Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #1  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #944

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #2  
~Chrissy~

S/C/G: 310/254/150

Height: 5'3

Teahoney-WHOOHOO!!! 6lbs ROCKS! Isn't it such a nice boost when you are just doing the right things and you see a pay off? Such a motivation booster!
Toofatforyou-YAY FOR TWODERVILLE! Say goodbye to the 300's forever! I am glad the fat fairy paid you a visit!
Annie-How nice to see your smiling face! It really is nice to put a face with the name. Congrats on the place! That is so awesome!
Kayley-I saw the pictures you posted and wow you can see a difference. Look at those in comparison to how you looked before you started this journey and realize how far you have come. Compare those to ones you took when you were on that hike! There is SUCH a difference! I mean you have lost 70 POUNDS! That is like a olsen twin! I will jump up and down and do a little dance when I hit 70 lbs lost. You are seriously amazing!
Crock-I am glad things all worked out. And that it wasn't personal!
Ammi-I know you said something about this a week ago and I just spaced the responding. The photographer hasn't sent Chamar the CD with the pictures on it yet, so I have no pictures of me in the dress. As soon as I get some I will DEFINATELY post them!
Misti WHOOHOO!! The fat fairy came and you kicked her booty! I am glad you saw a loss.

Hi everyone! WI today and down another 4 lbs! WHOOT! It is nice when your hardwork is payed off, ya know? I went shopping last night at Lane and found this cute little nightgown on sale but they only had it in a 26/28 and an 18/20. I tried on the 26/28 and it was a little too big so I was like what the crap, I will try on the 18 and YOU GUYS!!! IT FIT! I was like OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It was a nice feeling. I mean it is going to be a while before I fit into 18 jeans or anything but to fit into that I was pretty happy. I also found a really pretty summer dress that I am going to wear to my cousins wedding on Saturday. I have just been having weddings left and right. It is starting to make this single girl feel a little lonely. Heh.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #3  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

LILION - AWESOME NSV!

ANNIE - My beautiful friend! So glad to see your lovely face in your avatar! I'm still trying to get around to having my digital pic taken. And why don't you take the AVERAGE of those three weights? I think that would be the most truly accurate anyway, plus it would put you at... hmmm... 473! I think that's more fair, instead of being as absolutely hard on yourself as possible. After all, it DID register as low as 466, and you weren't holding the cord to a hot air balloon to lighten yourself up! (I've tried that - it's a very iffy procedure at best.)

CROCK - Glad the Austin issue is pretty well settled. i imagine if I were his mom I would have just been too stressed at teh time to think of anything but my baby. I'm glad she at least called, and then called when they left so you weren't left hanging.

TEAHONEY -WTG!!! That's so great and I'm so excited for you. Little changes make big differences!

KAYLEY - I told Bill that I'm very funny and he should be glad to have me along and you said so... but he just rolled his eyes at me. Ya know, sometimes I don't think he fully appreciates me, the BUM!

UM UM UM>>> I know there were a bunch of things I really wanted to reply to... I KNOW I should have written as I read!!! I'm sorry!

As for my promises, doing GREAT on number one - eating OP. Not so good on the exercise, but still determined to get with it. And oh, that little thing I said about not getting on the scale... I caved in 3 times so far, and have been punished every time. The first scale said I was up to 290. The second scale I put in TWO quarters in, but it just kept saying "Put a quarter in" and the third scale said 296 *HUMBUG!* I suppose that should teach me a lesson. Anyway, after too many salty sunflower seeds, I better start drinking more water and praying that TOM is already on it's way early.

I did have one good thing happen this A.M.: I decided to have a hot meal in the restaurant & ordered my usual omelet (Cottage cheese, no hashbrowns or toast) but I couldn't eat more than 1/2 the omelet! One of the beauties of SB (for me) is that after a few days on plan my hunger is so much easier to satisfy. Portion control happens naturally!

Now... if I could just find a scale to give me a little GOOD news, I'd be willing to pay for it! Well, at least a quarter anyway

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 06-30-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #4  

Afternoon Ladies! Had a good morning so far...first thing this morning I weighed myself and was on track for a "normal" loss week. Better than last week! Then I went grocery shopping with DH, got lots of healthy stuff, veggies, fruit, lean meats, good snacks, etc. An online group I belong to is starting a July challenge...there's certain things you need to strive for each day, and for however many we complete we get a star on a large calender (we all bought one) and then we add up our stars at months end! FUN!! Anyways, so that's all my news for now.
Have a good day everybody, and stay OP!!

Melissa

EDIT: Also, I decided to put my picture as my avatar - it's from about a month ago, so up-to-date...although I don't know how long I will able to look at myself on every page, lol!

Last edited by Vilandra485; 06-30-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #5  

Idril way to go on losing that 4pounds!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #6  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

melissa~ Wonderful that you put your pic in your avatar. You are a beautiful lady! I love it when people get comfortable enough to share what they look like

Idril~ Way to go girl!!

Brenda
Old 06-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hpnotq: Yay on -2 more pounds!

Idril: Congrats on -4 more pounds

Val: Sweet Cute VAl. Good job on eating op. Good job on trying to exercise and you pill. Stay off those scales! Be safe on the road.

Melissa: Lovely picture. I love that you put your face on there. You are a pretty lady.

Blessings all,

I'm off to Curves.
Annie
Old 06-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #8  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Default !

Annie - Try not to worry about the gain. You said it yourself that your weighing method might cause a mistake. Just trust that you are doing the right things and your body will give up the weight. I know you can do it! As for my MP3, it seems pretty easy. I opened a 7 day free account at Napster.com just to try downloading some stuff for free. If anyone knows the best (cheapest) place to get music downloads, let me know!

teahoney - I could not be happier for you losing 6 more pounds! What you said really struck me. The part about just making some small changes and the impact it can make. I am VERY guilty of all or nothing thinking. I think I have to be beyond perfect in order to lose weight and when I can't be (who can?) I go way off the deep end the other way. I know this logically in my head but for some reason am finding it difficult to put into real practice in my life. Anyway, hope you have a great 4th weekend with your family.

I wish I had time for more personals, but I have to run. Weigh in is tomorrow. Not expecting good news. Still struggling with staying OP.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

In the style of Chandler from Friends, COULD I BE ANY LATER? Writing this that is I had a lovely day out at the Mumbles, then came home, quickly checked on here for news on Annie and Patti's weigh ins, and then I turned the PC off until now! I am 2 threads behind so I have a LOT of catching up to do before I go to sleep. So...............

Xena - how are you doing with the MP3 player. If you figure out how to use it let me know Beth had one from her dad for Christmas, she hasn't had chance to use it because we have no idea how to put our own CDs onto it. We don't want to have to pay to download from the Net.

Good luck with your WI tomorrow

Melissa - I am really pleased to see you have put your photo as your avatar. If you get fed up of it just change it for another one of you

My ex used to keep Ferrets, they are such lovely animals, and so clean. I think my ex got his from a farmer, but that's over here, I don't know where you would get one from over there.

Nancy - I am glad you decided not to go away this weekend, you really need to rest up. Well rest AND spend lots of time online Hopefully your BF will be able to come home a bit earlier to spend the 4th of July with you.

I had a wonderful time at the Mumbles thanks, but my feet are aching from all the walking lol.

Kayley - I hear you on the photos thing. I feel the same a LOT. Like today....I was feeling really good walking around the Mumbles, and then I would catch sight of myself in the mirror and think, I still look horrible. That said, I looked at your photos and you look amazing. Ok you are still overweight, but you are so obviously smaller than your previous photos, and you must be thrilled about how your face is changing too, so try not to feel too down about the pics

Guess what? I forgot to wear my pedometer today! Oh well I will just have to wear it next time I go. I walked for hours though, so I know I should have worked off some calories.

MariaLucia - your posts are always so great to read even if they are just to say hi. In your recent one I love how you said sparkles and giggles, very cute

Misti - you are SOOOO close to having lost that 50 lbs, let's hope that fairy fat mother stays nice to you for your next weigh in!

Luan - lovely to see you post, you are sounding very excited about your vacation. I hope you will have a lovely time. I also hope your WI goes well tomorrow

Sassy - I am glad that you come here if only to read and then post a quick hi. It upsets me when I learn that some people feel too overwhelmed with the speed and amount of posts we all write and they prefer not to post at all than try to keep up. Just having people say hi and let us know how they are doing is just great, we don't have to have or make individual replies. I hope you will feel better soon, those emotional roller coasters are no fun at all

Mary - that's awful that you are having such a hard time of it driving the bus because of the flooding. I hope the rain has stopped now and that the waters are receding.

I am glad you are ok about your small weight gain, you are right that changing from a morning to a night time WI will be the reason behind it. So hopefully next week you will see a nice loss.

Patti - I know I have been in touch already but just want to use the smilies to say it's great news that you got rid of that pesky lb and now are officially in Twotown

Tracey - 6 lbs is awesome you should be so proud of yourself. I am so glad that you had that great WI to help lift your spirits. It will go a long way to help you getting started on SB

Annie - good for you for being so positive and realising that some of that gain you have had is one you expected. It's also one that you will soon shift now that you are back on track. I am proud of you for not using the WI as an excuse to eat everything in sight. You are going to go all the way with this diet!!

congrats on getting the house, now you have all the exercise involved in the move

Crock - I am sorry to hear about Austin hurting himself. I can understand you being upset about them not telling you straight away, or not asking if you wanted a lift into the hospital with them as they were having to drive your way to get there anyway. I don't want to stick up for Kim, but I know if I was in her shoes and my Beth had been hurt, all I would be thinking of was getting her to hospital and looked after. I wouldn't have been thinking about who I should ring. Time enough for that when I know she is ok. So try not to take it too hard that they didn't get in touch sooner about him

Mel - I am glad you will get to a doctor when you have the opportunity, I am a worry wart and want to know you are going to be ok

Sorry that you saw a bit of a gain at WI this time. All that Mexican food would be full of salt, so you are probably retaining water. Good for you for letting this strengthen your resolve instead of weekening it

I hope you will have a wonderful break, sounds like it's going to be very much appreciated!

Kayley - is your aunt there now, what reaction did she give on your weight loss? IF you tell me that she didn't say anything then all I can say is that she is BLIND!!!

Thanks for letting us know about Julee, I was hoping it was wedding prep that was keeping her busy rather than anything being wrong. I hope she will pop in just to say hi. Like you said, no need for personal replies.

Brenda - great to see you here. Oh boy do I hear you on the not licking your fingers when you are making something. I used to make little cup cakes for the kids, but right now I would find it too difficult to not lick my fingers, so they are having to go without I am very impressed that you are that wedding cake, you are one talented lady. Do we get to see a picture of the cake when it's done?

Hpnotq - way to go on the 2 lbs lost, that's brilliant, onwards and downwards

Idril - brilliant news on the 3 lbs lost Also great news about that size 18 nightgown fitting you, what a buzz that must have given you. Like you said, all your hard work is paying off

Can't wait to see the photos from the wedding when Chamar gets the CD with them on it!

Valerie - good for you for staying OP with your eating, you may not be exercising as much as you would like, but I am sure you are pretty active anyway.

Excellent news on not being able to finish that omelette, I have yet to have a meal that I don't feel like finishing, but at the same time I am rarely hungry so I am doing ok I think.

Sorry the scales have been punishing you, fickly stupid things I would never weigh again if I could get away with it!!

Sharon - my friend where are you? Haven't seen any offline messages on MSN, no posts here or anything. I hope you are just busy in the garden or taking the boys out and that nothing is wrong.

Zelma, Christeneau, Catherine, Dusty, Jilly, Julee, Neurotica, and everybody else that I have missed, have a great holiday weekend (Zelma, just have a good normal weekend ) and hope to hear from you all soon.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofatforu
good morning. it is now official i am in twoderville! i saw it with my own eyes this morning!i am off now to change my ticker!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this thread changing so often drives me NUTS LOL. I posted in the other thread congratulating you and then realized it had changed again. So you will get double celebrating from me LOL.

More later to everybody! I'm off to go out running around with a friend for the evening... and maybe even sit in a BOOTH again at the restaurant LOL
Old 06-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

CONGRATULATIONS TOOFATFORU ON BEING IN TWOOOOOOOODERVILLE... I AM SO PLEASED FOR YOU
Old 06-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

aMMI~~ YOU are right about your thoughts on Kim, I am not a Mother, I look at things from Aunt Nonnie perspective. ya know? I just made a mountain out of a mole hill.. All is well. I have just finished my movie for the family reunion, needs some tweeking then it is done..... shewww..

Dogpal annie~~ God love you because I do to...
Old 06-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #13  

thanks misti and MS. crockett it was a tough fight but i made it!and i like double celebrations loland thanks for those lovely emoticons ms. crockett!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good late evening everyone. Worked today. Have 3 days off now, so I'm happy. Although, I DO have to go in on the 4th for 4 measly hours. And after posting this, I think you all know more than ANYONE should about my "personal" time with Andrew.....hahah...but I do love you girls, so. I feel like I can say anything and not be judged because of it. I don't think I've ever been this open. I just sorta wish that this forum couldn't be seen by EVERYONE...just members. Heh...Maybe I should just like...tone it down a bit sometimes, I guess...I dunno. I don't say anything TOO bad. GAH. Now I'm arguing with myself and just babbling, so I'll shut up about it...

This weekend is going to be HECTIC. As I mentioned before, my Aunt arrived today, and we are doing the family BBQ thing tomorrow, and then Sunday, no plans as of yet. Monday is fireworks, and Tuesday, we are planning on lighting our OWN fireworks, and going to the beach with my friend Katt, who's down from college for the weekend.

Brenda - I got the JMS Yoga from Ebay...lots of them available for only about $6. Like $11 after shipping for me. Cheaper than I saw it at the store, so I was happy! I'm a HUGE bargain shopper! Hope your party was fun! What's your drink of choice?

Crock - I would have been hurt, too. I'm super sensitive, though. Heh.

Annie - I wish I had your attitude when I had a gain! Send some of that MY way! I just get very angry with myself, and ridicule myself (even more so than usual).

Hypnotq - on that loss!!!!! You're so CLOSE to those 2's!!!!

Patti - I hit my first plateau right when I hit 300 lbs even. I was stuck there for about a month. So I knew what kind of frustration you were feeling!

Idril - Thanks for the compliment. I'm only about 10-15 pounds lighter than when I went hiking...and I attribute the pregnant look to the fact that I was wearing that certain shirt. (I can't be nice to myself EVER). I just hope I can tell a difference when I get to goal....
on that NSV!!! That's so GREAT! I bought a cute little nighty, and it FITS...this was a couple months ago...haven't tried it lately. Was a LITTLE tight back then...maybe I'll have to go check it out. I'm babbling. Anyhow, I was SO excited to be able to buy something cute like this, and Andrew's all, "Eh, I don't like lingerie". BAH TO MEN! He better enjoy it when I get to goal, cuz not only am I going to buy a hot corset, but I'll buy a whip, too! TMI TMI TMI. And CONGRATS on another FOUR pounds gone!!!! That first 25 is almost GONE!

Valerie - Trucker scales just canNOT be trusted. You are doing great! Only eating half an omelette! Even I'm not THAT good!

Missy - I'm so glad you decided to put a pic of you as your avatar! You're so pretty.

Ammi - I would be thrilled if I could see a difference. My Aunt got here today, but I haven't seen her yet. Not until tomorrow afternoon...we'll see how this goes. They say that your self esteem goes up as you lose weight....I'm ever so unpatiently waiting! HA
Old 06-30-2006, 11:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspuffypants
wyllen - i was lookin at all your info... do you think its at all possible for you to be at 195 by the 15th? that would make you have lost 100lbs in a year. not that your current work isnt AMAZING!! its just neat to say...
funny you should ask. I actually realized it might be possible some time in May. And I thought about making it a "goal" -- but that seems to go against how I've been doing things (I don't set deadlines for weightloss)... still, it seems so close, doesn't it?

but, what I've decided to do is not worry about it! I'm so focused right now on just getting to Onederland and then I'll see how fast those last few pounds come off. My weight loss has kind of slowed and I don't know that it will happen by the 15th. So, rather than 52 weeks, it may take 54 or 58 or 60 to lose 100 pounds, and I'm okay with that.

Though, were it to happen, and I lost 100 pounds in a year, that WOULD be quite cool.

I'll take it any way I can get it!!

Patti -- Congrats on getting to the 200s!!! There's a growing club of people to keep you company!

Annie -- I do what Val suggested -- I always weigh 3 times on official weigh in day, and the numbers usually range a few pounds. I usually take the average.

tracey -- 6 pounds is excellent. Keep that good attitude juju flowing!

idril -- wtg on the 18/20! I sometimes think there's something wrong with me. I'm getting down to 200 and only now fit 16W in pants (18 if it's not sized for "women"). When I weighed 280 I was definitely in the 26/28 range.

valerie -- just keep doing what you're doing (like eating 1/2 an omelet) and the scale will follow.

Last edited by Heather; 07-01-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Closed Thread