Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Thank you Valerie
Old 09-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #17  

way to go keeper of the home! yes Valerie my cat is quite a handful!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #18  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses View Post
Did you get any more walking in since your marathon the other day? I know it's harder when you're sore like that, but it's the best thing for it.
I didn't go out walking at all yesterday (was thinking of it, but got sucked into a video game ), but I never got sore. I wasn't sore at all yestnerday nor at all today. For some reason, I almost never get sore, even when I do workouts with weights. I've even had personal trainers watch me at the gym (when I belonged) to make sure I was doing everything right, and I was--just never got sore! I'm not sure what makes my muscles different from others', but I certainly don't mind it
Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #19  

Valerie~Thanks! Yes walking is walking. We do have a lot of weather issues here. Not to mention that by Novemeber we will be 24/hour darkness for 4 months! So being able to work out at home had to become a must! But I am queen of excuses. I even have problems following a work out tape at times. ( I am not really sure why) But the simple act of just walking back and forth seems to be working! I guess the whole point is I just gotta get my body moving!

ALLY~ Congrats on the loss!!!!!! That is awesome!

Michelle
Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #20  

jillybean those video games can do that cant they lol!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #21  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Everyone!
It's beautiful here in Indiana today. Yesterday it was really gloomy. I think I'm gonna take a little walk with the dog in a little while. I did an exercise ticker and you're right wyllenn and all you others. If I start small, like 10 minutes a day, 4 days a week, it'll add up. Then I'll go to 12 min, 15, mins etc til I'm at 30 mins a day before the end of the year. I feel excited to have a mini goal.
I go for blood work tomorrow so I'm gonna hop on the dr's scale to see what has happened since last Thursday.
It makes me nervous to get on the scale.....it's like what if the scale doesn't show that I've stayed OP? I guess I've conditioned my self to put importance in the number on the scale and not on healthy alternatives. I'll keep on it though. When I feel like I have accountablilty to you girls, it REALLY helps.

Michelle, your walking around the house is a brillant idea! I get winded so easily and it's embarrassing.....so walking around the house is private! Thanks for sharing!
Sharon, I'm very sorry you're feeling badly today.
I really understand the feeling.
SHARON AND KATT It took about 1.5 years for the doctor to get my meds right for depression. It's slow going for some, hopefully you'll respond faster than I did. Being tired and unmotivated is all part of depression. Just hang in there. It'll be worth it. I promise. It's great to feel human again. My meds have been regulated for about 4 years now. My family is glad to have me back too.
Ally, What great news to share!!

Ammi, thanks for the reminder on little goals and rewards. But what the heck do you reward yourself with????

Ladies, I'm headed out for that walk with the dog. It's too beautiful to stay inside.
BBFN
Sandy
Old 09-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #22  

Talking

Greetings!

Jill I'd love to see the Atlanta Aquarium ! I went to the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans several years ago and it was terrific! I bet this one is even better! Take care and have fun!

Valerie – I hate men sometimes, don't you? Well of course you do! I'm sure he's losing just because he's pining away for you when he's on the road….yeah – that's it!

Ammi – you said
Quote:
"cordial here is squash".
To me a squash is a plant that grows like a gourd and you boil it or bake it and eat it. Is that what you are calling squash? Because to me a cordial is a type of liquor.

Mechell – I bet Barrow is REALLY COLD already! Glad you are feeling better!

Ally - and Welcome to two-town!

Sandy
Quote:
"What if the scale doesn't show that I've stayed OP?"
- You answered your own question - you stay OP regardless! You have to remember that this is a long-term thing here! Some weeks you'll lose. Some weeks you won't. Some weeks you'll be sure you've gained and you'll lose – visa versa! And in the long run, everything works out. Try not to be a slave to the scale…Sometimes you have to look at other victories…Do you feel more in control of your eating? Did you take a walk easier than you used to? Do you feel like you have more energy or stronger? Whether the scale is up or down…if you stick it out you WILL succeed!

Having said all that – I'm quite happy to report that the scale has not crept up on me. (Well it is up .2 of a lb…but who cares about .2?) I'm quite pleased because as you know I've been trying to make up for the bad weekend. I figured it'd be okay in the long run. After all, eating badly for two days didn't make me weigh 328 lbs…eating badly for 41 YEARS made me weigh 328 lbs!
Old 09-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #23  
sandybar

I did it!!! I did some weight stuff and walked to my video!!! Now my treat is basking in the sun with a magazine!!! Hey, I just decided on a reward for myself!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:47 PM   #24  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

I didnt get on here at all yesterday so some of these might be kind of outdated. There were still some that I did want to respond to, though.

Jill--I totally know how you feel. Yesterday evening I was feeling really down, also. I actually came home and laid down in my room crying. I havent done that in a long time. I am on anti-depressants so I thought that would help, but apparently yesterday it was all just too much. I dont know why I was so upset; I just was. Must be the phases of the moon or something. :D I'm glad you're feeling better today.

On the excercise thing, I find sometimes I start to feel naseous when I excercise. One day I was convinced I was really going to throw up. I slowed down and started to feel better, but it was really weird.

Yeah, customers can be so rude and so STUPID sometimes!! :mad:

Nancy--Good for you for being such a good samaritan! :angel: Maybe that was just what you needed to feel better. I'm gald you are feeling better and your mood is good today.

Ammi--Well, Subway is OK but my theory is that the only people that like Subway are those who have never had Mr Goodcents :lol: Mr Goodcents is another sub sandwich place and their bread and meat and cheese are SO much tastier than Subway!! They slice everything fresh when you order it :drool: Ok, now I am craving that!!

WW has spaghetti in a can???

I'm moving to KC at the end of October. I was supposed to move Sept 1 but my sister is getting married this weekend so I decided to stay for that as it would be easier w/me being the Maid of Honor, etc. Then I was going to move Oct 1st but then I got called for FEDERAL JURY DUTY from Oct 1-Nov 1!! :fr: So I postponed everything, looking for jobs, apts, etc. Well, they excused me from jury duty but by then I had put off doing all these things so I was in no position to move Oct 1, so Nat and I decided on the end of Oct. Whew. It has been quite the ordeal, to say the least. :dizzy:

Brenda--Hey, great to hear the doc is going to "git 'er done" for ya! ;) I dont blame you for feeling weird as it is kind of final and a big decision. But you know this is the right decision for you so that is what is important.

Katt--I'm sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down. My Dr recently put me on antidepressants also. I really feel they have made a big difference. I wish being depressed didnt make me want to eat! I eat everything in site. I'm a big food-soother. I'm glad you are feeling maybe a bit better today. Just try to take it easy. :hug:

Luan--GOOD JOB on riding your bike! :bike2: You go, girly! :cb:

Kenya--If you cant see the difference in those pics then you need to take a closer look! The difference is amazing! :bravo:

wyllenn--Silly scale! I'm sure it will be down again soon. I see this in your future: :goodscale :goodluck:

newsnerd--Great to hear that about your car! :crossed: that your truck will be equally inexpensive! And :dancer: about the lady at work noticing your weight loss! Way cool!

Xena--Glad to hear your dog is feeling better. What a good boy to not make a mess in the house! Poor baby. I know what you mean about him being your baby. My cat was choking the other day and I started freaking out and crying! I think he somehow ate a Tums that was on the floor and he choked on it. He started making these weird sounds and throwing up. And then my boyfriend put his foot down right in a pile of it...:sp: :lol: It was so weird because he usually doesnt eat anything but his food, not even table scraps.

Dogpal--I'm doing WW in addition to Curves, too--just like you are! That's cool! I really like the combo of the two, it seems to really work (if you work it, hee hee :o). I missed going to Curves yesterday and I was NOT happy about it!

Here's hoping your new carpet doesnt put too much of a dent in the ol' pocketbook!

Sandy--Not sure how to avoid the sore bottom on the excercise bike, I'm sorry! Maybe put a towel or other cushion on the seat? Or you could put it down the back side of your pants...sounds weird but it might help it stay in place!! :D

GOOD JOB staying OP! Yeah!! I almost screwed up last night but made it through somehow. I know what you mean on the scale thing. Its like, I need that confirmation to show "yes, I did stay OP--see?? SEE??" :D

Congrats on the NSV and the working out, you rule!! And thanks for the sympathy on the customer service gig!

Sharon--Bravo on opening a new thread! :encore: :lol: Good job on all your excercising efforts even though you arent feeling well. I hope your Dr can figure out some good meds for you.

toofatforu--You are going to have to change your name soon if you keep losing like that! :flow1:

The wild animals you have in your area sound awesome!

4menow--I'm sorry you're in such a down mood. :hug: I started excercising by walking on a treadmill, and then walking outdoors, and then joined Curves. I know the thought of walking seems very daunting right now but I was surprised how far I could walk on a treadmill. The even surface makes it a lot easier. Also, the right shoes really do help.

