Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

WTG Lilion!
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:50 AM   #17  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow...Had quite a shock at school today. Testing has just started and apparently someone failed her math test during her first class. Right after she walked out to the parking garage and stepped off the 6th floor roof.

I will never understand.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #18  
Hang In There

Just checking in so no one forgets me. Still plugging along, work is even crazier right now, Wifey is driving everyone crazy. etc, etc etc. I'll try to make it back in tonight, but don't know for sure. The frst new ER is on tonight, and after the final episode last year I don't want to miss it.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #19  

Good Morning Ladies!

Barbara - ER starts TONIGHT? Boy am I glad you popped in because I'd have missed it! I'm so excited! Look forward to hear about the neverending drama that is your place of employment.

Karen - Wow! That's just horrible! I can't even think of anything else to say.

Angela - thanks! I hope everything is going well for you now!

EVERYONE ELSE - HEY! WE MISS YOU!

No time for more of a post right now...I'll look back later to see if anyone else has arrived!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #20  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Wow. KAREN, I couldn't believe it. It's so sad when someone can't see that life has so many options, so many chances. It's just so sad.

BARBARA - Glad to see you again!

Hi LILION! Hi ANGELA! Hi TERRI! Hi CHRISTINE! Hi EVERYBODY!

Where is everybody? You'd think summer just arrived or there was a huge sale at the chocolate factory the way they've deserted us!

I'm off to play ponies today. I haven't done nearly enough of it since I got home off the truck!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Sorry to have been AWOL.

Honey is off this week on "furlough", which is a pretty way of saying NO PAY!!! LOL Next week he's taking Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off and we're running down to Shipshawana for a couple of days with another couple. We're staying at a Country Inn and I got jacuzzi rooms. ;-) We both need the time away.

Honey started cardiac rehab on Tuesday. It was orientation and then they exercised. He said it went good. He goes now at 5:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 9:30 on Saturday mornings. Now if I could just get him to watch his food more closely. This morning I offered him butter OR jelly on his English muffins and you'd have thought I struck him. OMG, the look on his face and then he said, "OR?" Poor fellow!

I guess him being home is what's kept me away from here so much. I feel like I need to be at his side. He'd probably like it if I left him alone.

Lilion: The pirate thing was cute. I'm, get this, CAPTAIN Bess Rackham! Now all you Mates, hit the decks! It says: "Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arrr!"

Karen: That's awful about the girl and the math test. I won't ever understand that kind of thinking either. [[[hugs]]]

Valerie: I'm glad you're getting more time with the horses. You must be in heaven. How is the job search going?

BarbG: The office still hasn't settled down, I see. You've had so many personnel changes, you'd think sooner or later they'd get it right. *Are you still going to the pool? How's Alvin doing now that his sister is gone? Were they close?

Christine: The threads that have new posts on them since the last time you visited are BOLDED when you come back. If you're posting all over the board you might want to make notes of where you posted. Also, there is an option under User CP at the top where you can subscribe to threads that you've posted on. That way you'll get an email when there is a new post on that particular thread so you can go back and read it.

Angela: What's up with you, girlfriend? Sorry the lawyer turned out to be married. How 'bout the other guy?

I'm sorry if I missed anyone but I guess I better work on cleaning this office. It won't get done by itself, I suppose. You all have a great day. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #22  

Sorry I have been MIA.

I have had a bad past few days. Old habits rising to the surface and trying to fight the good fight.

We have no ready-to-eat food here or I would be scarfing it down right now. So, I have the boxing gloves on and am trying to kick this thing's butt. What a struggle!

I hate this. I really, really hate this.
4MeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hey chicks,

I'm writing to you from the room in Nashville. We had a safe and almost uneventful drive down today. We made a tactical error in St. Louis and made a hour detour through the farm country of S. Illinois trying to get back to the correct interstates. I gave DH one job and that was to make sure he knew how to get through St. Louis. He wrote down directions but didn't study the map to see that we didn't want just any route south to Memphis. At least he was smart enough to stop at a Casey's gas station for me to buy a map of Illinois.

We're crashing in the room tonight and watching Survivor. We were up at 5 am to leave at 6:30 so we're not up to nightlife tonight. Well, I had three naps in the car on the way so I should be okay! There's a Applebee's in the hotel so we're having room service.

Its nice to be off on vacation. However, I did have to bring work with me. But its mainly sorting through stuff and getting an organized "attack to do" list for when I get back. Just trying to get organized and on top of all the new areas I'm now responsible for because there is no breaking in period. Its sink or swim.

Its also nice to have internet access in the room. Glad I brought the laptop.

DH almost cried when he took Bear to the vets to leave. Bear, however, was eager to get inside. He loves the girls that take care of the boarders. My brother is taking care of the horses for three days and DH's cousin is taking over the last two. They are only going to get fed once a day now so they will think they are being starved even though they do have a big bale of hay.

Anyone catch the first show of Biggest Loser? I'm inspired so when I get back, I'm getting my act together.

Thin - Sounds like you have some fun planned. DH did cardio rehab and I would have liked it if he would have done it longer. It was great for him. DH had trouble with the food thing too.

Christine - Not sure if I welcomed you to the group or not. I've been a bit crazed lately. Sorry for a delayed welcome. Hang in there! There are going to be really tough days but don't beat yourself up about them. I was reading an article in Prevention magazine on the way down here about being kind to yourself and that includes not making food the enemy. When you're struggling, find something good to do for yourself.

Valerie - Have fun with the ponies! You bought fashion boots and I bought some horse work boots.

Lilion - I took the pirate quiz and turned out to be Dirty Bess Vane. Not sure what was up with the Dirty part. I see you're still under 240! Great job!

Karen - That is just awful about that student. How terribly sad.

