Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Old Hens - 40+ And Ready To Lose - Volume 56

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Cute graphic Barb!

Just popping in this morning to say Happy Easter! And if anyone of our group is celebrating Passover, Happy Passover!

Looks like I'm off to church by myself this morning. DH is still feeling pretty bad with this cold he has. I'll check in later.

No chocolate bunnies, peeps, or eggs here today!

Angela - Welcome back to the group! It is good to see you again.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:29 AM   #3  
I'm on my way!

HAPPY EASTER!

MichelleK
Old 04-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone!

Happy Easter!!

There, I've colored my eggs for today!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Patti: Thanks. Keep up the good work.

BarbG: I love the graphics! That chubby cheerleader was soooo cute!!! I'm not sure we need a special thread for the 2x2 since we only post the sign up and then the results, but think about it.

Michelle: Glad to see you. Happy Easter!

Gotta go get the deviled eggs made and the ham in the oven. See you all later! Love ya bunches!
Old 04-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #5  
Hang In There

I didn't mean a separate signup thread, I just meant where we all added our names.

I had a good day today. My son/DIL and grandson Nathan came to church with us today, and afterwards we had an egg hunt in the park that our church owns. Then we went to my sisters for Easter dinner. Yes, every "first" holiday since mothers death is really really hard, but we were able to have a good time together.

SSooo, tomorrow start the 2x2. I guess I'd better go finish off the ice cream tonight
Old 04-16-2006, 09:26 PM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE !!!!!

Barb.... I LOVE your opening graphic !!!! Please use it again and again !!!
And I am in REAL NEED of a new 2x2 so count me in !!!!

I had a wonderful trip to Michigan. Thinthinker made us a delicious lunch and I was so happy to get to spend some time together. You cannot ask for a better hostess.
Susie's pregnancy is going well and she looks great !!!
We sure missed our other Spring Flingers of the past.
Hopefully we can all get together again next spring.

Okay ladies... gotta go watch Desperate Housewives.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies,

We had such a peaceful Easter. Well, until DH's mom called. But it was good.

DH stayed home from church and slept the whole time I was gone to church and Sunday school. I came home starved and expected him to have at least started lunch and he was still asleep. I ended up making the whole dinner myself. Horror of HORRORS. Its been awhile since I've actually had to cook the meal when he's there. How spoiled am I? Its also been awhile since I've made deviled eggs and about screwed those up. But all in all, it was a good meal and both of us sat down and asked why we make so much when neither of us eat as much as we did before? But we had a nice ham sandwich and potato salad for dinner too. I did throw a Mrs Smith's cherry pie in the oven for dessert and we each had a small piece. So kill me, I like dessert and intend on keeping dessert in my plan.

After dinner, I took a two hour nap while dozing through cooking shows. I finally came to life again to watch the marathon "Who Wants to be the next Food Network Star". I worked on bill stuff will propped up on pillows on the bed. Incredibly lazy day.

DH's mom called late in the afternoon to wish us a Happy Easter. She and #3 son (the liar, con artist and scumbag thief) went to see #2 son in his new apartment at the assisted living place. DH had asked his mom to ask #2 if he could come see him and bring him some food. Well, she and #3 apparently discussed it and decided not to bring up DH because they didn't want their Easter ruined. Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? As if DH is the bad person here. I said some very not nice things about his mother after that. I so wanted to call her back and tell her what a lousy mother she is and how dare she make that decision with that scumbag son of her's. It breaks DH's heart when she does stupid stuff like that but he's afraid she'll die and be left with all these bad feelings. I intensely dislike them all because of the hurt they've caused him.

On a brighter note. I got up and exercised this morning. 25 minutes on the stationary bike which felt pretty good. Not like I was setting records on intensity but it was movement.

I need to hit the shower and get this house picked up just in case we have a showing today. At least yesterday, we could be ourselves and feel pretty safe.

Okay so begins our 2x2 today. I'm in. I haven't weighed in yet. Not sure its a good idea today because of the sodium from the ham yesterday.

Roll call for the 2x2 April 17 - May 1. Official WI today and on May 1.

Terri
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 AM   #8  

Smile Me next!

Roll call for the 2x2 April 17 - May 1. Official WI today and on May 1.

Terri
Ruth

Good morning all, I am so not good about these challenges, but I am always game to try. LOL! How is everybody doing after their Easter dinner? DH and I didn't have the traditional Easter fixings. We grilled a tbone and had a baked potato and salad. No dessert! I only ate a small piece of steak. I am trying! My first goal is ten lbs. Doable if I stick to program as I should. No time limit, just get it done. Then move on to the next ten.

