Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#927

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Am soooo tired, so much for my early night. I will post some replies tomorrow but for those interested here is a link to Mumbles, when you open the page there is info on the place, plus you can click on a link to see photos of the place. Enjoy http://www.visitswanseabay.com/about...articleid=4810

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #3  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone,

It is another FREEZING morning here. I think it is around 42F outside at the moment. BRRRRRR!!!!! I’m not sure it is a lot warming INSIDE, except in the bedroom, where I’ve left the heater on for when I have to finish getting ready for work. We are expecting about 64F today, which is still going to be very cold (for me anyway). Mind you, yesterday we weren’t expecting much warmer and it ended up being quite a nice day, so maybe I’ll just keep my fingers crossed. Just having the sun out makes a HUGE difference, and we tend to get a lot of wind here, which doesn’t help things at all.

Yesterday we had a beautiful morning at the aquarium. The kids had a wonderful time and were very well behaved. It was simply gorgeous to see the joy on their faces as they found each new section and each different animal. Some of them hadn’t been before, which I think is mainly because it is just too expensive. It makes me angry that they charge so much, which tourists will pay, as it is so unusual, but locals can’t afford. They have a huge tank where you walk underneath or can just stand on a travelator (like the ones they have at airports) to move around. You have sharks and enormous stingrays moving over your head, which is a wonderful experience. They also have a ‘Touch Pool’, which the kids simply adored. They were touching little stingrays and sea stars (starfish) and all sorts of interesting things. All in all, we had a lovely time, and the teachers weren’t even that stressed out, which is definitely a bonus!

We have the kids’ Cross Country on today, which will end up taking most of the afternoon I think. Our grade runs just after lunch, but then we have a school assembly shortly afterwards, to give out awards from the Cross Country. Oh well… who needs to teach anyway huh?

Tomorrow I have another Literacy Professional Development to go to (during the day this time), which should be very good. I am particularly happy that I have such a great student teacher in my room, because I don’t have to spend hours preparing for a relief (sub) teacher. My student teacher is taking all of the lessons at the moment anyway, so I can just walk out of the room and know that the kids are in good hands.

I had my 5th day without a nap yesterday. This is such a new experience, and I am loving it! I am definitely tired by the evening, but that is normal I guess after a day at work. I am used to having an afternoon nap, but then not being as tired at bedtime, so this is working out very well at the moment.

Sue Marie – I know you are training to be a teacher, and I know that you are currently working with 8th graders, but I’m not sure if you’ve said which grade level you are hoping to work with when you finish. I am currently teaching grade 2 (most of my class is turning 8 this year, but a few just turned 7 in Feb), but my favourite grades are 4 and 5. I love that age because they are still ‘little kids’ and enjoy doing little kid stuff, but you can hold a good conversation with them, and they get MY humour. They also aren’t too big for their boots yet, and usually don’t quite have the ‘attitude’ of the older kids. When will you graduate? How is the job market in teaching where you are? How much teaching practice do you get? I have a 4th year student teacher in my room at the moment for 8 weeks. She will do another 8 week practicum at the end of the year. Our student teachers come out to schools one day a week for about 20 weeks in their first year of training, and then have a one week practicum in the last term. Then they have a few weeks of practice in their second and third years of training as well. I’m not sure if they have one or two each year.

Patti – I’m glad you found it easier than you expected when you did the 35 mins. I have found that I can quite easily add 5 mins to my workout, without really noticing it. I have to watch that I don’t add TOO many 5s though. Today I had to listen to my body and just do 30 mins on the bike, instead of the 40 I had been hoping to do. I am getting better at doing that. I still like to push myself a little, (I could have EASILY just done 20 mins) but just not too far. Sorry the workmen didn’t even turn up, but at least you know how the new routine will feel now, for when they DO turn up.

Ammi – You are VERY lucky to not have to pay for braces over there. I’m pretty sure that EVERY dental procedure has to be paid for over here. We have a school dentist on site, and I don’t think parents have to pay for their kids to go there, but that is just for checkups and fillings or other minor stuff I think. For major work they have to get another dentist in, or the kids go somewhere else. I am pretty sure that they would pay for that sort of stuff, but maybe the minor stuff is paid for if it is done at the school dentist. I should ask one day, as I am curious now.

Annie – It sounds as though you have your perfect birthday planned. I kinda feel a little sad when I hear people talk about looking forward to spending time with their parents. If I spend too much time with my parents, they just tend to get on my nerves! Maybe the problem is ME, and not them. Poor Mum has to call now and then to make sure that we are still OK, because I don’t even call them that often. I often worry about how I would feel if something happened to them and I hadn’t seen them in ages, but even THAT doesn’t encourage me to visit. They are less than a two hour drive away, so I really don’t have any excuses. I am sure we will visit them in the next holidays. To be honest, I just find it easier if there are other people there for us to talk to as well. Maybe I will ask Mum to invite some Aunts and Uncles, so I can catch up with them as well. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family.

Prof – Welcome, and I hope to see many posts from you.
I would agree with the others that you may not want to put a time frame on your weight loss. It could be possible that you could lose that much, but you don’t want to set yourself up for disappointment. I set a time frame on my weight loss, but it was over two years, so I had a little more time for plateaus etc. You should just stick to your healthy lifestyle and celebrate any loss you see, no matter WHEN it happens.

Sassy Chick – Hi! You are most welcome to say more than just hello. We would love to hear more from you when you feel ready to face us all. As you can see, some of us (me definitely included) tend to talk a little TOO much, so it can be hard to catch up on what is going on.

Nancy – I can relate to not taking medications before a procedure. I got my info on the gastroscopy and colonoscopy and it said to stop taking certain medications. I’m not sure whether I take those anyway, I’ll have to read it all again. But it will be frustrating to have to stop a couple of them for too long, because it takes a while for them to build up in the body, so I will be starting from scratch again. Frustrating!

Sharon – I am SO glad that Aiden is feeling better. I’m sure that he’ll be keeping you on your toes again in no time!

Xena – I loved reading about your trip to Europe. I have not been on many holidays, just Singapore, Bali (didn’t like that AT ALL), Canada and the US. Europe is definitely somewhere I would love to see. I just love the history of the place. I could spend DAYS in castles I think. I hope you get that scrapbook finished some day. I am looking forward to working on mine again, just for the fact that it will make the memories fresh again. Kinda like reliving the trip.

Bea – I suppose your daughter is a little young to be working out her own medication. When our kids are younger they use a ‘spacer’, which is a larger vessel that the ventolin spray attaches to. The spray is ‘puffed’ into the ‘spacer’ and then the children can just inhale normally, rather than having to coordinate their inhaling exactly in time with the ventolin puff. I’m glad her teacher will be able to sort things out easily enough. That will certainly give you peace of mind.

Well, other individuals will have to be done later, as I am kinda running a little late to get ready for work. Oh well… I don’t have to teach today, just work on reports and check in on the student teacher, so at least I don’t have any preparation to do before I start. I will still get there with easily a half hour to spare, so I am not worried in the least.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 06-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #4  

Zelma the first 35 went ok but later when i found out the men werent coming til thursday i did my 25 and and then my last ten and it went soo slow. i am much better early in the morns!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #5  

Ammi mumbles looks to be a very pretty place. i would love to go walk all over that castle.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Hello Girls..

All is well here. Had a slight shower this afternoon, I am going to a cook out Friday, I will be preparring BBQ chicken tomorrow to take my own meal with me, and a salad. We will be setting around the camp fire and BSing,, good times in my book.. I may be going to another Nasacar Race.. I hope to go .. just beginning the planning stages of it..
Old 06-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Vilandra: Welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and to being on this journey with you. All the ladies are wonderful here.

Kayley: Good luck at all the jobs. I hope that you get offered a postion at all of them so you can choose the best one for you.

Ammi: Thanks. Back at you on that tracker moving down.

Zelma: Oh, hugs. I didn't get along with my Mom at all. I loved her so much but she just didn't feel the same about me. It was a shock when she had a brain anuerism 1 day after her 63rd birthday and 1 day after we got into a huge argument. I never got to talk to her again when she was not in a coma. That is a huge regret for me. I hope that you don't face any regrets when your folks are gone.

Crock: I hope you get to go to your Nascar. I told my hubby about you and he thinks it is so cool. We have a race car track right by our house where we live right now and it is so loud every Saturday and tonight It will be loud too because it is Family night there.

Blessings all,
Annie/ Dogpal
Old 06-08-2006, 12:06 AM   #8  
Freedom awaits us

Default Hello Ladies

Ya Hoo

Lost another 2.4 lbs.

All the best.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:15 AM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well I meant to get back here tonight, but then we had the last few episodes of 24 season 4 on dvd and couldn't stop watching. I will hopefully be back tomorrow, if not there is always the weekend! I weigh in tomorrow but I am pretty sure I will be up. I have been retaining water like crazy - I feel so puffy! Oh well, it can only be helped by me not eating so much salt and I haven't been doing so well in that department.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Morning All,

Well it's a gorgeous morning here, and I can't go out Last night I developed a migraine headache, and although the pain killers seem to be helping with the pain, I woke up this morning feeling really sick. If we had gone to the Mumbles as planned then I would have spent the whole time fighting throwing up in public. So we are staying home, and if the weather is nice tomorrow, and I am feeling ok, we will go to the Mumbles then. Today will just be a quiet day, sat up in bed on my PC, and maybe some sleep later on.

Zelma - it is so weird reading about how cold it is there when it is so hot over here. Normally it's the other way around. I have a friend in QLD and even in your winter she will be moaning about the heat. I have to admit it's been a lovely couple of weeks here and I love it.

Glad to hear the aquarium visit went so well, it sounds like a gorgeous place. I especially love the sound of the touch pool, and the travelator. I could ride on them all day

Hope the cross country goes well today and that your kids win something. Are kids still taught to be competitive in school sports there? Over here they are doing this in it for the fun of it thing and trying to keep kids less competitive.

Well done on another day without a nap, it's amazing how much more you can acomplish when you don't sleep isn't it. I find I need to sleep in the day a lot less than I used to. It all depends on what kind of night I had.

The friend in QLD I mentioned earlier, she has a son who has terrible terrible teeth. He is desperate for braces but they are so expensive that my friend just can't afford them. I think it's terrible that something so important should cost so much that people just have to go without over there. When I first went to a dentist over here I was 19 and the guy was shocked that my parents hadn't made sure I had braces. My teeth aren't bad really, but braces would have made them perfect. I explained that it costs big bucks in Australia to have braces and he was stunned

Patti - I am glad you had a look at the web site for The Mumbles. The castle is awesome and it's on such pretty grounds with a view of the bay which is stunning. Daren and I have been for many a picnic up there. Next time we go I will have to take some photos and put some links on here for you to see.

I hope the work men turn up today so that if you have gotten up early to work out again it will prove to have been necessary

Crock - I hope the weather stays dry for the cook out. Well done to you for planning on taking your own meal. I know at times I think it sucks that we have to make the extra effort to plan food for social occasions. But the rewards are plenty when we see the weight coming off.

that you get to another Nascar race, have you ever met the driver of 24??

Annie -

Elaine - excellent news on being another 2.4lbs down, just like me you are a mere 4 lbs away from being 299 lbs and out of the 300s forever

Nancy - I hope you have a nice surprise and don't see a gain when you weigh in. At least there is one good thing about feeling bloated, you know that if you do see a gain it's because of that and nothing else. Also the next time you weigh then you are bound to see a good loss, so that's something to look forward to.

I hope you enjoyed watching all those episodes of 24. Guess what? I have never watched even half an episode. It's not because I don't like the look of it, it just always clashes with something else I watch.

Ok well I think I am going to write an email or two now and then try to get some sleep. Hopefully when I wake up I will feel better. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #11  

Ammi so sorry to hear you are feeling bad. maybe you will feel better soon. i did get up early to exercise... the 35 minutes in the morning isnt all that bad but i do worry about exercise later on when it will be so hot! My sister went to Wales last summer but i cant remember where she said she visied i know she went to some castles cuz i asked her if she saw any ghosts!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies,

I see I have caused you all to scratch your heads a little? lol. It's me -- "Formerly known" as the "Fatt_Lady". Thanks to the WONDERFUL ladies here, they were able to change my User ID to Sassy_Chick. So THANKS to the wonderful, wonderful Mods we have here!

I have decided to "come out" of hiding and not be ashamed of myself anymore for my weight. So that is why I wanted to change my ID and now am using my real name, Shel.

So sorry to have confused anybody here!!!!!! It's still me, Flady or Lady but I have "came out" of hiding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now you can call me Shel if you like!

Have a Great Day Ladies!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Shel - I'm so glad you've done this.

We don't have anything to be ashamed of, only if we STOP taking care of ourselves!

Sue
Old 06-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks Sue and that is SO true!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #15  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well, I was right - I weighed in this morning at 305, 3 pounds up from my last weigh in. However, I also took my % body fat (gotta love those gadgets!) and my BF% went from 47.6 to 46.8. When calculated out I actually lost a pound of fat. So I am not moving my ticker and hopefully I can manage my salt better and get rid of this extra water.

I feel really exhausted today (yesterday too). I don't know if it is from going to bed too late, not being able to take my vitamins or pushing myself a little to hard during my workouts. I am really looking forward to this weekend for some down time. I’ll still workout, but I will let myself sleep in. The odd thing is how good I felt last weekend. Oh well - hopefully I can figure it out and have better information on how to keep my energy levels more stable.
Closed Thread