Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#1013

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

It's official lol, small things really do please small minds Mine in particular Today it is really really windy and I am tickled pink because all my washing is drying outside in double quick time. I'm getting old lol, how could fast drying washing please me so much LOL.

Missy - glad you think the badges are rubbish too. QQ is sooooo boring I am not even going to try for that one. Might do the bowling one after I have done my personal badge, which is First Class Solitaire. WOW didn't they only just introduce ranks to Jungle Gin? You are already nearing 10, that's brilliant. What do you think of the new look?

Katt - what do you think you will do, wait for the auction to try to get that particular house, or go for the other one you all liked that isn't selling by auction. Had to laugh about your ex sending you to a car auction and you coming back with the wrong thing. Was he really annoyed at you, or did he see the funny side?

Glad you got your prescription filled. I don't take Prozac, but the ADs I take I have to have one in the morning and one at night. They don't make me tired or anything, so it's ok taking them in the day.

I totally agree with you on having photos taken is a success each time because of never wanting them taken before. I am exactly the same. If I am in a photo with other people, especially the kids, I will always hide behind them and I rarely got my pic taken by myself before I started this diet. Now though I want to make sure I have plenty of progress pics, so every time the camera is out, I'm there in front of it. I love the one you use as you avatar, how great that when you were over here your friends paid for it. Had to laugh at hubby getting an early call though asking if you could buy the other ones you liked I think it's a great idea that you have those kind of pics done professionally again when you have lost more weight. I think I might do that too. I haven't gone any nice pics of me and the family and what better reward to myself for getting to goal than getting some done by the proffessionals, PLUS they aren't too expensive either. Thanks for the idea

How thick were the bar men in the pubs you went to over here LOL. I don't think many people would be asking for a bear in a pub Though I guess they were just winding you up. I LOVE the NZ accent, though don't shoot me, but I sometimes get South African and NZ mixed up, ooops

Patti - how cute that you called your cat Slopoke, it sounds like he is anything BUT slow with the way he knocks everything over. LOL about him and your tree, if he goes for it this year you will have to capture him on camera so I can see

I forget your hubby works away, and there I was nagging you to ask hubby about the bird pics. Sorry I will be patient I promise

Jen - we sometimes get to see your version of the Biggest Loser, but I have never seen the selection process. Is that a new thing this year, or do they just not show that particular part over here I wonder? I can't help but watch the show, and love to see the WIs, but I must admit I do think it's dangerous unrealistic dieting.

So glad you had a loss on the scale, your plateau has been broken and hopefully next time you weigh you will see a bigger loss

Luan - just think, if you didn't get weighed on such good scales that can pick up a .4 gain, you would just think you stayed the same weight. I would forget the gain, especially as you said it's due to TOM.

Good for you for still riding your bike despite the smoke in the air. That must be a pretty mean fire I HATE FIRES, it's one of the reasons I left where I lived in Australia. Too many bushfires.

Newsnerd - you are going to have to put some photos on here of your doggies, I bet Charlie and Bettie look so cute together My ex had a surprise when he got home from work yesterday, one of his dogs had 8 puppies and he didn't even realise she was pregnant!! When he sent Beth a message with the news she was over the moon and is itching for the weekend when she can go see them. You watch, it will be MUM, I want a puppy when she comes home

Ouch about the cost of repairing the truck, but like you said it could have been much worse. It's never nice having to rob Peter to pay Paul as the saying goes, I have had to do that quite a lot. It all comes good in the end though, and I hope the same will happen for you. I am sure you aren't happy having to make a smaller house payment

Valerie - ok let me at him, let me at your hubby to give him a kick in the butt Firstly for all the times he has upset you! But also for not even setting diet goals, just deciding to lose weight and off it comes MEN!!!!

Wow that sucks how you were treated so badly when you went for the BC pill once. You are right that there is no way the people there should have used their position to punish somebody with a different belief to what they have. WRONG!!!!

Oh, did I miss something? Didn't you get the job you applied for recently? It's just you mentioned an interview for another job on Friday.