Just stopped in here to see if Terri had started us off for the day. and to join the challenge. Have a terriffic day all. Ruth
Old 04-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Monday morning, everyone! I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. Dinner came off without a hitch. I made that asparagus recipe and everyone seemed to enjoy it, especially the "baby"!!! OMG, this kid would eat nothing, I mean NOTHING but hot dogs when he was a kid. Now he's eating ASPARAGUS???? What a hoot!!! I'll post it a bit later when I have more time.

I'm leaving in a little bit to take mom back to the hearing aid place. They had to remake one of them and they called Thursday and said it was back in....6 WEEKS later!!! Oi.....it only took 10 days to get them originally, now it takes 6 weeks to remake one? She's supposed to get a 90 day wear guarantee. 60 days is up already and she hasn't been able to wear both of them together yet. They WILL be rewriting that contract for 90 days beginning TODAY! .......if not, we'll refund them and go elsewhere.

BarbG: Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. * Glad you had a nice day. Those "firsts" without loved ones are really hard. I'm glad you could all make it through.

2cute: Thanks for the nice compliments. Hope your daughter got a chance to visit with the family and got back safely. * You'll have to come back and sign yourself up for the 2x2.

Terri: Sounds like you had a really nice, laid back day yesterday. It's too bad that some mom's are such a pain in the butt. I can relate to your feelings about trying to stand up for DH. It gets my dander up when someone hurts my sons or Honey. Last week it was Honey and the idiot he travelled to Mexico. Arghhhh! I don't think there's anything that gets me more wound up than when my Honey or babies get hurt.

Ruth: Sounds like you had a nice holiday as well. I would have rather had the steak and baked potato, but made the ham anyway. Traditions...... * As far as "challenges" go, look at it as challenging YOURSELF to stay OP for 2 weeks. Not challenging anyone here. It is your personal commitment to yourself. See if that mindset helps.

Ok, everyone, Terri started the list, now let's get it filled up.

2x2's are small, attainable challenges for ourselves. They are an attempt to chew off this weight in bite sized pieces. The goal is to lose 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Commit to join and then copy/paste the list below into your next post and add your name to the bottom of the list. At the end of the two weeks (Monday, May 1st) we will all sign back into the list and report our results. Come on, everyone, we CAN do this!!!

Roll call for the 2x2: April 17 - May 1.
Official WI today and on May 1.

Terri
Ruth
ThinThinker

See you all later. Love ya bunches!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

No time to post but joining in the challenge.

Terri
Ruth
ThinThinker
2cute
Old 04-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I've been meaning to write a nice introduction, but between everybody getting some kind of stomach bug, and having a tight deadline at work, I despair!

Here's some info - MY name is Sue Wallace, I'm 57 and we live in Livonia Michigan. I have a 16-yr-old daughter, who's gifted with some learning disabilities (just to keep us from relaxing), DH is 62 and has type2 diabetes, which he controls by diet alone - pretty cool hunh?

I started at 3FC a couple of years ago, when I had been laid off from a job I hated. I found it all so relaxing I lost about 50 lbs- which got me down to 265, (didn't own a scale when I was at the top end, but I'm pretty sure, judging by the clothing changes). I was getting ready to schedule knee replacement surgery, when I was asked to take an 8-week contract (I'm a tech writer) - I've now been here 2.5 years, and in January I started putting myself high on my list again. I had regained 15 lbs - but I'm now down to 260, and cruising along.
Will post more, as I go along.

Sue

Terri
Ruth
ThinThinker
2cute
KristasMom
Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Sue: Welcome to our little corner. Glad to see you back. Hope you'll stick around a bit this time. Congrats on the nice loss. You're doing really well. Glad to see you joining in on the 2x2. We hadn't done one in awhile. Hopefully this will be the jumpstart and refocus that some of us (read ME) need!
Old 04-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #13  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

OK, I'm new to this group too. I'm 59 single, mother of 2 married daughters. One granddaughter 9 months....the love of my life and another grandchild on the way in August. I would like to lose a total of 80 pounds, but will take anything I can get at this point. I'm starving all the time and can't seem to get myself under any type of control. I'm hoping a challenge will get me going. I haven't weighed in today, but will do so. I'd like to be included in the 2X2 challenge if I can.

jps

Roll call for 2x2 April 17-May 1

Terri
Ruth
ThinThinker
2cute
KristasMom
jps

Last edited by Workinit; 04-17-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #14  
Hang In There

Roll call for 2x2 April 17-May 1
Terri
Ruth
ThinThinker
2cute
KristasMom
jps
ageoldie
Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish