Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #16  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi all. Worked out this morning and as usual, really wanted to quit before I was even half way thru it, but kept going. Even did a little better at some of the moves than I had been. Every day of pumping and puffing helps a little more.

Yeah, THIN, I don't like to post all the same stuff on both threads cuz I think most of us here at least lurk over there, and I was just so spent that I read here yesterday but couldn't quite post.
* I got a ton of housework & clothes sorting started yesterday, but I have tons left to do. Feels good to have it under way.

4MeNOW - WELCOME!!! I understand about gaining and suddenly realizing how much. When I got married 7 years ago my DH & I started driving over the road together and I put on weight fast. I knew I was gaining, but in the first year or so I jumped up about 60 pounds. I topped out higher than that, in the 340's, and it's a long road back down even without having CFS to deal with. But it sure is worth it, isn't it? I can relate to not wanting to go out in public, but I never had a choice - I had to go out in public just to get to that bathroom. I'm glad you're here more actively now.

I decided to give my pastor a call on this marraige thing. I have this terrible fear he'll just tell me to be a good little wifey and trust my hubby cuz he knows what's best for me (and I don't?). But he's someone that DH will listen to, so if he is reasonable & not just a head-in-the-sand sexist, maybe he can help. One way or another, I'm seeing resolve.

Oddly, very oddly, DH actually said he loved me on the phone last night. Weird. Spooky even.

I better get on some more of that housework. This afternoon I'm going to help a friend put up some more fence and do repairs... AND we're having Chinese for dinner, but this time I know where we're getting it and will make a good choice - and hold the MSG!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #17  

4MeNow - Good for you on the 2 lbs! Down is down! I don't care if it's water or not. (Of course - when it goes UP and it's water, then it doesn't count! )

Thin - Glad to see that post! I was planning on making some kind of salad for the potluck thing on Saturday. Now I know not to use spinich at least. On the down side - I had a spinich salad for lunch yesterday! And today my tummy is doing odd things so now I'll be a hypochondriac for another three or four days!

Valerie: I hope your pastor listens to you and doesn't turn out to be a sexist pig. Your worries and frustration about his spending and other things are entirely valid...but you know that already...just have to get him to see it! Maybe he said it because he thought you might not think he does and that you needed to hear it? Maybe he's missing your company on the truck? My DH says "I love you" every time we speak on the phone or part company! If it isn't said it's because I hang up before he gets the chance. It was one of the things that I found endearing at first..but every once in a while I feel it's just like saying goodbye - seems more thought should be put into it than that. Who am I kidding - I'd think there was something wrong if he didn't say it several times a day!

Well, back to work! I really shouldn't be here!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #18  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

My hubby and I just got back from our little trip. I had too much food but at least I didn't have an overabundance of sugary crap. That used to be my primary weakness, my sneak food. They brought us complimentary desserts but I only had less than half of my cheesecake. I did have lobster and prime rib, I did not eat the fat on it though. I used to. I turned down a potato dish. Overall I think I'm fine. I will weigh in next friday and not worry about it anymore. That is my hardest thing, beating myself up for little things for days.

Last edited by ToniLight; 09-15-2006 at 04:05 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 09-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #19  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Sorry I've not been around

It's been a whirl-wind week: I closed on the house Tuesday, ran around Wednesday, getting insurance in place on a house that doesn't exist yet, worked a double shift (and then some) on Thursday, got home close to 0200 AM and found my Pooh Bear with my bed all pulled out and made, wearing my robe and acting like a startled housewife (he's so dang cute I loves me some Pooh Bear) went to sleep ASAP and got up at 0745 to be at the home sales at 0900 to order my house! Whew! It's a 2007 double wide. The colors, which I'd already decided on, all changed for Fall/Winter and were brand new/out of the box. So I simply sipped my coffee, thought it through carefully and threw a mental DART at the sample board, picking wildly and possibly impulsively. True, I made some pretty drastic choices, but I think though odd, they'll be fine. I'm only second guessing my choices on the kitchen wallboard. It's a light marble look with some spidery veins of shiny gold and bronze. I'll be MORE than happy to show you all pictures, when they have it ready for me. They'll probably break ground on Monday. I'm very excited. I'm having it set in behind my "homestead" house. I've lived in the brick home since I was two. This will be bitter sweet. Especially if I decide to tear the old house down.

