Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #16  

Unhappy

thanks ammi for your kind works. i think it is just a fluky thing.. i am not feeling well today so it could just be a hormone thing!
Happy Birthday Misti!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Patti - sorry you are feeling unwell. Between that and seeing that naughty lb rearing it's ugly head it's no wonder you are feeling a bit low. Still you wait and see, next time you weigh, the lb will be gone, and hopefully you will be feeling well soon too, and be feeling much more optimistic about things

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #18  

Thanks for the kind words. exercise was hard to do today and i still got 20 minutes left to do. if i werent menopuasel i would swear i was going to have a visit form TOM. i hate to feel nauseated i am aways scared that means my cancer is coming back and i cant deal with that! anyways gonna drink my shake and , shake off this bad feeling and think of good things.. like Taylor winning AI!But what will we do next week with no Idol to watch?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:40 PM   #19  

Hi All,

Just a quicky before I go make tea. I posted a pic of me and Beth on the pics page. It was taken on her birthday

Patti - I just sent you a PM

bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #20  
Dusty

S/C/G: 325/307/150

Ammi, I was only in Wales for three weeks to come see Gino. I almost never went home too!! Those darn Welsh boys! Well you are right, Gino came from an Italian family, with a name like that… Oh well, I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. Maybe it was a good thing that I left and came back to my parents wailing “I MISS GIIIINOOO”. His true colors showed shortly after!! Oh well, I gained 60 pounds after that break up. Now I’ll get sexy and come back to Wales and show him what he’s missing!! Haha. Yeah I’ll give you his address and you can go kick his dumb Italian butt for me. hehehe, oh well. I still loved Wales and love the people there. Everyone is so nice. And I felt they treated larger women a little bit nicer there. It may have just been because I was in this gaga love phase. Maybe I am wrong, I felt human there! That was really nice.

Oops gotta run back to work! Talk later guys!
~Dusty
Old 05-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #21  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi chickies!

We had a 'sub' instructor at my workout class this morning. She used an older routine that everyone knew except me, and it was a really fast one that was difficult to pick up on. I almost gave up and quit several times... but I didn't. I hoped that the floor work and weight work would be more doable, and it was. Challenging, sometimes with muscle fatigue to the point of painful, but still doable! I was SO glad I stayed, and many of the girls including the leader made a point of saying how glad they were I stayed. I can't believe how sweet and supportive they are. I saw the instructor actually stumble in her routine when she thought I was leaving. Anyway, I made my 90 minutes.

Now, if I could just convince the scale that I'm actually losing. It dropped a pound a day for the first three days I was home, but then got stuck. It doesn't really bother me since I know with the workouts I've been doing that my BFI has to be slowly getting lower. I know I'm doing what I need to do, and havng a stubborn scale at this point only makes me work harder at it... I haven't had a starchy carb today. Not even one Cheerio! THAT's where I need to be, right CROCK? Back on Phase One of SB!

I do have one concern, and it's probably nothing, just that TOM left about 8 days ago, but I've started having some signs lately. Could that be just the extra physical activity since I'm so sedentary on the truck, or do you think it might be anything more serious? I know - no doctors on the list. I just thought as women you might have some experience with something similar.

LILION, you lease a horse with any number of variable arrangements, like where it will be kept; who pays for board, vet, shots, blacksmith; who will be allowed to ride it and in what ways (english/ western/ on trails, etc); length of lease; whether lessons or tack are included... Whatever two parties agree to, usually dictated by the owner. Only the poor horse has nothing to say about it.

DUSTY, Wales sounds WONderful! (Gino does not.) That's a land I'd love to see some day... from horse back <BG>

Sorry to be really short on replies. I have so much to do that should already have been done, and so little time to do it, that I may go into semi-lurker mode. Nothing's wrong, and I don't mean to offend, just busy.

Luv U guys!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

HEY GIRLS!!!

I hope you are all doing good on this Friday afternoon! It's in the 90's here, but not as humid so it's not terribly bad. The kids are winding up their first week home and we all survived if you all can believe that!

