Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #1  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again...#918

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:17 AM   #2  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Just wanted to stop in and say hello...I'm starting to get sleepy and am a thread and a half behind. I'll try to make it in tomorrow morning to catch up. Hope everyone had a great week and is ready for a great weekend!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Welcome Dancermom01!

Welcome Dancermom01! I'm new here as well! It is a great place!

Here is my intro if your interested:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83939

*Flady*
Old 05-27-2006, 03:47 AM   #4  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hpnotg – Hey there, I’m studying to be a teacher. I actually have a degree in computer graphics, but when I got laid off, I decided I wanna go back and work my way up to teach computers, but I’m actually loving my job right now. I work with 8th graders in math. I actually finished my bachelors in March and will do the walk ceremony in June… june 18th. I graduated with honors. In April, I started my credentials for teaching. I should be done with my credentials this time next year. I hope sooner tho… trying to take some summer courses, to make it go faster.

Kayley – I love my psych course *grin* but I was just so exhausted from the weekend. The class I really don’t like is my Tuesday night class… UGH!

AmmiUk – Yes I watched both the CMAS and AI… YAY FOR TAYLOR!!!! As for CMAS… dude… (or dudette)… Kelly Clarkson ruined Rascal Flatts song!!! Don’t get me wrong, she can sing, but she butchered the sone I’m a huge Rascal Flatts fan hehehe Confession is good for the soul and I think as long as you are honest with yourself it should all work out.

Man it’s been a busy past few days, between school and landscaping… I’m SORE! I did 15 minutes on the treadmill tonight… which according to it, was ½ a mile. I didn’t do too much on it tonight, due to the landscaping… we laid some cement down to make a border for the sand to go into. This is for the pool to sit on top of to give it a softer bottom rather than hard concrete. Altho the sand feels like concrete with the water in the pool

I’ll catch up with everyone later… I’m sorta scared about weigh in on Sunday hehehehe…. EEK! I’m trying to put in extra exercising other than landscaping all day… so lets hope there’s not gain. A lost would be nice tho…

Ni Ni Everyone
Old 05-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #5  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Bill will be home in 3-4 hours, I have several things I MUST do before then, and all I want to do is go back to bed, so I have to refrain from doing replies right now. I guess I'll just say: Yes I did my workout this morning bring me to almost 700 minutes, 650 of which were in the last week. Thanks, NANCY, for reminding me about hormones being stored in fat, which almost certainly is effected by all this exercise. I won't be concerned unless it continues for a time. And Finally, the rotten, lousy, mean-spirited, LYING scale said I've gone back UP to 285 again as of this morning, after a week of 90 min/day exercise and 1000-1400 cals/day, and previously dropping 3. Don't worry, I'm not pleased, but I'm NOT upset about that silly water fluctuation... I'll just add some more fiber and do 20 minutes on the treadmill before bed, and THAT will change it's rude attitude!

Also, all this talk about Wales is great. Has me setting my sights that little dream. Anyone ever seen a movie set in Scotland called 'Dear Frankie'? Watched it last night. Doesn't move real fast, but I really liked it!

Blessing & good health to you all!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 05-27-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #6  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Well, I was down 0.6 at my weighin this morning. Better than nothing, especially considering I didn't stay OP for the better part of the week. Once again is a new week and time to refocus. My goal is to journal all my food like I did back at the beginning. It works! I really really REALLY want to make it to my short term goal of 25 pounds gone. I had gotten as close as 24.8 several months ago and have bounced around ever since then. Gosh darn it, I want my 25 pound WW magnet!!!

Flady - Glad your pink eye is better. That's some yucky stuff!

Dusty - Yes, I did love the accent. I love all kinds of accents. Anyone who sounds different than me, who is from the midwest, intrigues me. I halfway blame falling in love with a TX accent for the fact that I live here now!

dancermom - No, you are definitely not alone. Glad you decided to join us!

SueMarie - I LOVE Rascal Flatts too! They are coming here in concert next month and I hope to be able to find someone to go with me!!!!

Valerie
- Those darned scales can be a real pain in the patootie. But, sounds like you have the right attitude about it.

Hope eveyone celebrating Memorial Day has a lovely long 3 day weekend! Take care!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #7  
aka Valerie

Default HEY! GOOD NEW!! The truck is broke!!!

Bill says he needs to take it in to the shop again. He thinks the guy who did the alignment/balancing last week bent something else when he did it, so he's having someone else look at it because we are getting vibration in the front end. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS????????????????? yes!!! Another day at the house - WHOOPIE!!! I may even get a workout in on Weds! S'cuse me while I go dance off another calorie <BG>

XENA, You've got the determination and the plan! I TOTALLY agree - logging food really works!

Uh-oh. BIll just called me from the motorcycle shop and wants me to come by. His jeep is about to die, so I told him if we find a reasonable bike it would be a good idea with the fuel prices the way they are. But YIKES, I'll probably end up riding it, too. (Scared to death of the things, but I can get over it if need be.) C-YA

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 05-27-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:17 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Good Saturday Evening, Ladies!

Well its HOT here. In the high 80's.........I had a very difficult time sleeping at the inlaws, which I figured. (house/pet sitting) It was just so HOT in their house. THey had the thermastat set at 75 so we put it down a few since its soooooooooo hot today.

And I thought our cat had issues. but theirs makes mine look normal! Mine is okay if there SOMEONE there. But their cat was having major issues. Meowing and crying, sitting by the door waiting for in-laws to come through. I tried everything, petting, talking to her, feeding her, etc.........ARGH its like having a cranky 2 yr. old! lol.

Well have a Great Evening!

*Flady*
Old 05-27-2006, 10:40 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

Hey NANCY?! Gotta spare gasket I could blow for you?? Last weekend Bill was looking at motorcycles on the 'net. He found one for $1,200, and I told him to buy it. At that price, with his Jeep on it's last cylinder and the price of gas so high, it made sense. Well, it was gone, so today he has me come down to the dealership and what's he looking at? Yes - the $17,000 brand new bike with a CB, etc.! The cheapest one he was looking at was 10 grand. "But it's only $100 dollars a month for the first 2 years." (Can we say interest only here?) And we'd be paying for it even when he couldn't use it... kinda like my horses I'm thinking, only the bike is more USEful than the horses, which are pure luxery. Of course I can't tell him that I've gotten rid of one horse & have another on a half lease and am putting that money into credit card payments. If I admit that, then I might lose the cash. He deserves a bike, surely as much as I deserve my horses. It's that pricetag that's killing me. They already ran his credit on it, and they wouldn't go over 14k, so I'm saved from the 17k bike, but oh brother...

On the up side, I spent some time at the barn tonight, did a lesson & cleaned stalls for a while. I remember when that would have KILLED my back, not to mention how tired my feet & legs would have been. Now I only have to suffer tomorrow from working my 'shake-n-sift' muscles in my arms and upper back. Today it didn't bother me in the slightest. Also I had another great day as far as my eating was concerned. Probably should have had more veggies, but then you can never have too many veggies. I ordered a colon cleanse to help, um, move things along? I do natural liver/gall bladder flushes occasionally and those are tremendously helpful, and since the CF was recommended by a respected friend who's knowledgable about a lot of holistic health care, I decided to try it. We'll see.

I'm going to give the scale another chance to be polite tomorrow morning. Fortunately for that scale, I'm a patient woman... but persistant. It IS going to come around to my way of thinking!

On that note, I'll say good night!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 05-27-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:19 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

so i went back to weight watchers today. i havent been in weeks, and i was really afraid that i was gonna have a scary gain, but i went and did it. and really, i maintained. i gained .4, but in 4 weeks, thats not bad, especially because i havent thought about being on plan AT ALL for a month at least. i have been SO busy (i know that isnt an excuse) but im glad to be back on track

hope the holiday finds you all well

Luan
Old 05-28-2006, 03:45 AM   #11  
melissa.chickie

S/C/G: 348/331/236

Height: 5'8"

Gonna give this forum a try too!

This is my first time posting here because I think it will take a whole lot of time, but I think I will find lots of encouragement here by participating in it. I hope you'll not mind me posting.

I usually post at nights because of my 4 month old son's feedings. He is like clock work and to have some Mommy-time alone is an awesome thing to have. I wish I could just do my excersizing at night now...that would make it easy...but its scary walking in the dark....not that my neighborhood is bad or anything.

Anyways, I need to get some sleep. I'll try to post later on today when it is more a decent time. Good night and Happy Memorial Day Chickies!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:48 AM   #12  
~Chrissy~

S/C/G: 310/254/150

Hi everyone! Had my WI and lost 3 more lbs! WOOT! Am so excited! I did a little dance and changed my ticker! I even cheated a little last night. Some of my coworkers and I went out to eat and I did well with dinner. I had a chicken salad and it was yummy. But the place that we went to, it's called Roosters and they have the BEST bread pudding and I don't like bread pudding. And all I really wanted was taste so I got it but we all shared it. I mean its a girls night out, can't count calories on a girls night out right? And today I was completely OP. I only feel a little guilty about it. Tomorrow am going to the movies with my mom to see The Da Vinci Code. I read the book, but it was so long ago that I won't be disappointed if things are left out. Cross your fingers that I don't eat too much popcorn. I figure if my mom and I share a small one and no extra butter it shouldn't be too bad. Maybe I just won't get any...might be better that way. I guess we will see. The wedding is in exactly 2 weeks and I would like to loose another 3-6 lbs before then. Hopefully from right around my rib cage. lol Too bad we can't choose where we lose weight from. Heh. Anyway it's getting late and I better be off to bed. I hope everyone is having a great and OP weekend!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:51 AM   #13  

congratulations on your good loss!
Old 05-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #14  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Valerie - Do you mind my asking what brand of colon cleanse your friend recommended? I would be interested in something like that. I sympathize with you on your money situation with your hubby. I hope things work out the way you want them to.

