Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #31  
Releasing the inner hiker

Hello all,

Can't really stay too long, but I wanted to say hello and praise all the losers!

Misti, thank you for the recipes that you posted. I'm really hoping to start cooking more.

I think I overestimated how many exercise minutes I'll be able to do this month. I am getting home so late with tons of work to do before bedtime. I managed to get 30 min in today, but finding time has been hard. I hate that excuse, by the way. However, I get up at 4:30am, leave by 5:30am, and am out of the house until 6:30pm, with a good 3 hours of grading/planning to do in addition to making dinner and the following day's lunch after I get home. I'm averaging less than 6 hours of sleep (usually 5.5) and am hating it.

Anyway. Another late night awaits...must go post exercise minutes and then get to work. I hope everyone does well tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #32  

Valerie~Thanks. The pics were taken in June. And the snow is pack ice out on the arctic ocean. The ocean for the most part unfreezes. But there is always ice out there a few miles out.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Valerie -- I know what you mean about wanting to hoard calories for later in the day... it took a while, but I am learning to trust myself more all the time... Give yourself the time to learn about yourself and how YOU operate.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #34  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Boy do I have a lot to say!! but to start take a look at my ticker!!!! I'm down 3.5 pounds since friday- even with my slipups and TOM!!!! I don't usually weigh until Friday, but decided that I had to check on the damage done, and so far, it's quite the opposite...yeah!

Also- I had a couple great moments tonight. I did my hip hop class (like normal) and usually there are a few moves that I just can't do, so I modify and make them hip&sexy in my own way. Not tonight! There was even a move (and I may not describe this right) where you jump in the air, and while in mid-air you kick your right leg out, and land facing the other direction. When I saw it, I though no freaking way!! and then I did it!! I did it every single time we went through the routine which is maybe 50x! Then after class the instructor came up to me and said "girl- you were on it tonight! you and your sexy skinny self!" i couldn't believe that my instructor who I see once a week had noticed I lost weight!!! I am on cloud 9 (maybe 10) tonight!!

Jill- you're right- eating without realizing it is exactly how I got here, I just didn't comprehend how deeply ingrained that was in me until today! Good job walking! Just think, one day you'll be like misti hitting victory poles instead of huffing and puffing!!!!

Lillion- I wouldn't be surprised if that 1 pound you gained was simply water weight from eating saltier foods- don't sweat it- one pound gain on vacation is not bad at all! As far as the # of overweight people in US you are right, i see it everywhere now, and I can't help but wonder who can we blame besides ourselves? i'd really like to find someone else to blame!

Ammi- I'm trying to think how to describe pound cake, besides yummy. I guess it just like a loaf of bread only sweet- it has a lot of sugar and can have all kinds of flavoring- basic is vanilla extract, but there is chocolate, mocha, pound cake icecream sandwiches, etc. Any way- I am now going to have to be more careful of what I do subconsciously. I just feel better to know that I'm not the only one who's done it

Heather- Yes- I need to add Concsiousness (sp?) to my plan-- I can't believe I did that- but it could have been worse, the spinach alfredo pizza i've been craving this week! How exciting to be able to wear a medium!! Who cares if it's not all mediums- a medium is a medium!!!!!

Luan- on being down almost 2 pounds!!

Valerie- I'm glad you didn't get all the way up there on your walk to find you had to turn around!! I can't imagine the dread I would feel- stick to that map you got Good work on the calories- you are just about there!!! I know what you mean about wanting to save calories for later in the day- but actually it's healthy to eat less as the day progresses. My nutristionist once taught me a saying to help me remember " Eat like a king in the morning, a prince in the afternoon, and a pauper in the evening!" you've got the right idea- not eating after 6- keep it up! Not saying I'm good at it as I just ate dinner at 8:30p- not one of my strenghts!

Michelle- on the 30 minutes of walking! Don't you feel great now that you've done it? I never really want to work out, but I try to remember that feeling (the one I have now) after I've had an awesome workout. I feel so proud, and I don't know what the word...elated I guess- true satisfaction in something i've done! Keep it up- and when you don't want to just remember how great you felt today!

Jen- don't be too hard on yourself- if your goal seems to high just keep at it, and re-evaluate your goal for next month. As far as sleep goes- not that this will make you happy about your lack of sleep- but a new study says that it is actually healthy to sleep 6-7 hours a night, that to sleep more is not healthy- i still wish i could have 8 though, healthy or not!

Well- I've gotta run! keep it up ladies! Goodnight!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #35  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

STOP,
don't post here.

Follow us over to #999
Closed Thread