The trip to Grant's Farm was awesome! Where can I post them? I'd love for you all to see them! The kids fed the goats from little baby bottles and they were so excited except when the goats tried to eat their clothing!

CONGRATS to all you losers out there! I actually signed the papers for my refund from LAWL today and it's a Godsend because our mortgage will be $400.00 more a month starting in July!

For those of you on the WW point system, I "sort of" started it today. Here is how I counted it - one bagel = 3; 2 slices of 2% cheese = 2; cauliflower = 0; and ranch dip = 8 for a total of 13 points so far at 2:12 pm. Is that about right?

I'm sure the points will get easier as I go along.

VAL: Abbi just gave me the rest of your postcards!! THANKS SO MUCH!! The Wyoming ones with the animals were SO cool! We really really appreciate it! When you were in Vandalia, IL you were only about an hour from here! If you ever get close to St. Louis again, give us a holler!!

ANNIE: I'm SO proud of you! You are doing awesome with your eating and going to Curves! I am really inspired by you! KEEP GOING!!!!

AMMI: HEY GIRL! I'll look for you on MSN sometime this weekend! We need to CHAT!!

HEY TO EVERYONE ELSE!!! Thanks for all the personal replies - I just get such little time on this computer that it's hard for me to read everything - the kids practically FIGHT me to get on!!

Have a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend! THANK A VET!!!

Old 05-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #23  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ok - here's a real quickie because I should be working. I have been debating whether or not to leave early because of the holiday weekend. Traffic where I am can be HORRENDOUS. It once took me over 3 hours to get home on a Friday before a long weekend. I cross a huge bridge that everyone needs to get over if they are going to the Jersey shore.

I came home after dinner last night and lay down on the couch and I was OUT. It was only like 10:00, but I was so tired. I got a good night's sleep last night though.

Annie - You are so rockin'! Another 4 pounds is incredible.

Ammi - That was a great pic of you and your daughter. Thanks for sharing! I am glad she had a good b-day. I loved your comment "I am like a ******ed hour glass" Too funny!

Valerie - Estrogen is the major factor in regulating women's cycles and it is also active in fat tissue. When you lose fat it can mess with your estrogen levels and cause different weirdnesses. On the other hand, I need my surgery because I bleed all the time, although it started off as a small amount of break through bleeding along with very heavy periods. If it is a one off I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if it seems to be happening a lot you might want to make an appt with your gyn.

Patti - You are working out a lot. If your body doesn't feel up to exercising it is OK to give it a little break. If you aren't feeling well, especially if you have already done most of your exercise for the day, then maybe your body is telling you that you need a rest.

Dusty - I saw that jumping jack challenge and I thought it is going to be awhile before I am ready for anything like that! But either way a good sports bra is definitely a good thing to have. Thanks for posting your pics - it is always great to see what people look like. You are really cute and I like your glasses.

I know I missed a bunch of people, but I really should get back to work!

Oh, except I can't help but mention one more item in the money saga. Last night we were in the car on the way home from dinner and my BF mentioned that he was talking with a bunch of guys at work about owning property. We hadn't looked into it before because it is VERY expensive here and we don't want to stay for that long, but he started talking about the possibility of getting something and what about interest only mortgages to make it cheaper, etc. I blew yet another gasket, but just calmly told him that I wasn't ready to make any financial commitments together before he got his stuff together. I don't know how many gaskets I have, but they are going fast!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Ammi: The entertainment center actually went together very nicely! I love how it turned out!! Maybe when I get off work tonight I'll take a pic of it and post it! We actually had extra screws etc, Im not sure if thats worse then not enough!! hahahahah..

Well I am down another pound today This is exciting! only 9 more lbs till I am in the 200's!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Ammi: Thanks a bunch as always you are so encouraging. As I type this I know I should head off to Curves because they are closed tomorrow and I don't want to miss my opportunity to get my 95 minutes in by the end of May. I can do 30 on Tuesday and 30 on Wednesday and If I do 30 today then I will be doing my goal. The only problem is my back is really hurting. So, I'll see if I can tough it out.

Patty: Big hug to you on your +1. It iwll be ok. Maybe you are gaining some muscle. That is a good thing because muscle burns fat. So, just hang in there.

