Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:58 PM   #16  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Brenda - I am the same as someone else on here and I should have shares in Gladware containers I think. I tend to make larger batches of so many things and just freeze them. Easier for a couple of reasons. One is that you don't have to bake every day, but you have delicious meals at hand. Two is that you can get more even portions, as you said, and you don't have to worry about measuring every time you want to eat.

The only thing you have to remember is to take the meals out early enough for them to defrost. I try to take them out the night before I want to have them, then I just leave them in the fridge to defrost overnight.

This is definitely a good way to do things. I also like it because it is cheaper to buy many foods (like meat) in larger portions. Sometimes I just cook something for ME, rather than for hubby and I. If I only wanted enough for one meal I would either be paying more for a smaller portion, or I would end up having stuff to throw out. This way I just make a large serving (often VERY large) and section it out. This week I made a bolognaise sauce, but I also have frozen shepherds pies and soups to balance out the week's meals.

When I make scones and fruit cake I do the same thing. I cut up the cake and separately wrap the scones and cake portions. Once again I just take them out the night before, or even that morning. This stops me having 'snacks' readily on hand, but they don't take long to defrost, so I still have something for a morning or afternoon meal.

Good luck with your cooking.

Zelma
Old 08-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Just a mega quicky before I go out the door. Surprised but thrilled to say I lost 3 lbs, taking me to 264 lbs, WOOHOO, I did it. Now to be NOT too naughty in London with my eating

'Talk' to you all soon,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-28-2006, 06:28 AM   #18  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

WTG Ammi!!!! Have fun in London ... I think we know whose houses the Fat Fairy is visiting lol .... tell her not to wait til the weather gets better to come over this side of the world!!

I was a little naughty today ... after not eating breakfast .. and getting some bad news .. I ate more than my daily allowance of chocolate .. instead of 6 pieces .. I had 18!! kicking myself now ... but Im hoping that all the exercise and stuff I did today will not make it quite so bad when I weigh in on Friday .. so I have a few days to wear it off lol .. but I didnt hit my 2000cal max today either so I suppose that is a good thing? Actually .. just quickly working it out .. I barely made it to 1200!! Cripes .. and I thought I had eaten enough today too!! Oh humm .. okee .. well .. I am going to make it my target to at least hit the 1500 calorie mark tomorrow

The lambs - Sooty & Sweep - are doing great! They are feeding well ... and have settled into their new home too .. I have pics on my hunnys camera so will get those tomorrow and post them ... gotta clean the house tomorrow in between feeding the lambs, and playing with the dogs ... and I know there was something else I was supposed to do tomorrow but I just cant remember what it was!! Dont you hate that??

Great work everyone on your losses .. and NSV (esp the NSVs really) .. Melissa talk about the incredible shrinking woman!! WTG hun!! I do my 6 week measure on Friday .. hopefully its as good as yours!!

Okee .. gotta get to bed .. I am determined to fall asleep before 2am tonight ... so if I go to bed now I should be able to manage it lol ..

Huggies all ... Have fun in London Ammi will miss your colours on the boards!
Old 08-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #19  

Hey everyone. I haven't had much time to post or even read posts lately. I've been kinda skimming. I don't think I'll catch up so I'll just read from here on out. Hope everyone is doing well! This morning was my WI. I was hoping for 2 lbs and really wanting 3, but I'm down 5!!

I'm a little late on these...

Ammi - The forum I run isn't a diet related one. It's a bunch of gals from the Chicago area who were on a wedding planning forum and got tired with how they ran things so we left and started our own board. I'll send you a PM.

Nancy - I was an SCA member about 4 years ago. There's a group that meets in my home town. I liked it, but I didn't feel like I fit in with this group. They were very nice, I just felt like the odd man out. I can't explain it. I did do the heavy combat once. I put some armor on and they showed me how to hit a little. And then they hit me! Oh lordy! It was fun, but I was worried they wouldn't have any armor to fit me and I'd have to buy my own before I really knew if I liked it.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #20  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Goodmorning ladies!! Not a lot of time- got to get to work, but wanted to do a quick drop in!

Sabrosainda- Thanks for the details of the washing machine- that makes sense- I 'll have to try it when i go to the pool on Friday!! Also- don't be too hard on yourself about the mexican- for all you know it wasn't as bad as your thinking- you just can't find a value for it with WW. Count it as one ofyour higher fat/grease meals, and then you can have a value to work with- I can't imagine that being of a couple of points would do much harm!! Hope you have a better day today!

Nancy- I have to say that I agree with Zelma- instead of going Blond- add blond highlights. When you do it that way, you can actually do a 3-tone so that it looks more natural. It won't be as hard to adjust to- plus it is easier to maintain. as far as regrowth- I bet what your husband likes about it is the dark peeking out from the blond- which you would accomplish immeadiatly by doing highlights. You definetly have the right complexion to pull it off- just make sure you are doing it for you- I love to play with my hair color- people tease that my hair changes with the season- this Jan-May it was blond highlights- now it's a brown/red! If you do go blond- be sure to use a purple shampoo- it will keep the color from fading and going coppery as quickly!! Have fun!!

Well- gonna run- I'm hoping for a pretty good day today- school starts!! I'm excited, I wish I could log on now, but the online classes don't open until 10am, when I'm fully engrossed in work!! Oh-well, tonight. Have a fabulous day ladies!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #21  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! WOW to many of you on great losses (both pounds and inches)! I'm still at 284, but for me, not gaining over a weekend is a success in itself This coming weekend will be my 3 days off my menus, so that will be the true test.

Things have been going well for me lately. I like my new job (which comes with more money), Jeff and I are doing well, I've lost 12 pounds, our rent is only going up $50/month (so we're signing a 2-year lease to avoid an increase next year as well), my sister's pregnancy is going well, my parents are doing well...everything seems just fine, right? Oh no, that would just be too easy No, since everything external is going so well, something internal had to go haywire, right? Not to go into too much detail, but I've been having some girly issues for about 2 weeks now. I'm on birth control pills (have been on them since I was 16 as cyst prevention medication since I had a 10-inch cyst removed during the week of my 16th birthday). Well, the beauty of the pills is that my TOMs (actually, I only have them 6 times a year, so I guess they're my TOEOM--time of every other month ) occur on a schedule. Well, not this time. I've been having heavy spotting and light cramping for about 2 weeks now. I called my insurance "advice line" this morning, and the nurse I spoke with said I need to make an appointment, but it's not an emergency. Well, next week is actually my "scheduled" TOM, so of course I can't go to the doc till after that cycle. UGH! I'm sure I'm not dying or anything, but it's quite the inconvenience to both my, umm, romantic life and my wallet (having to use "supplies" every day for a month instead of just 1 week every 2 months). *sigh* so we'll see what happens with that...
Old 08-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #22  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just quickly passing through... work beckons.

But Nancy, to answer your question... well I would have to say it is up to YOU as to whether you go blonde... but yes, I have been lightening mine blonde for years and yes, I also do my eyebrows. They tell you not to use the color on your eyebrows but it has never hurt mine... you just need to be super careful not to get it into your eyes.

However, my hair is not nearly as dark as yours naturally... kind of a mousy light brown/dark blonde.

I have a friend who has very dark hair and she just has blonde streaks put it in... it is gorgeous. With your coloring, I would suggest going with something like that, as Zelma also suggested.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #23  

good morning every one and congratulations on all the weight losses! . i am finally glad to say this morning my headaches appears to have ended so here i am back OP and already have half my exercises done!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #24  

Hello Chickies!

Thought I'd pop in quickly before work gets too busy. I had a nice, OP weekend...went over my points again by 11, but that's what flex is for - right? I still have 14 flex points left and my "week" ends Wednesday with WI. The scale is not being kind, but I'm hoping lots of water will fix that.

Nancy ~ I agree with everyone else that highlites are the way to go. I used to have my hair really short and once got lots of golden blond foils done - pricey - but WONDERFUL! It was sassy and young and made me feel just beautiful! My hair is naturally almost black. (The parts that aren't gray ) I really urge you to do the foils first and see how you like that. Then you can go lighter later. Also, if BF likes the two-tone look he'll get it - just in vertical stripes instead of horizontal! I'd also suggest you have anything that drastic done professionally - I've seen too many bad do-it-yourself dye jobs.

Sabrina ~ I'm definately a card-carrying member of the SCA! I haven't tried the heavy weapons - I've seen my husband's bruises! - but I am considering rapier. That actually is thru a different group - the Adrian Empire, because Calontir doesn't allow rapier. Don't know why...seems stupid to me when everyone else does. I'm actually autocrating our next event, which is the largest tourney in the kingdom - more fighters than crown! It's a toy-raiser for Toys for Tots. Last year we donated nearly 700 toys - which was embarassing since 2004 we donated over 1500! I think too many folks spent their charity on Katrina relief last year. My first autocrat job...I'm a tad nervous. Too bad you didn't feel like you fit in with your last group. It can be a lot of fun!

Zelma, Jilly, Katt, Ammi, Misti and Everyone Else -there are too many to name! - Hope you all have had a good weekend and a terrific week to come!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, quick stop in

Ammi - congratulations, that is awesome. I hope to get 264 soon.

I am going to go back to the gym. Well I went yesterday but in general, I am going to go to the gym again. I've been favoring home workouts lately and although it helps, it isn't as beneficial as the gym is to me. My knee is bothering me again and the gym always helps with that. I may also tweak my eating just a bit but I haven't fully decided about that. I've lost some inches this past month but I really need to boogie for the wedding and I need to finally be 264 or less. So I am going to rededicate myself and work as best I can!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #26  

ammi - have a great trip, i don't like london, all those squeaky cab breaks always give me a headache lol.

vilandra - omg you've done so well !!!!

kim - thanks for the tip on curves, even if i do get bored hopefully it will still get me started.

nancy - i have highlights (and i've done the bleach thing too) i've been doing it since i was 16 and honestly have no idea what my real hair color is. my hairs down to my butt, so growing it out just isn't an option, i have light brown eyebrows (naturally) maybe you could try some highlights first and see what you think, go with some redish ones first, if you like them go lighter.

i sat down with hubby yesturday and had a long talk about why i give up after 5 weeks, i'm scared to death its going to happen again, so he gave his insight, basically said "kate with you its all or nothing, as soon as you cheat its pretty much over" and hes right, if i cheat the days blown and i cheat all day, then i get into that well i still have 5 days to lose it, so if i cheat tomorrow too its ok i still have 4 days, then its pretty much over.

so this time, i've given myself permission to cheat !!!! yesturday we went to book the twins birthday party at chucky cheese and its right next to krispy creme doughnuts, i ate one but thats ok ..... i ate ONE not the 4 or 5 that i would have grabbed everytime i passed the box normally. so with that lightbulb moment .... hopefully this time will be different.

oh and the dreaded tom arrived this morning.

kate
Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #27  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone for the tips about highlighting. I will think about it, but you know what? Upon reflection overnight, the whole thing feels really out of character for me. I am the kind of person who when I decide I really want something will go for it. If I really wanted to change my hair I would. The thing is, I don't want a change. I like my hair the way it is (grey hairs and all). My BF will have to content himself with people watching for now because the only reason I would make a change like that is if I really wanted it, and I don't. I will however keep my eye out and look for people with highlighted hair. I tend not to notice that kind of thing. However if I do anything I will definitely have it done professionally. I don’t want to mess with bleaching on my own. It is also not that I have never dyed my hair before. When I was in my teens I colored my hair all the time and even bleached it once with the intention of going white (only made it to a weird shade of orange). I also know how hard it is to get your natural color back when you start dying it and I am just not ready for that. Maybe when the grey gets even worse.

Kate - That is great that you are not going to be so strict with yourself. I always found that to be a recipe for failure myself as well. I also find it amazing how when I don't restrict things I don't want them as much.

Sabrina – The not fitting in armor is one of the reasons why I am waiting. I may end up just doing rapier, but heavy combat seems like it would be fun. I have this aggressive side that I need to find something to do with. Congrats on being down 5!

Zelma – I know you have told us before, but when do you hear about the competition?

Jill - I hope your break through bleeding is nothing serious. Hopefully you can get it checked soon. That was good news on the rent though. I know you were really worried they were going to raise it substantially.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #28  
Erica

S/C/G: 312/310/175

Height: 5'8"

Greetings girls. Boy I sure do miss a lot in a few days! Congrats to everyone on thier losses - so fabulous!

As for the bleaching hair thing - just by looking at my pic you can tell I am a bleacher. I do not do my eyebrows, but only because thay are lighter than my normal hair color. I bleach simply because I am only 31 and am 85% gray according to my stylist. I don't want gray hair yet! I do get a lot of compliments on the color but you do have to keep up with it. I personally can not stand the look of dark roots so every 5 weeks I am at the salon.

Well, the weekend has come and gone. I didn't eat good - but I really watched the snacking. Tonight will be my first night of walking. I am looking forward to it and looking forward to reporting my losses on this board along with all of you!! Baby Steps...I know.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #29  

Nancy - I have some before and afters of my highlights - if you wanna see them sometime let me know!! I highly reccommend them...actually I'm going back hopefully soon(ish, lol) for some lowlights!! (Black with my brown hair instead of the blond and a lighter shade of brown that I got before. I got black with brown done a couple years ago and looooved it! )

Hi Ladies - Just popping in for a bit. Got in a 30 minute walk today - after slowing way down on exercise lately...and NOW I'm seeing a loss, lol, how crazy is my body, hey!?!? LOL! Well John works normal hours today - from 230-1030pm - and he's finally getting to sign his paperwork for the salary tonight...if all goes well. Oh, I'm going to see my sister at the end of October!!!! So she will see me 1/2 way to Christmas, but she will keep it a secret for me. We are going to meet up in Nanimo...1/2 way between both of us, lol, and go shopping and such, but considering she will be about 6 months pregnant by then she doesn't wanna do the 1.5 hour drive up to get me alone so she might bring her hubby (to drive) and son, and in that case John would ask for a Saturday off and come too, lol! BUT, my sister and I have already said that none of them can come clothes shopping with us...could you imagine my sister and I being 21 and 24 respective shopping with 3, 22, and 34 year old males?!?! I THINK NOT!! LOL!! So, the plan - if all works out in the next 2 months - is to just hang out and buy some clothes (Pennington's and Addition Elle!) and stuff and then meet up with the 'boys' for a dinner before John and I get on the Nanimo ferry and they drive home. Should be fun either way! Weigh-in is tomorrow - AHHH!! Well, that's all for now! Hope everyone is doing great!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 08-28-2006, 07:27 PM   #30  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Nancy - Hubby and I fly over to Sydney on Sept 15 (we're making a long weekend of it all) and the luncheon is on Sept 19. I get a call on the 18th letting me know who won. At first I thought this would be a L-O-N-G wait, but days seem to be racing by, so hopefully it will be here quickly enough. I am really looking forward to spending a few days in Sydney with DH.

I'm glad you decided to leave your hair for the moment. I think that a you have to be REALLY ready for any kind of drastic change. When I went to the salon in Sydney I just KNEW that I was ready for a change, and that is why I just left the whole style and colour up to them.

Jilly - I'm glad that everything else in your life is wonderful, but I'm sorry about the bleeding. If it isn't stopping, you may as well go to the doctor now, because there is no saying that it will be any better after your period is due. He/she may be able to help you to make it stop. I would imagine that constant bleeding would be a huge energy drain. I hope you are taking care of yourself and not overworking or anything like that.

Kate - I'm glad you had a good talk with your hubby and it cleared up a few things in your mind. It sounds as though you definitely put too much pressure on yourself and you simply can't sustain that for life. By backing off a little, you are making it more of a lifestyle change, and that is the best way to do things I think. I just made small changes along the way, that I KNEW I could live with for the rest of my life, and once I got used to one change I would then add another. That way I ended up having an almost total overhaul of my lifestyle/habits without really noticing. Good luck with your journey. The benefits are SO worth it!

Well, I had better get ready for work. I got up early enough to do 40 mins of aerobics to a new DVD I got at the weekend. WHEW! I am going to have to put a lot of concentration into keeping up with the moves on this one. She lost me a lot along the way. It was more the speed than the actual movements. She would change to something new just as I was trying to work out the previous move. I am sure that I will pick up a new move each time I do it, so it should be easier.

Have a lovely evening/day all.

Zelma
Closed Thread