Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Well it's 8.19 in the morning on Friday here, and I have the Commonwealth Games on, the womens diving is on, they are on the 3 metre spring boards. I am glad I can touch type. I can carry on paying attention to the dives as well as catch up on posts here

Tracey - good for you for walking to your appt and back, it feels good to actually walk and know that you are burning off calories/points.

Amy - I am glad that you found out that you have flu rather than something more serious. But flu is pretty bad, so I would never say that you 'only' have flu. It is awful that you can't be sick without worrying about getting in trouble for taking time off. I wish I had lots of money, I would start my own business and be the best employer ever!!

Thanks, I know what you mean about not wanting to find something serious wrong with me, but at the same time, kind of wanting there to be at least a little something wrong that will explain the lack of weight loss. If the blood work comes back clear I will be at a loss. I can't do more than I already am doing, and the diet has worked for me in the past, so why wouldn't it be working for me now? Who knows, maybe they will offer me WLS, but offer it or not I shall be saying a loud, resounding NO thank you!

I wouldn't worry too much about what your doctors scales said, do what you said, and wait to see what the scales you normally weigh on say. I actually love my doctors scales. I got on them yesterday and they said I am 5 lbs lighter than my scales at home lol!

Good on you for having a BK treat, I think if we don't let ourselves have treats like that now and then regardless of if we count the points or not then we won't last the course of the diet because one day we will get so resentful at missing out that we just say, blow it, and start pigging out.

Lilion - so glad to hear that life does begin at 40, and I am with you all the way, kicking and screaming as the years go on. Daren and I had a compliment the other day. We had an engineer come out to sort out a problem with our Internet and he was talking like he was much older than us at 40. Daren has his hair spiked, and half the time I have mine back in a head band, not exactly hair styles for a 37 and 38 year old, so they must make us look young lol. I know Daren has no intention of changing his hair style, and me, well as long as my hair is long enough to go in my face I will always shove it away with a head band, so we will probably look the same but with just a few more wrinkles when we are pensioners LOL.

Zelma - the best part about being in a down mood is that soon enough the mood should change and everything in the garden will seem rosy again. Look after yourself and I hope you will have a wonderful weekend.

Luan - do you show any of the other signs of a thyroid problem, like the tiredness all the time, depression, dry hair and skin? I think if you have more than one of the symptoms it might be worth paying to see a doctor about it.

That is brilliant that you will be spending such a wonderful couple of weeks in Australia, how exciting. Will you be in Sydney for New Years Eve? They really know how to throw a party. If you get chance when you are in NSW you should go to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, I know they have a great Travellers Hostel there. I used to live in Katoomba and it's a truly beautiful place and well worth a visit.

As for the layover in Fiji. I have been there a few times in my childhood. I don't remember much about it, it was part of a cruise around the islands. I do remember the photos mum has though, and the place is really gorgeous. I wish I was going with you!!

Kayley - sounds like you are mega excited about meeting your fave band. I hope you have a brilliant time and that they live up to all your expectations.

Garnetfairy - I hear you on the vampire thing lol, I always said I should have been one too. I have always been a night person, I come to life at midnight and prefer to sleep in the day. Of course right now I could sleep 24/7, it is awful to want to just go to bed and not get up again. I always said if I could hibernate and wake up thin and well I would do it. Why can't I be a bear?

Well done you for making that great food choice when you could have had a burger and fries. You should be so proud of yourself

Countess - they say that although there are advantages to being your own boss there are also some disadvantages, and I guess you are proof of that. I hope you do manage to schedule some more 'you' time in your work day, and that you do manage to go to the movies with your hubby on Sunday. What will you be seeing?

Valerie - I love that particular photo of me because it is so deceiving lol. I was actually in a lot of pain that day but I wasn't going to let it spoil my hubby's birthday, so I put that big smile on my face and am pleased that it was so convincing. I can't wait until the day I genuinely feel happy and energetic again. Being this size doesn't help, that in itself makes me feel like an old woman. I know it won't be nice to have a thyroid problem, but it would be such a relief to know that given meds I could start getting back to my old self. Perhaps I haven't been depressed all this time through my surgery, perhaps it's all been linked to my thyroid. If it isn't, I know I will be disappointed, but I WILL find out why I am not losing weight and why I am so tired, one way or another!

LOL about your puppy actually being asleep. Sounds like life is never dull at home. What happens with the puppy when you are on the road? When will you be travelling again?

Brenda - I would love to take part in that relay, it sounds like so much fun, and all in the name of charity, what could be better. I hope you will have a great time and that the walk won't be too painful on the feet!

As for your question on craving things you normally wouldn't when you are dieting. Yes! I normally have a really sweet tooth, but the minute I diet I don't crave chocolate I start to crave savoury food especially dip and crackers. Yum!! It's not quite so bad as your craing for peanut butter when you used to hate it, but it's till unusual.

Wyllen - believe me if there was a way to get that Cheesecake via the post Daren would jump at the chance lol. Never mind, it will just be something else to look forward to when we get to go back to Vegas! Last time I was there I wasn't well and couldn't enjoy all that America has to offer food ways, so if we do holiday there again I am going to lose at least 14 lbs just so I can gain it again while I am there

Thanks for the good luck with my blood work, I will email you to let you know the results, that way we will both see if your email address still accepts emails!

I haven't exercised for a while now, so am not doing my bit for the group total. I will start again on Monday, so you will see me on the exercise thread then

Julee - so glad to hear that opening night was a success, it's wonderful that all that hard work paid off. Hope you got a good night's sleep and are feeling less pooped now!

Nuthinfanci - glad to have you here. Sorry that your body decided to kick you into touch with regard to realising you need to lose some weight. You have made a good start losing that 12 lbs and I am sure before long you won't be needing that BP medication anymore because you will be getting much healthier as the weight comes off.

I started my diet because my body complained too much too. Everything was a huge effort, everything hurt and I realised I am so disabled in a lot of ways because of my size. Unfortunately since realising that I haven't been able to lose any weight, well I lost 11 lbs, but gained it back for what seems like no reason at all. So I still have a LONG way to go until I feel semi human again.

Sharon - will be on MSN this afternoon for sure. Hope to catch you for a chat.

Amber - got your PM, and sent one back. Hope to chat with you soon too.

Annie - thank you, I hope I get some sort of answer to why I am not losing weight too. I know my body and I know that I can normally lose at least 28 lbs in the amount of time that I have now ended up losing nothing. Something isn't right and if it isn't my thyroid then it's something else, and I am determined to get to the bottom of it.

So you will be 40 this year, Lilion does make it sound great, so I too am looking forward to joining the club. My mum celebrated her 40th by taking us all on our first ever cruise. So I think for her she was determined that her life would start at 40! What will you be doing to celebrate the day?

Time for me to get a nice big cold glass of water and then give my full concentration to the diving. It's getting good now. Have a good day all, and a great weekend. And for all the mum's in the UK, I hope you have a good Mothers day and get spoilt rotten

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-24-2006, 04:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Nuthin fancy
Garnet, I never think your posts are bad enough to ostrasise you, you silly woman!!!! I feel exactly the same about myself and my posts. Its great to know that other people feel the same, in a strange way, you know what I mean. I often don't want to leave the house, I have to take my older son to school so there's no choice there. But you are not alone!
Brenda, are you the boss' pet? they are lucky to have you, so are we.
Kayley, hope you enjoy the concert(?) sorry about the jeans, if you think they sound nice and will still fit you (you will be weighing in at 200ish very soon the way you are going! )I will post them to you anyway, if you don't like them I'll take the postage as a loss and you can pass them on to someone else. PM me or email your address if you want them.
I forgot what else I wanted to say, but have no time to check back, Ammi, hope your results explain your stupid gains!
Gotta go and clean the guest bathroom for my parents and do a last check that everything is tidy-ish. Violet, get better soon . Everyone else and keep OP.
xxxsharon
Old 03-24-2006, 04:29 AM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Valerie - i would be interested in hooking your neice up with my friend thats going to ghana for her study aborad. im sure she would be a wealth of information. I can pass on Kelly's email to you if your neice would be interested in talking to her

Garnet - individuals are SO much better. they look more natural and you can barely feel them. i HATE strip ones.

dogpal - im super excited to go. and its gonna be summer time when were there. our layover would be 17 hours if we go through fiji.

julee - im so glad your opening night was a success! congrats!!

ok im off to bed. night all
Old 03-24-2006, 05:28 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Alright--it's about 5:30am, so I have to get going and head to work, but I just had to say...

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY AT THIS JOB!!!

I am SO excited to start the new job on Friday and get settled into a new routine. Then I can stop using my job transition as an excuse to eat and be lazy
Old 03-24-2006, 08:02 AM   #20  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Catherine,

Fabulous birthday wishes to the one who inspires us all, the one who has incredible knowledge and insight into many of the struggles we face, the one who writes with intention yet with a unique and grabbing style, and, most importantly, the one we all love and are always happy to hear from! Happy Birthday to our dear hippyvanlady!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #21  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

OOOoooo Its Catherine's Birthday??? Yeah!!!!!!! All my best and I hope your new hubby helps to make it FANTASTIC for you!!!! Happy Birthday to You!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #22  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Dogpal: I'm a New Yorker and as a true NYer, I don't own a car or even have a license but normally I would have taken the bus or even a cab if I had the money. But I'm really trying to push myself to walk more.

I'll be back later to post more.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:31 AM   #23  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Garnet – If you feel your life is boring, is there something you can think of that would spice it up? Perhaps something to take your mind off of the weight loss – a hobby in a different area maybe? Oh – and I just want to give you a friendly smack for your comment – “I am just glad I am tolerated at all for the most part”. Cut that out girl! We all bring something different to the table which makes this place so great. We all have certain similarities having lived with the weight, but then we are all different enough to have different perspectives. Variety is the spice of life!

Amy – Sorry to hear you are so sick – and dealing with the stress of work being a bunch of about it.

Countess – Having worked for a few small businesses with individual owners I always laugh at people who think that starting their own business means they will have lots of time. You get the flexibility (no one telling you when to be there) but you have to do so much of the work and it is so hard to take time off. Hope you find some time to do some nice things for yourself.

Valerie – What is this 90-minute class you are going to? That sounds totally killer!

Brenda – Hopefully you survive your crazy week without too much stress. The trouble with raising your own bar like that is that now everyone expects that from you all the time.

Luan – How did I miss that you are going to Australia! That is too cool – and Fiji too. My company’s head offices are in Sydney and I am hoping that someday they will want to fly me over there for some reason (although I am not holding my breath).

Wyllen – I will put in a plug for the exercise thread too. It is so cool to have somewhere to come and record what you have done – I love it! It has really helped me to feel accountable.

Julee – Glad to hear your opening night went so well. That is fantastic that the junk food wasn’t appealing. It is so cool to find out our tastes have changed.

Nuthinfanci – We are the same age and currently the same weight. I have the same problem with my legs swelling. It was one of the things that pushed me to realize I needed to do something about my weight. I started to feel like I was cutting off my own circulation – which was scary as ****. I hope your schedule gets back to normal soon, and never worry about rambling on.

Dogpal – I had also noticed you hadn’t been around. You totally inspire me with the elliptical. You go girl!!

Ammi – I am glad your doctor decided to do all those tests. Not that I hope they find something wrong with you, but it would be good to find out if there is something inhibiting your loss. It pains me to hear that you haven’t been feeling that great.

Sharon – I know what you mean about not wanting to leave the house. There are often weekends that I don’t get out at all. Of course I have to go to work every day so I have no choice on the weekdays.

Jill – Congrats on it being the last day. That must feel great. Are they giving you a going away party or anything?

Amber, 2LosinIt, Crock, Catherine, Vicki, LAnne, Brandnewme, MariaLucia and any one else I missed hope all is well!

My BF wanted my car today (I have an larger vehicle) to haul some computer equipment that they are giving away at the place he is working. First – the last thing we need is more computer equipment. Our entire garage is filled with stuff he has gotten for free and is now just taking up space. Secondly, he had to drop me off at work at 6:30 in the morning in order to get to work on time. I am NOT a morning person. So I have used the time wisely and posted here!

I will have the weekend to myself because my BF has to work both days. He is in the middle of a huge storage migration project (he is in IT) and has to work on off business hours. I would like to do something special – give me some real me time. Not sure what that will be yet. I am definitely glad it is Friday!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #24  
Nancy

Happy Birthday Catherine!!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #25  

Talking

Hello My Little Chicks!

I really must rush today, so only a few little notes!

Catherine! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hope it's your happiest yet!

Nuthinfanci : I look forward to hearing more from you!

Amy: I'm so sorry that you are so ill! I HATE being sick - and the flu is one of the worst! Relax, rest, drink plenty of fluids, eat chicken soup!

Garnet: Don't be silly - we LOVE you!

Zelma: Hope you feel better too!

Okay, a few hugs given, but not enough! I love reading all the posts on this thread...and would like to chat a bit...but duty calls! You all have a great day! Onward and Downward Ladies!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #26  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Happy Birthday Catherine!!!!

You inspire me beyond words.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #27  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Yes, it is my birthday. I'm 44, but feeling younger everyday. Himself already gave me my birthday present this morning. I made walnut pineapple pancakes this morning. I'm going to have a quiet day at home, and may even put my feet up for awhile. Our church is having a Lenten fish dinner tonight, but I'm pretty sure it will be fish and chips or fish sticks type of thing, so we aren't going. I'm defrosting tofu dogs instead. I'm going to listen to a baseball game over the internet and wait for the mail. I'm waiting for a part for my sewing machine. It got damaged in the move, and since it is a 30 year old machine, they couldn't get the part for me, so I finally found a used one in England. This may not make much sense, but my sewing machine was like my best friend for a long time. I can't wait to get it back. I also signed up for the local basset hound rescue. I'm not ready to raise a puppy, but I'm an experienced foster mom. I feel like I have regressed on my diet. I'm trying to bring my new husband along a step at a time to get to the point that I am at. I am maintaining, he is losing. He has never eaten a balanced, healthy diet in his life, and his body is freaking out. He is craving salmon and vegetables now, and has so much more energy that he is actually scaring his family. One sister actually said that she would rather he get diabetes if it meant he'd go back to his old self. It's like the first person in a family to get sober, or quit smoking. He has upset their applecart. It is all so eerily familiar to me. I went through the same thing 4 years ago. Getting healthy has to touch every part of your life, if we are to be successful. Without surgery, weight loss maintainers are only 2%. I will be one of that 2% even if it costs me everything else.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #28  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

nancy ~ I don't mind as I only do this job for about 12 weeks per year. I figure if I only have to actually "bust my butt" for 3 months and in my other position I can slack a bit more, then I have a pretty good work life. I switch bosses about 3 times per year unfortunately so I seem to always be prooving myself to someone new.... someday I hope to actually BE recognized! *L*

Brenda
Old 03-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #29  
South Beach Life Style

Still here, seems the tempo is getting better on the board,, I am glad to see that happening, I am almost done with my family Movie, it is almost one hour long, It is My Mothers side, BIG FAMILY, not close at all to my Fathers side, just one Uncle I like, So there is no Movie in that sides future,,LOL..
OP still,,, Have not had Oatmeal all week, I did notice, however, that when I do eat Oatmeal, It satifies me longer , than eggs and bacon, Perhaps next week I will go back to the Oatmeal.. just got burnt out...... Take Care All
Old 03-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #30  
Nancy

I just re-read my post and realized when I transferred it from Word to here that I cut off a bunch of them! Thank goodness for the undo button in Word, because I had also deleted them thinking I had posted!

Lillion – I found my local SCA’s website. The thing is I mentioned it to my BF and he is totally not interested. He thinks it is kind of silly. Oh well – I just need to gather up the courage to go by myself. I used to do things like that all the time, and I don’t know what I have to be worried about. I have a lot of insecurities about not knowing things. Once I know something I am usually fine.

Kirsikka – I know it is really hard, but our self-talk is SO important. Sometimes, even if you don’t feel it, it is good to try and talk positive. You are not worthless! If nothing else (which there is a whole lot else!) you are a mom and you are the center of your son’s world. I lost my mother at the age of 15 and I can tell you that nothing can replace a mother. Try to see yourself through your son’s eyes and see how important you are!

Tracey – Your walks are so inspiring! I am a wuss about walking outside when it is still so cold.

Melinda – I also write in Word and paste in my posts. Part of the reason for that is that I type too fast for my brain and spell all kinds of stuff wrong. I need the spell check!

Zelma – I often wonder about how losing weight effects us hormonally since fat is a hormonally active tissue. I think it is one of those things that affect us way more than we realize. Perhaps part of your funk has to do with your hormone levels balancing out. Whatever it is, I hope you feel right as rain again soon.

Kayley – That is so cool that you will be meeting your favorite band. Also, I just noticed in your signature that you are about to meet your March exercise goal. Way to go!!
Closed Thread