Crock: I hear ya. Maybe someday we can get together. Although, If my hubby meets you and finds out you have pit passes, well, it could be all over for me. LOL.

Val: You are doing well. I know that my TOM is all messed up from weight. I haven't had one in a year or so because of my weight. Dr. said as I loose I will probably get them back. So, watch it and maybe go and talk to a Dr. Hugs.

Well, I'm with Ammi. Sure missing everyone that has been MIA. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #26  

well i am feeling better now and i did all my exercise so i am happy for awhile pound or no pound!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #27  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi ladies. Just dropping in to say hello. I'm still alive just trying to dig my way out of a funk. I hope everyone is doing well and if you aren't, hope you are better soon.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ammi - Another photo? I look about the same, but I'm sure I'll end up being in SOME sort of photos this weekend...eeps. I HATE PHOTOS OF MYSELF. Going to be doing LOADS of walking around Madison, so that should be good for me!

Val - More and more lately, I've been finding myself getting under 1,000 calories a day, yet I've been EATING a lot! I never thought I'd have to say to myself, "Kayley, you should really eat more"...ha! And as for your "lady problem", I'm just NOW getting a period regularly for the first time in my 19 years! So I have no clue!

Jenn - What is Herbal Magic? I've never heard of it!

Nightowl - Hello and Hope to see you post here more often!

Patti - I wouldn't worry about that 1 pound gain. Many things factor into it. What time you weighed, if you had any food/water in your system...if you haven't "gone" for the morning...lol. And also, you could be gaining MUSCLE! That's the most likely one. That's what happened to me when I started exercising on a regular basis. Don't get discouraged...have you done measurements. I've found that having my measurements keeps me from getting discouraged when the scale is less than agreeable.

MISTI Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are having a fabulous time on your cruise!!!!

Nancy - I can see where you're getting so STRESSED. I don't EVEN wanna think about financial stuff...and luckily, I don't have to yet, as Andrew and I don't live together....but he's the saver, and I'm the spender...UGH.

Tracey - Good to see you posting!! How's that foot doing?

Well, we leave for Wisconsing tonight at Midnight! LOL...only because that's what time Andrew gets off of work. But that means that we'll have no traffic to deal with really when we go through Chicago around 1:30am! And found out that the Dan Ryan is halting construction for the weekend, due to Memorial Day...if anyone here lives in or around Chicago, you know why this is a GOOD thing! LOL!! It's hellacious, and I'm glad I don't go there all that often! Haven't done any exercise today, due to the fact that I needed a NAP today...gah. Only because I'll be the one doing the driving tonight. So, I'm counting this as my "off day", since I'll be walking and walking and walking ALLLLLL weekend. One of the things we are going to is Bratfest 2006! LMAO!!!! But it'll give us something to do.

I'm going to stay OP all weekend! No cheating, just cuz we're on a mini vacation...and I'm taking measures to prevent it. I'm going to buy some protein bars, and South Beach meal replacement bars to pack along with us, so if we're on the go, and hungry, I have no excuse to eat something horrible. At bratfest, I'll get the nutritional information, and just eat without the bun....or if they are too fatty/carbolicious, I'll have the vegetarian version!

I've got everything all packed and ready. My friend who's coming along, should be here in about 3 1/2 hours...so I've gotta get in the shower, and get the rest of my stuff into my suitcase...last minute stuff like my toothbrush...and change into my pajamas! LOL...cuz that's what I'm going to drive in...at least I'll be comfortable!

There'll be a computer where I'm staying, but honestly, I probably won't get on and check anything...so I'll try and catch up once I'm back on Monday evening!

I'll try to pop back in before I leave tonight, but if I don't, I hope you girls have a GREAT and ON PLAN weekend!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:24 PM   #29  

Dusty - welsh boys is right lol. Here's something that will make you laugh and reiterate what welsh boys are like Before coming over here for my holiday I was a virgin. Even though I had no intention of a holiday romance my mum who is Welsh made me go to the doctors and get the contraceptive pill!!! She said Welsh men are all sex made charmers, and better to be safe than sorry. Within two months of being here I was no longer a virgin I guess she was right

Did you meet Gino on the Internet? It's a shame things didn't work out or perhaps you could be a neighbour of mine You are right that Welsh people as a whole are very friendly. It's one of the things I used to comment on when people asked me what it's like here. I always said how friendly the people are, especially the oldies, they always want to make conversation.

Well if you ever do get to come back over here to show off the new slim sexy you to Gino you will have to make sure to come visit me!

Valerie - that is brilliant that you stayed at your workout class despite feeling a bit lost at times and being in pain sometimes too. Your actions will be rewarded on the scales I bet

Wales IS a beautiful country, but what I find and I think you would too, it's so very small compared to Australia and/or the USA. At first I loved the tiny houses and how quaint everything is, but it has got a bit claustrophobic the longer I have been here. Still, it's all very pretty, and an ideal place to come for a holiday.

I can't comment on your worries about having signs of it being TOM although it can't be because it finished over a week ago. I don't have TOM anymore, not since I started using my Implanon contraceptive, and befoe that I was always regular as clock work. If you normally are regular then I think it can't do any harm going to see a doctor about it. If nothing is wrong then great, at least you will put your mind at ease.

Lori - so glad to hear you made it through week one of the holidays. One down, only 11 to go?? Aaagh poor you

I am glad your trip to Grants Farm went well and that you took photos. You can post them on the pic thread, either as a link to the site they are on, or post the pictures themselves. Or you can put just a link on here. I will look forward to seeing them when you sort something out.

Well done you on making a start on WW. I am not sure about all the things you asked for points confirmation on. But a Bagel (the ones I have) are normally 3.5 points, cauliflower (fresh) is 0, I sometimes have a ranch salad that comes with a sachet of the dressing, and the whole thing including the salad is 7 points. Most of the salad would be point free, so I guess you saying your dressing was 8 points was a good deduction. If you are anything like me you often eat the same thing regularly, so once you know the points it makes it much easier. Hang in there!

I hope I will catch you on MSN for a chat, it's been a while since we last had chance to talk.

Nancy - I actually tickled myself when I wrote about being a ******ed hour glass sometimes I come out with real corkers

Thanks for the compliments on my photo with Beth, you will all know when I am feeling more happy about my size because I won't be hiding behind Beth or anybody in the photos I show

I am really sorry that you have blown another gasket when it comes to the way your BF is still not getting it when it comes to finances. Have you figured out how many gaskets you have left to blow before you decide that he really isn't able to change the way he is? I sure do hope it doesn't come to that though.

Jen - woohoo another lb down, and now we weigh exactly the same. Roll on the 200s for us both

LOL oh no left over screws. Oh well sometimes they do give you spares just in case, so let's hope that is what has happened. I am glad you really like the entertainment centre and would love to see a photo of it.

Annie - I hear you on the bad back thing, it's terrible just how much it can debilitate us. I hope you can rest up and get some relief from it. My back has been so bad since all the walking the last couple of days. Today I couldn't even bend to put my underwear and trousers (pants) on. Daren had to help me. I don't know where I would be without him

Tracey - glad to see you posting. I have been worried about how you are doing. I wish I had a shovel so I could help you dig yourself out of your funk

Patti - glad you are feeling better now, can't let that pesky lb bring you down

Kayley - yes please ANOTHER photo, you can never have too many! And as far as I am concerned you can never share too many! I hate photos of me too, but just think, when we are slim we can look back at the old photos and be proud of how much we have changed

I hope you have a wonderful time in Wisconsin, and I am so proud of you for planning to keep totally on track with your diet while you are away. You are making the lifestyle change big style Have a safe journey. I look forward to hearing from you again when you get home.

Crock - just want to say hi it's been ages since I caught you on Yahoo, no I tell a lie, I have seen you twice but you have been playing spades, so I didn't want to bother you. Maybe we can chat this weekend.

Ok time for me to go to bed now, I hope everybody has a great weekend.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, my friend is going to be arriving in about half an hour, and we are going to get all our last minute stuff together, and go meet Andrew after work! We're OFF!

See you all on Monday.
Closed Thread