My diet has been non-existant, yet again. Crazy hours are no excuse to eat like this, but it happens every year. One of my coworkers is selling candy for his daughter: candy bars and (2) chocolate covered pretzel rods... a bargain at one buck! The brand is Sarris, dunno, might be a local company, but it's so good it's evil. EVERYONE is mad that it's here, but yet forking dollars, hand over fist to buy them, myself included. I even counted pennies out to get one, one night. Dang it!

I so want to get back in the swing of things. I'd even food journaled and counted points and made it nearly THREE DAYS OP! But well, with one little slip it all goes you know where in a hand basket. I don't even OWN a hand basket! We're gearing up for the three day/multi-family yard sale for the end of September. But that's going to be so much work! I'm already reduced to walking with a cane right now from my hip, leg and BOTH knee pain. I hope this passes and it's just from working so hard in the yard last week end. Grrr and double grrr.

I'd better get back to work. I just wanted to drop in and say hello since Lilion sent a search party out for me. Peace and Turtle Hugs to all who roost here. Welcome to our newest member. Great to meet ya I'm Mary, better known as Java Turtle
Old 09-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #20  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Good evening!

Dang it! I'm in that awful loop again, home from work so tired, sit down, fall asleep, get up, can't get tired, get to bed really late, tired all day, come home, fall asleep! Grrr....

Wow, this spinach thing is pretty scary. I personally eat a lot of this stuff and i'm only about an hour away from where 50% of the country's supply comes from.

Ladies, i'd like to make a recommendation. This is something i've been doing for quite a while now and find it even more critical in light of this incident.

As soon as I come home with my produce I first soak it in a Clorox (other types may have additives) solution of 1 tsp to 1 gallon of water. I just Googled it and it is actually being suggested to up that to 1 TBL to 1 gallon of water. Let it soak for 30 minutes (that kills any bacteria) and then transfer to a clean bath of water for 10 minutes. Rinse well, dry and refrigerate. I know that many also use this to do their frozen whole meats (not ground meats).

Valerie, I was sorry to see your "rant" in the other thread. They can be such "butts" at times. Maybe you standing up for yourself was just the thing he needed to get his act together! Don't look back, do what you have to do for yourself. As far as the pastor, there are a number of books out dealing with clergy and relationships. Maybe you could stear him in that direction if he's a bit reluctant?

Thin, would your son make a house call to California??

Lilion, Ooo, Loved that movie! Have fun at the SCA

4MeNow, on the 2 pounds, take all the good you can get!

Mother, No beating yourself up! Not allowed!

JavaTurtle, How exciting! I love doing that kind of stuff...colors and all...Just a suggestion on that "bargain" candy. Don't look at the dollars and cents it cost you, but the numbers on the scale. How much did it REALLY cost? Cheaper just to give them the purchase price.

Terri, I don't think I caught the promotion earlier, and Don't like those things that come with a hitch. Very cool on the cooking adventure! I had the opportunity to go river rafting and rock climbing with my company. Get this...I was the one holding the ropes for my regional supervisor! "What was the decision on my raise sir???" Oh, and got to love that little fart!

Barbara, i'm right there with ya on not wanting the managers position! To much grief. But always nice to know they want ya!

Angela, very cool on the lawyer, keep us posted!

Nessa!

Ok, my computer is making me paranoid, have to end this quick, have a good night!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:28 AM   #21  

Default Home again!

Hello everybody! How is life treating you? I am just plain tired!

