Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#890

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #2  

i am with you i am so tired of being THE biggest person in the room! on to a bter way of life for ALL of us.!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #3  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I figured that skipping 889 was inadvertent...but I was around for thread 665 and I know what skipping straight to 667 was intentional.

MariaLucia: I am so DYING to see your pictures. I understand the frustration though...the day I tried on wedding dresses everyone oohed and ahhed over how gorgeous I looked but when I saw the pictures that were taken all I saw was the fat and me looking like the side of a boat in satin.

Running late....byee!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #4  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

I just paid $3.25 per galon of gas - the cheapest kind too!

Unbelievable.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #5  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

Default weight lifting exercises?

For those of you ladies who lift weights, might you have a schedule of what you do that you could share with me? I am looking for specific exercises and I'm too lazy to go through my weight lifting book. Wish I had kept a copy of the schedule I used to use 10 years ago when I started lifting in earnest. It was so thorough and I enjoyed it so! Oh well.

Hope y'all are having a dandy day!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #6  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I just wanted to get some individuals done before heading off to get my hair done. I may not get on here until Friday night, so I don’t want to fall too far behind.

Crock – Your weight loss is going SO well at the moment. If you are doing everything right, and are comfortable with what you’re doing, I wouldn’t worry about losing a little faster than you would like. It will probably slow down at some stage, as your body adjusts, so this original boost will be greatly appreciated by then. In my second year of my new lifestyle I pretty much regularly lost 1kg (2.2lbs) a week for the whole year. The first year was a little more erratic, so having a steady loss like you’re having, is reassuring.
I am SO envious that that is your natural colour! I am heading off now to have my hair coloured. When I was bigger I never really bothered to go to a hairdresser, but now I’m more interested in taking more care of myself, so I try to keep it looking good. This visit is overdue, but I wanted to wait till the holidays. I have a little more ‘salt’ than ‘pepper’ in my hair at the moment and I need it covered.
30 mins of walking is still excellent. I think it is recommended that people do 30 mins of exercise on 3 or 4 days of the week, so you sound as though you are doing just fine.

Tracey – Sorry to hear about the ankle still being bad. I sympathise with you totally. I get SO frustrated when something stops me from exercising. Well, actually, I have been lucky enough that it just kinda slows me down, but I probably should rest more when that happens.

Ammi – Thank you for being patient with me nagging you about the results. I am hopeless! Great move that you decided to walk to the doctor’s! You really seem to be back on that horse and galloping along madly. It feels good doesn’t it? And walking is GREAT exercise. Recommended by doctors the world over. So don’t ever think that you are not getting a workout when you walk.

Brenda – Thanks for the feedback about the protein. I had a two-egg omelette last night and I had forgotten how much I enjoy them. That would be nice for breakfast too. I just fried up some onion and green pepper, then poured over the whisked egg/skim milk mixture. I covered it and towards the end put on some 97% fat free cheese and pepper and folded it. YUM! Definitely on my list of things to do again.

Nancy – Yep, I think I will add muscle tiredness to my list, because now that I come to think of it, I DO get physically tired then too. This list just keep growing!

Well, I haven’t been able to answer everyone, because I have to dash off. I will get back to the rest of you tomorrow. Until then, I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far!

Take care,

Zelma
Old 04-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Sorry ladies, no personals tonight. I was in such a good mood today, and then I came home, and there was a letter from the courthouse. Yeah, supposedly, they were taking applications until Friday, but they already FILLED the position. *sigh* Why do I even try? Whenever I try to get a job that's not shitty, I fail.

So tomorrow, I'm going to the gas station, cuz I need something.

I just feel like crying right now.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hello everyone.

Sorry I have been gone for a few threads. I have been having some eye troubles so I couldn't read the screen too well. They are getting better now. Things are going pretty well for me. My new medication seems to still be working well. I have followed the diet pretty good this week too. Tomorrow is the class meeting and also weigh in day. We shall see!

Zelma: Your picture as always was gorgeous! The color looks so wonderful on you. I hope you have a great time on your over night with your hubby.

Elaine: I'm sure you will love it here. We love to have new folks.

Crock: I'd love to go fishing with you. I've done bank fishing lots before. Believe it or not, the last time I went fishing when I caught all the trout, I was sitting on my rubber floater with my legs hanging in the water and on the first cast I immediately caught a fish. It was like that all day long for me. I was in the water on a floater all day and caught fish all day. I was tied to my parent's boat with a rope and I'd paddle over and take my fish off, get another worm on then paddle out and cast off again. It was so much fun. I love to swim and be in the water and I love to fish so I had the best of both worlds. Also congrats on your -3 more pounds! And your pictures are beautiful too. Love the long hair!

Ammi: I'm so proud of you to walk to the Dr. and jump back on the wagon. You go girl.

Brandnewme: I hope that next week is a better week for you.

2Loosinit: What a wonderful NSV that people are noticing your weight loss. That is so great.

Lilion: I hope that your surgery goes well. I'll be praying for you!

Sharon: I know that you are disappointed about your minus 2 pounds not being more but I am so excited for you. Maybe you lost inches as well!

Wyllenn: Wow, look at you shrink away! I saw your cw is 214! I'm so, so happy for you. I can see 200 and under coming up so close. How is your hubby's job search going?

Kayley: The Curves diet is based on the glycemic index. Sorry if I massacred the spelling of that. I am on Phase I right now until Friday I will go to Phase II. So far it has been a lot easier than I thought it would ever be. So sorry sweetie that you didn't get the job you wanted. I know there will be something out there for you honey. Hang in there. A note about your pictures too, you are beautiful and I can totally tell that you have lost weight. It really shows in your face. Sometimes it is so hard to see on ourselves or we are so excited and feeling so much better that we expect to look like our old selves again when we look in the mirror. Hang in there. You will notice what we all see soon!

MariaLucia: I don't have any great words of wisdom for you. I know how you feel. I'm sure we have all felt the same way at one time or another. Big hugs and just keep on doing what you are. Like I told Kayley, soon you will like what you see in photos. Look at our beautiful Zelma and how she loves to have her photo taken now! Someday that will be you, Kayley and all of us hopefully.

Jilly: Don't fret about your diet when you were at your sister's wedding. How many times are you going to be able to celebrate your sister's wedding? Well, if she isn't like one of my sister's who's been wed 5 times, LOL. Just jump back on track now! Don't beat yourself up anymore!

Nancy: Sorry that you are thinking about painful things right now but glad you are doing it when you don't have children to think about. Stay strong!

Micahelle: Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Teahoney: OUCH! Sorry that your ankle isn't doing better. Hang in there and don't try to do anything before you are supposed to! You have the motivation going and when you get back on your feet you will surely.. agian.

Well, I miss all of you that are MIA. Futurediva, Catherine, GarnetFairy, Dolphingirl, Luan, Amy, Christineau and of coarse my truckin buddy VAL! Come back when you guys can.

Blessings,
Dogpal
Old 04-27-2006, 02:14 AM   #9  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Down .6 tonight...better than nothing. It was a little frustrating though...we got to the meeting a few minutes later than we had hoped and other people toom "our" seats. We have sat in the same seats in the front row for oy...a year? Whatever...I'm cranky.

Oh and as far as the loose bowels and TOM...it actually has to do with a higher level of a hormone called prostoglandins that get released in your system. I don't know why...but i read this recently. I will see if I can find a better explanation.

OH!!! Jason's roomie is now telling us she thinks she can't be out until...JULY!!! DAMN! We want her out so badly. If we could move in together we'd be able to put $$$ aside monthly towards wedding stuff. How on earth could this be taking so long....
Old 04-27-2006, 02:44 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi all. i swear im still here. im pretty much on point. ive been doing pretty well and am .4 away from 15 lbs lost on ww. work has been crazy and school has been insane too. i just started my character class and we are learning aging. its really fun tho. im trying really hard to stay up to date. i hope that you are all doing well.

dogpal. its great to see you back!

ammi - what did your dr say?

welcome to all the new people!

im off to bed. night all!
Old 04-27-2006, 05:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, just a quickie, about bra straps & handbags, I have found that bags which have short straps seem to stay on better than the longer strapped ones. Bra straps should not fall off, either they need adjusting, you need a new one 'coz the elastic is worn out or you are wearing the wrong size, I found this out when I was fitted in a proper bra shop at Christmas, I was wearing a totally wrong body AND cup size!!!! Now my boobs look pretty prerky and I can't even tell I'm wearing a bra, shame everything heads south when I take it off!!!
Steve & I talked last night & as its a Bank Holiday here in the UK we are off to visit my parents for a long week-end, even though they moan (not about us visiting but having a shower every day!!!) it will give us a change of scene & hopefully, as the weather is good at the moment, we can go on lots of walks along the beach and go into some of the pretty villages nearby.
Kayley sorry about the job, how long now before you finish at college? At least then you can get a job which you deserve, after all maybe they were looking for someone who will stay there for years, you after all are going onwards and upwards.
Dogpal, glad your eyes are getting better and that you are feeling pretty good, we really miss you.
Maria, I can't help you with weights, I just wear wrist weights (baby ones ) whilst I exercise. You think petrol is expensive there you ought to see the prices we pay over here!!!!!
Zelma, your hair is a very similar colour to what I used to have but I went blonde as my grey hairs went pink after a few washes when I had it red/burgundy, does yours stay & cover the greys? I really miss being a brunette/redhead.
Julee a loss is a loss, it is aggravating when 'your' place/seat is taken, still you better get there early next time!! You mentioned about 'loose bowels' & periods, wow, wait til you are in labour (if you choose to have kids) I won't go into any more details!!!!! It's the same hormone ony about 100 times stronger!!!!!!!
Luan, glad you are enjoying your course, do you get to do dental stuff, like fangs or are there special dentistry people to do them?
gotta go & pack, but where are you, CATHERINE, VIOLET/AMY GARNET???????
& others who I've forgotten? Ammi, try & catch you later.
xxsharon
Old 04-27-2006, 05:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Good Morning All,

