Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#1000!!!

WOW, something to celebrate!
1000 Threads since this little corner of the Board's inception in July 2000!
With an average of 30 posts a thread, that's 30,000 times we've chatted. How COOL!

Here's to all who are here today as well as those who have passed through in the last 6 YEARS!

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #2  

Thats Alot Of Chatting Going On! I Was Just Wondering If Any One Has Heard From Kayleystar Lately?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

First of all . . . WOW the 1000th thread! That is definitely something to celebrate! That's a lot of !

I am having a strange afternoon. I have this weird sense of foreboding that I just can't shake. Not sure what it is, but something just seems wrong. Oh well. Either it will go away or something will happen. I don't know if there is much I can do about it.

There are so many things I want to say on personals, but just don't have the time. I am pretty busy at work right now. Maybe I will get some time tonight, but it is doubtful since we are cleaning the house in prep for a visit from my BF's family tomorrow. Anyway, just wanted to check in.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Talking

Happy 1000th thread! !! !!

YES everyone once I get lots of happy face stickers on my weight loss chart I'll take a pic of it! I got the idea from another poster on the board (I mean poster = person). ANYTHING to give me more motivation, I figure. I've even started saving for a swimming pool now, so that when we can actually buy a house, I can (hopefully) get a pool. If it doesn't work out that way at least I'll have the money to put into the house. That won't be a few years until my husband retires from the military and we get a permanent place to live.

Misti- sorry to hear your WL isn't great these last few days but I guess I was more referring to the stall you were having a few weeks back and then you lost a bunch. I bet you're due soon so just hold out. You've lost 60 already so it will keep coming!

I see there are a couple of people here having a visit from the snack monster. That will happen now and then with all of us but don't let it get you down. It's better to just keep on truckin. I have the once a week treat meal and that seems to keep me from wanting to do it throughout the week. It works for me but I think it wouldn't work for everyone.

So I am having a pretty happy day! My hormones seem to be in check (meaning the evil one who comes once a month is gone) and I lost 2.5 pounds this week so woo wooo hoooooo! I am happy! I'm one more pound away from 25 and then I'll be taking my first progress pics. I wish now that I had gotten a scale from day 1, but I was afraid at first, and waited about 2 weeks. I think I'll take progress photos every 25 pounds.. ? I don't see a lot of difference yet but I _feel_ much more able to get around, I'm feeling great!

I hope everyone has a great day and tomorrow is FRIDAY! yay! it's payday for me!

~ Angie
Old 09-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #5  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Wyllen- I can't wait until the day I truly like "the new me" I am still so very happy and proud of you
Old 09-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Kenya - that is an awesome story. we arent going until february, but i cant wait, seriously. i want to go now. hopefully.... things will go well. i mean, he wants to go right, with my friends. so thats a start. also, congrats on almost 100 lbs lost. that is an amazing feat. what program are you doing?

ammi - its funny that you mention "is he gay" i get that a lot. he has a lot of feminine charms - if you will. but im pretty convinced hes not gay.

today has been a good day. on point so far, planning side dishes for my lamb chops for tonight. i got a call from a casting agency today. they wanted to know if i was interested in doing a "nude look" picture. basically i would be wearing flesh colored clothes, but it would look nude. i would be done up all goth, and they would only be taking a picture. it would air on MADtv. they want to pay me 400.00. i told them yes. i should hear back in a few hours if i was actually chosen. *crosses fingers*

ok, gotta get back to work. i will let you know what happens...

happy 1000 thread.

Luan
Old 09-07-2006, 08:16 PM   #7  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Oh I forgot Happy 1000 thread!

Oh Luan-- I think that is so cool with the casting agency calling. my fingers are crossed for you. I switch my plans about every three months or so. I am back to the South Beach program now. i usually go back and forth between 2-3 plans. Much of what I do is still calorie counting.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #8  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

HAPPY 1000TH EVERYONE!!

Ammi - Thanks hun ... yes very happy to have Richard thru the week rofl ... funnier is my hunnys real name is Richard rofl ... cant see him discoing any time soon tho!

Luan - OMG .. NOT LAMB!!! My babies .. will cover their ears and eyes so they will never know rofl ... WTG on how youre doing .. and your hun (hopefully) is a babe too! Great news about the casting agency too!! Wow .. lots of positives on your horizon!!

Wish I could write more but I have to get back to cleaning ... incredibly enough I have been going most of the day and Im not really tired as I would usually be! Just have to get in the washing, remake the beds, do the vaccuuming (hate spelling that word .. rarely get the darn thing right) and by then it will be time to feed the lambs again!

And best news is that my hunny is coming home tonight! Very happy about that He has lost enough weight on Jenny Craig that he is now on 5 days rather than 7 with their menu so this weekend I get to cook regular food for him (got a bunch of mushrooms for him cos he loves those .. when I cook em anyway .. funny they taste nice tho as Im allergic to them and cant taste to see if they are ok lol).

The plans are moving ahead for building a house at the back of our property for dad .. its not gonna be a big one .. .more like a cottage, but its gonna have 2 bedrooms and 2 decks ... and its a log look cabin too (dad has always wanted a log cabin!) .. now we just have to jump thru all the hoops with the bank for the mortgage now (yuck!) .. with luck we may actually have it finished for XMas! But depends on how much work they have on really.

Have a great OP day everyone .. just had to get in on the 1000 post .. wow .. thats a LOT of gabbing!! rofl .. Great work everyone and keep it up .. wow .. see that total we lost for August!! OMG .. that is INCREDIBLE!!

HUGGIES
Old 09-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

KIMBERLY – I’m trying to keep in mind your analogy of ‘Eat like a King in the morning…” That’s pretty good advice, but so far it’s 1 p.m. and I’m at about 400 cals. I think I should aim to get at least 600, or better 700, by noon. Right now, just not hungry, but I have my next meal planned when I’m ready: cod stuffed with broccoli & cheese. Yum.

XENA – leaving Buster sounds like the MOST stressful part of the deal. My boys have never been kenneled either. I’ve been lucky to have friends take care of them. I know he’ll be lonely and worried while you’re gone, but he’ll be o.k. The folks who work those places are usually really nice and will be sweet to him, I’m sure. He won’t be in there too long, and he’ll just be really happy to have you home again. Enjoy your fab concert!

HEATHER – Nope, can’t have chocolate in the house. No such thing as ‘one’ square of chocolate for me. On the other hand, oddly, I had only half an Atkins ‘low glycemic impact’ coconut bar tonight. I adore coconut, but didn’t realize the thing had NO nutrients in it until I opened the wrapper, and I’m not even tempted to finish it off. Oooo. This is too weird.

LILION – Wear that I.M. out! Just keep at it. You worked the time up really well the last time you conquered that thing ya can do it again!

MISTI – Your doc sounds truly wonderful. Nice that you let her know it, too. That salsa chicken dish you gave the recipe for went so quick that my housemate didn’t even get a chance to taste it. She wants to make it for her salsa-crazy sister. * Wonderful about that scale heading back down. You’ll have that next four off soon, I’m sure!!

ZELMA – You have a point about the late eating. I just indulged in an 8 pm nutritional shake. My girlfriend just retired to her room with 2 bags of chips and a bowl each of salsa and sour cream. Gee, do ya s’pose there’s a difference??? We tend to eat late suppers here, but what I chose to make is probably the key. I just made dinner for DH – Cod fish with broccoli & cheese filling (150 cals) and lots of asparagus. But he’s not headed for bed yet. * I’ve discovered in the past that 10-20 minutes on the treadmill right before bed helps burn those overnight cals, too. I know a lot of people say that keeps them awake, but I take a quick hot shower and I pass out feeling good… Not that I’ve done it lately, but I have been trying to get a little p.m. exercise in. * What fun about the article! That top is lovely and flattering – a great choice!

KATT – sounds like in spite of those chocolates that you’re really getting it together. Great job doing the RS video for so long, and on planning those meals ahead of time!

VOODOO – Hang in there, my friend! Once you get that evil TOM gone, things will fall into place. You’re right, there’s no other choice, but you’ll make it thru these challenges.

PATTI – Good job on banging those re-gained pounds right back off!! That’s the boat I’m in, but I still have 4 more to go.
Now AMMI, I hadn’t thought of that – swimming back across the lake! …Can dachshunds swim??? I bet not as fast as they can trot!

HOLY SMOKES, there are SO many successful people here that disagree with the No-Food-After-6 rule. Perhaps the rule should just be for the junk snacking, you know, curling up with a movie and a quart of ice cream or a family size bag of chips & dip? But then again, that ice cream and chip thing is out of the plan at any time of the day. THAT DOES IT, OPRAH – I’m not listening to YOU when the 3FC girls tell me otherwise!!!

NANCY – I hope by the time you read this that your foreboding feeling has past. I get those once in a long while and it makes me so jumpy I just want to snap at everyone and peel my skin off. Have a nice visit with the almost-in-laws.

ANGIE, you said “That will happen now and then with all of us but don't let it get you down. It's better to just keep on truckin.” NOT ME! Truckin IS what gets me down!! HaHa! * Grrrrrrrreat Job on the 2.5 and being just a hair’s breadth away from your 25 pound mark!!! That’s wonderful!

LUAN, AWESOME that the casting company called you! That’s wild!

Oh my stars, it’s late! Forgive me if you read Old Hens too, because I’m just going to copy my day from that post so that I can get to bed:

Today was a wonderful day. I got my first 3 Secret Shopper jobs (which I'd tell ya 'bout, but then I'd hafta kill ya), I got a new riding student (one that will actually pay cash), I had TWO real live actual full-length communications with - yes! - my husband!!! Bill is going to give me $$$ for clothes & food, we got the issue of his daughters wedding pretty well settled, I said what I really needed to say about the $200 jumper cables, I got to play horsies, I met a new friend, I managed to get both OBG and eye dr appts for next Mon/Tues (while I still have insurance), my cals are at 1600 again (even with half of an Atkins low glycemic impact coconut bar), I had a 20 minute walk in the sand this evening (in addition to my a.m. workout), my BMI is down a couple more points since January, I got a check for $200 for back lease money on my horse, and I had another particular financial concern settled. Oh yeah, and while I was laying on the kitchen floor searching the back of the cupboards for the elusive pieces of the blender to mix diet drinks, Barb (housemate) came home and said "Look what one of my customers gave me." It was a small, handy, one piece, easy to clean blender gadget that works GREAT! Phooey on the blender!

Now, if someone else would just do the dishes.

HAPPY 1000th THREAD EVERYBODY! On to the next 1000!!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #10  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Happy 1000th thread everybody!! I've haven't been here for more than what, the last 20, but still it's exciting to me! anyone been here since #1? Now that would be a lot of typing....

Today was pretty horrible--don't want to complain, but can i? first off, once i started moving around i descoverd that I had hurt my knee yesterday. That'll teach me for dancing like a skinny girl! I think i've worked out now- but I have to remember that I'm jumping with 379 pounds, & on a knee that had surgery a year ago! oh well...bad part of day #2- I ate breakfast at 4:45a and lunch...3:30p yeah- almost a 11 hours later. I was so busy at work I hadn't sat down even once in 11 hours- I have needy demanding clients this week, and a lot of them!!! So at 3:30 (end of day) I drove to sonic and ordered a double cheeseburger. While I was waiting I though what are you doing- does this really make your bad day better? so I called and cancelled my order and went home and made a salad. so that was good- but what a struggle- I just like to eat bad when I'm frustrated, and I was flat out Pi**ed off!! Finally I was supposed to do some homework before class and instead I fell asleep- thankfully that didn't hurt me any, but I can't remember that last time I fell asleep at a computer. Ok- I'm done complaining and determined to have a better day tomorrow- starting with a good nights sleep- I'm just exhausted!

Ziggy- it’s great that your doctor noticed a change in you-even if she didn’t know exactly why! If I’m correct you are just starting, so to have noticed a change in the beginning is not just about weight loss but about the healthier look you’ve probably already started having- congrats- that’s a great NSV!

Sharon- don’t you just hate TOM? It messes me all up to- I think this is the first time in my life I’ve succeeded in losing weight with TOM! Keep your chin up, and just wait for next week- where you know everything will be better 

Ammi- I love your positive attitude- not feeling great- but you exercised because if you get truly sick you won’t be able to! I admire that, as I would probably use it as an excuse! I hope you don’t get sick though- the exercise may have helped your immune system fight whatever your feeling coming.

Heather- Yeah!!! How great that everyone is noticing your loss! I’m sure you do have an extra spring in your step- partly from the joy and also from less weight  Oh- I just can’t wait to be in your place! Wow- okay- so I was way off about eating late- I swear my dietician told me that. Although it was a while back- maybe that’s a newer piece of info that I never got updated on. I’m so happy- I eat way late all the time, and usually beat myself up about it, so now I can relax a little 

Angie- on being down- almost 25 pounds! Question- you mentioned something about a treat meal- what do you do, I wonder if something like that might help me deal with cravings. Just curious, I’m afraid to “allow” leaving my plan for even one meal, maybe it will start a dangerous trend….but I’d be curious to know what you do.

Luan- how cool about the picture-I’m crossing my fingers for you!

Katt- I love the idea of a log cabin!! That will be so nice for you dad- and to have it done by xmas!! What a perfect present! Sounds wonderful- I’ve always thought that would be my ideal home.

Valerie- I guess don’t pay too much attention to what I said and about the King, Prince, Pauper thing- it sounds like my dietician was behind the times, or just long enough ago that now I’m behind- from what I’ve read on the threads most everyone eats late, although I’m sure it can’t hurt to keep calories lower towards the end of the day.

Good night- sleep tight! Or goodmorning to the other side of the globe!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

well the casting people did not call back - such is life in hollywood.

Katt - SORRY!! Plug thier little ears. sorry, they are so tasty!!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #12  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Kim - I just have to say WOW!!! Cancelling a fast food order after having made it and going home for a salad is FANTASTIC!!!! I am so impressed. Sorry you had such a bad day, but now you know you have the strength to make those tough choices even when things are bad. It is so true that eating badly never makes anything any better.

Luan - Your guy is a cutie! I love the new pic. Sorry you didn't get the part.

That's all I have time for tonight. It is off to bed with me!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

1000 THREADS!!!!!
Nancy, I HATE those 'bad feelings' we sometimes get, often nothing bad happens, but on those odd times it does.... well 'creepy' is the only way to describe it! Have you thought about what day it is, the date 9/8? Maybe you are subconsciously worrying about 9/11? Hope you feel calmer soonxxxx
Heather, I forgot to say BIG CONGRATS on being MEDIUM!! It's been 20+ years since I was there, in my teens!!!!! I'm sure all those compliments are WAY better than any cake/chocolate/chips/takeaway!!!!!!!!xxxx
Valerie, glad the $$$$ are going your way!!!! I hope you get lots of new students, why did you leave the truck, I think I missed some posts? Hope you are sucessful in your teaching and make lots more$ than you ever did on the truck, after all you'll be getting more exercise & better food choices too.xxxx
Xena, sorry you dog has to go in kennels, isn't there anyone you know who could take him? But as Valerie (?) said people who work in kennels love animals, they certainly don't do it for the money, lol.xxxx
Luan, the guy looks pretty cute! Sorry the 'nude' job went to someone else, at least they called you.xxxx
Ami, the tablets help a bit but I seem to seesaw between ok, happy and pi**ed off still, though the downs are not half as bad as before. Wonder what you'll lose on MOnday??? It won't be long before you're lighter than me, I really have to use those exercise dvds you sent me, lol!!!xxxx
Gotta take Gareth to schoool, oh btw I'm STILL UP 1lb from going on holiday even though I'm totally OP, sob.
xxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 09-08-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:32 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew, I get tied up at work for one day, and I feel like I've missed so much! WOOHOO for Thread 1,000!!!

I stuck to it and went for a walk again yesterday after work, so that's 3 days so far this week. I'll go out again either today or tomorrow, and I'll get my 4 for the week. If nothing else, it just makes me feel less lazy and, therefore, less guilty

I apologize that I haven't been having much time for personals--I'm usually posting in the wee hours of the morning before heading out to work now since I've actually been busy while at work
Old 09-08-2006, 06:30 AM   #15  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Good morning ladies!

Not much has happend since I posted last- i slept, that's it. But I am in a much better mood and determined that today will be a much better day! How could it not be?

Jill, it's great how good your doing sticking to your plan to walk- you'll be feeling the results for sure For me, excercise makes me feel so good about myself- unlike dieting- I feel an immeadiate thrill from what I've accomplished!

Have a great day ladies
Closed Thread