)
Old 10-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lilion -- THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! 92 pounds!!!! that is highly carrot worthy!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Lillian~ That is wonder on the weight loss keep it up.

I haven't posted in a few days things have been crazy here. I lost 5lbs this week Found out late last week we're moving from Ohio to Maine my husband got a job there. So I might not be posting much as I want with packing and all. Today got housework done and Shay's done with her schooling. Grace has a follow up eye appt to see how the glasses are doing for her lazy eye. And then got to call places to find a new home in Maine. And later I'm gonna knit too much stress gotta knit. Working on a purse for me. Might even take it to work on at the doctor's office. Well gotta make lunch and run.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:23 PM   #5  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hello Ladies,
I can't believe how much I missed. I'm gonna miss lots more until Monday.
DD's wedding Saturday, mother-in-law flying in tonight, Step daughter issues, swollen SUPER PAINFUL leg, I barely have time to breathe.
I wanted to say I'm still OP and excited about that. Hope all of you have a great week.
Sandy
I'll try to post with my weigh in results tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies - Just getting ready to leave for the hospital...fun fun. I didn't get any extra walking in last night (just the 30 odd minutes before) but I had to get to bed early to get up for my appointment. But it's okay cause I will be walking around after my appt. anyways. Well, just checking in..hope everyone is doing good, and for those who aren't!
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 10-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #7  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to do first - whether to give to dear ZELMA or for LILION's 92 down!

ZELMA, I know you NEVER would have done any intentional harm to anyone in the contest or the promoters of it... or anyone at all in fact. Your intent and the generosity of your heart are plain to be seen and heard. I'm sorry that things went amuck, but it's clear that was never your intent and you couldn't have known if they hadn't told you. I've especially sorry that you were ever made to feel bad. We love you!!!

LILION, Lilion, Lilion - BrrrrrrravO!!! You're truly back on a roll now lady!!!

ALLY - What an adventure, moving to Maine. It's beautiful up there! Please stay in touch with us the best you can, but we understand the demands of moving. Just don't lose us, K? When is the move, or is it ASAP? Congrats to your DH on the new job.

Wow SANDY, You've got a busy - no, hectic - couple of days ahead of you. You've been doing so incredibly well, but I know weddings are tough. Hang in there!!!

Well, I had my driving test this morning. He said he would pass me, but he had some serious concerns. I said "How about I go get a little more practice in and come back?" So that's what we've agreed to do. After 8 years, I'm just too rusty to really be safe. I kept forgetting that wagon back there... and that's ONLY my number one concern. He repeatedly made me promise to come back as soon as I can get some practice. I'm going to brush up on my "anatomy of an engine" too, since my pre-trip was really weak. That part didn't worry him, because I can re-learn that stuff pretty quick, but when you make a right turn, there is ZERO room for error.

He's already run my MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) and copied my license, so I know he's serious about wanting me back. Besides, he told me they're turning down 90+ loads a day because they don't have enough drivers. I liked him; He was pretty straight forward.

Besides, it WILL be physical work, and this gives me another week or two to keep working out and melting a little more tonage. I should be really motivated to 'Pump It Up' with this job in mind. He warned me I'd be tired the first week or two, and since I've done local work before, I'm sure he has NO IDEA how sore AND tired I'll be. The last time I switched from OTR to local driving, I was in better shape when I started, and it still took me 2 months to stop hurting.

Well, I better go find a semi to drive. Anybody got one I could practice on for a couple of hours??? HaHa - I thought not.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Just saying a quick hello

Lilion way to go girl!!!!

Today is my 7th day and in my first week I lost 3kg, thats a little bit more then 6 pounds..I love it

Had a really good day today aswell, still need to excersise, but thats gonna happen in an hour or so. Hope I'll have time to read everything you wrote...dear god girls slow down

Have a nice day everyone
Old 10-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

GET THIS! GET THIS! GET THIS! In talking with my husband on the phone about this job I didn't get and how much money "I" need to make and how much debt we have, I said idly "How did it get this bad?" and HE says "We're HORSE POOR" and that basically all our debt is because of my horses. So I listened for a while and said, "You know, the debt was already there before we got married." So he said "We aren't gonna go there." Don't you love that?

Gee. So I've worked like a dog for 7 years for nothing more than room and board for myself and yes, my horses, while he's taken everything, but it's MY fault we're in debt like this??? He presented me with yet another of his 2 year plans to get out of debt, and I told him my problem with that was that I've heard so many 2 year plans, and none of them has worked. All my fault I guess. Me and the horses. I guess I haven't been pulling my share of the load all this time, since I haven't paid off his house yet.

Then he started to whine about how he'd have to work in a truck for the rest of his life instead of retiring at 57, all because I just got off the truck, and I pointed out that I would have to do the same - so??

Right now, right at this moment, I could just walk. But first I'm gonna rip him a new backside. For once, I can hardly wait until he gets home.... Hey, does anybody know how many calories being really, really PO'd burns by the hour?

I know how sweet you guys are, and please don't be sorry for me at this point. I made this bed. Every time I get really upset, especially this flatly outraged, I'm actually one step closer to fixing something that's wrong in my life. And that's what we're doing here - facing and fixing problems in our life. It's uncomfortable, but I'm not the first to go through it, and it can only make me stronger, right? It's just one of those things. I don't even feel sad right now... and that doesn't bode well for 'debt boy', now does it?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Valerie - I can't relate to your experience with your husband but I do know about getting yourself into debt and trying to work yourself out of debt. I've read a lot of things about budgeting and getting out of debt. I think if you and your husband want to get out of debt, then you have to work together on a plan and work together to stick to it. One of the key things is to not get into more debt. Then to cut down on current expenses. I don't think it is fair for your husband to blame you for your shared debt. I do think that both of you need to sit down though and look at your income, look at your debt and look at your expenses. Try to cut back on your expenses as well as come up with a usable debt management plan. If you get the job you are going for, I'm sure that will help a lot in cutting out your debt. The problem with a lot of people and debt though is that their expenses tend to increase with their income and you just need to make sure that doesn't happen. It isn't the responsibility of one person, it is the responsibility of both people.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nitekat: Congrats on your Dad's house!

Melissa: Sorry you are at a plateu. Hang in there.

Ammi: Thanks for the sweet support!

Val: Hugs. And put some gloves on and punch a bag of oats! Good exercise.

Wyllen: I know you will reach what ever goals you set for yourself.

Zelma: I'm outraged by the way they are treating you. Hugs to you sweetie.

Lilion: Wahoo -92. You are doing amazing!

Ally: -5 congrats

Lavandel: -6 Way to go.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #12  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey guys!
Wow some of you have had great losses this week! I am SO jealous! Although I did have a perfectly great OP day today! I guess having a sucky night last night pushed me into action.

Val~ sorry you are having problems hun. Sometimes all you need to do is walk. I hope all works out the way its meant to

lilion~ way to go girl! 92 is AWESOME

Ammi~ I'm headed downstairs to Gazelle my way back into this. I'll use you for some great needed motivation Thanks!

I walked by a ladies desk today and she had a little critter on her desk holding a sign. I thought everyone would get a chuckle from it.

"Its hard to stay positive when even your fat pants are tight" I cracked up!!!

Until later...
Brenda
Old 10-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello All,

Wow what a productive day I have had today. It started of with me wanting to sort out the airing cupboard, and find a few Halloween decorations I have. Once that started well it had a snowball effect. Not only did I sort out the airing cupboard, I also sorted through all our clothes, kids included, and sorted through boxes of stuff I forgot I had, and now I have 7 large bags and a suitcase full of stuff which I will give to charity. I am giving away a load of board games too, so that should come in handy for Christmas. I also managed to exercise once, and look after Beth, so yep, a very productive day. I still have to exercise before tea, cook tea, and then that’s it, I am doing nothing else today

Valerie – I must admit that I wondered why you were going for a job on a truck when you had wanted so desperately to stop working on hubby’s one. But then I saw your reply and it all makes sense. From no wages to all that money, I would say that’s a pretty good reason to go back to driving with the test today, that you won’t crunch those gears I do worry about the kind of truck you will be driving, a bomb is what you called it I hope if you get the job you never have an accident

Yes indeed I do have a date with the ‘100 Club’ so I am determined to keep exercising even with Beth off school. She is a bit better today, but she has developed an awful cough. Her tummy was hurting before from throwing up so much the other night, and now it’s hurting from all the coughing

I had to stop writing this earlier, and since then you have posted again about how the test went. It sounds very promising that the guy kept nagging you to go back again as soon as you get some more practice. The question is, where do you get the practice from? It’s not like you have a semi sitting in the garage for you to practice in

As for hubby, all I will say is MEN Take care, and not that I need to say this, but give him ****

Kimberly – it really sucks doesn’t it when you choose what you consider to be a healthy option and then find out later that it’s not as healthy as you thought! I am glad you got the answers on that Smoothie you had, and hey, I am sure it won’t have been as bad as if you had had a chocolate thick shake or something

Jen – thanks for the info on the water. I know it was meant for Zelma, but you have enlightened me too. I tend to spend a lot of time upstairs in the day so only drink 1 or 2 pint glasses of water. But in the evening as I am downstairs I drink about another 5 of them and I am constantly running to the toilet. Now I know why. I am drinking too many close together. Ok I will stop being so lazy now and will have to space them out evenly all day

Yes I would definitely recommend you put a Richard Simmons DVD on your list for Santa He has so many I am sure you will find one that you like. I went for the disco one because I love disco music. The work out is great, and like Katt, I did take a while to get the steps right, but once I did it made it all the more fun!

that’s fantastic news that you lost lbs and made it to more than 30 lbs in 3 months. And only 1 lb to go til you meet your first 10% goal, you are doing amazingly well

Kenya – that’s amazing that you could stop at just one Twinkie and 4 Oreos. I know I would be hard pushed to stop with the cookies, and Daren could never stop at just one Twinkie. We can’t get them over here, well not unless you buy online or go to London So when Daren does have one he REALLY savours it

Amanda – I will tell you what everybody told me, and it’s been brilliant advice. Write your replies in Word, or another programme like that, and then copy and paste it onto 3FC. I have lost way too many LONG posts in the past, but since the last time, and switching to typing this on Word I have been saved from the 4 times that something has gone wrong and normally would have meant me losing my post Sorry you lost yours, believe me, I know how frustrating it is

Ok I am officially getting the romance vibes now, not only do you fancy your ‘Jake’ but you think he may fancy you too Well if it doesn’t happen before, maybe you can get yourself some Mistletoe and get yourself a Christmas smooch from him that way

I hope your first water aerobics class goes really well and that you won’t be sore after it!

Lilion – OH YES I am doing the happy dance with your That’s wonderful news that you lost another 3 LBS taking you to just 8 little lbs from 100 lbs lost You must be on cloud 9

Thanks for the info on the Brownie mix. When I go shopping next I will see what I can find. I really fancy making them. I did try to make a WW carrot cake once, it was FOUL, yuck. So I hope the muffins will end up much nicer

Nancy – that is great news that you will still be able to work out with weights just as long as you breathe properly and also don’t do squats. That’s far better than not being able to work out at all isn’t it!

Brenda – am loving your new avatar picture. Your hair looks really cute like that I must say. Do you call them plaits over there? Or are they braids?

Sorry you got mad at yourself for not making yourself go to the gym. Well look on the bright side, you DIDN’T comfort eat and you should be proud of yourself for that

Misti – every time you mention Fort Lauderdale I can’t help but think of the Elvis film that is set there. Now of course I can’t remember what it’s called, but I know I enjoyed it

Is this a silly question, I was just wondering if you could have some kind of cosmetic surgery done when your thyroid scar gets ‘baggier’ as you think it will with age? Would you have something like that done? I have Frankenstein type scars on my thighs and on my tummy after the various surgeries I have had. I would dearly love to have them tidied up, but at the same time I LOATHE surgery. So I guess when I weigh up the pros and cons I will end up sticking with my ugly scars.

Heather – what a very proud moment you will have when you lose that 6 lbs and officially not be obese anymore I have always hated that word, and hate the term Morbidly Obese even more! I will be really happy for you when you are just going to be considered overweight

Amy – NHS is the National Health Service, and everybody is entitled to care from it. If care can be considered the correct word I know I had pretty terrible treatment when I was in hospital, but that said, I will be forever grateful to the NHS because of Beth. They supplied her with a Cochlear Implant, something that I know if I lived in the US or Australia I wouldn’t ever have been able to afford. So I mustn’t run them down too much.

It does upset me a lot when I hear of situations like you mentioned where people can be given prescriptions but can’t afford to fill them Also I have friends with ostomies who either can’t get health insurance, or if they already have it they are very strict with what supplies they can have. I change my ostomy bag daily, but some people I know try to keep them on for up to a week because they can’t afford to change more often than that. Some will even wash out the supposedly disposable bag and use it again It really breaks my heart. I mean it’s not just for the feeling of freshness that I change mine daily, there are all sorts of problems that can go wrong like burnt skin from the faeces getting onto the skin around the stoma if I don’t change the bag often enough. So yes, the NHS can be rough, but I am grateful to it anyway.

Oh yes, Daren is really thrilled that I am getting happier and healthier with every lb I lose. Ever since he has known me I have been ill, or having surgery, or recovering from surgery. Now I am getting back to the fun loving person I am, and he love it. I can’t wait to be slim enough to go to a theme park with him. He went with his ex once, they took the kids, and the ex and one daughter wouldn’t get on any fast rides, and whenever Daren wanted to go on a rollercoaster etc, the ex would moan that he was leaving her with the kids. Sooo when I go with him we are going to go on every single ride there is, hence me needing to make sure I can fit onto all of them

I love the sound of the punk outfit you have ready to wear, and I hope you will do what you said and get a full length pic of yourself to post on here. If I can dig out a photo of me when I wore my ‘choose life’ outfit, I promise I will post that

Are you a member of online WW? Just wondering about the recipe section you got that delicious sounding recipe for Layered Mexican Chicken from. I haven’t been on the WW site for ages, but I don’t remember a recipe section for non payers. Things might have changed though

As for your thumb and the surgery you are thinking of performing on it, I would cut that flap of skin off. I can’t see that it would make you more prone to infection, but then I am no expert. All I know is that if it was my thumb that skin would have gone a long time ago

Loved the story about your friends kids and your kitty, thanks for sharing

Zelma – I sent you an email about the situation you find yourself in thanks to the Slimming magazine competition etc. Just want to say here that you are a special lady and I hope you don’t let this all bring you down too much

Katt – there was a time Beth would look for any reason to miss school too. BUT now she has a BF there, and of course any time away from school is time away from him. She has to travel 15 miles to school every day, and he lives near the school, so she rarely sees him outside of school. Not a bad thing while she seems to be sex mad and only 15

Guess what I ate last night with my WW turkey shepherds pie? Amongst other veggies, I had WHITE carrots. It was very peculiar seeing them white not orange, can they did have a lighter taste than orange carrots. I prefer the latter though, so good job I got loads of both

Ok I am nosy I admit it, but if you ever want to elaborate on how you didn’t see your dad for 8 years, and how you met him again I would love to hear it. PM me if you don’t want to put it all here, well if you want to talk about it that is It’s lovely that you have got such a wonderful relationship with him now. I wish I had been close to my dad. Still, if I was I guess I would have been devastated when he died at 60, so perhaps it’s better that I wasn’t!

Wow you sure did push yourself when you had your tonsils out. Not only checking out of the hospital so soon, but then singing as well by the Friday. I know now that when you have tonsils out you sometimes aren’t even kept overnight. But you aren’t allowed to go out or mix with people for two weeks after the op. I am sure you didn’t stick to those rules Question now? Is it possible to have a sore throat after you have your tonsils out? Beth says she has a really sore throat, but she had her tonsils out in early August. Daren has had his out and says it’s impossible to have a sore throat if you don’t have tonsils. So just wondering what you think about that statement

Ally – congrats on the 5 lbs lost that’s brilliant You must be really pleased with that!

Great news about the move too, I hope you will be really happy in Maine, and that you will post whenever you can once you are settled in.

Sandy – good luck with your WI, hope you see good results. Will miss your posts while you are busy with all the wedding stuff. I hope your daughter has a wonderful day, and that you don’t cry too much I also hope your leg will be ok on the day and not cause you too much pain

Missy - at the hospital

Lavandel – Woohoo 6 lbs in one week, that’s awesome What a great start to being OP

Annie - love your latest avatar doggie I hope you are having a great day. I will email you later

When I started this post I had to stop just as I was writing to Katt. I couldn’t read any more because I had the flashing lights and blurring vision, my warning signs that I was getting a migraine. Try as I might, I just could not focus. I feel like I have a hangover now, so never got my last 30 mins of exercise in I will try to do an hour and a half tomorrow if I can squeeze it in. I hate to fall behind in my exercise this early in the month.

Anyway take care all, and I will try to check in once more before I go to sleep. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #14  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Zelma-

Ally - congrats on the 5 lbs gone

Lilion- Congrats. I am so proud of you.

Ammi- I hope your headache gets better.

I am have a great OP day! Anyway I am happy I have a place to come and type that I also love it when my husband says "are you talking to those women again?" He never calls us Fat Chicks Have a great night ladies
Old 10-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Brenda - just saw that you posted again, and you said you were going to work out on your Gazelle Rider. How are your feet on there now? Mine have improved a lot, but they do end up hurting a bit towards the end of my half an hour work out. Nothing like before though thank goodness. Do you listen to music while you work out? I do, and I try to keep up with the beat of the music, it's a good way to vary my exercise on there

Take care,

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread