Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #16  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Well, I wasnt able to work out after work today. I forgot my workout clothes at home and my sister said she'd bring them to me but never did. I am kind of upset about that. If you say you are going to do something you should do it, and if you cant you should at least call and say "Hey, sorry something came up and I'm not going to be able to make it". She still hasnt called me, even since I got home this evening. Her hubby came down and gave me his old vaccuum (SCORE!) so she knows I'm home.

I know its not her fault that I didnt get to work out. I could've come home and changed and went back to Curves, but its like 5 miles out of my way and I just didnt want to. Besides, I need to make my mom's b-day card and get it mailed out so she'll have it by Saturday. I guess I'll work out Saturday morning to make my 5x this week. I do not want to fail the weekly challenge again.

Oh, and I just realized that because I didnt work out I wont have enough points leftover for ice cream tonight. I earn 3 points for working out at Curves and I always use that for an ice cream bar. Geez, I sound like such a baby--"I want my ice cream, waaah".

Hmph.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Amy -- We all want to whine from time to time. That's what this place is great for.

Newsnerd -- I totally get the 'don't notice a difference' bit, and the related 'lost a ton and I'm still fat' issue.

If what you're doing is working for you, keep doing it. Commit to this process, and it will work... But there will be ups and downs along the way. Sometimes on the same day!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 329.6/322.8/120

Height: 5

Hi everyone! Well, I broke my record. Couldn't exercise today. Spent too much time in the bathroom and couldn't be late for work. Sigh...well...tomorrow is another day.

Hope everyone's day went better.

Vicky
Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone!! We made it through Wednesday (well for some of you I suppose you are already into Thursday.)

Newsnerd hang in there... those are the times it gets hard, when we have those "give up" feelings!

Violet, yes I have heard of Overeaters Anonymous... let me know if you join and like it. I really am going to like mine... oops I just remembered we have a small Bible study we are supposed to do every day; short enough that it is very "do-able" but enough to keep us in the Word and focused. I had better not miss doing it the first day!

Oh! This is fantastic news! I have been talking about a cruise when I hit my target weight as a reward but really could not afford it. So my friend in Fort Lauderdale invited me down for a visit. Well.... I decided to check some shorter cruises AND I found one out of Miami for four nights -- going to Key West and Cozumel Mexico -- for $386 TOTAL even with me paying for the whole cabin as a single person! WOW! So I booked it. Only thing is it is in Feb (for cheaper rates) and I won't make my goal by then... but this means I really have to get in gear and work my butt off! Especially after THIS week when I GAINED five and still have two of them I have not lost again... sheesh what a bum deal. My ticker is going to need some WD-40 to make it move; it has sat there so long in one spot!!! BUT all those crop pants that are too small now but will be too big by next summer should be great for the cruise! So I will have the cruise AND a few days with my best Bud in SoFla! Can't WAIT!!

Have a great rest of the week, everyone... and don't give up!!!! You can do it!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:37 AM   #20  

Hi Ladies - Just checking in! I've been OP lately...going for a walk with John tonight...got a little one (16 minutes) yesterday as well. Hopefully with my walking I will FINALLY get a loss on my 'big' week 20 weigh-in next Tuesday!! Hope everyone is doing well!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 09-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

I have been watching TV this evening after cooking dinner and eating dinner. Just veggin and being lazy. Well, the biggest Looser was on and I Tivoed it and just got finished watching it. Thank God it really inspired me to get off my big ole butt and ride my bike, not to skip a day. I was so amazed at how quickly my 2 miles went. I'm prety sure I will be ready to up it soon. [/SIZE]

Ammi: Thanks for your kind words about the job. I really feel the same way. For over 15 years I was an Administrative Assistant and have tons of computer skills with Microsoft Programs but the self esteem isn't there and I know it is all about my weight. Thank you for helping me to see that about me. I feel like this will be a good step in the "job force door" I can earn some extra money for our household and pay off bills. We are doing so well but with Christmas coming up I would like to not slip back into using our credit cards again. It seems like every year we say we won't and then we do. UGH! Hopefully this year we will have extra cash. Joel is supposed to be having his review in about a week at work with a promised raise. That will be so helpful with the new house and things we want to do to it. You be good to yourself now and keep those crunches down to a min. amt. at one time.

Brenda: I have a friend who suffers from sleep apnea too and it was a struggle for him the first week or so getting used to the machine but then once he was used to it he is doing so much better. I truly hope it is as much a help for you as it was for him.

Ladyhawke: Back. Post when you can.

Amy: Whaaa! I'm with you on wanting something that I can't have. Good for you for not eating it though without the points I was just telling my hubby tonight that I wish I could eat some frosting I think it is because of TOM that I am wanting some Whaaa! lol

Misit: Sounds like a nice fun vacation. I want to go on a cruise too but I won't until I can at least be sure I can fit into chairs etc.

Mellisa: I'm sure the will be good to you real soon.

Blessings all. I'm off to take a shower and then to bed. Hope everyone's day tomorrow is a wonderful OP Day. I find the more water I drink the less hungry I really am. Wow. lol. Too bad I don't think of that more often.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:39 AM   #22  

Just popping in quickly to say I did get in my walk - 27 minutes! Not bad.

Melissa
Old 09-28-2006, 04:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Misti, ANOTHER cruise, lol! I hope you lose the weight you want in time, I'm sure you'll look gorgeous enough to be at the captain's table anyway. xxxx
Wyllen your words are so wise, it's great to know even sucessful people struggle sometimes, it helps those of us (me!!!) who struggle quite a lot!xxxx
Ammi, you be careful with those crunches, I have no surgeries but WOW 10 mins of various tummy exercises made me feel like I'd been punched several times by Tyson! We don't want you making yourself ill, especially as you're doing SO WELL!!!!!xxxx
Violet, I'm with you on people saying they'll do something then letting you down, I REALLY hate it!!! As you said why not ring & say 'sorry I can't fetch your stuff'(etc) at least you'd have the choice of sorting it out yourself or not. When you said your cat wasn't DE-CLAWED is that common practice in the US? Here in the UK cats are left as they are, apart from neutering, it seems cruel to me, like 'de-barking' a dog, hey you don't choose an animal as a pet to alter the very thing which makes them the animal they are. Sorry for the rant, lol. xxxxx
I forgot what else I wanted to say, but here's two STUPID things which happened on Wednesday, didn't know whether to laugh or cry! #1 I bought some more size 18 jeans, they looked pretty good (for me, lol) I took the labels off & wore them later, after 30 mins they were so loose they almost fell down!!! THERE IS NO WAY I'M IN A SIZE 16!!!!!! I know as my other, old, 18s are too tight at the moment. I had to return them for a 16, I told the lady on the phone I would love to be a 16, but til I lose another 30lbs or so it is not going to happen!! #2 Hubby called in at the shop for some veg & stuff-dark choccy for me (I have 4 squares each day if I REALLY want choccy ) he came home with a big box of chocolates 'For you!' GRRRR as well as being TOTALLY OP there were labels on the box saying 'reduced', somewhat spoiled the effect, eh! He said 'Well they ARE dark chocolate' I had a knife in my hand prepping veg and the thought of sticking it in his silly head crossed my mind, only momentarily though, who wants to go to prison over a box of chocolates? lol!!!!
More good news though, I am finally at my ticker weight!!! All that staying OP & exercise WORKS (doh ) If I lose another 2lbs I will be the LIGHTEST I'VE BEEN IN 6-7 YEARS!!!!So I'm feeling much happier, even though I have a dolt for a husband!
xxsharon
Old 09-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #24  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies.. I have been so busy with family and school and haven't had much time to post here. I hope you ladies are doing well! Have a great day!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #25  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I had my procedure yesterday. Gastroscopy (endoscopy?) AND colonoscopy. People had warned me that the prep was the worst of the lot, but I actually didn't find it too bad. I didn't really even mind the day where I had to eat just white stuff. No fruit and veg. THAT was the hardest part. I REALLY didn't like the day before the procedure when I couldn't eat ANYTHING. Just fluids. I honestly couldn't face any extra fluid yesterday, even though I knew I was probably dehydrated.

I was also not impressed that the preparation didn't work! Well, it kinda worked, a little, but not properly. I think that was because I was dehydrated. I drank SO much on Tuesday - definitely more than they said I had to. But the more I drank, the more I went to the toilet, and I am sure I was putting out just as much as I was taking in. (Thank you for sharing Zelma) I weighed myself a couple of times during the day, because my scales measure body fat and hydration. As the day wore on, and I drank MORE, my hydration level kept lowering. There wasn't anything I could do about it. But, when it was time to take the powders and 'clear myself out', there just wasn't any liquid there to make it all work.

Oh... and just a hint, for anyone else who has to have this done. When you drink the powdered mixture, use straws. Someone gave me that hint and it made SUCH a difference. If you place the straws far enough back then you don't really taste the mixture, which I have heard is disgusting.

Anyway, when I got to hospital they had to do TWO enemas. Yep, you read that right! One didn't do the trick, so I had the pleasure of TWO!!!! I'm sure that you all didn't really need me to share that with you, but I figure that if I had to endure it then other people can hear about it!

Oh... and by the way... THANK GOODNESS FOR ANESTHETIC! YIPPEE!!! After poking around to put the needle in the back of my hand (veins kept collapsing on the poor nurse) and putting the 'stuff' in, which HURT, I don't really remember anything else until I was chatting to the nurses after it all. I had been told that you are awake, but not really with it. NOT ME! I zonked! It was pretty good really. I didn't even realise that it was all finished.

I got my delicious sandwiches and apple juice afterwards, then I had to wait a little longer as my blood pressure had dropped a little too far, so they wanted to keep giving me something to drink to raise it a little. Once again, that hydration problem. I got two cups of tea and some crackers and some cookies. I didn't turn ANY food down after not eating anything for a day and a half.

The results are all clear so far. They took a few biopsies from the gastroscopy, which people have said is just something they always do, but other than that, everything was clear. So, no signs of anything that could be stopping me absorbing B12. I get that tested again this weekend, so maybe it is back to normal. Otherwise it may just mean I have to have regular shots. Don't really know.

Anyway. That was a pretty lengthy post, but I just wanted to share. Apologies to anybody trying to eat breakfast or whatever while they read through my 'fun' day.

One more day before I have a two-week break. Tomorrow we start the day with an assembly, then I am making nachos for the kids because we completed our walk across Mexico. We have to decide on our next country. We were working out how to make the healthiest icecream sundaes today. Low-fat icecream, lots of fruit, maybe some little marshmallows. We'll have to see. We figured that we would be finishing that target around the end of our school year, so it would be very hot and sundaes would be lovely. We may cheat a little and just walk across a REALLY cold country, as we can't think of anywhere that has an icecream sundae as a national food.

Well, I have really blabbed on a lot here. Oops... NOW I get diarrhea!!!! But it is the 'verbal' kind instead of the kind I needed before my colonoscopy. Oh dear... hope nobody was snacking again.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 09-28-2006, 08:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Hello there everyone! Thinthinker invited me over from another board. My name is Amanda. I'm 24 and live in Lawrence, Kansas (home of the Jayhawks). I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I'm told you're super inspirational and over the past couple of days, I've needed that. Thanks for inviting me!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello, from the UK, yes Thin is right, everyone here is really friendly & helpful, we support each other through good & bad, losses & gains. Just jump right in, tell us about yourself, your eating plan a bit about you, anything you like, really.
xxxsharon
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Thursday already, boy this week has gone fast, before we know it Christmas will be here I have had a pretty quiet day today. Exercised to Disco Sweat this morning, and even managed a few crunches as my abs are so much better now. I can still feel that I worked them, but not the terrible pain of the last day or so, phew!! I only did 20 of them though, the rest of the time I did my own leg work out

Brenda – great news all around for you then Hubby has the ‘snip’ on Friday, your stove is being delivered today, you don’t have to worry about working with crazy lady, AND you have your CPAP machine Did you get the thing hooked up and did you get a good night’s sleep with it last night?

Apple picking, wow I haven’t done that since I was a little girl. I used to go with mum and dad to the orchards and would have a wonderful time picking the fruit. I hope you will have a lovely time and I look forward to seeing the photos.

Lady_Hawke – hi and back. Most people when they have an absence from the board come back having either not dieted and gained weight, or just not been dieting but maintained the weight. Look at you though, you come back and you’ve been losing losing losing That’s great. You will have to make yourself a ticker so you can show off how many lbs you have lost so far. Oh I know we can see it in your signature line, but you should make it big and bold

Amy – sorry you didn’t get to work out, and sorry that your sister didn’t even ring to let you know that she wouldn’t be able to bring you your work out clothes. Is she a big lady herself, or is she slim but worried that when you get to be slim too she will be jealous of you? Just wondering if it was a bit of sabotage that she said she would bring your clothes to you, yet didn’t even ring to say she couldn’t?

I take it you are doing WW as you said you normally earn 3 points at Curves which you use for an icecream? Can’t you use your flex points for the icecream instead, at least occasionally? I don’t often use my flex points, but on the odd day when I go over my limit by one or two, then I don’t feel guilty because I know those flex points cover it

Vicki – aww sorry that you broke your record with the exercising Needs must and all that though, and you needed to get to work, so try not to feel too badly about it.

Sue – I am GREEN with envy, you are going to go on another cruise, and to such beautiful destinations too. I know you won’t officially be at goal, but what a wonderful reward to give yourself for nearly being there If money was no object I think my ultimate reward would be a trip to the US so I could come and visit all of you who have helped me on my weight loss journey. I know I couldn’t have done it without all the support from you and the others As money does factor in it though, I am not sure yet what my reward will be, other than of course the thrill of being thin

If the FFM comes to visit me on Monday and she still hasn’t taken some more lbs from you by then, I will send her back with a can of WD 40. she can use that with the can you buy, and those lbs should come whizzing off then

Missy – keeping my that you will see a great loss on your 20 Week WI. What would you like to see, 5 lbs or more?

Great badges on Pogo this week. I love Dice City Roller, so am doing that badge first

Annie – oh my goodness, if I am the queen of the Gazelle Rider, you are the queen of the exercise bike!! One minute you can barely do one mile, now you are doing 2, and are already thinking of doing 2 twice a day – awesome. Hubby has NO chance of winning that bet, you are one determined, motivated lady

I am the same as you when it comes to Christmas. I always say no credit card this year, I will only spend what cash I have. But to do that I would have to do all my shopping on Christmas Eve so I would know exactly how much money I have for each of the kids etc, so we always say, well ok, let’s use the card and pay it back when the bill comes. Only we never have been able to. THIS YEAR though. I am determined to only use cash, and each time I have cash spare starting from now, I will spend it on a gift or two so that there will be no need for last minute shopping. Now to figure out just what to buy lol.

I really hope you get that job, then you can stop worrying about the money and start looking forward to Christmas, and being able to decorate your new place, especially getting some pretty outdoor lights

Sharon – it’s ok, I am being careful with doing those crunches. Always in the back of my mind I worry about getting a hernia, so I will never push myself too far

How weird about those jeans, are they a brand that you normally buy? I know you are still in 18s in your jeans at home, but it does sound good doesn’t it to know you had to take some 18s back and get some 16s instead

Brilliant news on you being at your ticker weight now I reckon by the time you have your official WI you will be that next 2 lbs lighter that takes you to lightest you have been in 6-7 years. It’s wonderful when you have a milestone like that to look forward too. It really inspires you to keep on track doesn’t it.

Ok let me at your hubby, though I don’t know whether to clout him or hug him for getting you those chocolates I mean reduced in price or not, it was a lovely gesture on his behalf, but not so lovely when he knows you are dieting and doing so well at it too Oh well, he’s a man, what can you expect The other day after Daren and I talking about being careful with our money, we didn’t have much of anything in the house to eat. But enough to throw together some sort of concoction. Anyway, Daren says, come on let’s order a Chinese Take Away!! HELLO, I am dieting, and we are trying to stick to a budget. MEN

Kenya – every time I look at your ticker I am sure I see weight loss. You rarely come on here and shout it from the roof tops and I reckon you should 111 lbs lost, that is fantastic, you should be so proud of yourself

Zelma – I have never ever heard of anybody that those sachets of laxative didn’t work on. They could move mountains, but obviously not Zelma mountains I don’t remember drinking very much when I had to do the clear out, not even on the day that I couldn’t eat, yet I had no problems with the bowel evac! Of course I had UC, so after the initial fluid clear out, I always had plenty of blood to move, oops and you thought you gave too much info Also before I took the sachet stuff, which by the way I liked, it was like lemon sherbet , but before I took it I had to drink a WHOLE bottle of Senokot laxative. Yep, prescribed to me along with the sachet stuff. Maybe that AND the sachets is what moves mountains Anyway, I am sorry you had to have 2 enemas, but very pleased that your sedation was so good that you didn’t know anything about the examination and just woke up ready to EAT Great news too that so far there doesn’t seem to be an obvious reason you aren’t absorbing your B-12. Ok it sucks that you might need shots for the rest of your days, but far better that than having something terribly wrong with you

Amanda – hello and lovely to have you hear. Yep this place is the best place to be when you are looking for encouragement, a shoulder to cry on, somebody to cheer for you when you lose weight or have a non scale victory. You are going to love it here. Please do tell us more about yourself, what diet you’re on, how much you want to lose, what life is like in Kansas and all that kind of stuff

Ok it’s exercise time now, so take care all, and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Default Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome ladies! A little bit about me: I've been overweight for most of my life. . . mom says it started about the time I was 8-10 years old, but it's been longer than that. I honestly have never known what it was like to be a "normal" weight (if there is such a thing). I have tried losing weight before with weight watchers, gym memberships and on my own but nothing has ever worked. Right now, I am going to Metabolic Research Center here in town and loving it. The ladies who work there are so supportive and have all been where I am today. I have lost 14 pounds since September 2nd and I'm going back to weigh in this afternoon when I get off work.

What prompted the push for weight loss this time was kind of an accident. I have esophagitis and ended up in the Emergency Room on August 21st with severe abdominal pain. Of course, they took blood and did blood tests and I had to go back to the doctor a few days later to follow up. My Primary Doctor ordered more lab work and called me a few days later to tell me that my A1C was 7.2 and I had Type II Diabetes. That shook me to the core. I watched two grandparents die with diabetes and both of my parents have it right now. I thought to myself, "24 is far to young to start this fight, so I'm really going to do something about it." I haven't had a drop of caffeine, soda, artificial sugar or salt since that day. I'm down to only drinking water and sometimes adding Crystal Light powder to give it a little kick, which is something I never would have considered before. I was definitely a Coca-Cola girl and you know, life is better without it.

Ultimately, I would like to lose about half of my weight, which would put me around 150lbs. I know that's still overweight for my height, but I'll pick my battles as they come. If I could get down to 150, I would be happy. I'm also hoping that as I go through this process, my family will take note and do something about their health as well. It's hard doing this by myself in the physical sense, but I know that everyone here will be around for emotional support when I need it.

Other random tidbits about me: I am a licensed life and health insurance agent here in Kansas and work for the largest life insurance company in the country. I have two sisters. One is 20 and the other is 30. The 30 year-old is married with an 11 month old son that I adore. I'm single at the moment but working toward building a relationship from the ground up. I've always known that friends first was a better idea than jumping into a relationship full-force, but haven't gotten the chance to go that route until now. I live on my own and have been out of my parents house since I was 18. I'm taking classes part time at Washburn University in Topeka, KS toward my bachelor's degree in Technology Administration. Right now, I have an associates degree from Johnson County Community College in General Studies.

Well, now that I've writen a book, that's about all I can think of to share. Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to know. Again, thanks for welcoming me. I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #30  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

HI all! Welcome MANDA! Welcome BACK, LADY HAWKE!

Just a quicky this a.m. cuz I have company coming for lunch and still have to shop & clean. I just wanted let you know I haven't heard anything on the interview yet. I think I overthought the test part and they picked someone else. Oh well, I wanted full time anyway and have other irons in the fire.

DOGPAL - I hope that job you mentioned works out for you. I've talked to you too, and know how very bright and personable you are. I'd certainly hire you in a heartbeat!!

I've been very strictly OP, right down to exercise & vitamins (except the ones in the friedge that I occasionally forget.) I'm giving this 6 Week Challenge thing my very best effort!

to those of you who are struggling. Like the rest of us, I've been there too!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and if it burns out, well try really hard to help you get a new bulb screwed in right away! Just never give up - take a break perhaps, but NEVER give up!
Closed Thread