Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#850

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due
Old 03-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Honiangel: So glad that you are doing well. You sound like you have the perfect attitude today. I hope you can draw back on it when you are having a bad day.

Valerie: Another great attitude regardless of the number on the scale. You are doing sooooo well. I am so happy for all that you have accomplished. I do remember when you shared how hard things were for you to do on the farm and yet you just kept pushing and now they are becoming so much easier. It makes my heart so happy for all the little things that are being overcome here in this forum then they can become big things! The weather here in Idaho has been rainy/snowy off and on with a few bright spots of sunshine. I have let my two dogs out in the yard when I see the sun come out and let them play and lay in the sunshine. They love it, I love it cause I can pick up their toys. LOL. They are really just like children. I get my living room all cleaned up then they come in the house and start getting toys out of thier toy box. They haven't learned to pick them up yet!

Ammi: Have a lovely walk. I love the words you use that I have absolutely no idea what they are but they are so cute and It gives me something to wonder about. Andrea is my legal name and it is on my drivers license and other legal things but all of my life my family and friends have called me Annie. My really close friends and my whole dad's side of the family call me banana. I love it. It has been my nickname all of my life from them and it is definately a term of endearment to me!

Nancy: I hope you can find someplace to swim. MY stress just melts away when I am in the water. Pay as you go is a good way to start to see how often you will use the pool but it is too expensive for me because I use it daily when I start.

Sharon: So sorry you had to go to the hospital but, sometimes peace of mind on what things could be is better. I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious.I had a heat rash under my breast last night that was quite painful and I remebered my mom telling me that the menthol stuff that Watkins has is wonderful for when you have a rash on your bottom. She said she uses it quite often as she suffers from those types of problems. She said it burns for like one second then the relief is supreme. So, I tried it. It did burn for a quick second then it was feeling so much better. When I woke up this morning it was GONE! I was amazed because I have had these before and it took a few days for them to clear up. So perhaps you could try something like that.

Christine: Thank you for sharing your story. I certainly hope you are able to get off of it some day too. Did you recieve the samples that I sent to you? I sure hope so.

Wyllen: I was looking at how far you have come in such a short time. I am so proud of you. You are only 7 pounds away from your first mini goal! I am rooting for you as I'm sure you are for me. YOu are such an inspiration.

If I missed your name I'm sorry. Blessings to you all
Annie
Old 03-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Dogpal/Annie -- Thanks for noticing how close I am to my mini-goal!! It is actually my 2nd mini goal (first was 250). When (not if, when) I get to 220, I will be back down to my lowest weight in 10 years I think. I spent much of my 20s weighing around 220. It is feeling good to even get back to THIS neighborhood.

For me, weights much below 220 are like an unknown world ("here there be dragons"). I think I will feel like an absolute explorer when (when!) I am below 200!

I hope you are having a good day... I wish our weather were warmer for my dogs to enjoy nice weather! If you do get your dogs to pick up their toys, you will have to share your secret with me!

I have made what smells like YUMMY chicken soup, and can't wait for hubby to get home so we can try it!

Hopefully, the gym tonight!

Last edited by Heather; 03-04-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #4  

Christine ~ Thank you for sharing your personal story with us. I can't imagine how shocked you must've been when you were told what was happening to you. It also sounds like it is very time consuming. (I complain when I have to count calories and plan meals ~ it must be stressful to have to balance everything you take in.)

I really hope you will get a formula that will work for you and you won't have to work so hard at it.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

ammi - sloppy joes are hamburger meat and tomato sauce, on a bun. its like a runny hamburger or really thick meaty pasta sauce. its yummy. i just subbed the hamburger for the meatless meat and it was pretty tasty. congrats on working out every day this week! that is a feat! and yes i have seen that max factor commercial. you are funny
Old 03-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Jessica - HI! I've never met you before, but I look forward to getting to know you more in the near future!

Crock - I agree...your self confidence WILL increase the more weight that you lose. And I think it's perfectly fine to think about the "prize"

Christine - Good luck with your cake!!!

Wyllenn - So glad you are feeling better! Feeling BLAH bites.

Well, we had a fun, but hectic day today. I ended up getting a new t-shirt, and 2 pairs of shoes. They were buy one get one half off at Payless, so how could I resist? One pair being workout/walking shoes...so I don't feel TOO bad! lol Did a LOT of walking around today, and when Andrew wakes up from his little catnap, I'm going to work out...his TV went crappy downstairs yesterday, so I have to use the one in his room, and well, I don't think he'd appreciate me dancing up there while he's sleeping! LOL. I'll try to hop back on here later, as I think Andrew's going to work out as well...
Old 03-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 293/277/140

Ammi--I understood what you meant when asking if they had any other children. And I think my two nieces are helping them a bit, My cousin and his wife asked that I bring them over and they play with them and just enjoy their being with them. They have always been very close to the girls. And yes, they are going to wait a little while and then have another child. They are not ready right now, but they have said that they will not let losing Caulen keep them from having another child.

Nancy--Which bellydance workouts do you have? I studied the descriptions online, because I could not find a single one in the larger town near me. So I had to buy online, but I studied and studied and finally choose one targeting weight loss over teaching belly dance. As I said I think learning the basics in a functional way will serve me well when I do decide to take lessons, plus it has the added benefit of counting as a workout now. I bought a set of Goddess workout DVDs. There are two more sets that I want, but this was the cheapest, so...

Dogpal--Thank you. I try to stay positive...sometimes I win...sometimes I slip a little LOL.
____
My day...was insane LOL. I did actually get to go shopping for a couple of hours this morning all by myself. OMG that NEVER happens. I have the girls 24/7 and it was nice to shop with out having to bribe or threaten going to the car. I got a new wireless keyboard and mouse, a sports bra (a size smaller than the last bra I bought and it fits perfectly), a pair of jean capris (a size smaller than the last ones I bought, although I haven't tried them on yet the larger size is falling off of me and they are the same brand so...here's hoping), and a bunch of other junk!! LOL $100 later I came home with very little, but very relaxed so I think it was worth it.

Then Matt went to work and I had the girls...they were okay. It was my computer giving me fits today. I have some ads due on Monday for one of the companies I freelance for in Chicago, and my Quark went on the fritz for no apparent reason. So I spent all day fighting with it, uninstalling, reinstalling...trying everything and it wouldn't work. So I had to get another layout program. Which means I have to learn how to use it and get the ads done before I go to bed tomorrow night. So...looks like a late night tonight.

I think I am going to try to get my workout in now so that I can then just work on the ads until I fall asleep., otherwise I'm not sure I will get a workout in at all...and I have worked out everyday this week, one night it was a pretty puny workout, but it was a workout so....I will say goodnight and I hope that everyone has a stellar day tomorrow. (I'm still nervous about WI but I'm keeping my fingers crossed).
Old 03-05-2006, 02:31 AM   #8  
determined to lose

Ammi - Thank you for the well wishes on my weigh in. It will be the same scale. They apparantly are not going to put the other scale back in the women's locker room. I dont know what they did with it. No one will fess up.

I wish you were not feeling uptight about your weigh in. That is one of the reasons a monthly weigh in would not work for me. I need the weekly to keep me in line. If I screw up one week, I can knuckle down for the next two or three and the month is not a total loss (like February, geez, listen to me type, like I do so well...hmf)

But I am sure you had a loss and we will all find out how much on Monday.

About the mirror, I cannot see any change in me since I lost 20 pounds. I think there is just too much of me for it to show yet. Maybe it is a smidge off the middle, a smidge off the arms, a smidge off my pinkie toe...so that it does not show in a particularly visible way. Stinks, doesnt it?

I wish we could just say, I am dieting and exercising to lose weight on my....middle and poof all the weight lost would come from the middle and you could tell it did. Next time choose your upper arms...poof..no more jiggle...and so on
Not asking for much, am I?

Wyllenn - Hurray, you are getting well again!!! that is super!

Crock - you said some very nice, uplifting things that can apply to all of us sometime I bet. Thanks for the info. NBC.gotchya.

Brenda - Thanks for the idea. I will definitely ask her to bring a book with her. Really, once I thought about it. It should not be a big deal for her to leave me and come back later for me. I like to do at least an hour. more if I swim and so far she has made about 20 minutes from door to door which is great! dont get me wrong, I never thought she would join the gym, I am proud of her. But I know for me, I need to work out longer and harder. I have a lot more to lose than she does and I am 26 years younger or so. She keeps telling me I do too much but I just do what feels right to me. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Way to go on the NSV smaller size clothes victory!!! I know you are happy about it. I bet the staff will be really surprised to see so much less of you! Way to go!