Barb.G - Good to see you checking in. Geez, you'd think someone would finally act with sanity in your office. But then when it happens, how boring!

Valerie - Bummer about the lawyer. Is the routine getting any better?

to everyone else. I think I'll get out of here for now. I'm sitting on the end of the bed because DH is in the desk chair and the cord isn't longer.

Later!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 AM   #24  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi gang, just a quick late night check in. I've been doing okay this week, making just two small changes, and so far I've managed to keep a perfect record at those two small changes for four whole days. Small victories are better than none at all, yes?

Thin--Hope you have a good weekend! Enjoy the time away... bring pictures? Haven't seen the other flirter recently. And Mr. Friend who I hoped would be more has started computer dating... he asked me out to dinner and told me that... sigh.... I had a chance to go to a movie with a friend and Dr. Eye Candy from the history department, but I had to grade instead! Dr. Eye Candy is so sweet and smart... oh well.

4Me--Hang in there!!! You CAN do it. You CAN. Keep telling yourself you CAN. Look at Zelma--it CAN be done. You want it enough, you can do it!!

Barb--Nice to see you... we never forget... chicks have memories like elephants

Valerie--Hope you had fun with the ponies!

Terri--Don't let the work take over. Gosh, we live in a work-driven culture, don't we? But 5 years from now you'll remember the vacation, not the work, so make sure it's great (the vacation, that is, not the work).
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:55 AM   #25  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Vortex, I like what you said about small victories. I seem to concentrate on failures and shortcomings. Enough of that! Tomorrow is weigh in day, I am kind of dreading it but looking forward to it all the same. I am at the point (time wise)
where I usually give up and start sneaking food again. It's been about a month since I started trying to lose and I tend to get scared of failing again and slipping into my old habits. Cross my fingers for tomorrow.
ToniLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #26  
Hang In There

Morning Chickies:
There may be hope!! The new manager and wifey were locked behind closed door with the Administrator(husband) for well over an hour yesterday. Later wifey was in out office and was a completely changed person!! Late yesterday my friend/boss asked manager what happened. this is her story: Seems wifey's agenda was to get rid of everyone in the call center and start over (except for the "new" manager) She (wifey) was going to fire the girl that had been there about 2 months because she is making too many mistakes, NM says that she was hired to be the manager and she didn't want the girl fired. She (girl) had had no training and was doing the best that could be expected in the circumstances.(Wifey was the one who trained her and wifey had no clue what SHE was doing) NM said that if wifey was going to be in charge they didn't need her. I they want her *NM* to stay and manage. the leave her alone and let her manage and WIFEY needed to butt out. Of course that was the NM's version of the story, but wifey was singing a different tune later in the afternoon, and she actually left about 3:00. She had been staying until 5:30 or 6:00. Very interesting......

Terri. Isn't Nashville fun? Hope you have a great time and don't spend too much of it working.

Thin: You know I'm jealous of you going to Shipshawana. Of course you don't do the auctions like I did, but I still consider that one of my all time favorite times. It's right up there with the year I went to the Super Bowl. And Alvin is doing okay. No he and his sister were not very close, but she was the only family he had.

Lillion: I wish you could see when I drop in and read. Maybe I'll just start putting a few smilie on a line so you will know you are not alone, I just don't have any thing to say.

Karen, it is really sad and even disturbing about the girl. Did you know her? Were you around when it happened?

Everyone else, Have a great day and a good weekend.

PS funny thing: I ran spell check on my post and there were all these red words. I tough I really did a poor job, but when I went to correct them they were only the non-words I had used!!!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #27  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

It's FRIDAY! I have no hearings, because I was supposed to be on vacation today...but not going, so I have a day to try to clear up some of the overflow of files on my desk!

Of course, it's nearly 9:30 and I'm on-line.

I had a little bit of an NSV yesterday. Silly really, since I haven't actually lost more than 5 lbs all year! But I tried on a dress last night I haven't worn since...gee...I'm not sure when! I'm posting a photo on the picture thread - it's a beaded and really fancy little black dress. I know I wore it one time to a party before I even MET my son's father - so 1992? It did fit for a short time in like 1997? maybe...after my divorce when I lost quite a bit of weight - but not since then for sure. It isn't the smallest I've been - as is evidenced by the other dresses I still can't get into - but I'm just so psyched that I could get it on! I made DH promise me that if I could wear it properly (it's snug now) by the holidays he'd take me somewhere REALLY fancy!

Of course, I also went out for Mexican last night - but counted all my points, even if I did go into the flex for the week a bit!

Barbara-I suppose I know you are checking in - I do that myself sometimes - I just like to hear how everyone's life is going!

Valerie-Hope you have fun with your ponies!

Terri-Enjoy Nashville! I went there once - years ago, but I was actually just passing thru on my way to the World's Fair in Knoxville, so I don't remember much about it.

Thin-Since I was Anne Rackem we must be Pirate sisters! Arrr! Have a nice time with your honey - even if it is without pay for him! Sounds like you might have an easier diet time in the future, since he has to watch it with you!

Mother-Consider my fingers crossed for your WI! Small changes you can live with is an excellent start!

4MeNow- It is really hard to change your lifestlye and habits that you have had for years...but I KNOW you can do it! Heck, if I can, anyone can!

Angela-Hooray for small victories!

Well all, I need to run! I probably should at least attempt to get some work done at work!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #28  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Success! I weighed in and lost 2.5 .bs over the last 2 weeks. I am happy with that. Now I can breathe.
ToniLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Gotta be a "showgirl" this morning, but just had to say:

Lilion, you look FABULOUS, darling!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #30  

I want to say thank you for the support and encouragement.

I'm walking forward on the path today. That's the best I can hope for. One step in front of the other.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Christine
4MeNow is offline   Reply With Quote