Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#844

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday
These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, it's a little after 2pm here, and I still haven't even eaten anything. We got up around 7:30 this morning and had every good intention of getting in the shower around 9:30, but I whined that I was tired, so we both curled up on the couch with a blanket and watched some Home Movies (cartoon series we have on DVD). Of course, we both passed out, and I just now got out of the shower

I had nearly 4000 calories yesterday (I think it was 3880 according to my fitday), but it fits my plan. I can still have up to 2300 each today and tomorrow and reach my goal for the week (my goal is an average of 1800 calories per day or less for the week). We're going to Denny's when Jeff's out of the shower, though, so I will still have to watch the sodium content--don't want to lose weight only to create high blood pressure!

I'm enjoying everyone's pictures in their avatars! I should take a new one (though I love the one I have) since I got new glasses last week, and I ACTUALLY like them! I don't think I've ever voluntarily worn my glasses for more than a couple days at a time--I usually just wear my contacts 24/7 for a few months, then pop in a new pair. My eyes are enjoying the increase in oxygen
Old 02-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #3  

Well, the time has come, and I'm off to work until 11pm tonight, ladies. Have a great OP day everyone!!!

PS, has anyone heard from Ammi lately? I'm worried.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Saturday all,

Kayley: My first goal is the one I have to concentrate on for now because looking at what I want to weigh some day is too far away and I don't want to feel so overwhelmed. I am wanting to reach the 300's even at 399. At one time I weighed 505 so that will be my goal for now.

Teahoney: Welcome back. Jump right in.

Nancy: Good luck finding your Ipod. I think that is a super reward!

Catherine: After 20 years when my hubby goes hunting and is gone for about a week I have a hard time sleeping. I hope you have better luck.Also, so sorry you fell but glad you could get back up!

Brandnewme: Hang in there. I was where you are at the beginning of last week and today I am back on target.

Honiangel: Big Hugs to you.

Zedaus: I hope you feel better soon.

Blessings all,
Dogpal
Old 02-25-2006, 07:33 PM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies,

My name is Tiffany, and this thread is perfect for me! I am, for the first time in my life, over 300 lbs, and I am ready to try again. I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope to see you ladies at the finish line!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #6  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Jilly:

Thats how I got an eye infection this past week..leaving my lenses in for too long and not cleanign them enough. It's going away now but I can't wear my contacts again until at least Wednesday...depeding on when it clears up. The doctor gave me antibiotic eyedrops..but what a pain!

Tiffany: WELCOME...the women on this board are amazingly supportive and you will get into the conversations very quickly. I wish you the best of your luck as your strive towards a healthier lifestyle!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #7  
South Beach Life Style

Tiffany ,,,,,WELCOME.. and best of luck,,,,,I look forward to your posts...
Old 02-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #8  

Talking

Hello Ladies!

Kind of a quick post tonight. It's late and for some odd reason I'm beat. It's odd because I've pretty much slept the day away! Certianly, I've been lazy. We went to puppy school and then out to lunch at this wonderful mediterranean restaurant. I tried to be good there, but I'm sure I ate too much. Still, I've had a tiny dinner so I think I'm OP and under my points for the day.

DH crashed as soon as we got home...so the eliptical remains in pieces. If he doesn't get to it tomorrow I'm going to try to put it together myself. Fact is, I'm probably more handy than he is...I'm just lazy and like to leave it to "the man".

BrandNewMe: There was a short time after my son's birth I was actually on food stamps. Me, a Lawyer, had no money for food or rent or anything else. My house was forclosed, my car repossessed. The only reason I never filed bankruptcy was because, since I was a lawyer, I was able to bluff the creditors and convince them that I would if they sued me and they'd be out the collection fees too! Not a time I'm particularly proud of in my life, but, believe me when I tell you I understand money problems. It is a horrible thing in my opinion that cheap food tends to be fattening food. I used to wonder when I was a kid why poor people tended to be fat. Now, I know why. When a chicken sandwich costs $3.00 and a double cheeseburger is $1.00 what's someone on a tight budget going to buy? Potatoes, rice, bread, all those wonderful starches and bad carbs - cheap. Better cuts of meat, whole-grains and fresh veggies - more expensive. But you hang in there. Watch your exercise and water and portion sizes and I'll keep thinking of you!

Honiangel:

Zelma: I love your long posts. I never have time enough or memory enough to reply to everyone on this board.

Catherine: Hope tonight is okay without hubby. My husband and I have only been apart a handful of times since we married, and it's not as bad now as it was in the beginning, but I still find it hard to sleep alone. My DH is my own personal space heater at night...it does get cold without him! Use the time to do something girly! Give yourself a facial - I like to color my hair, do the face and nails when DH is gone.

Heather: I agree with others that new clothes may make that loss way more noticable. I find that when I wear something fitted I get comments about my loss. In my old baggies, not so much!

Julee: I like your new avatar. You guys just look so happy! I do like all the photos - but I'm afraid I'm not going to get mine up anytime soon. I like my fairy too much! Happy early Birthday!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, OP weekend! Hang in there ladies!
Old 02-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #9  

Good evening ladies. Finally made it home from work. Two of our residents are in the hospital, and one won't be coming back. She's literally drowning in her own fluids. She's around 98, so she's had a long life. They wanted me to work a double tonight, and I almost did, since I need the money...but I have to work tomorrow, and I knew I'd just get too tired.

to Tiffany!! It's always great to have a new "face" around here!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 01:28 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Zelma - LOL yeah its a lot, but its supplies, brushes, cases, books, blah blah blah. im going to makeup design school starting monday. as for my film work, it will be on the weekends, and right now im only working on a short film, so we will be done tomorrow. we were in downtown LA today and across the street they were filming Spiderman 3, cati-corner they were filming House, MD. across the other street they were set up for CSI Miami. in the same building they were filming project runway and priject greenlight. its been a busy day in hollywood today

aaah i love LA
Old 02-26-2006, 01:34 AM   #11  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Had another lovely day. Hubby and I went for a walk along the river, but I kept it MUCH more down-key than the last time. This time we only walked for 65 mins (compared to 103 last time) and we probably walked more at our old pace of around 3.5mph, rather than racing like we did the last time. It felt good! I am determined to not push myself again. No matter how much I wanted to just keep walking this morning, I made myself turn around and head back to the car. I am looking forward to doing a couple of short sessions of exercise this afternoon, rather than the exhausting, L-O-N-G ones I had started to do. I am gradually learning.

I actually did some baking today. You may wonder why that is news. Well… I HATE cooking! Of ANY kind. So this is a real novelty for me. As I mentioned previously, I found a recipe for Almond and Apricot Cookies that I have just taken out of the oven. I’ll let you know what they turn out like. They have 100 calories per cookie, but are low GI, so I’m not sure how many I will eat. Maybe just one a day, or one every couple of days. I’m not sure if they’ll freeze. I may have to test that. I also made an egg-white and veg ‘bake’ thingy today, which is delicious, but I just hadn’t made it for ages. It is great hot or cold, so there is no reason I stopped making it. Basically it is just HEAPS of veggies, with whisked egg-whites poured over. I don’t add any other flavours as I have learnt to love the natural taste of vegetables, but most people would probably want to add some other flavouring. I am looking forward to having this as my side dish tonight.

I am SO glad that I have seen a couple of you mention how expensive healthy food is over there. I was wondering if it was just Australia that charged astronomical prices for healthy food. Our veggies aren’t too bad, but fruit… WOW! Luckily we have been going to the local markets the last few weeks and have pretty much halved our fruit and veg costs I think. But I’m sure it would be much cheaper to just be buying rubbish food.

Tiffany – Hello and welcome to a wonderful place! You will certainly find the best of support, encouragement and advice here. I hope to hear from you often as you progress. I wish you the VERY best on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Lilion – I am wondering whether you have picked up a bug of some kind. You have been unusually tired lately, which is how I felt before my virus took over. Mind you, that was also because I was exhausting myself with exercise, but the virus didn’t help. I hope you manage to sleep it off somehow if it is a virus. I am just feeling back to normal now and it is a GREAT feeling.
I don’t really have a good memory. I cheat. I open a Word document, then I flip back and forth from 3FC, answering people’s posts. Then I copy and paste them into the reply box. I used to try typing them straight in, but I’d end up losing it all when I forgot and went ‘back’ to another page. Oops! Don’t have to do that many times before you work out a better way.

Kayley – I am SO glad that you turned down the extra shift. I know that sometimes you end up running on not enough sleep, and this extra work time wouldn’t have helped at all. You may have had more money, but been WAY too tired, or even sick, to spend it. Good decision there. How long is it until your Chicago visit? You must be getting pretty excited. You’ve probably said before, but are you going with Andrew, or some other friends?

Well, I actually managed to catch up on just a few posts, so this isn’t the “novel” they tend to become.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend so far. We have quite a hot day today, expecting 94F, then 96 tomorrow and close to 100 with thunder storms on Tuesday. That should be interesting. The kids will be sweltering in the classroom, but they will be as high as kites with the storm going on outside. I’ll have to plan some very interesting lessons for that day to keep their minds on track.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 02-26-2006, 01:37 AM   #12  
Learning to love myself.

Luan - That all just sounds SO exciting. We don't get to see anything like that over here. For one thing, we are on the wrong side of Australia for any of the excitement, and for another, Australia doesn't get that much excitement anyway.lol

Your course sounds wonderful! I wish I were closer so you would have a 'dummy' to practice on. Well... not sure 'dummy' is the right word, but you know what I mean. I would love to do a dietetics course, since I am SO interested in nutrition and would love to be able to help others professionally. I just can't afford it - money or time-wise - at the moment, so I am just reading as much as I can in the meantime.

Please let us know how your first day goes. I am excited for you!

Take care,

Zelma
Old 02-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #13  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Welcome Tiffany.

Well, I got on the scale this morning and I gained back 15 of the twenty pounds that I worked so hard to get off. So now, I have to lose it all over again which pisses me off but I did it to myself, right?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #14  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey there Chicks!

My retreat was a blast! It was fun, inspiring and draining all at the same time I got home late last night and caught up here with all of you. One word of advice… don’t hit the ESC key when typing a post. It disappears! So, as disappointed as I was, I headed off to bed and decided it could wait until this morning.

Well, unfortunately this is weigh-day *L* I am up 3 lbs this week but it is TOM starting today and on Wednesday I was down to 334lbs. I doubt that I have eaten 9lbs of food (ha-ha) so I am OK with that this week. I also had some salt over the weekend which I am not so used to anymore so I feel that is probably a factor in this as well. I am going to leave my ticker where it is at since this will be h-i-s-t-o-r-y by next week!!

Eating over the weekend was tough. Friday night was “munchie” night. Everyone sat and ate plates of nachoes, chicken wings, onion rings, mozza sticks… ok you know the drill… I had brought some nuts, pumpkin seeds, cassova chips ( has anyone tried these? Does anyone know what they are? ) but it was still tough. Of course my group even sat next to the kitchen so everything that came out of it, I got a nice wiff off! There was only one place within walking distance to eat at and all they served was buffet yesterday. I did what I could and I am sure I probably ate more calories than I should of as well. First plate was all salad though and then I went for some roast beef and a chicken dish. Then out comes the dessert tray. It was hard sitting there next to 5 people ( at a table for 6) eating huge pieces of mississippi mud pie!! I don’t know if I just had willpower or if I was too stubborn but I stayed strong and didn’t sample!

Kayley ~ I love the new pic!!!

Erin ~ Welcome!!!

Dogpal ~ Congrats on your loss AND your new job. Looks like things are “looking” up!

Julee ~ Love the new pic of you and Jason! You look so “in love” ! I can’t wait to hear all about “dress day” I used to work in a bridal shop and it was my all-time favorite things! Someday I would like to own a shop of my own. Kind of a dream of mine! I was watching a commercial one day on the TV and they had beautiful gowns on. I asked Steve that when I reach my goal if we could get married again *L* Sweet thing said “yes!” I didn’t have the dress of my dreams, although it WAS beautiful. Someday I guess I will

Teahoney ~ Welcome back!!! Jump right in and make yourself comfortable. I think this time you are here for a while You CAN do this!

Nancy and Wyellnn ~ I LOVE my IPOD. It was one of the best investments we ever made! Working out is SO much fun now and I can really boogie when walking outdoors now! Glad to hear that you all like yours as well!

Tiffany ~ Welcome!!!

Luan ~ Good luck tomorrow in your new school! Must be SO exciting for you. And I am sure that it will be very interesting. I can’t imagine how awesome it would be to live somewhere so exciting. Not much happens on my little island!

Heather ~ There will come a time that people will HAVE to notice. Many don’t like to mention it too. I have some friends that see a big change in me, others don’t. I really believe that some of those that don’t have their “fat” blinders on. They feel we are less of a “risk” to them when we are bigger. I have one that refuses to do anything about her weight (about 220-230 I would say) and HATES the fact that I am losing. Everyday offers me something from her plate at lunch. Don’t let people get you down!

Zelma ~ I so wish that it was nice enough here to be able to go out and walk the way you and your hubby do. I can’t wait for spring to arrive but we have had a pretty mild winter and I see my tulips peeking up through the ground. Hints of spring everywhere!

OK you have all heard enough from me and I have heard enough from my belly. Time for breakfast!

Brenda
Old 02-26-2006, 08:06 AM   #15  
Learning to love myself.

Teahoney - I know that this isn't really going to help, but at least you are still 5lbs down. You didn't gain it ALL back, so really you are a jump ahead of yourself on this leg of the journey. Keep up that determination to get back on track! You CAN do it. You've already shown that.

Brenda - I'm SO glad that you enjoyed your retreat. And I am EXTRA impressed that you passed up the choc dessert! Well done!!!! I know you are disappointed that you couldn't eat as well as you would have liked, but that is what happens when you are away from home. From what you have said, you made the best choices you could, so you definitely deserve a pat on the back.
Oh... and I agree with you totally that you can't have eaten enough to gain the 3lbs in a few days, so I am sure that it is just due to TOM or the salt intake and water retention. Something along those lines I'm sure. So definitely don't change your tracker, as it would only be a very temporary thing.

Well, the end of my weekend has almost arrived, so I'm off to read for a while before bed. I'm SO looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow after being off for most of last week. I can't wait to see how 'awake' I feel when I am teaching. I'm sure that will help when facing all those 7 year olds. They tend to take advantage when you are half asleep.lol Actually, this is a great group of kids, so they would probably just get me a pillow and sing me a lullaby, while giving me a massage. They really are a sweet bunch.

Take care all,

Zelma
Closed Thread