My sister fell and almost broke her foot at the hospital while she was staying with Mom, so I have had my hands full. She is able to walk a bit better now, so we came home again. My Mom is a little better, she can get up by herself and use the walker, so that is good. Gad, I will be glad when they let her go home, if ever!

I had to come back and do my Dr. visit for myself. They haven't got my MRI set up yet, but probably this coming week. My Dr. is about 99% sure I am looking at open surgery. UGH! I just want to know what the mass is Or maybe I don't!

On the positive side, if there is one, I lost the ten lbs that I had gained back. I am in the twos again. I don't ever want to see the 3s again!

OOOOOO, I would try to do replies but I am so far behind.

Welcome to the newbies!

To all, Ruth
Old 09-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #22  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Have you ever noticed how fast you fall asleep once you hit the "snooze" button?? Why can't I do that at night??

Ruth, i'll keep you in my thoughts.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #23  

Hello Fabulous 40's!

There's a book in an ad on the right of my screen called "The Disposable Male". Shoot, I didn't know someone wrote my husband's biography.

This day flew by. I honestly do not know where the time went. Hate when that happens.

Now I'm ready for bed, but the living room looks like a tornado blew through it. It's amazing how messy it gets on the weekends when the husband is home. Can someone explain why his socks are in the middle of the living room floor? I didn't think so, LOL.

I've been reading all of your posts, trying to become familiar with the group. Please forgve me for not doing personals yet.

Well, I better get off the computer and start picking up this living room so I don't have to wake up to it tomorrow. Don't worry, those socks will be adressed. Oh, yes, they most certainly will.

Me
Him (before)
Me "addressing" the sock situation
Him (after)
Have a great night everyone!
Christine
Old 09-17-2006, 05:08 AM   #24  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

*sigh* im just having a tough food day today. i just ate a whole pint of icecream. im way over my points this week. im just frustrated with myself. instead of doing my homework, or going to the gym i just layed in bed all day. blah. i guess tomorrow is a new day.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:05 AM   #25  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Princess, don't get too down, today is a new day as you said.
We are going to the city, Missoula, and my challenge is to not give in to the lure of fast food. It's one of my oldest and horrible-est food things. There are grocery stores I need to go to though, so I plan on getting my lunch in the produce section. I will check in again when I get home to say how it went. Hope you all have a great day, bye!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #26  

Princess: I'm sorry you had a bad time of it. It's OK, you will get back on track. We are only human, but sometimes I think we expect too much. Like we have to be perfect Diet Soldiers and if we aren't we get really upset with ourselves. Just look at the present and the future. Drink extra water today and eat nutritional food that is good for you. Pamper yourself instead of beating yourself up. Do the opposite of what we usually do, which is to yell at ourselves. (((HUGS)))

Mother: Sounds like you have a good solid plan for your trip. Hope you have a good time.

It's going on 1 pm here and I haven't eaten yet. I meant to have breakfast, but was doing some cleaning up and lost track of time. I'm going to make a turkey sandwich on some great whole-grain bread with spicy hot mustard and sliced dill pickle. If I'm still hungry, I have some lentil soup here.

Not much else going on. Me and the husband are just hanging out watching TV.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Christine
Old 09-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #27  
banned

oops. musta been tired. i didnt mean to post in here... lol
Old 09-17-2006, 01:44 PM   #28  
banned

the mother - i LOVE missoula. i have a friend there. its a great little town!! try Pita Pit for something healthy!!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #29  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Thanks Princess for the Pita info. I think my son has been there. My younger son and middle daughter both live in Missoula. I like it there but am exhausted when I get home from the day.
I was unable to resist the lure of a cheeseburger. I confess. At least it was a wendys and not mcmcmc's. I have a higher opinion of wendys.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:08 PM   #30  
Hang In There

For those of you who have been around a while: 2Cute's sister passed away Friday night about 11:30 after a long hard illness. Please keep 2Cute and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
Closed Thread