Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #31  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Luan - I have a feeling that I TOTALLY missed your birthday. I had so many threads to catch up on and I thought I had posted a birthday wish, but now I think a little more about it I have a feeling that I only 'thought' about posting a birthday message and it didn't actually happen.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
I'm glad that you had a good day. I hope that the year ahead is full of happiness and many, many wonderful moments.
Are you still going to Sydney at the end of the year? (I think it was you who was going with a friend) Hubby and I are going there for a few days in a couple of weeks' time for the competition. If I get any good ideas for things to see I'll let you know.

Ammi - I have to second (third, fourth??) what others have said and tell you that you look FANTASTIC in those photos. I know that you probably can't see yourself looking that great, but you truly are looking good. You carry your weight very well and I would never have guessed that you are over 250lbs. You also look so naturally happy, not just smiling for the camera. I'm SO glad that you had such a good holiday.
Sorry that you couldn't get all the treats from the candy shop, but if there are ever chocolates or whatever that you would like from Australia (just as a treat) please let me know and I'll happily send them over to you. Although I have a feeling that you probably still have family over here who can do that for you huh? I can't remember where they are though.
Isn't it wonderful to realise that you have made a 'lifestyle change' and you made lots of good decisions while you were away. I know that I won't be able to eat the healthiest things while we are in Sydney for 4 days, but I also know that I will be looking for the healthiest things I can find, and that is the best thing I can do. I will also be walking HEAPS, which should help. The great thing is that I know that my body won't react well to some of the fattier, more sugary foods, so I just don't look at them anymore. I know that I could EASILY devour them, but I would pay for it later and I'm not willing to do that.

Val - You sound SO happy to be finally off the truck. I know that this comes with its own set of problems, but you are definitely focusing on lots of the positives about the situation and it seems as though you are ready to go full steam ahead. Just the thought of being able to join a long term program at Curves is a major bonus. I had never seen any Curves around here and just in the last couple of months they seem to be showing up everywhere. I'm not sure whether they have always been there and I've never noticed them before, or whether they are new. It seems like a great concept. I'm not sure I will ever make use of them, as I am not a 'gym' type of person and prefer to do my own thing, but I will certainly recommend them to others. They seem like the perfect set-up for people who are just starting out on an exercise program.

Kim - Congratulations on the NSV! Looser clothes are always SO exciting. I used to love pulling them out to see how much looser they looked. I also just LOVED shopping for the next size down. Wearing more fitted clothing definitely shows the weight loss more and gives you a buzz. People started commenting more about my weight loss as well when I finally stopped wearing my old, baggy clothes.

Nancy - I can SO understand the concept of getting hooked into games. I used to have opposite problem to you though. I liked snacking while I was playing, which certainly didn't help. I haven't played a computer game in AGES. I am not sure when or why I stopped, but I think I got stuck into some really heavy school work and just didn't have the time. That was enough to break the cycle for me. I am glad you are going to try to work out a better routine for you and the games.

I just read back through this and it was interesting that I wrote that I could easily devour fatty and sugary foods, but I don't because my body wouldn't react well to them. I would have thought that I wouldn't even want to look at less healthy foods after not having them for a couple of years, but I still look at them and can 'taste' them after all this time. I think my problem all this time is that I LOVE the flavours of all sorts of foods. I never really had to be 'full', but I was constantly wanting different flavours and could easily have cookies, cake, pastries, chocolates, crisps, etc. all in one day. I just loved the mixture of the flavours. I don't deprive myself sweet foods, but I have changed what they are. I have my licorice and my low-fat icecream. I know that I don't NEED chocolates and cookies, but I am surprised that I still find myself looking at them and thinking that they would still taste delicious. I also then immediately just tell myself that I don't need them and am not even tempted to buy them. It is a weird mix of feelings. I have the strong understanding that I won't buy them or eat them, but am puzzled at my continued interest in them. Oh well... just something else for me to think about.

I know I have missed answering many posts, but I wanted to get a few in before heading off to work.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 09-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #32  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Luan Almost time for some new pics
Brenda
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #33  
Michigan Old-Timer

STOP,
don't post here.