Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #16  

Height: 5'8.5"

Talking Yay! She's here! She's here!!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! The FFM finally came and took one of my pounds away with her! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bye bye nasty old pound of fat!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #17  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys

Anninversary was nice . We DID however go off-plan. I don't think I did too much damage but was up a lb this am. No doubt due to sodium so I'll flush that away today We had rice, meatballs(homemade) and egg rolls. And split a piece of cheesecake. I'm OK with it cause normally we would have been WAY worse and that is what this is all about.

My housecleaner just arrived so I am going to go get her started then head off to my room. It is the only room that I don't have her clean so if I do it while she is here, then the whole house is shiny every weekend.

OOO oOOO I forgot! NSV here! I went to work yesterday with my tight jeans on. I got up for stretch break (our office does 15 min of stretching 2 times a day) and they nearly fell down. I can pull them on and off now without undo-ing the button

OK off to clean....personals after lunch!

Brenda
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #18  

Yay Brenda! Great NSV!!!

LOL I have been having a similar one. A lot of my cotton type pants... and my nice jeans... have stretch stuff in the waist and a string to tie. I have a habit of pulling out the strings because I don't need them. Well... LOL I have a pair of crop pants like that which I wear to work and I pulled out the string and have a hard time keeping up the pants! I am going to have to stop pulling out the strings and TIEing them! In fact yesterday I had to tie and untie the jeans when I went to the bathroom because I can no longer keep them up without tightening the tie at the waist!! Yay!

I am proud of you, Brenda! You keep it up!!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #19  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

OK... I'm going to be really shallow here. I know that many people have struggled lately, and I know that many of the NSVs are deep and meaningful, and I know that some of you have a way to go before you reach your goal... but I just HAVE to share my feelings about today.

I have had a truly great day. The shallow part is that it was clothes shopping that made it so wonderful. I NEVER believed that clothes shopping would make me this happy.

Basically, I decided to check out a shop that was having 15% off everything to see if I could find a pair of pants to wear with a top that I REALLY wanted to wear to the Slimmer of the Year luncheon. Well, first of all I found a pair and tried them on in a size 12 (US 8/10?). I also grabbed a skirt and another pair of jeans that were black and had some beautiful beadwork on them. I got the skirt in a 12, but the jeans in a 14, as the last time I tried on dark coloured jeans I needed the larger size. I tried on the skirt first and it would just meet at my waist, but wouldn't zip up, so I didn't have high hopes for the other things. Well, the pants were next and they were too large. The store didn't have a larger size, but they called around and a store closer to home had a pair. Next were the jeans and they were too big too. They called around for a pair of 12s, but there were none in the city at all. They were just SO gorgeous! Oh well.

Anyway, we went to pick up the dress pants, which looked FABULOUS! I wore the top I planned to match them with and the outfit just made me look SO good. Vain I know, but I felt really nice in them. I then found a pair of 3/4 length dark jeans with fancy bottoms, including some beadwork. They had a pair of 12s, but they were too big and I ended up needing the 10s!!! Obviously they were a VERY generous cut.

We went into the city centre for our walk along the river and a little wander. I saw the same store while we were wandering and I decided to just see if they had anything else. They had the black jeans with the fancy beadwork and on a whim I decided that I would try on the 10s. They fit!!!!! Oh... they look SO good on. VERY slimming. I tried them on with a few tops when I got home and paraded around in front of the mirror, checking myself out from all angles. I can't wait till Monday as I am going to wear them to work. Being black, it should be OK, even though I suppose they are officially 'jeans'.

So, I just wanted to tell you that I had a wonderful day, just feeling good about being able to buy clothes, in a normal store, in SMALLER sizes, and having them look simply fantastic. I'm not sure I have ever had that experience before. I've been able to get some nice clothes, but not ALL the kind I want and not ALL looking so good.

Many of you talk about when you were slim before, so this kind of experience may not mean as much to you, but for those of us who have NEVER been slim as an adult, this kind of thing is just something dreams are made of for many, many years. I actually feel like crying. With happiness that is. I truly finally believe that I have earnt today. I'm not sure how I can explain it. I managed to show my photos to everyone in the stores and they were so complimentary and so flabbergasted with my transformation. Then, when I saw myself in the mirror, looking all trim and terrific, I actually started to believe their comments about how good I was looking.

Ladies, today was the first day that I truly believe that I saw myself as others see me. That was such an eye-opener! I had worried that this moment would never come and I just so relieved that I may finally be getting over that 'problem'. I'm not sure that I will always see myself as others see me, and perhaps tomorrow I'll have another 'fat' day, but I will always have today to hang on to. And hopefully when I wear my new clothes on Monday, the feelings will come back to me.

I am thinking of having a fashion parade tomorrow and either getting hubby to take pics of me in my new outfits, or having him set up the camera with the remote so I can take my own pics. I'm sure the poor baby must be getting sick of taking my photo by now.

Anyway, I will post some individuals tomorrow I hope, but for now I am just wallowing in my vanity and feelings of pride in what I have done and how I look at the moment. However shallow that may be, I still intend to make the most of the moment.

Thank you to anyone who has made it through all of this. I'm not even sure I made sense part of the time, but I am not going to check it, as I just want to post it for all to see.

I honestly look forward to the days when each and every one of you have moments like this. I know you will get there, and I will be there smiling as I read about how good you feel.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 09-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #20  

Zelma.... I am so happy for you! And THIS is the place we can all come to share such things.

I can understand what you mean about feeling that it might be shallow so happy about clothes shopping... BUT remember that is NOT really what it is about! It is about the fact that you CAN do this and have worked so heard to EARN being able to wear the nice, skinny clothes!

You mentioned people who have never been slim as an adult it what dreams are made of. BUT for those who HAVE been slim as an adult, it is still just as much a dream to be there again! I HAVE been skinny as an adult and absolutely HATE being fat... that's why I will work so hard to get it off.

Anyway, I am SO happy for you and glad you are finally seeing the "skinny" Zelma the rest of us see! Congratulations!!! And thanks for sharing!
Old 09-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #21  
trying again!

Zelma~ I wasn't even skinny as an infant so I long for that feeling. Someday it will happen. And even if I don't reach the goals, I know that each day that I stick with it, each time I try again, I'll be happier and healthier. Congratulations on acheiving your dreams, and realizing how truly beautiful you really are

Brenda
Old 09-09-2006, 09:29 AM   #22  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Okay- I need a slap! I'm just really struggling the last few days with cravings. I know part of it is TOM, but i think a big part is that my nutrisystem food is almost gone, and it's picked through, only the foods i don't love are left, so I'm having more trouble sticking to that. my next order comes the 18th i think- so i have a little over a week left- I guess i need to develop a plan until that food comes- this order will be customized with all my favorites, so even at the end I will have plenty of things that i like left to chose from. Anway on to my confession- I went to sonic at 11pm last night. I hadn't eaten my snack or lunch meal for the day so I had roughly 500 calories available. I looked up sonic online and saw that the chicken poppers fell under that, but when i got there I also bought tater tots and a coke- so I think i went over- i hope not horribly- i haven't checked i don't think i want to know! Then I also drank smirnoff's (like beer), 2 of them, talk about empty calories. I hope damage won't be too horrible, although maybe if I gain a little I'll get the smack in the face i need to stop- but i don't want to gain. Please FFM give me one more chance!! (I'll probably need more later down the road, but for now, 1 more )

Good news- I measured last night- and total I've lost 21.5"! I wonder if that's correct, seeing as it's only been 4 weeks- but my finace used the same tape measure and we'd written down where we measured the first time, so i guess that's right- so as of now i've lost 21 pounds and 21.5 inches! I just hope I can re-focus my temptations and stop getting so close to the line....oh gosh, I'm just so frustrated at myself- hear I am doing so good and getting ready to blow it...
by the way, my finace is so great- i just have to brag about him real quick. I was changing into my pj's last night and he said " you know you really have lost a lot" I said thanks- but he could see my frustration. So he came up to me and held my chin and said "I mean it- i know it's tough and your doing really good. I'm so proud of you!" isn't he great- gosh i'm emotional today- tearing up again- what is with me ?

Angie- Thanks for the details on the treat meal- I’m thinking maybe some variation of that might help me. I’m going to keep trying without it first, and if I’m still struggling with temptation add a treat meal once a week.

Jen- I have the same problem- I am such an emotional eater- and I just don’t know what to do to get rid of the problem. It started when I was a little girl and my sister died. since then, me and food have had an incredible bond. Good for you throwing half down the drain—better than eating the whole thing!!!

Lilion- I think this is the week of bad eating for a lot of us. I know it’s been a hard week for me, but it looks like you came out okay, thanks to the weight watchers plan, which includes those flex points! At least you can just move on, knowing that for the week you are still OP!

Katt- I can’t wait to see pictures of your hair- it sounds fab!! Your days sounds fun- how I would love to custom build a home! And your trip to subway, while a treat, was a very reasonable one- It’s okay to have a treat now and then, and even better when we still eat something fairly healthy!

Holloweengirl- I can’t tell you how many times me and my finance have thought of running off to vegas and skipping the traditional wedding. His family is very catholic though- so that wouldn’t go over well with them- Plus, as much as I hate the idea of planning an elaborate wedding, I think I really like the idea of getting all beautiful and being the center of attention :blush:

Sharon- thanks- I’m not sure how I’m fitting everything in either. I’m not sure how long I’ll keep this pace up. I keep coming home with the intention of doing some sort of work and falling asleep instead. I’ve never been someone who could sleep during the day, so that means I’m REALLY TIRED. I hope my body can keep up- as I can’t afford to quit any one of those areas, they are all too important.

Misit- how exciting- your first water aerobics class! I can’t wait to hear how it went, I wonder how different it is from the shallow pool? Fill us in How great your church sounds. I’m not very religious, mainly because of horrible experiences with my family and religion (my parents are Jehovah’s Witnesses) so to hear something like that makes me smile- if I don’t hear it I have a hard time remember that religion can be a good thing on the visit from the FFM- 1 pound gone forever!!

Brenda- WooHoo- the tight jeans aren’t so tight anymore!! What a great NSV! I’m glad you had a good anniversary, and it sounds like you didn’t do badly on the eating, especially considering that it was a special occasion.

Zelma- your post was anything but vain- thank you! I don’t know what exactly it was- but what you said really hit me- I even started crying! I guess it just makes me feel so good to see you where you are at (I’m crying again…), you deserved that after all your hard work-being able to really appreciate what you’ve achieved. It just really hit me personally because for me the experience you had is just what I’m waiting for, the day that I can feel like a “Normal” adult and buy what I like. it’s not that I don’t look good, people (strangers even) stop me all the time to say that I’m beautiful. But I can’t help but think, do they say that because they see beauty but really because they want to make the fat girl feel good? Stupid I know….but anyway- thank you for sharing- and you deserved that moment- I hope you never forget that feeling- you worked so hard for it!

Okay ladies- i'm actually at work right now- so I guess I better get at it- seeing as I've been sitting here about an hour typing my frustrations away- thanks for listening(reading)! have a good day!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

I am so angry right now. This is totally off topic except for the fact all I want to do is EAT. To cut a long story short my mum lives in Australia, as does my brother who is a user, waste of space, drug taking, jerk! 6 months ago he turned up at mums saying he needed a temp place to stay, tops 5 weeks. Mum said ok but that he had to go after that coz her lease doesn't allow her to have people living with her, and she is on a pension which would be effected too with having him there. 6 months on and he is still there. He is 39, does nothing around the house, pays nothing towards his keep, won't get a job, won't get benefits, won't move out. Last week he told mum the only way he would go is if she got the police. She did. They REFUSED to put him out coz it would make him homeless!!!!!!! Forget the fact she is scared of him, forget she can't even afford to clothe herself as she has lost so much weight none of her clothes fit her, forget she is paying all his bills and he pays her nothing. They won't make him leave. I am fuming, and wish to God I hadn't spent so much money in London coz I just want to get on a plane and go over there and do what I can to get the a**hole out. I DO want to eat like a pig, I feel so useless over here. BUT I am not letting him ruin my life too, so I am not resorting to food. Instead I have emailed the police over there and am waiting to hear what they have to say. Sooo, that said, now to completely change the subject and answer some posts

Zelma - I am THRILLED for you that you finally can see how beautiful and slim you look It wasn't shallow at all to feel so great after shopping, nor was it wrong to come here to tell us about it. We are all thrilled for you I am sure, and also we know we have that feeling to look forward to ourselves one day. Well done my friend, be proud, you deserve it

Patti - addictive isn't the word for games on the DS, boy oh boy, I am so hooked I even got Daren to go online to find out what to do at the level I was at because I was stuck LOL. I am actually nearly finished the game, but now I know better what to do I am going to start a new character as soon as I can, lol. Glad you are enjoying Spyro.

Kimberly - by the time I got to read this thread today there were two posts from you, one saying how you were having a much better day, another saying you had been a bit naughty with your food choices and a couple of drinks. That's the problem with trying to stay OP, things can change so quickly. I am just so glad that you got to measure yourself and saw how many inches you have lost, that is fabulous and a wonderful incentive to you to keep on track. Your fiance sounds a real keeper too, I am glad he managed to cheer you up and is so supportive of you.

You sounded so emotional in your last post, I hope you will be ok,

Angie - sounds like you have it really under control the way you still stay within a certain calorie range even on your treat day. I would love to be able to do what you are, but I am afraid that I am just not strong enough to stop once I get started on treating myself. So for now I will just stick to being a diet angel. That said, on WW I can eat what I want anyway, just have to count the points. At the moment I prefer to eat many times throughout the day, so all my meals are low in points, but if I do want a big meal with lots of points I will do that and just be very careful with only eating twice more in the day. That will happen as my tummy gets smaller I think.

I might have asked this already, but where in Vegas did you get married? I got married in November and it was quite hot then, well by UK standards. During our holiday Daren and I were wearing t'shirts whereas the local people were wrapped up warm LOL.

Kenya - 13 days to go and counting

Jen - so sorry you had such a horrible day. How rude of that guy at the dump to yell at you. You should report him, there is no need for that. As for the people in the church saying you are disturbing a bible study group just because you were walking your dog, well that's just wrong. If the dog was chasing birds and barking, fair enough, but sheesh, sounds like everybody had a mood on yesterday in your neck of the woods.

I don't blame you for buying some icecream. Don't feel bad about eating it, be proud that you threw half of it away. Also you are one step closer to not reaching for the comfort food again, so it's not all bad

Lilion - please tell me that you were joking when you said you ate fried gizzards? That sounds gross I commend you for starting off with good intentions when you wanted to order the shrimp, woops about the other choices though lol. It's good that when you worked it all out you hadn't really done too badly after all. Thank goodness for flex points huh!

Heather - mmm, coconut butterscotch choc chip things, don't know what they are, but they sound delicious and I am sure I wouldn't have been able to resist them either

Katt - my hubby isn't everybody's idea of a hunk either, which is good coz I would hate to have women trying to snatch him from me But I know what you mean about being married to your soul mate, it's a wonderful feeling isn't it.

I can understand you telling your dad to cut his losses so that he doesn't have to stress out about the house etc. He is lucky to have a caring daughter like you and I am glad you are helping him sort things out. I keep nagging my mum, especially now, to move back here so I can look after her, but she just won't do it. I wish she would Anyway, good idea taking photos of the stages as your dad's house is being built, I look forward to seeing them.

That's so cute how your doggy loves to swim and battles to get back in as soon as you get him out of the river. Well that definitely answers mine and Val's question about how good a swimmer they are

Your new hair cut and colour sounds lovely, hope you did get Scoot (cute name) to take your photo so we can all see your new look!

How are your two poorly kids now, I hope they are feeling much better now. I bet you are looking forward to getting some sleep after missing so much last night.

Halloweengirl - well a wedding is a wedding wherever you have it isn't it I am sure the ceremony will go beautifully and I can't wait to see photos! I hear you on saving money and spending it on other things in Vegas, are you going to try your hand in the Casino? Daren and I were chicken, we just played the slot machines lol, and then only when we had some change spare lol. I couldn't believe how cheap the food was over there though, especially the casino buffets. Definitely not dieters heaven, lol, hope you can control yourself around all that lovely food

Sharon - oh no, not a black eye to add to your sore knee and recovering ankle. Hmm, has anybody ever said you are accident prone Seriously I am sorry you ended up with a teletubbie in the face, and that poor Gareth got so upset when you cried.

Good for you for going for walks, it's as good an exercise as any and it must be paying off considering you have lost that last pesky lb, yay. Fingers crossed that you lose another one just for good measure in time for your official WI.

Yep weight and sizes are weird, but like you said, I will get into those size 20s one day. I will be very curious what weight I will be then though.

Misti - I am really looking forward to hearing how your water aerobics went. how fantastic that the FFM heard your cries for her to come back and she visited again. Another lb gone is awesome

Brenda - ah another fantastic NSV. I love it when clothes get loose, and in your case, nearly fell off You are doing so well, you should be so proud of yourself.

I am glad you enjoyed your anniversary, and that you realise that although you ate more than you planned, it was still so much better than what you would have eaten pre diet. Well done

Well I guess I can't put it off any longer, I have to go exercise now. Maybe I can burn off some anger at my brother while I am burning off the calories.

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #24  

Thanks for letting me rant yesterday! I hate it when I have no self control.

Zelma - I think it's wonderful you are finally seeing what everyone else does! I also have never, EVER, been slim and will never wear a size 10 - that's about an 8 in US sizes, right? Because I'm just too "big" - 5'10" and big framed, but I hope some day to be a US 12 or even a 14. I walk by this one dress shop every day that I have never set foot in, because I know they don't sell larger than a 14. I SO want to go in there, pick something off a rack and walk out with it! Good for you!

Sharon (and Ammi) - Yes...Gizzards are what a chicken grinds up food with! It's a southern thing. But you can't fool me...I've heard of Steak and Kidney pie! Of course, that doesn't mean YOU eat it...but I know other people over there do! Funny how some innards are acceptable and others not, huh?

Kim - Sounds like you had the same sort of food-night I did! I'm sure it'll be find for both of us! But 60 minutes on an eliptical! I do 13 and I'm wiped out! Way to Go!

Ammi - It does feel really good to be in the 18's again...even if they are tight. I'm quite sure you'll be there too. It is easier for me to drop sizes than it is for most of you ladies, because I am so tall. Even though I started out at 328 lbs, I was wearing about a 24-26. Keep in mind too, I think your sizes run at least one smaller than ours...so it's more like I'd be squeezing into a 20 there. You are doing so well and should be so proud!
'
Brenda! I WANT A HOUSEKEEPER! I'm incredibly jealous!

Misti - So glad that pesky pound is gone and hope he took lots of his friends!

Alice - I think you deserve major kudos for dumping that ice cream! For that matter, for not eating the entire carton! I don't think I've ever purchased a pint of Ben & Jerrys without eating the entire thing in one setting! So don't feel too bad - I think you've shown some serious willpower.

Well all, feeling a little better about myself today, but I'll really have to be careful now the rest of this week... not easy since I'm supposed to have dinner with one of two friends this week. Not sure if I'll make either and now almost hope I don't. On the one hand...one is an old friend who is now on WW and would totally understand and we could eat something OP, but for various reasons I'm not totally looking forward to getting together with her. The other is my best friend, but she is completely unsupportive! She fully intends for us to go out for drinks and something fattening - which I'd have done if I had all my flex points. She is the one of the three of us who needs to watch her diet most, she's diabetic and I'm sure she's going to die of it since I don't think she pays ANY attention to it at all. So as much as I love her I know diet-wise, the night will be awful! Maybe I can get one of them to do Applebees and eat off the WW menu.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #25  

AMMI i cant those police wont put him out. ! dont let this make you back slide cuz people like that arent woth it. just have your mom keep at the police til they finally do something.!
yep today is the dau i will have to explain to my hubby just why i bought the DS.. OOPs! . i had very good reasons for getting it .. the number one being that when he is home he hogs the tv and i dont get to play my beloved games lol.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #26  
trying again!

Lilion~ Well, she charges $13.00/hr and brings her own supplies. Let me tell you, I get her for 4 hrs every week and it is SO worth it!!! Great thing is that she is just young and uses ALL her money to try to pay off her student loans. Then all I have to do is maintain a semi clean house till thursday. After that, it can get dirty again *L* I know she will do a great job on Saturday.

Brenda
Old 09-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #27  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Work is just so boring today- a welcome break though- I just wish the 1 group I had would hurry up and be done so I can have my saturday back. Just talked to my fiance and he's in a horrible mood. He went to pick up his son (he's 6 years old) and his son didn't want to come, and was crying and hanging on his step-dad. Talk about a kick in the heart. He took him anyway- because his ex wants the break, but he can't figure why his son wouldn't want to come, and would rather stay with his step dad. Then to top it off, both of his front tires went flat. I think there must be something bad in the air over hear in grapevine, tx- cause this day is just wierd. I'm emotional as all get out, and franky (his son) loves his father! Oh, what a day...and maybe it's more than me, ammi you are having quite a day too!

Ammi- I am so sorry hon about the situation with your brother! I know you must feel so helpless at home, but maybe you can do something by talking the police. They can’t ignore the situation forever. You are doing the right thing by not letting it get the best of you- and if you’re at all like me a workout when your angry is the best thing- you can knock the **** out of your problems! You are right- one moment I think things are going great and the next- total disaster. I need to get this rollercoaster undercontrol! thanks for the hugs- I am super emotional today- I don’t know why but even now I feel like I could just start crying, and I’m not really upset about anything. I wonder if it is just because I am tired.

Lilion- Good luck with the dinners- I have the same problem. Whenever any of my friends wants to get together it means food- and lots of it- and its total crap, always! I’m finding myself turning down more and more invites just to try and control the eating! Applebee’s sounds like a good solution, because they can eat their crap, but you don’t have to!

toofatforu- I missed it somewhere along the lines I guess- what is it that you have to tell your husband you bought? DS? I can’t figure what that means- but it sounds like you had good reasons for getting it, no matter what it was !
Old 09-09-2006, 12:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Lilion - hmm for a lady who says she has no self control you must have done something right to have lost 87 lbs I know what you mean though, it is baffling sometimes when we have been doing so well that we can just go nuts sometimes with what we eat.

Doesn't it suck having friends who aren't supportive when you are dieting! That friend of yours that really should be watching her own weight because of her diabetes is just silly. It's so important for her to be careful, and yet she seems to be one of the ones encouraging you to go off plan when you go out with her

Patti - do you really think it would help for mum to keep on ringing the police? From what they said it's like legally he has a right to be there, though how is beyond me. I look forward to hearing what they say if they email me back. It certainly is a worry.

As for hubby and the DS, you know what else you can say to help your argument? If he let you play games on the PC you wouldn't have needed the DS when he hogs the TV

Brenda - wow that's not much to pay for your house cleaner is it? If I could get one that cheap here I might be sorely tempted to get one. Still I guess it's good exercise for me

Kimberly - Does Franky's step dad like having him around? Or does he dislike your fiance? I only ask because I have visions of him saying something to Franky like, I'll take you out for an icecream etc, and then saying, oh yeah, but your dad's coming for you, so I can't. Franky loves his dad, so I can't see why he wouldn't want to go with him unless something like that happened? Step families and all that go with them aren't easy things unfortunately. I am sorry your fiance had his heart hurt, and I feel that you are hurting for him

I am sorry you are still feeling so emotional, you aren't pregnant are you?? Maybe like you said, you are just tired. Well whatever the cause, I hope you are feeling much chipper soon.

Thanks for your comments about my brother. It's going to be expensive but I am going to call mum daily to check she is ok, and then if I don't get any response from my email to the police I will be ringing them too. I can't sit back and do nothing. Mum is 73 and not well, she shouldn't be having to put up with my brother's rubbish. I did my work out and pictured my brother's face in front of my Gazelle Rider, he sure got a few kicks in the head by the time I was done

By the way a DS is Nintendo DS, a hand held gaming console

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Zelma -- I LOVED reading your post! I am hopefully headed where you are. I am not there yet, but starting to get inklings of what you are feeling, and I am so excited... for you AND for me AND for this potential in all of us!! Thanks for sharing that inspirational post. I can start to believe there might be a day when I see myself as not fat (course, I have to get there first!)

Kim -- Days like this are going to happen. My only advice is to "own" what you ate -- fess up to yourself and then move on!

Ammi -- Family troubles you can't do anything about -- VERY stressful. I've had those issues cause me to want to eat too. I have learned that exercise DOES make me feel better and I know that while I WANT to eating, eating actually makes things worse in the long run (the guilt and having to deal with what I did to my body).

So, other than getting the FFM on a mission down there to get rid of your brother, I can't do much to help. But I DO sympathize!!!!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #30  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

wow! i can't keep up with you guys... how do you do it?
Closed Thread