Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#946

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #2  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

AMMI - You're so quick I accidently posted on the last thread! But I moved it...

HI! We're home for the long weekend, in spite of ALMOST having a load going 2750 miles to San Diego. Home, home HOME! I have a picnic in 2 hours and 2 salads to make first, so I'l catch up with all of you (and the last 2-3 threads) later tonight, but I had to tell you...

I'm ECSTATIC! I've stay O.P. with just a couple small transgressions, and it's PAYIN' OFF! I've been trying since January to get REALLY back on track, but don't seem to make it more than 2 days at a time without cheating and starting back into a downward spiral. That very first "oh, just ONE won't hurt... much" is the beginning of my destruction, because apparently I can't count to ONE.

I also hopped on the scale this morning (I know, I'm bad) but it was the friendliest it's been in MONTHS, and while I'm not going to do an 'official' weight until I'm home next time (about the 17th) I'm excited to tell you that I've finally gotten back in the groove for the long haul. I've finally put together enough good days that I'm seeing the effect on my body - less appetite, easier to make the right choices, and (giggle giggle) the scale is heading south again in a dramatic way.

Off to make some O.P. broccoli salad for the unsuspecting family at the pic-a-nic!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #3  

Xena - lol well I have already been called Gazelle Girl, so Gazelle Guru is fine as well It's just so great to be SO enthusiastic about exercising

Thanks so much for telling me what those deviled eggs are. I haven't seen them done like that over here, but I have seen something called scotch eggs, which is either sausage meat wrapped around an egg and coated in breadcrumbs, or instead of a whole egg inside, they do what you do with the deviled eggs but put it in the sausage centre, not back in the egg white. They are very Yummy, but very naughty points wise

Glad you enjoyed the BBQ and only used one of your flex points. Sounds like you will have a great time again today going to the movies. Great idea to take grapes, so much healthier than popcorn

Crock - so many ladies here know just how to say the right thing when it comes to dieting and you are one of them. What you said about the lifestyle change being for our health not just to lose weight was awesome and so true.

Heather - the last time, many years ago when I was laid up for a month with my back, couldn't even get up to go to the toilet!! My doctor came out and said get up and walk. It was impossible. BUT in cases where my back is like it is today and other times like this, I DO find that the more I move the better. A good thing too because I would HATE to miss out on my exercise. Oh boy, did I just say that

Valerie- Heather did that too, so I went and put another STOP post, but seems I was too slow again

Glad to have you back again and for staying OP the whole time you were away (barring the two little slips that is) You should be so proud of yourself And like you said it's already showing on the scales that you are back on track Can't wait til you update your ticker officially so we can see what you have lost!

Enjoy your picnic

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, yesterday was the cookout. When I got there, my Grandpa's wife goes, "Kayley! I didn't even recognize you until you turned around". That made me feel pretty good. And my Aunt said that I looked great. I felt confidence for oh...about 20 minutes or so. Lol.

Swam a lot yesterday, as it was stifling out! So, got some good exercise in. Today, Andrew's working overtime AGAIN. Nothing planned for the rest of the day. I was lazy, and slept in until about 12:30pm. Gah.

Well, hope you all have a great rest of your day. I should be back later.

cc9455 - Hello and to 3FC, and to this part of the forums!!! Do you have something you'd like to be referred to as? Maybe CC? Congrats for making this BIG decision to change yourself for the better! I look forward to seeing you around! (Don't be intimidated...you don't have to do individuals. Just what you have time for.)

Ammi - Hope your back feels better soon! But for exercising regardless! That's great!

Annie - Good luck on the fishing trip!!! Hope you catch LOTS with your new pole!

Martha - Hello and to the group!!! I started at 350, too! What type of plan (if any) are you following?

Crock - Congrats yet again! TOM is here, so I'm not looking for GOOD news this weekend after all...guh.

Sharon - Sorry things are going so crappy for you right now. I hope all goes well at the doctor's on Monday....but it sure bites that it's on your anniversary! Hope things start to look up for you.

Xena - Glad to hear that you were able to stay OP! Have fun at the movies today!