Zelma - That email from your uncle was the best, short, sweet and spot on. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I was really moved when I heard about the emails from people you have received that are asking for your help with weight loss. I think you have just become Aussie's Richard Simmons Seriously I think it's wonderful that you are going to write back to them all. Don't forget to tell them about 3FC, as you know, they will get loads of support and encouragement here too. It could take the stress load from your shoulders too. I joked about you needing a secretary, but over 100 emails now....maybe it's not so funny!!!!

Great news about a talk back show on the radio too, wow, if you are doing all this stuff Zelma, who needs to win that slimming comp. Who won by the way, or aren't you allowed to say?

Oh I forgot about your up coming tests, I bet you wish you could forget!!! Well never mind, get them done and out of the way, and hopefully you will find out just what's up with your B12 mal absorption (is that a word LOL) Well I hope they find out what's wrong anyway

Sharon - I waited and waited to see if you were going to start this thread You didn't, and you haven't posted either so I am guessing you are having a busy day. Or a down day, and you just don't want to be botherd with the PC. I get days like that sometimes. Anyway, I hope you will be around later for a chat. I didn't get on to MSN yesterday because of having to take Beth to the doctors. Anyway I might catch you later.

Annie - you busy bee, I hope you are managing to read here even if you haven't got the energy to post yourself. How are you feeling today, I hope you aren't any worse

Nancy, Brenda, Lilion, Jill, Xena and anybody else I am too dull to remember right now hope you are having a great day and that you will post soon.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #3  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

AMMI, I went to an agency where they did all the testing and first interview, then he called back that afternoon to see if I was interested in the 15/hr a week job at a CPA. I really need full time, but it would have been a good way to get my foot back in the door to Payroll and Human Resources, so I said yes. The CPA is out of town now though, and in the meantime the agency called about a different job, closer to home, for more hours - 25 a week. I have an interview with that place on Friday. They were only offering a top pay of $10/hr, but after seeing my resume' said they would come up to the $11.50 I want. If I'm lucky I may even be starting work on Monday! I'm so rusty on my Payroll skills, I'd almost given up and decided to enter a whole new field. I have a friend whose wife works at a hospital and he keeps telling me how great I'd be in admissions. Once again, time will tell.

ZELMA, what a lovely note from your uncle! Is anything settling back into what could be called 'normal' at school? I bet the kids are beside themselves having a famous TV person as their teacher, and on top of that having the TV people even come talk to them! I don't know where you find the time - Teaching is certainly a full time job, then there's the interviews, the emails, your exercise (which I'm SURE your still getting in every day), your time with hubby (he's a gem!), doctor's appointments and other 'daily life' ... and then you still find time for us and others online. Do you sleep??? Do take care of yourself, but certainly enjoy the well earned glory!! Personally, I think they should have you host "Biggest Loser" instead of that annoying blond chickie that they have, but I suppose the weekly commute would be a killer.

I made a rare trip to "The Mustard Seed" yesterday, which is a large natural food store, complete with a very nice restaurant upstairs. I'm not a sushi eater normally, but they have some little sushi platters made up that are the bomb! Don't think fish; Think bright colored bits of veggies, rice, wrapped in green leaves (OK, probably seaweed) with sesame seeds, sliced ginger, and a spot of sweet or soy sauce. It's SO yummy, but I probably shouldn't have bought six of them. I'll be living on the stuff to be sure it doesn't spoil. I've already had one for breakfast since I'm not a huge fan of eggs and pancakes, toast, cereal & french toast aren't OP for me. I can't remember why ginger is so good for you, but I know that it is. Circulation, I think.

Off to the bank. They called this morning to tell me they'd apparently sent me someone else's bounced check, and I guess they want it back - HA! Then it's off to work out, and since the weather is DEVINE today, I'm making it a barn day. I don't know what I've been so busy with, but I'm almost never at the barn lately - and that's a BIG part of why I needed to come HOME!

Catch you tomorrow troupers... and troup-ets! Behave yourselves!!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ammi - I think it is a gift to be able to find joy in the little things, including the laundry. Very cool!

Zelma - Thanks for sharing that note from your uncle. That was really touching.

Newsnerd – You might consider calling your mortgage company and explaining. They can often be accommodating if you communicate with them.