Tracey - Hurray for YOU!! You got that butt up and exercised! That's the way to do it! Sure, give yourself a little adjusting time and you will be right back up to where you were before with your exercise routine!! I am so proud of you!

Jessica - Welcome back, jump right in. Way to go with the pizza. You are stronger than me. I would have had to put the leftovers in the trash or they would call to me in the night.

dogpal - I hope you enjoy your swim and I am glad that you are looking on the bright side of things.

Luan - If you ever make up Gina Gershon, I want her autographed photo, please! Oh and Brad Pitt too. ha ha ha

Amber - I think it is great that you do not have "fat" days. It is so good to hear about people who have had weight challenges all their lives developing good self-esteem. I was a skinny kid and I have very bad self-esteem so it just goes to show it aint whats on the outside that's the problem.

I am glad you enjoy your gazelle. The only drawback I can think of is without the impact it wont stimulate as much bone growth (density) as other exercises. Other than that as long as it gets your heart rate up you should be doing great with it. It does sound fun but the machines look so delicate in the pictures. I cannot see it holding me up still, let alone moving along at a good clip. But it is a moot point because I have no where to put one. But I have only heard good things about them.

Valerie - I love what you said about being ready to fight the fight. We both had a lousy February. Let's make a better mark in March.

Nancy - It is weird when suddenly we are ravenous no matter what. Ive eaten things I dont even like when i am in that mood. If you figure out what causes it, please share because it is beyond me why I do it.

Tashabella - Congratulations on the big loss!! That is great, now we just need to get your health taken care of.

Where do you live that you have to buy a pass to use the park???

Kayle - I look forward to the pics. Lucky for Andrew that you were there for him...he should appreciate you more!

sharon voudoo - I hope you feel better soon.

Crock - are you sure you want one???They can really be a pain.

Christine - Maybe I am just not understanding your situation at all. But to me, it sounds like you should be underweight rather than overweight having so much trouble getting enough nutrients and being on the feeding tube and all. Is the formula high calorie? I feel for you having to go thru all of this because of a stupid flu bug. You must be very brave.

Wyllen - use the anger to lose the weight. I like that, I think that is a better plan than I have been following. I just stuff my feelings and ignore everything while the self-loathing just keeps simmering and bubling up from inside. Maybe I should take out some of that anger and try to use it for motivation. I wonder if I can figure out how to do that. Sounds interesting.

Countess - Sounds like your man is a keeper. Glad you figured out your spreadsheet.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:09 AM   #9  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I got a wedding dress!!! I am beyond excited...and even better...it's a size 18. Wedding dresses are notoriously mis-sized...quite often you wind up in something at least 2 sizes larger than normal.

My food for the week is pretty much a lost cause. Between cheesecake on my birthday, a bag of buttered popcorn today and a midori sour tonight....my points are shot. But I'm going to stay OP the best I can until Wednesday when I WI....roll with the punches...and not let this be my excuse to totally crumble. I actually have done pretty well in between the junk food...today I had sashimi for dinner and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Lunch was also healthy and last night at dinner I had grilled salmon. So it hasn't been a total wash...it's just all been sort of celebratory. having my friend in town and getting everyone together...it happens. And if it happens this way once in 13 months..so be it.

Did I mention that I got a wedding dress????
Old 03-05-2006, 03:16 AM   #10  
determined to lose

Congratulations Julee!! I know you are still glowing from trying it on! An 18 huh so that is like a, what, 14 in normal clothes sizes??? You are doing so GREAT!!! Keep it up! Tell me it is not sleeveless so when you lose more weight before the day it will slide down as you walk up the isle...OH NO! Really, you are doing super, keep at it and your fiance will be marrying the slender woman you always wanted to be. - YOU
Old 03-05-2006, 04:51 AM   #11  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I have finally found some time to catch up, but I’m not sure if I’ll catch everyone. Please forgive me if I miss you. It won’t be on purpose, just that there are a LOT of posts to read. People have been busy.

First of all, a little catch up about me. I found out today why the scales have been creeping up this past week. TOM arrived early! Wasn’t that nice??? At least it explains the weight increase. Obviously my system is still trying to work out some kind of cycle with my period. I have NEVER had regular periods (if any at all) so this shouldn’t surprise me too much. So far (since they returned in November) I’ve had one right on time, one late and two early. I suppose it keeps me on my toes.

Even with finding out that there is a reason for the weight increase, I am still sticking to what I decided a few days ago. I’ve been stressing WAY too much about my weight and I have decided that I simply want to enjoy where I am at the moment. So many people keep complimenting me on how I look, and I graciously (and really happily) accept these compliments, but I don’t think I’ve been believing them 100%. I still had it in my head – and to be truthful, still HAVE it in my head – that I have to get to an official ‘healthy’ weight to reach my goal. But when I think about it sensibly, my goal was just to have maintained a healthy weight for 12 months by my 45th birthday. I turn 44 on April 5th, and the sensible side of me tells me that I am currently ‘healthy’. When I had blood work done a couple of months ago everything was great except for a couple of vitamins that were low and I’m taking supplements for them now. Blood sugar, cholesterol, kidney, liver, blood pressure etc… are all wonderful. I am certainly more active now and can work out like never before. So, realistically, I am trying to get my head around the fact that I am currently healthy and I will just wait and see what happens with the weight. If I stay where I am, I will just have to live with that. If I lose more, I will be VERY happy, as that will give me elbow room for times like TOM visiting. I also still have a body fat of 30%, which I would like to lower. We’ll see.

I was very naughty today and went clothes shopping… again. Luckily hubby doesn’t mind traipsing around shops with me. He is very patient and supportive. He knows what a thrill it is for me to buy clothes now. I simply decided today that if I was going to try and love this body I have, then I was going to love trying on and buying clothes for it. I felt really good! I only bought 3 tops, but lots of things fit and looked good, which is just as important. I would have bought two other tops, but they didn’t have a SMALL enough size! WOW!!!! That is SO good to write. I am in a quandary about buying a new winter wardrobe at the moment. I have NOTHING for winter, but I may still lose a little weight, and don’t want to buy clothes that won’t fit in winter. I am going to hold off for as long as I can. You never know, I may catch the winter sales!

So, in general, I have decided to get my brain into ‘maintenance’ mode and just focus on that for the moment, while enjoying the fact that I am slimmer and healthier than I have EVER been in my adult life before. That is definitely something worth celebrating and I hadn’t let myself appreciate that.

So my first message is to…

Lilion – You were definitely NOT prying, and I took your words to heart before deciding to get myself into this new frame of mind. You were so caring and positive in your post (as all people are on here) that it made me sit up and think about where my mind was at. I was being way too negative and needed to back off a little. As my dietitian friend keeps telling me, I’m my own worst enemy. I am a perfectionist with this journey, which I don’t realize most of the time. I set a goal and couldn’t see myself straying from that goal. I don’t think I even realized that I probably achieved my goal a while ago, but I’m leaving it till my birthday to make it official. So, thank you SO much for giving me the much needed jolt. It is funny, but people here may have said it, but your comments really struck home. Perhaps because you have such a good understanding of where I’ve come from.

MsCrockett – Did you end up having any of your mother’s sauce? You may have to train her to make a healthier version so you still get to have some. Good move to go outside and avoid the delicious aromas. I can stand to look at food, but the smells still tempt me WAY too much.
I don’t think you are wrong for hoping you will get a man when you are smaller. I know that when I started this journey it was honestly just for my health and I didn’t even consider that I would look different. But now that I look better, I seem to be the most VAIN person I know. I certainly hope that you find someone, but I have a feeling it will be because you are more confident, not better looking. I just wish someone could see the beautiful person we see already. I think your lack of confidence is probably what is keeping them away. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kayley – I was going to ask about dreadfalls, but you answered and they are kinda what I was expecting. I will definitely need pics though, as I still can’t envision them. I’m glad you had such a great Friday night. Has Andrew managed to get back into his house yet? Hope the car repairs aren’t too expensive. Have a wonderful remainder of your weekend. It sounds as though you plan to! You have certainly been working out a lot lately, which is such a credit to you.
Great to hear that you had a fun day shopping. Sad that you had to buy two pairs of shoes huh? I know that must have been SUCH a hard decision to make.lol As you say, one pair is for working out, so that purchase justifies the other pair… I think…

Garnetfairy – Sorry to hear that you are not getting the gym time that you would like. Is there somewhere in the gym that your mom could sit and do something while she waited for you? You mentioned that she was sitting in the car. You would probably feel better if she were occupied INSIDE, then you could just continue working out.

Ammi – Congratulations on working out every day! That is such a wonderful achievement. It shows how much fitter you are huh? I’m sorry that you had some “fat pig” days. I know that they don’t last long, but I still have them too and I’m trying to feel better about myself, so I’m allowed to tell you to feel better about yourself too. FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF!lol You have made such incredible changes to your lifestyle and you need to take the time (as I am just realizing) to appreciate just how far you have come. Hope you have more ‘feel good’ days in the future.
I must also thank you again for your inspiring comments. Your words were also ones that I took to heart and kept in my head when I was making my latest decisions about what I was going to do with the next stage of my journey. You reminded me that I have come such a long way. Thank you!

Wyllen – It is SO good to hear that you are on the road to recovery. It is NO fun to be sick when you are trying to lead a ‘healthier’ lifestyle… illness kind of gets in the way of that road. You’ve probably mentioned before, but you know my memory. What do you teach? How old are your students? I teach grade 2, pretty much every subject. So I’m always curious when someone mentions teaching.
Home made chicken soup. YUM! You wouldn’t mind packaging some of that up to send to me would you? I’m sure it would still be delicious after the L-O-N-G trip. OK, maybe not. I should just try to learn to cook and make myself some huh? Mind you, I’m sure I could find one in a can that would do. Pathetic aren’t I?

Brenda – I can’t wait to hear what the people at work say when you turn up looking fabulous in your new outfit. I hope you have them too shocked to speak at first. And, of course, congrats on the smaller size! Isn’t clothes shopping wonderful!? It is such a novelty for me that I just spend WAY too much time and money on it. I hope you went back and got the wedding outfit, or you’ll be kicking yourself.

Tracey – Well done on getting the exercise done. I have found that reporting back here is a great incentive to exercise. Keep it up! It certainly won’t take long to get back in the swing of things. I find that I’m a little sluggish after even a few days rest, but it doesn’t take long to be back on the mark again.

Blondie – Great to see you here. I don’t think I have met you before, but “Hello”. Well done on avoiding the temptation of pizza and leftovers. I think that this journey has been easier for me with not having kids. Hubby has just gone along with me every step of the way, but it would probably be harder with more people to have sort out meals around.
I hope you have a wonderful ‘party’ day on Sunday. It must make it easier being able to kill two birds with one stone, as they say.
You are definitely right about food at schools not being healthy. Our canteen has been awarded a ‘healthy’ category, but I’m not sure how. I think there are SO many things they could change. I’m glad they don’t serve breakfast, or we would have even more rubbish being eaten. Can you not get your son to eat something before school? Or could you pack him something? That may be preferable to the stuff he could be getting.

Annie – It is wonderful that you have such a good attitude about losing your job. I still can’t believe that they would do that to you, but at least you are positive enough to see the silver lining in the situation. Good for you!! I hope you managed to get a lovely swim in. I haven’t been swimming for YEARS… probably close to 30. I just can’t see myself getting into a bathing costume any time soon, but I do remember that I loved the water. We live 5 minutes from the Indian Ocean, so it is not as though we have a lack of opportunities. Mind you… memories of Jaws still deter me from swimming in the ocean a little. Maybe the local pool would be a better option. Have you seen any neck to knee bathing suits lately? I need to buy one.

Luan – I have always wondered what Sloppy Joes were. They sound like something I would like. If you are eating them, I assume they are healthy. I know it would depend on how they were made, but I may have to find a ‘healthy’ recipe for them for something different over the winter months.
I’ve never actually thought about it, but I should have guessed that it would be a studio makeup artist that you were training to be. You could act in a movie and do everyone’s makeup as well. Double pay! Sounds good to me.

Amber – I’ve never even thought of belly dancing as an alternative exercise, but I would imagine that you would have to be VERY fit to be a belly dancer. As you say, do the exercises first, then maybe take some lessons. I’m not sure about showing my belly to the public yet though. I may have to be a VERY well covered up belly dancer if I ever considered taking it up.
Good luck on getting a TOPS meeting started closer to you. It will certainly be easier than traveling to get to them. I think I would be tempted not to go if I had to go too far.
I can relate to needing more hours in the day. We have to watch the kids eat lunch, so luckily I nibble on my salad items then. I would never get all my lunch eaten (and visit the restroom) in the time that is left if I didn’t start while the kids were eating.
I’m glad you had time to yourself to go shopping. It sounds as though you had a ball! I have a feeling that I am becoming addicted to shopping. Not really that good for the pocket, but better than a food addiction right?
I hope you get your computer sorted out. I love these things, but I do NOT like it when they don’t work. Luckily hubby is VERY computer savvy, so I can just yell for him when something goes wrong. I take my hat off to you for being able to do it yourself.

Valerie – I’m sorry that you didn’t see the losses you would have liked for February. It is great that you can see the bright side – that it wasn’t a gain. You did SO well in January, that I’m sure your body is just adjusting to the program and will show another loss soon. You are noticing other changes, so something is definitely working.
Did you get the snow that was forecast? If so… would you like to send me some? I would LOVE snow! I have never seen snow fall. In fact the only snow I’ve ever seen was when I was about 16, and it was pretty much just ‘slush’. My dream is to have a white Christmas one year. I’m not sure I could put up with the cold for very long, but the experience would be worth it.

Nancy – I hope you have a wonderful time at the beer festival. I don’t drink beer, or any other alcohol for that matter, but I love the atmosphere at places like that.
I can relate to the ‘binge’ events. I am like you, and I have NO idea what triggers them, unless they are around TOM of course. I have made sure that I only have healthy snacks around, so that if I ‘pig out’ it is not as bad as it could be. For the last couple of days I feel as though I have gone WAY overboard on eating, but it has been fruit and veg, or stuff that my dietitian friend made for me, so it can’t be TOO bad… can it? Fingers crossed that after TOM, the scales get back to where they were at the beginning of the week.

Tasha – 5.4 lbs!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! You must be over the moon! And you deserve to be. I’m glad that you have decided to have a break from exercising. You need to get that bleeding sorted out so that you can get yourself back into a routine. We need you to be healthy! I look forward to hearing what the doc says after he/she gets your letter.
I forgot that you had good news from the mammogram. What a relief!
Good idea about getting the park pass. I love walking in parks. Why do you need a pass? Is it a national park?

Sharon – Sorry to hear about the hospital visit. You said that it turned out to be nothing, but did they give you any kind of explanation so you won’t panic next time, or so you can avoid whatever caused it? I’m not sure I caught how the op went. But I hope all is getting back to normal, or at least healing as it should.

Christine – I can hardly imagine what you must go through on a day-to-day basis with your feeding tube. You either have the patience of a saint, or your stresses don’t come through fully in your posts. You always seem so calm about things. I would probably be swearing and cursing to anyone who would listen… and to the rest of the people as well! I truly hope that you find something that suits you soon. You deserve a little peace of mind and to be able to not worry about this any more. Thank you SO much for your explanation of your condition. It makes everything much clearer now, even to me.lol It is hard to think that what you thought was a simple flu bug could cause you this much trouble. Your strength is amazing!

Julee – I can’t WAIT to see pics of the wedding dress. I suppose we have to wait for the big day huh? No sneak previews??? I can learn to be patient… I can…
It sounds as though you have your head around what you have eaten. No pun intended.lol You have had a pretty special week, so ‘glitches’ are forgiven. You have the determination to get back on track, so it isn’t a problem.

Catherine – I have a feeling that you are seeing a lot of snow lately. You did mention shoveling huh? You could consider sending me some if that would help. I have asked others, but I will take as much as people want to get rid of. We have had a couple of days at 100F, and a few more really hot ones coming up this week. The snow would offer some light relief. I’m really glad that you are getting your workouts at least.
Well done on changing the eating habits of Alberta a few people at a time.lol

Phew… I think I managed to catch up with most of you. I had to just work with the last couple of threads, as much more than that and my brain would have been pickled! It doesn’t take much to do that either.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 03-05-2006, 07:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

It's now Sunday, midday, and I have been awake for an hour I love Sundays Yesterday I didn't get to do my Salsasize, but don't feel too badly because I did get in a lovely walk over to the hardware shop. Yay. It felt so good to be out in the fresh air. There was still a bit of snow in the more shady areas, it looked pretty but didn't cause me any slippery moments

Sharon (voodoo) - I am so glad you went to the hospital especially after you saw that a rash had developed. Don't feel silly for going after they told you nothing was wrong with you. SOMETHING must not have been right for you to be feeling so dizzy, tired, and then to have a rash. Even if it was all related to perhaps the local anaesthetic you had, it still wasn't normal for you. At least your mind (and mine now) is at ease that nothing serious is wrong. Look after yourself and I hope you will be feeling more human soon.

Nancy - Thanks for the good wishes for my weigh in, by this time tomorrow I will know what I have lost.

How did it go at the beer festival, I hope you managed a few guilt free treats. You know what they say, this is for life, and we aren't spending the rest of our lives doing without a bit of what we fancy. In fact far better to go out and have treats than have those times like you mentioned where you just want to eat all the time and yet don't know why. I get those times, and thankfully I only have low fat snacks in the house so although I might go over points, it's only by a few, and normally it's healthy stuff. The other day I went over points by eating sultanas, imagine that. I didn't feel guilty too much though because it was much better than going over points eating something like a Mars Bar. Still, I know what you mean, it would be nice to know what triggers the times where we just want to eat eat eat. If we could figure it out we would be millionaires because we could find a way to stop it happening and then dieting would be so much easier.

Tasha - 5.4 lbs lost that is really great, see it wasn't all blood or fluid loss. You should be so proud of yourself.

I hope you got that letter written and faxed to your doctor, you need to get that bleeding under control once and for all.

Kayley - I am so glad to hear that you and Andrew are ok again now. The best part about falling out is how wonderful it feels when you make up again

Crock - I am EXACTLY like you. When I was single before I met Daren I had a new friend who introduced me for the first time in my life (at 32) to nightclubs. I couldn't flirt even though I filled myself up on dutch courage first. I dressed up, put make up on (shock horror), but still felt unattractive to the men. I think my lack of self esteem might have been off putting too, seems the only time I was approached by men was towards the end of the night when they were wearing their beer goggles and hadn't pulled anybody else before hand. Sooooo what I am trying to say is that it might be wrong of us to feel like we do/did but it's hard to have confidence and be flirtatious and think we can 'pull' a man when we look like we do.

That said, I have seen your photos, and you aren't that overweight, and you are pretty, and your hair is to die for. Not all men want skinny girls, and fortunately for me I met and married one of those guys Before him though I had met men online who all said they thought I was fun, fantastic, pretty (I would send them a head shot of me) and they would be all flirtatious and talk about meeting etc, until I sent them a full length photo of me. Then they would either run a mile, or they would make out that they were doing me a favour putting up with my size if we were to get together. It's a shame the world is full of such shallow people, but I guess that just makes us appreciate men like Daren a whole lot more.

Blondie - well if you want support and motivation and inspiration then you definitely did the right thing coming back here. Of course this better not mean you run out of time to send the odd email my way When do you weigh next, is it this Sunday, or next?

Christine - I got your PM thank you, once I am done here I will answer it. Hope you are feeling ok today.

Wyllen - glad to hear you are feeling so much better, I hope that home made chicken soup is delicious. Do you cook all the ingredients and then blend them into a bitless soup, or do you leave the vegetables etc whole, which I call a stew? I LOVE home made stew, but Daren prefers soup, so I blend his up for him, and leave mine as it is, yum.

Annie - I love that I make you smile with my use of words that you have no idea what they mean Feel free to ask me to explain any of them

That is so sweet that your close family and friends call you banana, that's a nice nickname. A friend of mine in primary school had the unfortunate nick name of Spu (which means vomit lol). Apparently she was a very sickly baby and child so that's how she got the name, and it stuck. It was only when she got to high school that she realised how unflattering it was and she insisted nobody call her that anymore.

Luan - thanks for explaining what a sloppy joe is, I wonder how it got that name. It does sound rather tasty though, not to sure about not having meat in it, but I am glad you still loved them with the meat subsitute.

Glad that you knew what ad I was on about, now you can just picture yourself doing that too lol. Have you got that new mascara that had the fancy new applicator, it looks like it has yellow rubber bristles? I don't even wear make up but I would love some of that, it looks so nice.

Amber - I am glad to hear that your cousin and his wife will eventually try for another baby. I know some people don't want to risk it again, but we can't live our lives in fear, and when your cousin and his wife are ready for another baby I pray that it will be born healthy and live to a ripe old age!

Glad you got to have some kiddy free time and that you enjoyed going shopping for some new stuff. I bet it felt good buying that bra and the capris pants in a smaller size Well done
!!