Valerie - Glad you didn't end up having to go out to San Diego! I'm so HAPPY that the scale is looking to go in the right direction, and I can't wait to hear how much you've lost!!!! Hope you have a BLAST at the picnic, and they eat your broccoli salad UP!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

Kayley~ I sooooooooo dread TOM(((Aunt Margaret)) just messes the entire week or two up.. heres to good luck though.. I am so pleased to hear you NSV'a from your family.. they always feel so good... 20 minutes, aye, better than not at all!

Ammi~~ Thank you soooo much for the compliment.. I needed that today.(((smile, with teary eyes)))) your are to kind..
Old 07-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #6  

I have to vent...sorry guys.

I get so depressed sometimes, and not even over this weight. I'm so tired of being lonely all the time. It makes me feel so HORRIBLE about myself. I pretty much only have two friends besides Andrew. Susan is 30, and is married and has a family, so we don't really have time to get together. Kathleen is up at college, and I don't see her all that often. All my other supposed friends NEVER call me. Ever. I always have to take the initiative, and half the time, they can't do anything. I haven't hung out with a friend in quite a while, and I'm so sick of it. Everybody's like, "people like you", or "you have loads of friends". But I really don't. Felicia is pretty much out of the picture. She's in Hawaii for the summer, and whenever I try to talk to her online or anything, even when she's at home, she just doesn't seem interested. I understand that we're at a big point in our lives. Away at college and whatnot...but that doesn't mean you can't CALL at least. When Andrew works, I feel terrible, because I know I'm going to spend the whole day alone, and it's unbearable. I know I should do things by myself, and I shouldn't rely on people all the time, but I feel even WORSE if I go to the movies by myself or something. I am a very sociable person by nature, and I hate being alone. I have no siblings even, so I really AM alone on these days.

I guess that's it...I just needed to let that out, cuz I'm feeling so ungodly awful right now...thanks for listening.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/320/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey kayleystar, girl you can IM me anytime you want my yahoo IM: gem053080 I know what you mean about feeling lonely....when I was married all my friends were married with kids ...but now that I am single I just dont seem to fit in with them any more so I spend most of my days by myself ..eating ...which is how I got here in the first place...
Old 07-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Didn't get to go fishing today. It has been put off until tomorrow. Oh, well, tomorrow I catch dinner. LOL.

Marth: I hope you will love it here. This is truly one of the best things I have ever done for myself ever. I have made some amazing friends for life. Jump right in whenever you feel chatty. Don't feel like you have to do personals. Just let us know how you are doing. Again, Welcome.

Ammi: Oh, so sorry the ice didn't help. It sure fixes me right up. At least it cooled you off. LOL. I didn't get to fish but hopefully tomorrow will be a fishing day. Good luck in your weigh in. I know you will be brilliant.

Crock: Congrats on another -2 You are just shrinking away weekly! Hey, there is always room for you to fish with us. We don't have a boat so, we are going someplace where you can fish right off the road side. We will be getting a boat as soon as finances allow. Maybe this winter when they are cheaper. Tomorrow is the day so grab the worms and drop a line.

Sharon: So sorry that you are not doing so well. I wish the hugs were real. I will pray that things pick up for you really soon sweetie.

Xena: Oh, Superman looks good. I love Kevin Spacy too. One of the best movies I saw him in was the Bobby Darren story. It was so good and he really made me feel like he was Bobby Darren. I think that is the singer he was supposed to be. Tear jerker.

Val: Or shall I call you OPVAl. LOL Good job at staying op. I am so proud of you. Have fun at your picknick.Be safe on the road.

Kayley: 1st, congrats on feeling proud for at least 20 minutes and for all the compliments your family gave you. I know you look in your photos here. So obvious you are loosing it. 2nd. so sorry you are depressed. Maybe you need a bit of meds to help you over the hump. I think no shame if you do for a while. It could help you honey. I love Cymbalta. It has changed my life literally. I know what it is like to be depressed for no huge reasons but not having friends is a big one. Well, friends that make time for you. Hang in there doll.