Valerie – Isn’t it totally unfair how the FFF works? The other day I went into a sandwich place I used to go to all the time before my company moved offices last year. The owner was an overweigh guy, and when I went back last week I barely recognized him. He had lost 128 pounds in something like 6 months by eating a South Beach bar for breakfast, a chicken sandwich for lunch and two bowls of Special K for dinner. Totally unhealthy, but holy cow!

Sharon – How did the trip to the doctor’s go? I hope you were able to get a new prescription.

Jill – That is very cool that you are going to Atlanta. I lived there for 7 years and it is my favorite place I have lived. I am actually thinking I want to go back. Recently I have been wondering why I don’t just pack it all up and move back again.

Ally – Congratulations on getting into the 200’s!

I taped the biggest loser last night, so I will have to find some time to watch it soon. I finally had some scale movement this morning – down two pounds. I have been watching my food intake much more closely. The weight might not be coming off that fast, but my fitness is increasing quite a bit. Last night I was able to really hit it hard on the elliptical, and I couldn’t keep my heart rate at 140 even on hills at 50 rpm’s. I am now closer to 55-60 and except when I am doing the really high hill levels I am using the arms all the time. I also don’t walk out of there feeling totally beat.

Well I better actually do some work.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #5  

Ammi good that your laundry is drying quick i hate laundry takes up way too much time. finally i got on roll and mopped today so i am quite proud of myself for putting the game contoller down! yes Slopok is not slow at all the little devil! i will send pictures if i can !
Old 09-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #6  

Hey everybody.

Fell back into old habits the past couple of days and now I'm trying to get back on track.

Unfortunately, all I want to do is EAT. I had eggbeaters for b-fast and a Lean Cuisine at lunch. I could have eaten at least 4 more LC's.

I have resisted the urge so far, but that's only because we have no ready-to-eat food here and I'm too lazy to cook anything.

So, what do I do? Any suggestions (other than exercise)?

Thanks in advance,
Christine
Old 09-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Christine - What kind of calorie total are you shooting for? I am currently around 1800 - 2000. From what you have listed you are probably not eating enough, which is why you are hungry. Have you had any other snacks? Any salad or fruit with lunch? I find that keeping my protein totals high helps me get through the day.

Valerie - That is great that you are getting some action in the employment field! Don't settle for the wrong thing. I was just actually updating some of my payroll files.

You know how when you are young you think that grownups are so smart? Or you think that so and so has a masters degree from a major university so they must be smarter than me? Well, the more I deal with people the more I realize it just isn't the case. The people at my company make some of the stupidest decisions - I am just blown away. I need to give my boss a call after the gym tonight (my boss is in our Sydney office). At least I am getting some really overdue filing done today. It is always the thing I let slip the most.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Had to pop in and say hi to all, as I haven't been on much yesterday or today. I've completely crashed and burned diet/exercise-wise--processed food, restaurant food, fast food, the works I seem to have this horrible idea in my mind that eating poorly for a while will help me to lose weight quicker when I go back to eating healthy again. Of course, that's true, but I'm doing plenty of damage during the unhealthy eating time that will only take MORE time to lose again when I'm back to healthy foods. Oi, again with the mind games I know I'm going back on my planned menus on Sunday, but I need to get things more in check tomorrow and Saturday, too.

I watched the Biggest Loser last night. I was annoyed that the woman from Virginia didn't seem particularly stellar since she beat me out (I went to a casting call back in the spring). As per usual, it seems most of the women on the show are more pear than apple shaped (except for the one woman with the major attitude who flipped out on the midel chick last night--I SO would have voted her off instead of the model based on her attitude alone! but I digress...) and have quite large chests, whereas I am more apple and definitely have a smaller chest, so I guess I wouldn't be as much "eye candy" when I lose my weight as them, which is likely one of the reasons I didn't get picked, IMO.

Anyway, I agree that the show is insanely inspiring. Watching people workout till they literally puked (not that I want to puke, but ya know...) really made me wonder why I can't even get my butt of the couch (or out of the computer chair ) long enough to go for a walk each day. I can't wait for my WATP DVDs to come in so I no longer have weather as an easy excuse!

