Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #31  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Misti- how exciting to be below your DL weight!! I think mine is 230 pounds?? It’s not written on TX DL thank goodness, so I’m not sure. Congrats!

PPP- I haven’t been to Disney World in so long…how exciting!! I would like to go, but I want to wait until I’ve lost more weight, I love rides, but at my current weight I’m too scared to get on them (afraid I won’t fit and will be embarrassed of even worse do seem to fit but in the end didn’t really and safety breaks on me). Am I a scared-y cat or what?

Katt- your home made subway sound so good- I think I’m hungry now!! how wonderful you must feel to be in smaller clothes, and faster than you expected!

Melissa- 34 pounds in 3 months isn’t bad for anyone!! That’s awesome. And of course your seeing it- woohoo, size 24 pants!! I can’t wait to say the same thing!

Sharon- I do the same thing- I mess up and gain weight, let it get me down, and then I pig out!! Doesn’t really do any good, does it? Thanks for the compliment, I have to say when I look at the pics on here I think everyone is just so beautiful- maybe that’s why we all can say we’ve had those moments where we are okay with being fat- because we aren’t bad looking at all are we? But our health is what matters!!

Zelma- you are right- if I don’t get some rest I’ll fail the test anyway. I’m slow at work today so I brought my school work with me and I will work on it here to try and get caught up. You know- I wasn’t aware that eating a variety of foods effects your metabolism, I guess I always thought if it’s healthy I can eat it everyday and it won’t matter, is that not true? How cool to be doing so many things to help others be inspired to lose weight- it’s seeing people who’ve done it like you that keeps people like me trying (and it’s great to get paid too )

Ayanna- I hope everything is going well. Was the funeral ok? I have such a hard time with the formal part of grief—I get all awkward at funerals and just want them to be over, and then I feel so guilty, like I’m being disrespectful. I just am not good in those situations. how great that you still lost weight despite the stress your dealing with. GOOD JOB!

[I]Well, I'm at work, so I guess I should try and be productive. It's one of those days that is just slow enough for you to resent the fact you had to come in...but it's a good chance to get organized and also to do schoolwork [/
Old 09-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #32  

Hello all!

Melissa – hope you get over that cold eventually! It really is hanging in there! 34 lbs in 3 months AND fitting into smaller clothes! No doubt about it – you deserve a carrot!

Heather – TERRIFIC about the gym…Especially about you being excited about it! My biggest problem at the moment is getting enough exercise!

Sandy- You had KFC on you LAP and didn't pick! Now THAT is an NSV to brag about! I'm sorry to hear about the clot. At least it isn't keeping you totally bed-bound, which can happen. Back in the olden days (21 years ago) when I had mine, they stuck me in the hospital on bed rest for over a WEEK! I'm sure it'll resolve itself and you can get back to business – until then you do what your doctor says! They are nothing to play with.

Kenya- 110 lbs! WTG! Seems like every time I look at your slider it moved to the right!

Nancy! Hope you had fun at the fair! You know, wooden practice swords can often be found reasonable cheap, but usually not at renfairs. I can probably point you to some decent ones on-line if you like (or at least my DH can).

Brenda – Sounds like a good kind of sore from using your muscles! Hope you feel better today!

Kim-I've always thought you were so cute from your avatar picture. Love the dimples! Your man sounds incredibly sweet! I'm glad you found your motivation-way younger than me I suspect! Did you say you do 20 minutes on an elliptical??? I'm lucky to get 10 in! Very good!

Misti – Bravo on another pound down!

Luan – Loved your post – the "he loves me" was SO cute! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Katt – WTG! I am AWFUL in social situations – parties, etc. are my BIG downfall…thank God I don't go to many! I have a family reunion this Sunday and I know that's going to be rough on the old diet…My family is not know for it's attention to saturated fats! But I've saved 30 flex points…so I should be okay! Oh- and a big BRAVO on the clothes fitting!

Sharon – yes, you are completely right, I should learn to take a compliment.