Everyone else, hope you are all op (I am finally op again whew!) having lots of sunny fun and relaxing. Blessings to you all,
Annie/Dogpal
Old 07-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #9  

Kayley - see didn't I say that your aunt would notice your weight loss. Your Grandpa's wife sure did compliment you too, and I am sure that loads of other people noticed as well even if they didn't say anything! I am glad that for at least 20 minutes your confidence was really boosted. It's great that you had a lovely time.

As for being lonely, I just don't know what I can say about that. I am not a social person and am more than happy that my life is pretty much just about Daren and my girls. I do see my sister occasionally, but that's it. But like I said I like it that way. I don't know how I would cope if I was as social as you are and didn't have friends who wanted to go out etc. Have you thought of asking any of the girls in work to go out, are there any there that you can see yourself being friends with? Sorry I can't be more help,

Crock - just got to give you a big virtual hug there you go, done

TrIed - hello and Sorry to hear that you get lonely sometimes too, comfort eating is the pits isn't it, it has a lot to answer for.

Annie - aww what a shame you never got to go fishing, and I bet you were fancying a nice bit of fish for your tea/supper or whatever you call it

Thanks for the good luck wishes for my weigh in, I wish I could get on the scales and not be worried about the results!

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #10  

Hello All!

Enjoying a nice long weekend.. with the university holiday being this Tuesday, I specifically planned our summer program so that we didn't have anything on Monday... my staff gets a nice long weekend, and YAY so do I. The office will still be open, but just skeleton staff to keep the phones open, check email and get a few things done. So, in the middle of craziness, I have this great break. Just what we all need to gear up for the second half of the summer. So, I've been enjoying my break.... went to a friends house to hang out at her pool for a few hours yesterday and again today. A bit sunburned but I finally feel like it's summer in the fun sense of the word. Grilling out every night lately, so that really feels like summer, too.
Next Saturday, I'm having my entire staff over to cook out... that's 50 people! yeah, I know... I'm crazy.

Quite a while ago, I posted my "thoughts and wisdoms for navigation of our 3FC world"... several people suggested I post it again every once in a while. Since we've had so many newcomers the past few weeks, and just because I thought you all might enjoy.... I'm re-posting it below.

Hope that's ok.... enjoy!

Back later...

Mel

In honor of all the newbies over the past several weeks...... I've developed a few words of wisdom. Consider this "Auntie M's tips for 3FC Forum Survival and Success"

1. Be prepared to read... a lot.
The threads sometimes tend to fill fast and it can be overwhelming when you login and realized several have zipped by. But, take a deep breath.. it's an amazingly fast read when you're reading about people you've grown to WANT to keep in touch with and know more about.

2. Keep a pencil handy.
It's a great tip to jot yourself "notes" when there is something you know you'll want to respond to because before you know it, you'll have a bunch and suddenly forget who and what you started wanting to respond to. hmmm... come to think of it... maybe I should follow this tip myself. HA... then maybe I wouldn't respond to Brenda's post by addressing Ammi, and I'd rememeer that "funny" or "deep" thing I was GOING to say that would change everybody's lives and rock their world. hmmm... yeah.. good tip, that one. : (makes note to self....)

3. Don't take it too personally when you read through a bunch of responses and there aren't a lot of individual ones for you. (yeah... sniff... that's me... waiting to be missed when I'm missing. ) This group is supportive and everyone is cared about. Basically the more you post, the more responses you get, but.... all individual posts make for REALLLLLLLY long threads.

4. Post updates... post info... post NSVs... post whatever you're thinking and feeling. You can decide how much you want to share about yourself. Don't feel pressure to post individuals for EVERYONE EVERY TIME.... (refer to tip 3 ) and we'll try not to take it personally when you don't. sniff. really.

5. Finally... this group starts a new thread (or is it "posting"?) when we get to about 30. This was very wierd to me when I first started coming here. But it helps us keep track, and helps with the loading online. And it's just one of the charming things about this thread. (there are MANY charming things about this thread and the people on it! )

6. Create a ticker for yourself... it's a great way to keep yourself on track and to report to the....... oops..... I haven't figured out how to do that myself.... so.. umm.... yea... another note to self... .... OK... so change that tip to "be patient with Mel when she is a dork and cracking herself up....." because that tends to happen now and again....

7. In all seriousness....
This is a safe place to share... your feelings, fears, victories and setbacks... the truth. We've been there, too.
Welcome.

Mel
Old 07-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #11  

Kayley - I know EXACTLY what you mean about being alone...I'm the same as you, I could go out by myself, but it feels even more lonely doing that. And with my DH working about 50 hours a week now, I don't have much to do. And even though I moved to my new town a year ago now, I've been too self-conscience to go meet new people here...so I don't have my parents, sister, and my old friends here now, so I'm so alone...it sucks! (I'm going to visit family in November, that'll make it 11 months since the last visit.) Anyways, enough of me whining, lol, I know it's no replacement for the real thing, but feel free to chat me up on MSN more often. Later!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #12  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone! I'm just checking in 'briefly' (if I can keep it brief... I tend to have verbal diarhea at times, but I do have to get to work SOME time this morning) to let you know all is going pretty well, but once again the weekend disappeared on me.

Last week was nice having the kids back, as my student teacher finished her practicum. We had some lovely times. I was a little tired by the end of the week, and I worry that the B12 shots aren't having the wonderful effect they are supposed to have, but EVERYONE at school is tired, so I won't panic until the holidays. We finish this week, then have two weeks off, which will be WONDERFUL. If I don't have much energy over the holidays, then I will know that there is probably a reason my body isn't absorbing B12, and hopefully the gastroscopy/colonoscopy will come up with something that can be easily treated.

I seemed to have more energy yesterday, as we went to the markets nice and early, then drove 45 mins to go for a 70 min walk in Fremantle (old section of the city where the port is), then came home for lunch. In the afternoon I made a turkey/sweet potato shepherd's pie, two batches of scones (one date and one apricot), then did some housework. I finished the day searching for poems to use in the classroom. So at the moment, the energy seems to be coming in fits and spurts.

Ammi - I am SO glad that your back is at least better when you move around. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't exercise. Now I will just hope that your back will be TOTALLY better soon. It is wonderful that you are enjoying the Gazelle so much. I feel like that about my treadmill. I (usually) really enjoy getting on it and either having a really good workout, or a more mild one, depending on how I am feeling. I just love the fact that I can actually ‘enjoy’ exercising. I never would have thought that a couple of years ago.

Sharon – I don’t know the exact facts of your problems, but I have a feeling that hubby is in there somewhere. I can only offer you my ‘ear’ any time you need it, and lots of warm, caring hugs. I know how down I feel when hubby and I are just having a little snippy moment, so I can only imagine what you must be going through at the moment. I truly hope that you take the time to see that YOU are the important one in this equation. I am not a parent, but I honestly believe that you have to look after yourself even BEFORE you look after the kids, or you won’t be the best you can be FOR your kids. I’m not sure that makes sense, but I know what I am trying to say.
Just take care of yourself. I know that you may not want to keep being OP all of the time, but I also know that you will feel better if you can make good choices at least MOST of the time. It will make you feel better physically AND mentally, as you will have control over something in your life where other parts are making you feel as though you have lost control.
Take care dear friend.

Kayley – I am SO glad that your family is noticing the change in you. I knew that we couldn’t ALL be seeing things on here. I know the feeling you would have had for those 20 mins and, believe me, those feelings will just keep getting better and better, for longer and longer.
I am sorry that you are feeling so lonely at the moment. I am like Ammi, and I am happy to be with just hubby, all of the time. I am just as comfortable being on my own, as I just find things to do, but I prefer to spend time with hubby. Even if we are doing different things, I just like knowing he is close by. So, in that respect, I can totally see where you are coming from when you miss Andrew, but I can’t offer you any sage advice about not having friends to do things with. I think Ammi had a good suggestion about asking some people at your new job if they want to do something together, although I also know that I probably wouldn’t have had the confidence to do that (and probably still wouldn’t, I am just not an ‘outgoing’ sort of person), and I don’t know if you will be able to. They also could be 90, going on a 100, for all I know, so they may not want to go to the same places you want to. I just sincerely hope that you either find someone to spend some time with, or that this feeling is just ‘fleeting’ and will go away with time.

Val – I am impressed!!! I have no idea how you stay so OP while you are traveling, but you obviously managed it! Well done on the loss… whatever it is! I look forward to hearing how much it is when you officially weigh in.
I hope you have a wonderful time at the picnic, and I hope you make the most of every moment of your time home. I know how much you were looking forward to being home this weekend and I can almost hear your shouts of joy from here.

Xena – We make devilled eggs over here (and scotch eggs that Ammi was talking about). Sometimes people ‘pipe’ the filling into the centre, you know, with a piping bag, so you get a fancy ‘swirl’ made out of the yolk mixture. It looks very pretty, and tastes delicious! I would be able to have those too, which makes them even BETTER!
You did really well at the barbecue. To only have to use one flex point must have been a bonus. People must have made some healthy salads etc, which is always great. People at my work are making better choices at our morning teas now, which is partly due to me and my change of lifestyle I think. Almost every morning tea there is at least one platter of raw veggies and dip or some other ‘extra’. They are also providing rice crackers instead of some biscuits, which helps. These platters certainly go down well with EVERYONE, so it works all round.
I hope you enjoy the movie. I also hope you managed to get your grapes to take with you. I have read that some theatres over there don’t like people bringing their own snacks, but I have a feeling that they will lose patrons VERY quickly if they don’t either change that ruling, or if they don’t start selling healthy snacks. A lot more people are turning away from buttery popcorn and candy now, so they need to rethink their policy.

Crock – I am still keeping my fingers (and arms, legs, eyes etc) crossed that you hear soon about that job you had the interview for. I know how important it is for you to get your own money and move out, so I really hope that you hear something positive that will get you ‘moving’ in the right direction… as in OUT.
You are SO right about having to look at this as a change towards a HEALTHIER lifestyle, not just for losing weight. As you said, a ‘diet’ to lose weight just gives you an ‘end point’, so many people don’t know what to do once they reach the ‘end’ and they tend to gain the weight back again. Whereas, when you look upon it for health purposes, you never have an ‘end point’, as you continue to want to have a healthy lifestyle. That is what is giving me the confidence that I won’t regain my weight. I KNOW that I am leading a healthier lifestyle, and I KNOW that I don’t want to go back to the unhealthy way I was living before. Weight is an important factor in that healthy lifestyle, but it definitely isn’t the be-all and end-all.

Annie – I have to tell you how much I LOVE your new avatar! It is so lovely to put a (pretty) face to the name. I also have to say, that even though this isn’t a full body shot, you don’t look at ALL as though you are carrying the weight you have on your tracker. I know that many of us, including me, don’t look the weight we are, but I just wonder if you have an accurate reading on your scales. I think you mentioned that you use two scales to weigh yourself. I was wondering whether some of the weight would be distributed over BOTH of the scales, so would be being read on both. Does that make sense? Have you ever found some scales that would accurately weigh you, so you can do a comparison? Just a thought. If you are sure that you are getting an accurate reading, then please just take all of my above rambling as a compliment that you look a lot smaller than your weight.
Congratulations on getting the house and property! I bet you can’t wait to move in. I hate moving house, but I know the wonderful feeling of being in a new house. I am glad the dogs approve too.
Sorry you didn’t get to fish when you wanted, but I will keep my fingers crossed that you catch some BIG ones tomorrow.

Mel – I am SO glad you are getting to have a long weekend in the middle of this amazing rush at work. Hopefully your ‘batteries’ will be all recharged for the next few weeks. Do you get another break after all of this rush, or do things just settle back into some kind of normal routine?
You are certainly a brave lady to be hosting a party for 50 people! I have enough trouble planning something for just a FEW extras. I hope you have a wonderful time. Do you have to do all of the preparation, or is everyone bringing something?

WELCOME to all the new people!!!!! You have found a wonderful place to spend your time and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Sorry to all those I have missed. I kinda ran out of time and didn't have time to check the past threads. I am running on memory for some of the above and may have messed them up drastically.

Well everyone, I have to go. As I thought, my ‘brief’ message turned out to be another novel. Oops. Gotta rush to get ready for work today. Thankfully I have three planning sessions, so I have plenty of time to get ready.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 07-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #13  
Not Snoozing... Losing!

S/C/G: 295/288/285 MINI GOALS!

Height: 5'7"

Valerie - That is great you are doing so well while away! I hope you had a great picnic!

Ammi - I am glad your back is feeling a little better. Have you thought of trying a yoga class? Ever since I started going a few weeks ago my back is feeling pretty good and it used to spasm a bit.

Kayley - Thank you for the great welcome (thank you to everyone actually!) Y'all can call me Claire if you want to, since that is my name... I had not said that before so no, no one missed it. I am usually a little apprehensive about giving names out until I know I am at a "good" place and from what I have seen the last few days this is definitely good! Congrats on someone noticing you are doing so well. For me that can be a double edged sword, when people start noticing it triggers something in me to eat and feel self consious (I need to work on that!)

Im sorry you are having a lonely time. I can say I have been there and it stinks! I really do understand the feeling that you are the only one making any effort toward your friendships, it is like "why arent I good enough for other people to make an effort for me?" Because this always seems to happen I tend to keep people at a distance.

Can you find a class or something in the area to meet some new people?

Annie - Sorry your plans fell through! Hopefully all will turn out tomorrow. I feel like I am the only person who has to work Monday and have Tuesday off. Bleeh.

Mel - Sounds like you are having a fantastic and relaxing weekend! Thank you for re-posting the newbie stuff since I am one of said newbies.

Crock - Thank you for the wisdom about this being a lifestyle change, it is so easy to forget that! AND Yay at 2 more pounds kicked to the curb!

Zelma - I saw your before and after pics and you are such an inspiration! I am making your "jello fluff" tonight, sounds good!

Xena - Congrats on the loss! And for the picnic NSV!

Tracey - I need to clean my room too, I am such a procrastinator when it comes to house stuff!

Melissa - Thanks for the challenge info/invite. It sounds interesting but I think I am just going to focus on the exercise challenge and making my healthy changes since I am just starting out.

Today I had a good day I think. Went to the grocery store to get good lunch foods since I am going to pack my lunch now. My friends only ever want to go out but I know I can't go out all the time and make any progress. I told them I wanted to save money instead of the healthy thing because I have tried this tactic in the past and they really like to pressure about going out. At least if they think I don't want to pay to go out they may leave me be. Yes, I know I need new friends but I seem to attract high mainteneace friends who require me to do all the "friend stuff."

Sorry if I forgot anyone in my post... I am trying to learn to keep track of everyone!

Claire
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #14  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi gals. Got back from the movies a little while ago and then got in my strength training I had promised myself I would do today. I ended up not taking any grapes to the movies, but it was OK. I was a little tempted when I first walked into the theater smelling the popcorn but I stayed strong. (Oh, and you are right, Zelma, they definitely do NOT want you bringing your own snacks in...that's why I always carry a BIG purse to the movies!!! ) We ended up seeing Superman, which was OK, but not great. The guy they have playing Superman was extremely nice to look at though, so I guess that made it worth the price of admission!

After the movies we ate at Chili's so I was able to get a salad with dressing on the side. It ended up coming with breaded chicken rather than grilled so it was a few more points that I would have hoped, but overall not bad. On the way home I stopped at Target to buy a few things and I started feeling my binge habit coming on. And I did end up buying a whole bunch of candy and snack cakes wondering the whole time why I was doing it. But, somewhat of a victory follows. I did eat one of the candy bars on the way home but that was all. The rest I stuck way in the back of the freezer so I will forget they are there. I counted the points and wrote it down and I feel OK about it. If I could go back and do it again it would have been better not to eat any candy, but I am proud of myself that I stopped a binge before it started. That hardly ever happens and is really something I struggle with. To top it off, when I got home I promptly got out my weights and did some upper body work. So, good for me!

Valerie - glad to hear you are getting back OP. I can't imagine the challenge of staying OP while travelling! I know when I drive long distances in a car all I want to do is snack to pass the time!

Kayley - I bet that felt good to have your family notice such a big change in you. As for your feeling lonely, I think we can all relate to that at different times in our lives. Sounds like you are at an age where everyone is going through transitions...going to college, starting jobs, etc. It's natural to have some difficulties during these times. I know for me I find myself at a place in life where most people I know are married with kids and I am not so it can be a struggle to have a social circle that I fit in with. Anyway, I hope you make some friends at your new job or maybe, as someone else suggested, there is a class or some other activity you could get involved with to meet friends. I know you like to walk. I wonder if there is a walking club where you live?

Annie - I never saw the Bobby Darren movie that Kevin Spacey was in. I'll have to rent that one.

Claire - Good idea telling the friends your choice not to eat out is a financial one. I've never understood the phenomenon of friends who try to convince you to eat things you shouldn't when you are trying to be healtier or lose weight. I think we've all experienced it. I think I will try your idea next time someone pressures me to go out to eat for lunch!

Well, that's it for this evening. Take care, everyone.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #15  

Thanks to everyone for listening to my whining earlier...I think TOM has a pivotal role in today's whininess. Andrew came over after he got off of work, as he left some stuff at my house last night, and we decided to hop in the pool. We set up our inflatable volleyball net, and played water volleyball for 90 minutes! I love it when you exercise, and it doesn't FEEL like exercise!!! I'll be around for a couple of hours if anyone wants to chat.

TrIeD150 - Thanks...I added you. And to our group! I love it when we get lots of new faces around here!

Annie - Thanks so much As for meds...my shrink was talking about it, but I skipped my last session at the beginning of June, and haven't been back since. oops. I don't really wanna get on any meds for a while, though. I don't think I suffer from depression, just sometimes I get REALLY down...and I think TOM might be the culprit this time! Sorry you didn't get to go fishing today....but good luck tomorrow!

Ammi - I really am the youngest person at work...they are all at least 20-30 years my senior. I just don't think they'd have a lot of fun doing what I do! LOL.

Mel - I do love those words of wisdom! I think Thinthinker should put it on the Newbies sticky! Glad you are getting a nice long holiday weekend...and good luck with the cookout next weekend! I don't even KNOW 50 people!

Missy - You'll regret you said that, because I can tend to ramble on about nothing for a very long time!

Zelma - Your updates are in no way "verbal diahrrea"! I for one, love them! As for the loneliness...I would be perfectly happy to just spend my time with Andrew. I do love him so very much. It's just that he works a LOT, and when he is, I have absolutely nothing to do. I really need to get some new hobbies or something. He likes his alone time, too...and I'm not going to take that away from him.

Claire - So glad you feel comfortable here. This place is really great, and of the things I attribute my success to! The exercise thread that Wyllenn runs is fantastic! Really keeps me in check. And all the ladies (and rarely gentlemen) in here are truly happy for you when you have a loss...these people aren't fake, which I LOVE. We are like a family here. Accountability is a great motivator. I hope you like it here as much as I do. That's exactly what happens, and what I think to myself. Like, "why am I not worth it?". It really started to happen after my friend since kindergarten decided to ditch me for the boyfriend that I hooked her up with. She no longer has time for anyone BUT him. Whatever, though. -sigh- This area is horrible. LOL! I live in a teeny tiny farm town in the southwestern part of Michigan. I really can't afford to join Curves or anything right now...saving up the little money that I make for college...I graduate in a year and a half. And the thing about this area, is that everyone KNOWS EVERYONE. Gah. I just wish someone from around here would join 3FC, and I could have a workout buddy or something! Unfortunately, no one really lives by me. I'm babbling. (I tend to do that, so get used to it! LOL). Peer pressure AND food? UGH. Good for you for packing your lunch though...it's crucial to me!

Xena - Good for you for not binging! It could have been very easy to do with all the temptation! I, like you, take my purse with me to the movies, so I can sneak in my own beverage. Too expensive otherwise!

Last edited by kayleystar; 07-02-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Closed Thread