Old 04-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #1  

Default Are guys aloud to join in? lol

Well im very much over waight i try to find support groups ..for my long journy to be healthy im still very young 22 but im over 300 pounds and i was just woundering are men apart of this group as well .. thanks for your time

moke
mokster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

RobertW is a fellow and so is hefty1 and so is Tank .... I think there's several. Of course, you can join!
Have you chosen a food plan or any new activities yet?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Oh, my, absolutely! There are not very many, but everyone is welcomed with open arms!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #4  

Thats awsome ... i have not chosen anything i really am new dont know where to start just looking around.. I have tryed many things and never followed threw so im trying to start things right and keep going this time.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Do lots of reading here in the forums. There's lots to choose from and you'll get lots of help. Ask questions, that's what we're here for.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey, sure... welcome! There are a few guys around here! And everyone is welcome to join in!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:54 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Moke:

I'm the moderator for the 300+ area and yes, you are more than welcome to join us. We don't currently have any guys that post with us. Have had a few from time to time but they tend to leave after a bit. Maybe it's too much "chic chat" that scares them away. Who knows?

If you're game, we're certainly open to having you join us. Our regular threads are the 300+ And Ready to Try Again ones. Currently we're on #882. Please post next over there so the girls can get to know you.

My best advice is to read lots. There's a ton of information on this site that will help you out. My other advice is to pick one good habit to start with and once you have that mastered, pick another. For instance, if you drink alot of pop, give it up and drink water. Maybe you don't get enough fruits and veggies in, try getting 5 servings a day. Before you know it, you'll be on your way.

Welcome.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #8  

Hi Mokster! and welcome.

I've seen a few men here and there... not too many stick around this particular forum -- like ThinThinker said... lots of girl talk there But you're certainly welcome to join in -- we're a supportive bunch and most of the talk is just each of us trying to find our way and take control of our lives. Nothing gender specific about that, is there? If you don't find that thread to be right for you -- look around; one is bound to be. The most important thing is reach out -- someone is always there.

Good Luck!!

Mel
2LosinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome and Good Luck. Let us know how we might be of assistance.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hey Mokster! I'm a fellow "youngin" at only 19...but hey! I'll be 20 in June! I you!!!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #11  

Woo hooo Kayley... I see that ticker just keeps bouncing farther and farther over to the right! Yippee for you!!! I am proud of you!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #12  

sorry took so long to respond i was at work i work nights at heh get this Krispy kreme and a weigh over 400 crazy eh .. and i wounder why people like to watch me maybe i should find a new job lol
Old 04-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #13  

Hi Moke

Oh WHAT a place to work if you are overweight! But OTOH maybe that makes you NOT want to eat them???? I don't know about your finding a new job but maybe you can find a new eating and health style instead! This is a great place to start!! You might get your ears turned pink from all the "girl talk" around here but hey, if you can take it, welcome!!