Christine--I agree with Nancy...are you eating enough? Also, are you eating enough variety so you don't get bored? Do you eat more than just 3 meals a day? They say to keep your metabolism going, you should actually eat at least 5 times a day: either 3 meals and 2 snacks or 5+ "mini meals" throughout the day.

Nancy--I couldn't agree with you more! I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of people who have been in business for years or who have advanced degrees. It seems there are entirely too many people who are "book smart" yet haven't an ounce of plain old common sense!

Valerie--heh, I actually like the "blonde chickie" who hosts TBL. I think it's great that she's so REAL...not perfectly thin or perfectly petite or perfectly sugar-sweet. I was shocked, though, that Jillian did not return. I didn't know she wouldn't be on this season The new girl seems to be almost too nice, letting them take the night off after winning the challenge and such. I hope she learns she has to toughen up a bit in order to compete with Bob's mad training skills

Ammi--ha, I'd be excited about something like quicker-drying laundry, too. I wish I could hang my laundry out...it always smells so fresh, but I have to use my clothes dryer since I don't have a clothes line to hang them on (being on the 3rd floor of a 16-story building).
Old 09-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #9  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Melissa--Good to hear you and your guy are trying to work things out. I wish you luck! Relationships are never easy, but if its worth working on then you go for it. It sounds like you have a good plan in place to get things back to where you want them to be.

getting back on track with counting calories and excercising. Writing things down always helps me stay on track. Hey, what is a Pogo Badge?

Sandy--Thanks for all your support on the $$ issues. You are right, I just need to start small and do what I can and just make a concerted effort. Thanks for your kudos on staying OP during all that. Its also nice to know I am not abnormal for being an emotional eater..and for being a financial wreck sometimes!!

Lilion--Yeah, it is really weird. Sometimes they are really on the ball, but other times its like they dont care at all. I have had good experiences and bad experiences, but its like they just dont care because they think they have no competition. Well every place has a pharmacy now--I do NOT need Walgreens!!

Its not that I have a lot of debt, but its that I spend money that I have in savings on stupid stuff when I should be leaving it in savings! I just need to think about why I am spending money before I actually spend it. Thanks for the tip

for the tip about the smilies!

Ammi--How funny about your daughter. Geez, how nice of the teacher to butt her nose in! Sheesh... I'm glad she's ok. Sore throats are the worst!! But mom really does know best, huh?

Thanks for all your words about all my complaining the other day! I am feeling better now, thankfully. I really need to kick it in the butt with my spending and quit doing this to myself all the time. I need to keep in mind what my friend says "would you be more comfortable with that money in the bank, or with spending that money on that shirt?" I need to plan ahead and actually think about future expenditures. I'm 26 yrs old--this shouldn't be that hard!

Katt--It sounds like you are still getting a good workout with doing the yardwork and house work, even if you arent formally excercising. And going up only .5 is nothing! That's like maybe you just needed to use the bathroom and then weigh again!!

I'm glad to hear you and your dad are having some luck finding a house for him. I love older houses but the thought of a fixer upper is kinda scary to me! But if is only cosmetic and the house itself is solid, that would be pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm really trying hard to delay the whole "instant gratification" thing. Obviously its gotten me in trouble with my spending habits and with my weight. Good for you for setting a goal and sticking to it! A lot of what I spend my money on is going out to eat. My goal is to not go out to eat for 2 weeks. We'll see if I make it!!

I take Effexor and take it in the morning. But the reason I take it in the morning is its supposed to have an energizing effect and obviously that wouldnt be good at night I did take Prozac in high school, though, and I took it at night because the Dr said it might cause drowsiness.

toofatforu--I have a cat named Wilhelm and he does pretty much whatever he wants, too! But you gotta love the little guy... Cant wait to see pics of your birds!

Jen--I dont have any TV channels so I dont watch any TV shows, but I have heard people talking in anticipation about the Biggest Loser. Someone told me last night they were starting w/50 people so they didnt know how they were going to do it w/that many people. That doesnt make sense that they would have 50 people come and then only choose like 1/3 of that # to actually participate. That seems highly unfair. I would be bummed, too.

Luan--I dont even count the "." on my weight. I just do a round #. So I wouldnt even notice .4 lbs So, like you say, we move on. Good for you to ride your bike again!

newsnerd--Sorry to hear about your truck. I was just talking to a friend the other day about how ridiculous it is for auto places to be able to charge what they do for labor. And most times they charge more for parts than you could buy them for, so they make a profit on that, too. But what can you do? They know they have you over a barrel and you have to get it fixed, so what can you do?

And you are right, your $ only goes so far so there isnt much else you can do but what you can do. Try not to stress out about it too much. From the sound of it we all have the same problems, so apparently we all suck at being adults!!

Valerie--Oh, I have a good one about BCP's too!! When I first started the job I had before my current job someone from HR came in to talk to us about benefits. She was saying you could get like 3 refills of like a continuing prescription at the pharmacy and then after that you had to use the mail order service for it to be covered. So I asked if that covered BCP's. Our TRAINER looked at me and actually said "Are you married?" I said "no". Before this she had been telling us about how her 19 yr old son was still living at home, and she ACTUALLY said "I'd have a fit if I knew my son was having sex". Now, I was a lot older than 19 and I had been out on my own for a LONG time. And besides that, it was NONE of her business. I looked at her and said "Well maybe your son shouldn't be living at home, then". I totally mouthed off to her but what was she going to do about it? She said this stuff in front of the HR person and if I would've complained she probably would've lost her job. So at that point she had nothing to say. For ONCE! What a !!!

That is too funny about your bank. Hey, that suishi is pretty good for you! I myself dont really care for sushi, I think it's the seaweed wrap that I dont like. Other than that I like that stuff inside! The seaweed is really good for you, though.

Zelma--Oh, Zelma you are so awesome! I loved your uncle's letter, too. I'll bet everyone is so proud to be related to you. It is so wonderful that you want to help others do what you have done. It is very admirable. I havent been able to watch your video yet (I mainly post while at work and we dont have sound on our computers here) but I mean to do that tonight when I get home. I was just telling my friend about you last night and she was amazed at what you have done! She's never had a weight problem but still she understands kind of what a cross it is to bear. You are GREAT!!

Nancy--Good job on the -2! That is really cool that you are gaining more stamina for your excercises, too! I felt that way yesterday at Curves, that I am just now starting to kind of notice that it isnt as hard as it used to be. I guess not smoking kinda helps, too.

Christine--I know how you feel. My 1 cup of pasta and 1/2 cup of sauce w/o meat I had for lunch was NOT cutting it today Normally when I start out I feel really gung-ho and really positive, but this week all I can do is think of greasy chinese and deluxe nachos... Arg!! I decided to just take it 1 day at a time. If thinking of this as a major life change is too overwhelming for me, I will just think of it as just for today. Maybe that would help.

As for me, today is going pretty well. I've be OP all week and excercised twice. I didnt make my excercise goal of excercising every day this week because I couldnt go Tuesday, but I will go tonight and tomorrow for 4 times this week.

I noticed yesterday at Curves that it seemed easier to get around the circuit. Normally I am really panting and when we take our heart rate mine is above where it needs to be so I need to rest for a few seconds before I start again. But yesterday I thought maybe I was slacking or not working as hard because it seemed easier. But when we took our heartrates mine was right on target! Sweet!

I've also noticed food is started to taste a lot better. I think that has to do with my quiting smoking. My sense of smell is getting a lot better, too. It only took 6 weeks!

I have tomorrow off work so we can decorate the hall for my sister's wedding . Here's hoping for no meltdowns. My sister is kind of a high strung person and I am her only attendant (no other bridesmaids, etc) so I am just really afraid she is going to like Bridzilla-out on me or something... But tonight I plan to clean my house and have a nice relaxing evening, because this weekend is the wedding so there wont be much chill time to be had.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #10  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

HI Everybody!

Zelma -
Nice letter from your uncle! Really it's great when family lets you know they see how hard you worked and that they are proud.

Ally
Congrats on getting to 2-town! doesn't that feel great, huh?

toofatforu
Sounds like your kitty is like the 2 I have. These 2 are complete monsters!
Here's an example... this week, hubby and I have to go out to the water cooler store, to buy Child safe taps for our water cooler. WHY? you ask!? Because one of our cats won't stop jumping up and pushing the lever for the water (I'll get a pic out here and show you, it's nuts). He pushes on the lever until the tray underneath fills up, and runs onto the floor, and then he drinks it from the floor.

Ammi
thanks for the comments as always. You are such a great poster doing all of the personals and keeping all of the details in order!! I miss so much it's hard to keep up!

Today I had a good weigh in! I made up for my 0 last week and this week was -4.5 WOW I was totally surprised! I got 4 big smiley stickers and one small smiley sticker for my weight loss tracker poster I have on the door!
For those of you who are doubting WHY you should drink water.. I have to tell you that the weeks that I really work hard at drinking as much water as possible, I do well. The weeks/days I do not.. I don't do as well. I hate drinking it, I just DO it. Guzzle guzzle guzzle. One per meal, in a bottle.

When my hubby gets home after work, we're going to get in the car and drive to the lake and have a picnic/walk. His suggestion! I'm so happy he's supportive and helps me walk. There are days when he's not in the mood but I just play the guilt on him.. tell him he has to support me and then he just says "okay!" and off we go.

I put on my 'winter' coat yesterday, the one from last year, and it was a bit looser than last year! I was happy about that. ( I say 'winter' because here, winter means rain and not very cold)

I signed up for a watercolor painting class the other day, it starts in a couple of weeks. I hope they get enough to join so it does not get cancelled. I'll find out soon enough I guess. I have always been interested in painting, and used to do a lot of that in high school, but never did watercolors. I have tried the watercolor pencils, I have some of those. I found out recently that doing painting, you should sketch out the image first. Umm... well I guess that's why my past paintings looked warped. I just winged it as i went with no particular image in mind.

Question for everyone...
those of you who gain a pound or 2 here and there.. and then lose it again.. do you write down when you gain or do you just count it as a "O" loss and not a + gain? The times I was up more than the previous week, I just looked at it as temporary and then yes it did disappear again the next week.

As I sit and type here, my wedding rings won't stop sliding around on my fingers! I'm having a 'low bloat' day which is rare for me so I'm really liking that! I took some 'lost 25 pounds' pics over the weekend, I'll post them when I get my lazy butt around to it

I hope everyone's having a great day

~Angie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coolercat.jpg (6.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 09-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Amy - AWESOME job on quitting smoking!! i quit in may and i never want to go back. the longer you go the easier it becomes!!! i think my food tastes better too...

and for those of you that dont like sushi... taste it. you will love it. it is mild and sweet and awesome. and low in points for you WW kids.

today is an ok day. ive been on point so far this week ( even tho i did make pancakes for dinner i used light butter and light syrup - and was in my points)
eery 3rd month or so my cramps get really bad. i can go 2 months with no pain at all and on the 3rd it feels like my uterus is trying to make a break for it through my back. its horrible. at least i have a sit down job.

Christine - its OK to eat, but eat the right things. try higher protein snacks like cottage cheese or yogurt. plus you will get in some calcium which is essential for losing weight. beyond that. find something to occupy your mind. most people eat because they are bored, not because thier bodies are truely hungry.

hope everyone is having an OP day!!

Luan
Old 09-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #12  
banned

angie. i account for every fluctuation. even that nasty .4 brought by aunt flo.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #13  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Luan

I count my weight as it changes too... I weigh every day, because that's what works for me. I don't get frustrated, I do it because I don't like surprises (bad ones anyway!). I meant though.. if you gain one week, do you go and set your ticker to reflect the + weight or just leave it where your lowest weight was so far? I guess I should have been more specific
Old 09-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #14  
banned

amy - have you tried Planned Parenthood for your BC? its really easy to get like a years worth in one shot.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:56 PM   #15  
banned

angie, personally, i change it. it keeps me accountable because i know the number was lower and i dont like seeing that higher number. it makes me work harder

Last edited by princesspuffypants; 09-21-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread