Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:53 PM   #1  
~Chrissy~

S/C/G: 310/254/150

Height: 5'3

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #969

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #2  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hey Melissa-- I am serious you are doing great. You are a inspiration for me to keep moving. I always see how you are going for walks and it just keeps me motivated that we as a collective group can shed pounds. Exercise is hard for me! I usually dance around like a silly fool but it gets me moving. My DH always asks me to go for a walk but I just haven't taken him up on it yet. And yet I see you constantly pushing and moving. Your weight loss and inches loss are impressive to me! It is hard work to shed pounds and whenever I read your posts you are always putting in you hard work by staying OP and getting walks etc. So again congrats on the inches and pounds you have shed.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Another fly by post I am afraid, just wanted to let you know Crock asked me to post some pics of her puppies, so I have done that, go check out the darling things on the pic page. All I can say is, awwwwww adorable

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

Thank you ammi.. I appreciate it.. I am some what pc literate, have know Idea why I cant do this.. the Interview went well.. it is 7 minutes from my house.. let us all keep our fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh lord I need this.. I will report more later.. I will try to phase back in here. Missed you guys.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #5  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Crock I have my fingers crossed and really wishing you will land this job! I also think it is so great that the job is only seven minutes away it should save a lot of money on gas. Anyway I will be praying all goes well with the job
Old 08-05-2006, 12:02 AM   #6  

rkrs - Oh wow...thank you for all the kind words!!! Being called and inspiration is just mind-blowing, and having people tell me I motivate them is the most awesome thing in the world. Oh, walks with DH are fun, lots of time to talk about things that normally get brushed aside in everyday life. My weight loss and measurements...that you for your words...it IS hard to lose weight and inches and keep them off - or even harder - to keep on losing time and time again! I'm jealous of your weight loss, lol, you are on fire! I can't wait until I hit a big milestone - 50lbs. Again, thanks for the comments, it helps hearing that all my hard work really IS hard work.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #7  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

Question rants n raves

Hi all! I started my journey on Monday July 31 and have been very happy so far and been feeling fine! What's getting me is how expensive it is to eat healthy! I have to really work to find the best values. It's so much cheaper to eat that bad, processed junk! But there are the hidden costs to my health and the not-so-hidden costs--my big butt! I believe it's worth it, don't get me wrong, but it's a lot more expensive! How have you all handled this? I would hate to think I'm the only po' gal that's had to struggle with this.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:47 AM   #8  

TxTilly - Glad to see you jumped on our numbered thread!! And I know what you mean, healthy foods are COSTLY!! Of course it's worth it, but I agree, it's tough to find deals that will fit into a budget. Me and DH are on a low income, so we have to do some creative shopping to make sure we buy good foods first and foremost. (Although I will NOT give up my LF lemon puddings, lol) I go by calories, so that's what I concentrate on, but I buy things with good calories counts AND good nutritional value first (lean meats, veggies, etc), THEN buy my little fun snacks with any leftover cash - such as things like pudding, or popsicles. Why can't it be affordable to get healthy, hey?
Old 08-05-2006, 02:11 AM   #9  

Hi Ladies - Not too much new here. Looks as if I will have a loss for sure on Tuesday! The days are crawling, lol, I want it to be Tuesday!!! LOL! Got in another walk - 26 minutes! 51 minutes total today!! Yay! I might do some some light lower body work; calf raises, etc, but for now I'm off to add my walk minutes to the exercise thread!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 08-05-2006, 03:15 AM   #10  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Everyone

Melissa! Girl you're just zinging around! You have such a positive vibe I love it

rkrs6673- you should take hubby up on the offer for a walk. I think it's great that he's supportive and wanting to join in, that's really nice.

MsCrockett- I hope you find out soon that you get the job. 7 mins from home is pretty good, for sure. My hubby has to drive 30 mins which he hates, each way.

Okay I'll probably get very little sleep this weekend though I'm going to try hard to get my rest. I only have 2 more days till hub comes come and I am pretty excited. (for those that don't know, he's been gone away since June 16) He called me tonight too which I like but at the same time it makes me miss him even more. He got me a bunch of gifts too while he was away, all in a pineapple theme (he went to Hawaii for work). How many things could they possibly make with pineapples on it? hehe Anyway, I wanted a REAL pineapple but it would have been bad by the time it got here, and you can't bring raw food over the border.

Plan wise.. I've been following along as planned. I have lost nothing for almost 2 weeks now and I'm thinking besides the fact I haven't taken in enough water, I might even need more calories. I've added a couple hundred more cals on and off for a few days so maybe that will help ( I was eating around 1200-1300/day). I know that sounds lower than recommended, and possibly it is. I'm still learning what will work best for me at this stage. I do not feel hungry most days at that amt of calories but other days I do.

I don't know how long I should stick with my current plan before trying to do something else? Should I just stick with what worked, and if no change in say a month, then I need to look at it further?

In case anyone's wondering - no - I'm not eating salty foods, packaged foods (for the most part), nor liquor, chips, junk food, etc. I eat very clean every day, and around 30 g fat each day.

I'm not really too upset about all of this, I'm trying hard not to get ahead of myself, I'm just trying to learn what will and won't work, and it's a trial and error thing since I'm only on week 6. I thought I'd throw it out there, you guys have a lot more time in than I do, and this is my first time counting cals.

Cheers everyone and hope you are all having a good Friday/Saturday

~ Angie
Old 08-05-2006, 04:14 AM   #11  

Abbeycat - I've got a positive vibe? That's usually not something that describes me, lol, maybe it's all the exercise! But I'm glad I do have good vibes being sent out!! As for your calories, I think you did the right thing by upping them...if you were to stay at 1200 calories you have nowhere to go if you plateau again before goal, right? I'm doing *around* 1900 calories a day, but I'm im 30ish pounds heavier than you. IMHO I'd say 1700 would be a area to try...but everyone is different, just trying changing it around every once in a while and see what gives you the results you desire.

Hi Ladies - Man, I shouldn't take up so much room posting, lol, but it makes me feel better and even more OP when I can share my activites here. So, with that said, I did decide to do some lower body work (calf raises), threw in some yoga moves (warrior, tree, etc), and some nice stretching (calves, back, etc) - broke a sweat, woo hoo, lol! Did 12 minutes - just a little added boost to accompany my 63 minutes of walking I did today. I'm off for now.
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 08-05-2006, 04:27 AM   #12  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Esmaraude - great food choices there hun (from last # thread) .. One thing I love to do with all the fruit .. I make up a fruit salad then put a couple of cups of the fruit in the magic bullet to puree it fine then put it through a strainer to make it nice and smooth (pushing as much thru the strainer as I can) then I pop the fruit puree over a couple of pieces of fruit in little ramekin dishes and pop it in the freezer overnight (with some clearwrap over the ramekin to prevent it frosting) .. its a lovely sorbet and you know its fresh and no naughty calories or anything .. mmmm yum .. I have actually made up a fruit salad which Im just letting sit to let the juices blend before I take out some for my sorbet - using Pear, Strawberry, Mandarin and Nectarine.

WTG Everyone on your goals old and new, your exercise regimes that you are doing are just awesome .. mine are so pitiful lol .. but a little bit to start is always a good thing Weekends I dont seem to do anything for exercise (naughty Katt), but I would rather spend that time with my hunny than off somewhere exercising as we dont see each other all week, mind you .. Saturday mornings are for going into town to get the shopping and posting things and other oddjobs .. so we do run round in the morning, then relax together or go for drives in the afternoon .. and Sunday we dont do anything rofl..

TxTilly - Lovely to see you posting and welcome to the thread .. Congrats on starting your new lifestyle journey too! I know what you mean about the cost of "good" foods verses "bad" foods. We get our Jenny Craig meals which for my partner and I come to about $250NZ each week .. then we spend another $100 on fresh vegetables and low fat milk, cheese bread etc .. although that isnt a week ... usually lasts longer ... But I do know its definitely an expensive plan I am on ... but for now its the one I will stick to until I get a grip on my eating style etc where I dont need someone else to set up my eating plan for me. I considered the cost when I signed up .. but then I worked out it would be cheaper than having a gastric bypass and this is something that I will take through life as a new lifestyle that doesnt involve something as invasive as an op. Never say never tho rofl ...

Didnt do as well as I would have liked with my weight loss .. but Im still ahead of the goals JC had set me .. and my Fat % is down, Water % is up .. so that is a positive that I will keep thinking of

Was naughty at my daughters birthday tho ... well .. the day after .. on her birthday I had budgeted in a little sliver of her birthday cake .. only when my hunny came home on Friday I had another piece .. oops .. but it was sooooo nice rofl .. at least I stopped at one .. told my daughter to take it with her to work and give it to them so I wasnt tempted any more .. so had my naughty moment ... thank goodness there are no more birthdays until next year that I will be going to rofl ... Been good otherwise tho My daily count is 7000kj ... think that is about 1670 calories.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:35 AM   #13  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Melissa - yeah I think it's all the smileys and the 'hey whoa off to exercise I go!" and the pink letters You sound like you're keeping very upbeat about everything which is really good. YOu know what!!? You are right.. OMG I never thought about the plateauing and having to REDUCE cals to lose if I hit one. I just was thinking I want to eat the least amt I could get away with without being hungry, so i'd have the most cal deficit. I wanted to be super-strict with it, I guess was my thinking. I think you might be on to something there. I do think I need to eat more snacks, and that will fill in a few more cals and prob keep my metabolism flowing better. I do have days where I eat more, and some less, but my goal this next week will be to try to get in my snacks. Thanks for that thought, it was an important tip. If I ever plateau then I would have nowhere to reduce my cals. Eek I'd starve!!
Old 08-05-2006, 04:40 AM   #14  

Abbeycat - I'm obsessed with pink, lol. ...Can't go without my color for my font, now can I? And glad I could help with the tip!
Old 08-05-2006, 06:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Crock, fingers crossed for the job, and those puppies are SSSOOOO cute!!!! If we lived closer I'd buy one as our boys are really wanting a dog. Though the reality of cleaning poop up and having to find someone to look after it whilst we go on holiday are what's putting me off getting one.xxxx
Ammi, hope you got the email, I will be thinking of you running around after Beth, it's bound to burn off a few more calories!! lolxxxx
Vilandra, you have lost so many inches, loads more than me, though I've been 'dieting' (ish!!lol) since January, it's not all about scales is it? All that walking is doing you so much good.xxxx
Txtilly, welcome, I live in England and find that if you shop around you can get lots of fruit & veg pretty cheaply, I often batch cook stuff which is on offer, and freeze a lot of it to make several low-cal meals. Though I've never really been a fan of junk food anyway I DO LOVE cakes, chips, biscuits and other similar stuff, as I rarely buy them anymore it saves me money which I spend on fruit & veg, lean meat & chicken. I hope you can get to local markets/farmer's markets where you are, they are often very reasonable.xxxx
Abbeycat, not long now then, I hope he notices a change in your body and that you enjoy your time together.xxxx
Nightkatt, well it was her birthday!!! I've heard of JC diets, Kirstie Alley lost loads on the plan didn't she?? If you end up looking like that no wonder you're sticking with it, even if it is expensive!! I hope you enjoy your time with you guy this week-end. Your use of fruit sounds great, I'll have to try it, I have smoothies for breakfast, either strawberries and bananas or just banana, sometimes 0% fat yoghurt with peaches, I have sorbets too, but I worry about the sugar so your idea is something worth trying.xxxx
I had my official WI today, down 5lbs, though 3 are from the gain I had after falling down & hurting my ankle. I didn't change my ticker as I was determined to lose it, so my ticker is officially down 2lbs, I'm now in the 250's which feels pretty good.
I'm angry as the sun is out and some moron has a fire at 10 am!!!!! so my washing is waiting to see if it goes out soon, all the air smells of smoke, how inconsiderate can people be????? I wanted the boys to be outside in the fresh air, not be bbq scented!!!!!
I have to go & check on them so bye for now,
xxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 08-05-2006 at 07:01 AM.
Closed Thread