Zelma-Thank you so much for the nice compliment. (See Sharon – I just said thank you! ) I cannot believe the contest gave you diet pills! How lame is that! I suppose if it was a sports competition they'd hand out steroids! I think it's so wonderful that you've become so well known. The world does need to see what a proper diet and exercise can do – without resorting to pills and surgery!

Ayanna - :clap: for 2 more pounds down!

Is that everyone since I posted last? I think so! Patti and Ammi and Jilly and Amy and Kaylee and – you know there are too many ladies here to keep track of anymore! Oh – Valerie! Can't forget Valerie! Too many - I give up! Hello to everyone!

I'm wasting valuable office time here – but don't really care. I'm in doing some backlog and DH is sleeping. It's so wrong for me to be mad at him for staying up nights and sleeping days when he isn't working…but I do it anyway. Just seems so unfair.

Must run! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lilion -- Just saw your pictures and I think you're looking great! I see a waist!!!! WooHoo!

BUT, I know what you mean about picking faults with ourselves. I took a picture of myself in my own size 18 black dress (though I was about 225 or so at the time) -- and was both pleased and unhappy at the same time. Pleased because I could absolutely see how far I'd come, but unhappy because I could see that I wasn't really close to where I wanted to be. I think that's normal! Those pics might still be around here somewhere, I think I posted them back in April...
Old 09-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #34  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody! Just got back from my time in the pool and water aerobics. LOL I went over in the corner of the pool and did my own thing, as they just were not strenuous enough for me. When I got out I commented to the instructor that there was nothing "wrong" etc., that I am just used to something a lot more strenuous. He said "everybody is telling me they aren't hard enough" so obviously it was not just me. I did hear a couple other people telling him they needed it to be harder. But I got the best I could out of it and I do enjoy being in the water.

LOL there were several women there fatter than I am. AND with bigger boobs. It does make me feel better not to be the fattest person there when I go places. There was one very thin woman I was talking to and she said she had lost 200 pounds (!!!!) by eating right and doing water aerobics. Wow!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #35  

Hey Ladies - I posted some pics on the Pictures Page! Feel free to look and comment. I gave them a short description there so no need to here. Does anyone notice a size difference from a month ago? I mentioned which pictures are from when.

Melissa
Old 09-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #36  

Love the pix, Melissa... yes I can see a difference, especially where your waist and hips are taking on more "girly" shape... good job!

Lilion, you look fab too! Thanks for sharing, both of you!
Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 PM   #37  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Melissa- your pics are great! I especially love the second one!! I can't believe the change in just one month- you are really shaping up- as misit said, taking on a more girly shape !!

I'm getting ready for bed- exctied to say that now that nutrisystem food is here, I'm not even struggling- I hope that once I get down I won't be overly dependent on the food- but I've got a lot of time before that right?

I'm finally going to be off tomorrow, and I'm very excited. i plan to sleep until 9- hit the gym at 10 and do laundry and homework the rest of the day. I also have off on monday- so if I get most the work out of the way tomorrow I'm hoping to really rest monday.

Talk to everyone in the morning!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #38  

Well okay I know this is awful of me but it is true. But when I go to my water aerobics classes I can't help but notice that a lot of the women there are fatter than I am... and some even have bigger boobs! One woman today was very large and had on such a light colored swimsuit that I really wondered if it was going to be see-through! I guess it wasn't but it sure did make her look even bigger.

In the locker room I saw a woman changing and her boobs WERE indeed every bit as big or bigger than mine. NO WAY I would put mine on public display, I admit.

I honestly don't mean to be unkind... it is just that for SO long I was always the fattest person -- or at least certainly had the biggest awful boobs -- there. And even though I am still fat, I am still enjoying being not nearly as fat as before. Especially since I carry most all my weight in my top half so really look heavier than I am. Except for my little skinny legs, which also show off more in swim outfit LOL.

The aerobics class is certainly not very strenuous though... several people told the instructor it needs to be harder. I was over in the deepest corner and just kind of broke away and did my own thing so I could get more of a workout.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:48 PM   #39  
Michigan Old-Timer

STOP,
don't post here.

Follow us over to #1015.
Closed Thread