Yes you read that right, though I am sure it's not morning to some of you when you read this lol. But yes, I am actually awake and on the PC before afternoon. I had a good sleep last night, and didn't feel like going back to sleep after Beth went to school. I must admit though that after writing 3 long emails, and now typing here, my eyes are starting to want to shut lol. I think I feel a mid morning nap coming on. But still, that's an improvment, at least I have been awake and doing something for some of the morning lol.

Patti - oh yes, I hear you there, we are all going onwards and downwards and one day not one of us here will be the fattest person in the room. What a wonderful thing to look forward to.

Julee - down .6 is still DOWN. So you still get a lol. You have lost such a good amount of weight already, so it's understandable that some weeks you won't lose as much as you hoped.

Oh I am so sorry that you didn't like how you looked in the photos when you tried on wedding dresses, especially after feeling so beautiful. Well I know we all wish we were thinner when it comes to wedding photos etc, but I don't care what anybody says, I think every bride is beautiful no matter what her size. The glow of happiness and excitement is what makes her gorgeous, the dress and what she looks like in it will always come second to that

That sucks about Jason's roomie saying she won't be able to move out until at least July! Do you think she is deliberately trying to take her time over it all, or has there been a genuine hiccup in her plans?

MariaLucia - sorry I can't help you on the weights thing, that's one thing I have never tried. I think I might give it a go to help tone things up when I feel up to going to a gym, but for now I will stick to my walking, and then eventually my Salsasize DVD.

$3.25 for gas, I am guessing that is bad? I am useless when it comes to conversions but over here it now costs £1.05p per litre. I know drivers moan that we pay some of the highest prices for petrol (gas) than anywhere else, so I am guessing that a litre is less than a gallon because £1.05 is about $1.78. We don't have a car, and with what it costs to run one and keep it on the road I don't think we ever will get one!

Velma - not sure when you will read this, perhaps before you go away for the night, perhaps after. I just want to say that I hope you have/had a wonderful time. You sure have earned this reward!!

Yes I am definitely back on the horse now, and I have to say it does feel wonderful. When I am not dieting I just feel so rotten because I know how fat I am, and how I desperately need to lose weight, and yet there I am or was, stuffing my face and just adding to the weight I will need to get off. So to be back in control is wonderful, and this time I hope I see some results for my efforts

Kayley - I am really sorry that you didn't get that job at the courthouse, how disappointing. It was probably a case of having to advertise it externally, but that the job was already earmarked for somebody who already works within the system. That's cold comfort I know. But don't give up, you will get a job soon!

Annie - so glad to hear you are doing well with the diet and the new meds Thank you for being proud of me for finally getting back on the wagon. It took a while, but it's good to be back on track.

Luan - you are doing so well with your WW diet, just a tiny bit away from 15 lbs lost, that is brilliant Glad to hear all is going well despite work and school being crazy. Now all you need is a boyfriend thrown into the works to make life totally nuts

The doctor said I had raised levels of something or other (she told me, I can't remember, lol), that it's not anything to worry about, and is probably down to my auto immune problems. I had another blood test yesterday, again I can't remember what it was looking for, but I think it's pretty much to rule out any bad unexpected reasons for having those raised levels in the first tests. I am not worried about it though. Thanks for asking

Sharon - I am guessing you will be online a few times during the day, so you should see this before this afternoon. I will look for you on MSN later. Right now I am going to go back to sleep Hope you are feeling ok. Oh , just saw your post, that's great that you are going to your parents for the long weekend. Hey maybe you and hubby should shower together, give the parents something to talk about in you bid to save them some water I will defo look out for you this afternoon, got to get a good chat in before you go on your travels.

Crock, Brenda, Jill, Catherine, Sharon (nuerotica), Valerie, Amy, Tracey, Nancy, Garnetfairy, Christine, Dolphingirl, Wyllen, and everybody else I have forgotten to mention (sorry) a big hello from me. Hope to hear from you all soon

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-27-2006, 06:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Dogpal - You're right...I think somehow, I'm going to look SO MUCH DIFFERENT, but the fact of the matter is, that I started out so high, that it's going to take a while before it shows...although I made progress! Yesterday, I accepted that I looked nice in an outfit! This is actually really huge for me. One day at a time...Good luck moving on to Phase II! I've heard wonderful things about Glycemic Index diets, and I hope it's going to work for you!

Julee - Hey! Your loss may "only" have been .6, but that brought you to -90, and that's so FANTASTIC! Did his roomie say WHY she can't be out until that long?!?! That's quite a bit still!

Sharon - Unfortunately, I'm only just now finishing up my second semester, as I took a year off after I graduated high school. So, I'm not graduating with my Associate's until November 2007. Then, I'm off to Indiana University for the 3 year Paralegal program, although, that's meant for working professionals...as it's only one class per semester, in the evening. *sigh* I just feel like I have so much more to go.

Ammi - Thanks....I really hope so...cuz this whole not having money BS is really frustrating!

The week's just about OVER! Woooo! It's like Friday for me, since I don't have classes tomorrow. So after 2pm, I'm FREE! Going to be a hectic day for me again...like last Thursday was. I have English Comp. from 8:30-10am, then I've gotta take my car in to get it worked on...so Mom's going to follow in the Jeep, then I'll take her home, so I have use of a vehicle, and then go to my counseling appointment from 11am-12. Then, I've gotta rush back to campus, as I have Psychology from 12:20-1:50...then, we're supposed to have a study session, but I'm not going to be able to make it, as I'm going to open interviews at the gas station. *sigh*
Hope you all have a great & OP day.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #14  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

As I suspected I maintained this morning. . . so be it. But, my % body fat did drop a little bit from 49.2 to 48.9 - not a huge amount, but something is better than nothing. It does help a bit with the frustration of doing (almost) everything right and not seeing result. The almost comes from 1 ice cream and several onion rings - two different occasions, even though my average calories for the week were about 1870 per day.

But, I am totally mad this morning at my BF. He is doing this really intense storage migration project for a huge international bank. Fine, he's busy, I'm cool with that. He told me he would need to work late on Monday. Fine - again, cool with that. Well - he never came home. He pulled an all-nighter at work. But did he call me to tell me this? No - he did not. So on Tuesday I told him that I understand he needs to work, but the least he can do is call me and let me know that he won't be coming home. So, guess what happens last night? Yeah - you guessed it. He told me he was working late, but then he never came home and didn't even call. I feel like I know him well enough to know that it truly is work and not another woman, but come on! I would have the decency to call a roommate so they didn't worry about me, and he doesn't even have the courtesy to call his girlfriend? Something is very up here.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #15  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi everyone!!
Well I had a great day yesterday.We held a silent auction this week at work for our Relay for Life fundraiser and made $1800.00 YIPPEE!

In the auction were a couple free month coupons for Curves gym. I hear a lot about the place from you girls so I bought one. So next week I will start curves for a month to see how I like it. Today, my pooch and I are going for a walk

Thank you for all those who listened to me complain over the past week. I am back now with a vengence!!!! I have a new goal and I AM going to make it. I am rewarding myself for the next one. I have been so un-motivated that I get mad at myself when I don't accomplish what I set out to do. I have to kick myself into high gear. We are going on vacation to visit friends in September and I want to lose 50 more lbs by then. I KNOW that if I try I can succeed.

Anyway, my first goal is to lose 10 lbs by may 15th. Then I can buy my pool membership (something I really want!)

Kayley ~ Sorry about the job hun... there's more out there so don't give up. Take a job you don't want and it will motivate you more to look for a great one!

Zelma ~ Glad you enjoyed your omelet.... sounded so good I made one just like it *L*

Dogpal ~ Good luck with your weigh in!!!

I want to talk about something that is on my mind. Ya know the comment that was made about "not being the biggest person in the room"? Well, weird as it is I had that thought tuesday night. There is a girl that I have been training since tuesday and she is about 18. When she walked in I thought "wow, she's bigger than i am. Finally." Then I immediately felt AWFUL for thinking that. I felt for her and all that at age 18 she is going through and what she still has ahead of her. It really bothers me that I felt that way and didn't like myself afterwards very much. But I almost felt like I was winning the battle and that felt great even for a minute. It boggles my mind at the many emotions that one can go through at one time.

Anyway, thats all I have time for right now.

Brenda
Closed Thread