Lilion--Good job on ye points, landlubber! :p I need the recipe for your skillet zucchini!!:love:

Valerie--I've never been thin or fit, but sometimes its surprising when I catch a glimpse of myself sitting or something. Like, wow I am fat! But hey--we'll get there. Just dont expect yourself to ever truly be that young girl again! :D

I cant believe your husband lost weight so fast! That's what I keep telling my boyfriend. He has a lot more weight to lose than I do but I keep telling him we'd probably reach goal at the same time, if not him a little faster. Arg, men!

Hey, let me know if you like that 6 weeks challenge thing at Curves. I thought about doing it but did WW Online instead.

Oh, and I have the same problems w/veggies! But, alas, we have to do it!

Melissa--I'm sorry you are having problems with your guy. Is there any reason you cant leave him without going home? I know its hard and it really sucks, but I stayed w/a guy for 3 years because I thought I couldnt make it on my own and I didnt want to move back w/my family who were 100 mi away. I finally left him and it was the best decision I've ever made. I wish you luck in whatever you decide. :hug:

Zelma--You are so awesome! :woo: I am so happy for you! I havent been around in a while so I dont know what the competition you were doing was, but from what you say it was regarding your weight loss. You are truly an inspiration to us. Just the other day I was reading the info on your site!

Michelle--:high: on all your excercise efforts! Good for you for finding a way to excercise when there are some obstacles in your way. Its so much easier to make excuses than to actually do it!

I'm glad you're feeling better after your cold. I hope the medication helps your thyroid condition. :crossed:

Ally--That's GREAT news about your loss and now getting into 2-town! SWEEEET! Good Job! :balloons:

As for me, I am kind of cranky today. I only worked 1/2 day yesterday and then I had a Dr appt and Dentist appt. The dr gave me 2 prescriptions and I needed to get them filled ASAP so I went to Walgreens between my appts. I told them I'd be waiting and they said it'd be about 1/2 hr. I waited the full 1/2 hr and then finally had to leave and was late for my dentist appt, and still they werent done. I went back after my dentist appt and thought I'd just go thru the drive thru. Then they tell me they STILL arent done and it would be another 20 min. I came inside, waited, waited, then asked about them again and was told ANOTHER 15 min! So I wait and wait again and then ask again. They STILL werent done. And all this time no one is acting like there is any sense of urgency to ge them done. Finally one of the clerks went ahead and finished them (they were done but just had to be "verified" or whatever), but only because I asked about them AGAIN. All in all I waited 1 1/2 hrs for my prescriptions to be filled. That is JUST time spent waiting there--all in all it took them 3 hours to fill them. And God knows how long it would've been if I hadnt asked about them the last time. I will NEVER go back to Walgreens for ANYTHING EVER again. I can get my prescriptions filled about a dozen other places--I do NOT need to tolerate that kind of treatment.

By that time it was almost 6:30 and I had not been home to eat and also missed my workout so I already wont meet my goal of working out 5xs this week. My sister and I were supposed to get manicures at 7 last night, but by then I was in such a bad mood getting the manicure felt like a chore, not a reward (it was supposed to be a reward for working out 5xs last week). I called my sister to see if it was ok for us to reschedule, and she just acted like I was totally overreacting and had no reason to be upset. Then she said I was being mean to her. Whatever. I was not being mean or crabby w/her until she started acting like I was overreacting and like it would kill her to have any kind of sympathy for me. But she always does this. If it doesnt involve her it doesnt matter. I hate how selfish she is.

So I went home last night and just laid down and cried for like 15 min. I havent done that in a really long time. I'm not sure what my problem was, but today I still feel really irritable and kind of down. My job is driving me crazy today.

I'm also worried about money. I am not too thrifty of a person, even when I try to be. Its like I cant think about the future to save my life. I make a concious decision to be thrifty and not buy things I dont need, and then I end up doing it anyway. I bought some clothes and went out to eat a few times this weekend, bought my friend a shirt and took her out to eat--just stuff I didnt need to spend money on. Then I had to spend like $200 on prescriptions and the dentist yesterday. Its like, I knew the appts were coming up and I knew how much they were going to cost--why did I do that? Its goes back to all that instant gratification stuff. I want to eat crappy food because it tastes good. I want to spend money on stuff I dont need because it makes me feel good right now. I dont know why I am like this. Its like I am a compulsive spender. Its to the point that I am worried about it. I just dont know what has to happen to make me realize that spending $40 taking my friend out to a steak dinner for no special reason at all is not what I need to be doing. It just upsets me because its like I sabotage myself all the time. I get a little money and I think "Finally, I can just keep this money in savings for emergencies, etc and everything will be fine". No, I go shopping, out to eat, spend it on stupid stuff that I dont need. I have clothes coming out of my ears but still I buy more. Other people dont do this, what is wrong w/me? I just want to be normal.

Last edited by VioletSwerve; 09-20-2006 at 03:59 PM. Reason: my smilies didnt show up!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:59 PM   #25  

Hi Ladies - Still got my cold..ugh! But it's not as bad as when it started thankfully. As for my guy and I....we are trying to build our relationship back up...we kinda lost our fun factor for the last year, so we are going to try to do new things - go to the movies, out to dinner, etc. And then we gotta work on ironing out the rough areas with us, too...so we are trying to add some thing into our relationship for the next week and seeing if anything helps us. It's like a do-it-yourself counselling of sorts, lol! Well my weight is the same as last week...John suggested only once every TWO weeks might be better. I'm going to try to get more on track, like not adding calories in my head, actually getting down to business so I don't go over my calories. Also exercise, I wanna step that back up when I feel up to it...I got in some minutes last night tho! Well I'm off - Pogo badges are up today!!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 09-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #26  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Why are mine the only smilies that wont show up?? I went back and deleted them and did them all over again! What the heck???

Ok now this one shows up!?!?! Arg.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for the congrates its so nice to be in 200 land.

Melissa~ Hope you start to feel better soon.

andybar~ good for you doing the walk and weights.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:06 PM   #28  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

hey guys. Only have a min. Hubby and I are going to do the yoga video. this should be rich Anyhoo, just wanted to pop on and catch up before things went too far. I will be abck after a bit. Nothing exciting today except that I am off work for 4 days and I am going to be a good little girlie.

Ammi and Zelma~ yeah it did cheer me up however I watched Zelma's video and cried again *L* She looks SO happy and has acheived so much. I guess it just helped to hit it home that this was possible. It was a good cry though. Tears of joy and inspiration Thanks Zelma!!

Talk to you later on!
Brenda
Old 09-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #29  
sandybar

Honey, If you're not normal I'm in big trouble! I like to do the same things you do. And you had plenty of stuff yesterday to be upset and wore out about.
My family goes to Walgreen's only when our regular pharmacy is closed. You had the Walgreen's fiasco, a dr appt and a dentist appt plus, you left work early. It seems someone ALWAYS gives attitude of some type when work is missed. And then your sis wasn't supportive! You had a totally rotten day and things will be better now.
Like the girls all said on my exercise goals....start small. Maybe with your $$ issues you could start small. Like $5 in an envelope every pay day. And then leave it hidden at home. Then, add to it each pay period. It won't be a lot, but it'll be a start.
I'm personally really proud of you for staying OP last night. I'm an emotional eater too. Maybe if you think of staying OP last night a big NSV it'll help. Cuz to me it's a wonderful victory.

for now
Old 09-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #30  

Talking

Hey all!

Violet/Amy: I've been to two Walgreens. The one in my home town is like the one you went to. I had a hospital phone in a Rx for my sick child once…he had 104 temp. I stood there ˝ hour with him and then threw a ROYAL fit! I told them the whole point of calling in a Rx was for it to be done quickly and I was NOT standing there any longer with my sick child and they better get it done NOW! …they got it done…. Then the other time I was on vacation, was headed through Independence and forgot my BCP's. I use a local grocery store's pharmacy now and so I didn't have a Walgreen's script. They called my own pharmacy, got the script faxed to them, then when it wasn't ready for a refill and they were going to have to charge me for it, called my insurance company and got special authorization so I could get it for free! All in a reasonable amount of time! You can never tell! Sorry your sis was such a poop about it! She sounds like my brother – only whiney. on working out 5xs last week! You said "Other people dont do this, what is wrong w/me?" Yes they do! Really! I think that your realizing there is a problem there is a big deal…and puts you well on the way to fixing it! Maybe you should check out a credit counseling Agency?

Oh...and if you edit your post, go to the "advanced" screen and check down below the text box, there is a misc option that says "disable smilies in text". I bet you that is checked and shouldn't be!

Brenda: Enjoy Yoga! I love it - Dh and I will be doing our class again tomorrow!

TTFN!
Closed Thread