Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #1  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again #1023

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #2  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Amy I am so sorry... I am silly aren't I. I hope you are having a great day.

Everyone thank you so much about the comments on my pictures!

Ammi- congrats on reaching 80 pounds shed. That is SUPER!

Dogpal--- Thank you so much. I think back to why I changed my life and it was because of nursing school! Seriously, my first patient was very, very heavy. The patient and had so many medical problems and it scared the living mess out of me. Basically the patient was 45 and dying because of problems associated with obesity. I seriously saw myself in that patient. Also just being being in nursing school just scares the crap out of me with everything that can go wrong with our bodies. There are so many things that can predispose a person to certain diseases but I always see smoking and obesity at the top of many different disease processes. I said to myself since I don't smoke I really needed to work on my obesity problem. So I set out to save my life. I have always liked myself but I am starting to really like myself again
Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #3  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

AMY & KENYA - You two are so funny, BOTH starting a new thread! THANKS to you both!!

Well, I applied for a couple jobs today. One place always has a sign out so I figured they must go thru employees like water, but hey, I need a check. When I finished the app they told me to just set it on top of the others - a stack two inches high! If I'd seen that, I wouldn't have wasted my time filling the thing out in the first place!

Went to the bank to transfer $$$ to pay my horse board, and it closed 4 minutes before I got there. :roll: Gee, if I hadn't wasted time on that silly job app...

Hey, that's life. I just wish I hadn't wasted the gas to go all the way downtown when I have to go back tomorrow. But now it's off to play horsies. Got a lesson tonight. Gee, hopefully it won't be too long before I lose enough weight to start TAKING lessons again instead of just giving them - I'M SO EXCITED!!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #4  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Wow Kenya - That's definately motivation!

DOGPAL, Annie, it sounds like you're just totally rockin' it lately! I'm glad you're getting out and have so many sources of support. Keep it up, my friend!!!

MANDA - You're doing GREAT!!! Congratulations on the September Success - Wow! 11 inches!!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #5  
Staying Positive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses View Post
Well, I applied for a couple jobs today. One place always has a sign out so I figured they must go thru employees like water, but hey, I need a check. When I finished the app they told me to just set it on top of the others - a stack two inches high! If I'd seen that, I wouldn't have wasted my time filling the thing out in the first place
This had me laughing It is just so funny

Ammi--where did you go. Your body looks GREAT! I love you new photos
Old 10-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies - <Possible TMI?> Got back from the DR...I have to go in for a breast ultrasound at the hospital on Wednesday. I went in to the clinic since I found a small lump a couple days ago that hadn't been noticable before. I didn't think it was anything bad, but I was told you should go in anytime there's a change or something "odd" with your breasts. (And John and my sister told me to go anyways.) So they said there's barely any chance of breast cancer (I figured) but that it did feel not normal so they want me to get a ultrasound just to make sure. But they're betting that it's just tissue that's newly noticable (more prominent) because of my weight loss, since I noticed they have changed and I mentioned that. Anyways, so I should have a clean bill come Wednesday afternoon. So, good news is I got a walk home from the clinic - 34 minutes! YAY! Food has been OP as well. Just gotta keep truckin'!! With any luck I will haul my butt out for a little walk again later. Hope everyone is doing well.
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 10-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #7  
Staying Positive!

Melissa I am so happy that you are getting things checked out!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #8  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

brandnewme--I dont know if you remember me from before, I used to post here back in like February/March? Anyway, I wish you luck getting back on track. I know how you feel getting on the scale and seeing how much damage has been done and how much work has been un-done. It is hearbreaking. I hope you are able to work your plan while staying busy with school. It is not easy, I know.

Luan--I didnt know carrots were considered high starch! Ooops. Well, I guess I only eat about a cup/day (except for during my shopping excursion this weekend, of course ) so I guess I havent screwed up that much. Thanks for the info, though!!

I really like your new avatar. Good old Silent Bob. I hope you are feeling a little better, at least. Good idea to take the kids for a bike ride and get out of the house for a bit. I agree that you dont want to be a fool, but I understand what a difficult position this puts you in because you have been friends for so long. I really hope things work out for you, but either way I know you are pretty broken up about it. I am so sorry.

I will have to check out that book--I've heard it was pretty good.

Michelle--Thanks, I really worked hard to stay OP all weekend. Yeah, I love Walmart no matter what everyone says. My sister hates them and refuses to shop there, but you really cant beat thier prices.

Wow, I dont know how I could handle 24 hr darkness. I think I would have like huge anxiety over it, like I would wake up every day and think it was the apocolypse or something...! Hopefully you will be relocating soon.

Misti--Your Plan B sounds like a good one. I got frustrated with the water aerobics class because it seemed too difficult--like they werent taking into consideration the fitness factor or swimming strength of someone who would take a water aerobics class, i.e. people who are out of shape, elderly people, etc (that isnt always the case, but you know what I mean). I was always lagging behind even though I do consider myself a pretty strong swimmer. I didnt feel like it was very well instructed, either.

Hey parasailing sounds really awesome! I would like to do that someday, too.

Ammi--Oh, Ammi I'm so glad you are feeling better! That's great that it isnt as noticeable as you thought. I am happy that you are happy!

Wow, so you really know what its like to be "in the line of fire" as the cashier! A couple of times I have actually said something to the customers when they are just being downright mean. But that can be dangerous because you never know, someone could just go crazy on me and hurt me so I try to avoid that situation and/or keep my mouth shut!

That is a nightmare having to be in the hospital for those long periods of time! I hope you at least had some friendly hospital staff to care for you. It was really freaky the way I got Staph. I fell down about 1/2 a flight of stairs at my old job. Well, I landed on my leg and that apparently caused an abcess to form in my leg. Well about a month later this Staph developed in my leg and my Dr said it was because I had athlete's foot at the time and due to me scratching my feet it became open skin and the bacterian must have gotten in that way and settled in the abcess. Weird, huh? Yeah, I wouldnt believe it myself had my doctor herself not told me that.

Oh, I must have missed your full length pics. Yes, please post some progress pics!!! I cant believe you've lost 80 lbs! That is so amazing!! You are really rocking and rolling, girlie!!

Sorry to hear your daughter isnt well and that the teachers are giving you a hard time about getting her to the dr again. Ah, the joys of kids....(like I would know, huh! )

Valerie--I hope you were able to get some good excercise in yesterday and stay OP!! You are rockin' this challenge, girl!! Yeah!

I'm sorry to hear you are having some doubts about your relationship. I know how that feels (well, kinda--I was never married to my ex and not for 30 yrs, thank God). My ex boyfriend was a lot like this. But it didnt mean that he wasnt "into" me. He actually was very in love with me but he had some depression and self esteem issues that caused him to have a low sex drive. He also didnt like to display affection in front of anyone and, issues or not, NEVER made the first move. But I am very sorry that you are having to deal with these issues. Have you tried counseling? I know everyone says counseling is the answer, but it really has helped me during rough patches in my life. I wish you luck, my dear.

Amanda--That's awesome that you have a friend to walk with now! Water aerobics will be fun. Sounds like you are doing great!!

Sounds like you had an eventful weekend! You are very nice to stay at your sister's house and fix thier computer and put up with a teething 11 mo old to boot!

That's great about the -3 and all the inches you've lost!! I cant wait till my band size starts going down. You cant exactly buy a 46 or 48 at Walmart or anywhere cheap!

Brenda--Your pics from the orchard are really cool! You look so much slimmer since the last pics you posted. I can really tell in your face! You are doing so awesome, girl!

Jen--No idea about the burning muscle thing, but I also heard that you dont burn fat until AFTER 30 min. So if both are true then if you work out for 90 min you only burn fat for 30 of that??? What's the first 30 for? I dont understand that because Curves is only a 30 min workout and they say you burn 500 calories doing it...Hm. Who knows?

Lilion--Good to hear your nephew is expected to survive, but you are right, it does take quite the character to really survive an injury like that, as it were. You never know, maybe he will become that person because he has no other choice. Dont know if you're religious or not, but my mom likes to say "God only gives us what he thinks we can handle". I just wish he didnt have so much faith in me sometimes!

Yeah, those flex points are nice but I agree--probably not all in one day. But WW doesnt say anything about not being able to do that, so I think its ok once in a while.

Kim--Glad to hear you are doing better! I, too, get wrapped up in how long this whole thing is going to take. But I need to stop looking at it as a short term thing! These are life-long changes I'm making and I need to look at them that way.

I can totally see why the instructor saying you are a regular would be a big deal to you! I would be happy too! I would think "Who wudda thought--me, a regular excerciser!!" That's just great! And great that you are sharing that with you friend.

on the loss and staying OP! You are doing fabulous!!

Lavandel--Yeah, things move pretty fast here so its hard to keep up! I usually just post 1 big post per day and then if I have time check in in the evenings. But its is totally understandable that not everyone has time to do all the personals, etc.

I am just starting out too (as you can tell by my ticker--only -2 so far! ) so I know how you feel wanting it to be your 50th day instead of your 5th. Glad to hear you are staying OP!! Good job!

Melissa--GOOD JOB on getting back on track w/your calorie counting. It really makes a difference, as I'm sure you've noticed. Great job with all the excercise you've been doing!

Your excercise goal sounds great! Mine is really small but oh well--its something, right?

I hope your BF gets that asst mgr job. That would really be something! Cool!

Sharon--Sorry to hear you werent feeling so well! Glad to hear you were able to at least keep something down today. I hope you are on the mend, my dear.

Sandy--Sorry to hear your daughter's new in-laws are adding to the stress of the wedding! Planning weddings is stressful enough! I'll bet you are just on edge right now. I hope things settle a little after the wedding.

You are right about staying OP. Good point to make about it being a present for ourselves.

I think I am getting that cold too, arg!

Vicki--Hi, nice to meet you! I'm glad you havent gained anything but I agree, its a little disheartening when you dont lose, either. Good for you for recommiting yourself!

Nelie--Glad to hear the size 20s are fitting now! They'll be loose in no time. That really means a lot to me, when my clothes start fitting better. A # on a scale is 1 thing, but clothing is something tangible.

Great to hear you got some good bargains! Woo hoo!!

Annie--Great to hear you are OP today! WW is very flexible but the counting gets to me sometimes. But, you take the good with the bad. I'd rather count everything and be able to eat from any food group than do like South Beach and have to watch carbs or something. That just doesnt work for me.

How did you like the Curves plan? Did you think it was very liveable?

As for me, I'm doing well. I stayed OP all weekend!! Yesterday my friend and I went out to eat. We had planned to go to a Greek place which would be very WW friendly--hummus, pasta, olive oil, etc. THEN she suggested we go to a steak place that has these potato wedges that are to DIE for (DEEP FRIED with cheese, BACON, ranch; you get the idea ). BUT I resisted. I told her it wouldnt be good for my plan and I cant do that. I probably could've done it and stayed OP, but the temptation to over-indulge would've been too great, I knew that. It kinda made me mad that she even tempted me that way, though, full well knowing that I am on a diet.. Maybe she forgot or something, but I dont think so. But she has no idea how hard it really is to lose weight. She's never struggled with weight, in face she was a size 00 in high school. Yes, that is TWO 0's, as in smaller than a size 0. I wouldnt believe it myself had I not known her then. Yeah, and she's like 5' 10". Gimme a break.

Anyway, we went shopping afterward and I got a cute sweater on sale at Target. We had fun, but she drives me nuts sometimes. This is the same friend that has no maternity clothes, but yet she refuses to check Goodwill or even shop at Walmart for them. A few weeks ago at Shopko there were a bunch of maternity shirts on clearance for like $3/each. She tried them on but then didnt get them because it was going turn cold outside and they were short sleeved. So what? Wear a sweater over them (she's a stay-at-home mom so doesnt need like career clothes). Anyway, then yesterday she tries on this long sleeved shirt but the material was really thin. I said it didnt look too warm for winter. THEN she says...are you ready for this? "Oh, I'm not worried about it being warm" . Dude. DUDE. Yeah, I am not helping her anymore. If she is not willing to help herself then I dont know what to tell her. If this was the only thing that would be different, but a couple weeks ago we were in the mall and she bought her daughter a pair of $14 jeans. The kid is THREE for crying out loud. Then she goes into Motherhood Maternity and starts trying on clothes. I mean, she and her husband are on the verge of losing thier house, but she acts like she would DIE before buying clothes at Walmart, Target, Shopko--ANY discount store. Where the heck does she think I shop??? And I dont have 2 kids and 1 on the way and about to be put out of my house! I mean, the girl acts like she's never been poor before even though she grew up DIRT poor. Man, she's been my best friend for 10 years but that doesnt mean that she doesnt do some things that just make me scratch my head sometimes!!

ANYWAY, thanks for letting me get THAT off my chest. I had planned to go to Curves tonight but I think I am getting sick. My chest feels really heavy and I've been so tired and groggy all day that I feel like I could fall asleep any minute. And that nasty croupy-phlegmy cough is starting. Yay. I'm probably getting some kind of cold or bronchial crap. There are a few people that sit close to me at work that have HORRIBLE sounding coughs. Ick. Hey, at least this time I wont be sick for weeks and weeks and weeks like I was when I was smoking!

And even though I am totally complaining and whining I AM having a pretty good day. Still OP, still rockin' it. We've been busy as all get out at work today but it HAS made it go really fast. I'm off in 15 min!!

Last edited by VioletSwerve; 10-02-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #9  

Violet - Your exercise goal is great - when I started on the August thread my goal was 310 minutes! Plus, who says you can't fly right past your goal? In August I ended up doing 1951 minutes!! I will NEVER get that again I'm sure, lol, I guess I was "hot-to-trot" my first time out!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Lilion – the problem with getting something like coco pops for Beth’s cereal is that Caleigh (Daren’s daughter) can’t have any. She has a TERRIBLE time with constipation, and the only way we can keep her from literally blocking the toilet is to make sure she eats plenty of high fibre stuff which includes All Bran cereal for breakfast. If we bought the nice stuff for Beth and Caleigh couldn’t have it there would be resentment and then she would probably go behind our back and take it which would just cause problems. So I am between a rock and a hard place! Beth won’t eat breakfast because she just doesn’t like it, she hates breakfast cereal, toast, fruit, but would love thinks like French toast, cooked breakfasts and the like. Even if we could afford to feed her like that, she would end up a right little dumpling So she just doesn’t eat. BUT her teacher has told her that if she doesn’t eat breakfast then when she gets to school she will have to eat some plain biscuits there in front of the teacher. Hopefully that will inspire her to eat, and I will make her things like scrambled egg or a boiled egg if that’s what she will eat.

Glad you managed to stop spitting your coffee over the PC when you read about my Barbie Butt Now if only I could get it as slim as Barbie’s

You gave me a laugh when you said about who would be likely to see you in your nighty, and/or bathing suit I love your sense of humour

Sandy – you know our SDs might be related, yours sounds exactly like mine. When she first moved in with us she was such a trial and I didn’t have the patience to deal with her thanks to having depression that wasn’t under control. The times she made me want to pull my hair out I lost count of. Well she still does, but I have more patience now so can ignore her better. It wasn’t her that was ill today, it was Beth (my daughter). So Caleigh didn’t have an excuse for her behaviour this morning, she was just being her usual rotten self. Good job I love Daren so much, taking on that girl is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I am sorry you have a similar SD

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, between that and the stress of the wedding I bet you could do with a nice holiday Speaking of holidays is your DD going to have a honeymoon anywhere? Not long til the big day now, I hope you will post pics.

Vicki – how great to see you posting again, and it’s wonderful that you haven’t gained any weight since the last time you posted here. I know you wish you had lost some weight, but maintaining is still an accomplishment

Thanks for the comments on my avatar photo and the congrats on my weight loss. I really look forward to when I have lost as much weight as you have. You have done an amazing job. Now you’ve had a bit of a break, you are back, you are committed and I am sure those lbs will be flying off again!

Patti – it’s amazing, but even though I do think of eating when I get stressed about stuff, I realise that that is one of the reasons I got to the size I was. So I refuse to do that anymore and it feels great to have finally cut the ties with the emotional eating

Good for you for getting up and cleaning, exercising, and making sure you drink plenty of water. Keeping that up will make sure the FFM will come visiting on Friday. 20 lbs by your appt in December is definitely doable. I am aiming to lose my 20 lbs by then too. That way I am sure I will be inspired even more not to make a pig of myself at Christmas

Nelie – it’s funny how you said that I shouldn’t worry about people seeing my ‘bulge’ and their curiosity. As I was taking Beth to the doctors today that very thought crossed my mind. Ok, so I have an ostomy, it’s nothing to be ashamed of, gosh I even know of ostomates who go swimming with bikinis on with their bag totally in sight! So why should I worry about what may or may not be noticeable under my t-shirt. Of course, thinking that and actually not being constantly worried about it showing are two different things. I’ll get there eventually, I hope

That’s great that you have learned portion control now. I KNOW what I can eat, but sometimes when something tastes SO good, it’s hard to stick to those rules Great news about being in size 20 pants now, you don’t know how much I look forward to being in size 20s too.

Amanda - that’s fantastic that you lost another 3 lbs. 17 lbs in a month is brilliant, and the inches you have lost are even better. You should be really proud of yourself. I hear you on the new bras thing. I bought some new ones in August, and now they are all too big around the back. So I have had to take all the sides in Can’t afford new bras just yet, but they are fine now I have sewn them!!

Valerie – One thing our SDs seem good for are giving us that extra ummmph when it comes to exercising. Working off the stress they give us is a good way to deal with it! Soooo, not only will you get the thrill of riding and showing your horse when you have lost enough weight, but if your SD will really hate that, then all the more reason to go for it. What more motivation do you need

Thanks for the and the congrats on hitting 80 lbs lost. I still can’t believe it when I see that number. I guess I have definitely surpassed my usual 30 lbs weight loss limit

Lavandel – good for you for having a 100% OP day, days like that are brilliant aren’t they!

Brenda – thanks for the compliments on my photos. I still can’t get over yours, and even if you don’t feel younger, I am telling you my friend, you sure do look it

Missy – thanks for the congrats on my 80 lbs lost. My secret? No idea. I have dieted on and off for the last 20 years and I have never ever done this well. I guess it all comes down to the scare I had about how my weight was disabling me. Any time I feel like giving up, or eating more than I should I just remember how bad I felt when I was 329 lbs. It’s great motivation.

Good for you for going to the doctors when you found a lump in your breast. Hopefully the tests will confirm what the doctor suspects that it's just newly noticeable tissue since your weight loss. I am sure it's a worry regardless of his assurances, and I hope you are ok

Annie – you don’t know how happy it makes me feel whenever I read about how well you are doing with your exercise or eating. You are SO motivated now, and I love it. I bet you will have another great loss at your next WI

Kimberly – no my ostomy doesn’t suck it just blows out Seriously, I am like your great aunt, hate my ostomy some days, am fine with it most days. It even gives us all a laugh sometimes. We can be sitting quietly watching the TV and all of a sudden the ostomy will let rip with a huge fart. The best part about it is that I am the only one in the house that doesn’t stink the house out when it happens

I have to say I love my proper name too, and I went all my childhood and right up until I was 18 before I let people shorten it. Mum always told me I am not Ann, I am not Marie, I am Ann-Marie and that’s what people have to call me When I came to the UK my sister and her kids started calling me Ammi, my nephew shortened it even further to just Am Other than that even with my ex, I was always Ann-marie. But when I met Daren we met online and my online name is Ammi, so Ammi stuck. I don’t mind it at all, it’s cute when he says it too, he has a funny accent. When he says Bus, its pronounced buzz, with the ‘u’ sound being the same as the ‘oo’ in book Aren’t you glad I told you all that

I hope I am right about Zelma, maybe I missed a post saying that she was having more procedures done?? All I know is that she had the colonoscopy, had to have two enemas in order to clear the way for it, and that it all went well. Did I miss anything after that? I hope not!

Kenya – thanks for the compliments on my pics. It feels great to finally see a big difference in my photos. It still makes me smile. I bet you feel the same about your awesome photos!!

Amy - I love your posts, they are so colourful and great to read. I totally hear you on your pregnant friend who can't bring herself to shop in a discount store. I had a friend who was in dire straits financially, and she was always moaning about having no decent furniture, and no clothes etc. So I would advise her to look in the paper for second hand furniture etc, and you would think I suggested she sell her first born or something. Crazy isn't it. I don't blame you for not helping her out anymore, not when she can go buy pants for her little girl that cost so much money. Definitely crazy

Wow what a way for you to get Staph in your leg, like you said, if the doctor hadn't told you you wouldn't believe it. Is your leg ok now? I am sorry to say that during all those stays in the hospital I wasn't looked after well, nobody was. One example of the lack of care was when I pressed my nurse call button once because I was having severe pain close to my wound. It was like somebody put a hot iron on me. Anyway, ONE hour later a nurse finally came to me, I told her my predicament, she said she would get a doctor to come and see me. Daren came to visit, and 10 hours later, and many requests to the nurse for some help, I finally got to see a doctor. And do you know what he said? Are you the patient with chest pains!!!! UM NO!! The only reason I think I eventually got seen was because Daren refused to leave until I was, and it was WAY past visiting hours. It turns out I had cellulitis and Mrsa infecting my wound, and it was the Cellulitis that was causing the pain. I had to be moved to a private room and had 3 lots of antibiotics going in via IV. So nope, I wasn't looked after well at all. I was SO glad when I was allowed home!!

I put some photos on the pic page of me before and after my 80 lbs off, and they are full length

Sorry that you are feeling unwell, I hope you will be feeling ok again soon

Ok I need to get some sleep now. So take care all and I will ‘see’ you tomorrow,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #11  

Ammi - it has to be tough trying to keep two girls with different needs happy! I have a recipe I thought I'd share as a treat for Caleigh ...I've never had them before, but I've been told they are great and healthy-they're a WW site.

BREAKFAST BROWNIE MUFFINS - 1 PT. EA.
Serving Size : 24

3 cups All-Bran® Cereal -- (don't substitute)
2 1/2 cups water
1 Box Krusteaz brownie mix, fat free -- (or Betty Crocker LF)
3 tsp baking powder

Preheat Oven at 350 Degrees.
Mix cereal with water and let soak for 5 minutes. Add brownie mix and baking powder, mix and let sit for a minute or two so the baking powder has a chance to work. Spray regular size cupcake pans with cooking spray or use paper liners. Fill 2/3 full. Bake about 15 - 18 minutes. Makes about 24 cupcakes at 1 pt each!

You can spice them up with a teaspoon to tablespoon (to taste) of Orange, Vanilla, Anise or Coconut flavoring! They are great! Quick and Easy. A word of caution…they are HIGH FIBER…it is not recommended that you over indulge in them,

My son had Caleigh's problem when he was younger, but has kind of outgrown it. I always gave him lots of fruit - which luckly he loves. He always had to take a fiber laxative too and a tablespoon of mineral oil twice a day. I always liked finding stuff that was good for him that tasted good too! Thought I'd just post this rather than IM it so other's could have the recipe!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #12  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Valerie- what a bummer about the job! I hate looking for a job- that's why, as much as I complain about my job I don't find another one it's too much of a hastle and in the end doesn't most work blow a little? Good luck!

Melissia- good to hear that you are taking care of yourself. It probably won't turn out to be anything, but it's better safe than sorry. (I went through a round of chemo about a year ago- and it's not fun). It's also good to know that as we lose weight we may notice such changes!

Amy- thinking short term is why I have failed every other time I've tried to lose weight. this is the first time that i'm rewarding myself and truly feeling good about the small steps along the way. I guess that's why I don't feel like i will fail this time.

Ammi- The last I heard was the same about Zelma, that she was having a colonscopy, and then I didn't know what had happend since. I hope she's doing well.

End of another good OP day! I did my kickboxing workout (60 minutes). Getting ready to eat a little bit of dinner and do some reading for school and then it's to bed- another day of work starts at 5:30a!! Goodnight ladies!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #13  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Yep... I'm still here. Just REALLY busy lately. Not really doing anything exciting, just taking up a lot of the day.

People were right about their answers. Thank you for answering people's queries for me. I only just read them and felt bad that I hadn't been keeping people up to date with what was going on in my life. I find the time to read on here (mostly when I am having my breakfast or afternoon snack) and always think "I MUST say something about that", but then run out of time and have to dash off to do something.

Actually, the last two afternoons I have just been dashing off to have a nap. I was a little disappointed about that at first, as it could mean that my B12 is low again, but I had the tests the other day to see if there was something medically wrong that was causing me to not absorb B12, and they came back clear. So, if I am low, there may be some simple reason and I may just have to have injections to correct it. I'm going for a blood test today to see what the levels are like, so I'll have an idea of where to head from there.

I have been thinking that there could be totally normal reasons for me needing naps the last two afternoons. For one, I have been quite busy since the holidays started, and also I am usually very tired for the first week of the holidays. I think it is just recovering from a hectic end to the school term. So, I won't panic too much until I see the results of today's blood tests.

The last few days have been lovely, but (as I said) hectic. Saturday was the first day of our two week mid-term break. I started with a 30 min walk with hubby, then a podiatrist appointment, then shopping (in 2 different malls), then home for lunch, then out to drop a present in to one of my students at her birthday party. I had been invited to the party, but it was at a skating rink and I didn't think I was quite ready for skating yet. I spend too much time on my butt. We also had to head into the city, so I was just doing a fly-by visit. We went for another 30 min walk in the city, then wandered around shopping. We got home in the late afternoon.

Sunday we got up at 5:30 to get to the markets nice and early. After dropping off all of our lovely fruit and vegetables, we headed off to the Royal Show. This is like a huge fair, with rides, sideshows, performances, showbags, lots of food and heaps of special displays. I haven't been for SO long, as I could never fit through the turnstiles and had to use the gate for prams. I enjoy going just to look at the displays and figured that we would only be there for a couple of hours. Well, 5 hours later we left. There was just SO much to look at. It was very busy, but we coped. We caught the train there and home again, with a stop in the city for hubby to check out something in the camera store. When we got home I had a nap as I was very tired from all that walking around.

Yesterday we got up at 5:30 again so we could head into the city where we have a huge green space called Kings Park. We wanted to take some photos of wildflowers and wanted to get there before there were lots of people in the way of the photos. We also planned a nice long walk afterwards. When we got there we saw signs for a Wildflower Festival, so we took photos for an hour and a half, then walked around the festival for another hour and a half, THEN we still went for a walk. We only walked for 70 mins, instead of the couple of hours that I was hoping for, because my bladder didn't want to cooperate and I didn't know where to find a public bathroom. Once again, I had a nap in the afternoon as I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I think most of the problem there is that I did quite a bit of walking again and the sun got to me a little bit I think. Actually, that could have been the problem both days. We have had the most beautiful weather (finally) lately. Only sitting around 75F, but that is quite a change from the wet, dreary weather we have had lately. It is damp again today, but at least I got my sunshine over the last couple of days.

Anyway, I was finally able to sleep in today and I STILL woke up at 5:40. Obviously my body doesn't realise that I am on holidays! Oh well, it gave me time to get 40 mins on the exercise bike and still get on here and actually write something. Being on holidays I am hoping to have a lot more time on here. Mind you, I also have to get a lot of preparation done for next term. We only have a short 4th term, of 8 weeks. That is VERY short for us. Then we get 7 weeks holiday. I have decided to cover endangered animals for 4 weeks and Christmas (including Christmas Around The World) for 4 weeks. I have heaps of stuff on Christmas, but not a lot on endangered animals. I have been spending a lot of time on the Internet looking for stuff for that theme and I've found heaps, but it is taking up a lot of my time. I just want to get most of the work done this week, while hubby is working, so I can have lots of free time with him when he is off as well next week.

I am hoping that the weather will clear up soon so I can walk to the hospital for the blood test. I think it is only a 20 minute walk to the hospital, but that will give me another 40 mins to add to my exercise minutes, which will be good.

I also want to make a couple of batches of date scones today, and that takes a bit of time to prepare.

I have already done one load of washing and I think I only have one more to do today, but you never know what I may find. I also have LOTS of tidying up and cleaning to do, as they seem to go by the wayside during the rush of the end of term.

Well, that is about it from me I think. I am sure I will think of heaps later, but I have to go and get dishes done, then see if the weather is OK for going out. Otherwise I'll have to wait until hubby brings the car back this afternoon to go and get the blood test done. I just feel like a walk.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #14  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Wow... that was quite the novel! Sorry about that folks. I think I tend to write a 'little' too much, but I just don't know how to abbreviate. Oops...

If you managed to read through all of that, you deserve a medal!

Zelma
Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #15  
Releasing the inner hiker

Hello all,

Just a quick fly-by hello. Ammi, the fat arm story made me laugh and laugh.

Went to the doctors...will have to see what the results of the tests will be. He is thinking I have a parasite (ICK) or a bacterial infection that I picked up from one of the many 15yr olds I teach.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I do so much better being OP during the week. Tomorrow is WI day, so I'm hoping to finally see 285, a 30lb loss in 3 months.
Closed Thread