Luan - I am glad the results at the scale were not bad at all. WTG getting yourself back to WW and on a holiday weekend too!

Melissa - Of course we don't mind you posting here. The more, the merrier. Look forward to hearing more from you

Idril - Congrats on another 3 pounds gone. Good luck with that bridesmaid's dress. I saw the picture on the picture thread. It is lovely! What color will it be?

I don't have much to report. I was OP yesterday and have a good feeling I will be today too. I plan to get out in my backyard this morning and cut down the mini jungle that is growing back there. I have so much crappy overgrown landscaping back there that was there when I bought the house a year and a half ago. I really just want to get it all out and start over next spring.

In other mudane news (but exciting for me) I finally got to order some patio furniture from Target.com that I have been wanting. I have held off because they wanted $170 just to ship it and I refused to pay that much. I could have bought it from the store but the whole set came in one giant box and I had no way of getting it home. Anyway, this morning I got an email from Target.com offering free shipping on a bunch of their patio furniture. WOOHOO! I am very excited to get it. It's nice and comfy and will be great when it cools off this fall to go out there and read a book.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #15  
aka Valerie

GOOD FOR YOU, LUAN!! You got back to it a lot quicker than I did, but isn't it great to know that you CAN maintain and not lapse back into self-destruct mode?! Glad you're geared up to get back with the Plan after your break, and I'm looking forward to reading about your next success.

MILISSD1, Yes this thread keeps us busy, and most of us get behind now and then, (heaven knows I do!) but we're glad you're here! It's a great group! ** I love walking at night, and often don't have any choice. I'm usually in some relatively unfamiliar place, since we're out on the truck somewhere. I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable - Recently I was on a secure military base in an area with nothing in sight but an occasional armed guard and some cows, and I still felt weird. It tends to keep all your nerves on edge, and very aware of everything around you in all directions, even in your own neighborhood. ** As to your comment on the exercise thread about my work at the barn, thank you, but I'm not always "working" physically. I'm giving lessons, or just fiddling around, so I figure that comes under just normal activity for me. I'd feel guilty if I counted just standing around, changing someone's stirrup length, or moving a couple ground poles. I only count it if I'm exerting myself in some way, like with the stall cleaning yesterday.

About that stall cleaning, *NSV* time: I always get soreness in my arms, back and shoulders when i do stalls from all the lifting and shaking, but I've been doing so many arm exercises lately, that my arms don't hurt AT ALL today! YEAH - EXERCISE!

IDRIL - WHOOP, WHOOP! on that 3 more pounds down! Good luck on the @ the movie. I caved the other night and just had 4 hands full or so, but that sodium just KILLS. Enjoy the show and just wash it all out with plenty of water... which reminds me, where's my H2O bottle???

Hi PATTI ! I hope you're doing good and having an OP... or at least a really fun Mem Day!

XENA, she recommended Colonix, which was recommended to her by holistic doctor/chiropractor. She swears by it and said it made her energy rise, reduced bloatiness in the gut area, and it's supposed to get rid of all kinds of nasties that build up in that part of your system. The great thing in my case its that I can do it on the truck. I know there are other ways to do the same thing, using just common ingredients, but that would get too complex for me to follow on the truck. It's supposed to be done over about 3 months, but I just bought a one month pack on EBay to try it out. There's lots of info on the CureZone site, too, but they're kind of hardcore as in "their way is the only way." But the info is good. That's where I got my liver/GB recipe and it was every bit as effective as they said. In my case I avoided surgery (since the knife guys were VERY eager to have my GB as soon as they found out I still had one. No treatment, no waiting, just "Quick, strap 'er to the table and let's CARVE!") ** As for the money thing, well, I'd LIKE to win the lottery, but they tell me I can't count on that. We'll work something out. I'm in a good frame of mind to deal with the situation after this week off. THanks so much for your good wishes! ** Congrats on your new lawn furniture. What a nice addition it will make to your new home. Sitting outside is wonderful, relaxing and refreshing to the spirit, I think.

HEAVENS, I DO ramble on. Off to get some private time with my pony boys for the first time this week. I hope everyone has great reason to smile today - especially if you happen to be looking down at the / scale.
Closed Thread