Garnetfairy - that's brilliant that you will be weighing on the same scale, so the chances are that you will still see that good loss. Please let us know how you get on.

I hear you on the choosing where your weight comes off from In order of preference I would like it to come off my tummy, butt, thighs, arms, and somewhere along the way I would like to realise that my double chin has gone as well lol. Now if only we had that magic wand

Julee - that is great news that you got a wedding dress and in such a small size too. No wonder you are over the moon. Are we going to get a description of it or are we going to be like you hubby to be and have to wait til the day (or after for us lol)? Did you have to look in many places before you found the perfect dress?

When I was getting married I was going to hire a dress in Las Vegas, so I just needed to buy some wedding shoes. I went into a wedding dress shop with my friend, and the assistant asked if I needed help. I said well if I was 10 sizes smaller, maybe, and laughed thinking they didn't do any big dresses. Turns out I was wrong, they had 3 dresses in my size, and I couldn't resist but try them on. Well I only ended up trying on the one. IT was perfect, it wasn't too fussy, didn't make me feel huge, it was gorgeous. By the time the assistant had brought me shoes, a tiara and a veil I was sold. No way could I leave that dress in the shop. AND it was on sale, so I got the lot for around $500!! I am kind of glad I didn't end up having to hire a dress, I would have been devestated if I couldn't find one I liked, plus I really wasn't keen on the thought that the person who wore it before me might have ended up divorced. So I was thrilled that I found my perfect dress that day, it was just meant to be.

Velma - nah you aren't naughty going clothes shopping again. For the first time in your life you can go in any shop and buy anything that takes your fancy (finances permitting of course). I have visions of you being like the Nutty Professor, have you seen the film? Big difference is that you worked hard to get so trim, and he had the magic potion but I can still picture you having a wonderful time trying on clothes and enjoying the huge selection now open to you. I look forward to that time for me, as I am sure we all are. No more buying from the fat ladies stores, no more not being able to find the size big enough. It must be brilliant. So don't you feel guilty, you earned the right to shop shop shop, so enjoy it

Ok this has taken me 40 minutes to type, I hope I don't lose it when I hit submit lol. Take care all, and I will catch you all later.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #13  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys!

I am just popping in for a quick second. Had my weigh-in today. I was only down a lb but I am ok with that this week. Better than the +14 I showed last week. Next week is going to be much more! Slow weeks seem to revitalize me.

Zedaus~ Congrat on the new mindframe. I think switching to maintain mode will be just what you need. You have come so far and gained so much!!! We are proud of you!

Julee ~ A dress... oh boy!!!!!!! tell us....what does it look like????? And in Canada an 18 is 12/14 You must be thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garnet ~ Poof!!!!.........nope doesn't work here either... wonderful theory! The trouble would be, where would I start???? *L*

Kayley ~ ya gotta LOVE payless! I went there yesterday and got two pairs too.... mine were cute little loafers though to wear with my new skirts. Sneakers and ankle boots just don't look so great!

Too everyone else, hope you have a great day! I am going to do my housework while hubby is at work then we can go walking this afternoon.

Brenda
Old 03-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #14  

Thank you guys for congratulating me. I am pleased. It just shows that I can actually lose a pound ~ and that is a relief!

Zelma ~ It is a local park, but you have to pay a fee to park there (that's what the pass is for). I think they use the money for the upkeep of the park, which is OK with me. It's not expensive, just kind of annoying. I think if I commit to buying the pass, then I'll be more likely to get off my butt and go there and walk (instead of wasting my money). I think it'll be good for me to get out and enjoy nature too. I need that.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

Zedaus~ I stayed away from the sauce, It just was not worth it, Perhaps when I lose 50lbs, if I then choose to have a meal like that I will have ONE serving of it... But I may try spaghetti with Wheat Noodles and Sugar free sauce and see how it tastes...Thanks for asking.

Ammi~~ Thanks for the words.. It will sink in one of these days I reckon! appreciate it..Grays Anatomy is on tonight...

Garnetfairy~~ Did you get to watch Lets make a deal last night?

As for me, I had another OP day yesterday,,I went and spent some time with my BestFriends two kids,, Austin, 4 and Mandy 12,, They are my kids to me, been with them since they were born,, I am there aunt to them,, deed they are something else. I just love kids.Heck they dont ask for nothen but for you to pay a little attention to them and love them,, How hard is that!

Take Care All
Closed Thread