Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#835

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #2  

Nancy - Is the Cheesecake Factory a restaurant or like a dessert place? Sounds like it could be LETHAL! LOL!!! I really don't have any pictures of me "thin"...there's pics from when I was younger and smaller, but Andrew's getting a digital camera this weekend, and as much as it pains me to take pics of myself, I'm going to, because I know that once I lose all the weight, I'm going to want to be able to show off how much I lost...which means, pics...ugh.

Well, I think I'm going to head to the grocery store to pick up a salad, since I didn't have time to pack one today. Then, I'm going to go over to Susan's house, and study for our Criminal Justice test tonight...even though we just had one last week. Ugh. There's a guest speaker coming from the DNR tonight, so maybe it'll be fun. Hope you chicks have a great rest of your day!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #3  

Nancy: I wanted to respond to your post about not feeling different than you did when you were thinner. I SO can relate!

I've always said I suffer from a very warped, but positive, self-image! I never have thought of myself as that fat, certainly not "morbidly obese". When I was at my heaviest, it bothered me, physically, in that I couldn't climb stairs without being winded, etc., but I never "felt" that fat. I didn't feel like I looked any different at 328 than I did at 250. In fact, I kinda liked the boobs...I miss them!

NOW, of course, I feel differently than I did at 328. Funny how you notice the differences going down the scale that you didn't going up! I know I look better now. I know I feel better now. And I'm still a long way from where I was years ago.

When I look at photos of myself thinner (not thin, never been thin) I can not really remember what it was like. I can't imagine that it feels any different than now, but it must. But I do remember that as a teen and 20-something, I did feel like I really needed to lose a lot of weight, when I was maybe 20 lbs overweight at the time. Clearly, self-image is a strange thing to get a grip on.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

You are so right Lilian, I wonder if I , no matter what size will ever not feel like that Fat person, even when I lost 100lbs, I stll felt like I was the fat girl... I dont know psychologically if I will ever not feel this way,, the smallest I have ever been is a 12\14 ... I have never been skinny,,
Old 02-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

I feel the same way! I never felt like I was as fat as I was--and even losing almost 100 lbs. I don't really feel too differently. Except for things like exercise being easier and such. I will tell you what--I am ready to re-start my low-carb plan today because I just got a boost from looking at Zelma's pictures again. I realized that she started out 7 lbs. less than me and she's going for the same goal--if she can look that good then I'm hoping that I can. I'm really not vain--but I know that I'm pretty--I'm hoping that like Zelma--I can be beautiful.

And guess what else? I have a NSV to report. I was going through my drawers and found a pair of jeans that I've never been able to fit into--YUP! They're on my body right now-- and the waist is actually a little big on me. I'm so excited and it's a bigger shot in the butt to keep me going. I am so happy right now!

Okay--I now have to go do all of the housework. I got stuck at the gym for an extra hour--not to work out but because my friends car wouldn't start. She's getting it worked on, but I'm so far behind in the things I need to do. I guess I'll be dying my hair tomorrow instead of today. What? Like no one here dyes their hair? I'm going to become a redhead again. I always feel really sexy as a redhead.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

OK – so I’m back here instead of concentrating on work. I can be SO bad.

Kayley - The Cheesecake Factory is a restaurant chain that does specialize in cheesecake, but also has a HUGE menu of regular food. Their food is quite good – I would say it is a cut above other chain restaurants. I actually don't like cheesecake much, so I almost never order it (although I did try their pumpkin version over the holidays - especially since calorieking had the nutritional info for the cheesecake. I immediately cut it in half and only ate the half). Unfortunately, the restaurant’s website doesn’t have any nutritional info, but having eaten there fairly often I have several dishes that feel safe with.

Actually, my weakness there is that they make an amazing ginger margarita. I LOVE ginger – fresh, pickled, dried, candied, you name it. I love really spicy Jamaican ginger beer, and this drink is kind of like a fresh alcoholic version of that. However, it is quite sweet (loaded with empty calories), so I don’t know if I will indulge or not. I did keep my calories quite low yesterday (1411 and I am averaging 2000) so I have some room to play with.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #7  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Back Ammi....Womens Figure skating begns on the 19th if I am correct. Bewitchd was actually filmed in my friend's neighbordhood. They did not use her house but they filmed inside her neighbor's house and used her yard and driveway for equipment and trucks.

Ahh the Cheesecake Factory...could be a problem for those who are easily swayed by a huge menu and are indecisive in the face of temptation. Although their website does not have nutritionals, they do have the full menu. I would strongly suggest to anyone going there that you read the menu first and then decide what you want before you get there. If you sit and read the entier 15 page menu...ugh it's doom. I usually get their turkey burger (no bun) with a side salad and steamed veggies instead of fries. They are very good there about modifying their dishes to your specifications as well. I think DWLZ has some nutritional info about their food.

NSV..my size 18 old navy pants I wore last night were very definately big in the waist and font. I don't think I am quite ready yet for a 16...I do love these pants though..but wow. I stopped into LB yesterday for a minute or two to see if I cute find a cute top to wear...everything looked so big...even the 14's and 16's. So I gave up. Fortunately I found something in my closet. I am a little bummed though. I bought these 2 outfits over the summer when my friend Daniella came out from AL. She wanted to shop at this one store. So I figured I'd try...and lo and behold I got into the skirts there. They were REALLY snug at the time...but I bought them and the matching tops. Now the tops are waaaayyyy too big and the skirts fit perfectly. I am sort of bummed because they were expensive and I think it's just going to be a loss.

Oh the dark chocolate thing. I bought a bar of the super high cocoa dark chocolate (supposed to be good for your heart) over a week ago. I think I still have one square left and I started with 8. Each square has 60 calories. Higher fat than I normally would be OK with but it's a good snack..it has the most luxurious flavor..and it satisfies the cravings when I need something like that. Plus it's a good sized square of chocolate and it's too rich to eat quickly.

15 days till my birthday! I don't think I am going to make goal...but I'm over that now.

Back to my edamame.

No Lilion..I did not get her a birthday KALE...it was a cake If I had gotten her a birthday kale I don't think we'd still be friends
Old 02-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I am still having some computer problems, but am able to just get online. The computer guy is here to haul off hubbie's computer, and I just hooked up my laptop up directly. My knowledge peaked with punch cards, so I just look on helplessly. I did okay with Valentine's day considering it was our first together. I made prawns and asperagus. He didn't buy me chocolate. I got an antique book instead. It is cold here. I walked 14 long blocks yesterday in the cold. I am used to upper 70's this time of year, and it is going to get down to -10 degrees F. here tonight. That's a big change. Right now I am wearing wools socks and longjohns under my clothes. I have to take my showers in the afternoon, because I just can't tolerate them in the morning. I am surviving though. I just bundle up, and walk carefully.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #9  

Ammi- Glad to see you back...and I just figured you & Darren were giving that new bed a proper test drive I am glad you were able to find something to help protect your matress that don't make you all sweaty, like those rubber backed sheets do (I remember what that was like all too well).

Kayle- did you get a chance to check out any of the food stuff at Big Lots? I got a bunch more stuff last week- more low carb pasta & stuff. I still haven't made it to the post office...maybe Friday or Saturday...that should give me a chance to look through a couple more boxes of clothes too.

Heather- I've been dealing with the low issue too. I was taking the supplement 2 times a day, in addition to whats in my regular vitamin and everything else; but after 4 months it still wasn't as high as my doctor wanted it, so now I'm taking them 3 times a day. I have to see my GI doc anyways for other stuff next week, but I'll let you know if he tells me anything that might be useful on the low iron issue.

Lillion & some of the others- I have the same issue with my mental immage of what I look like- I never think I look as fat as I am. One advantage I have is that I'm taller and tend to carry my weight well, so its hard to find other people close to my build/height/weight to really compare to. Even other people who weigh what I weigh tend to always way underestimate what I weigh- by a long shot. There was one gal on the special edition Biggest Loser a few weeks ago that was close to my weight/build and it was the first time I felt like I saw someone who looked like me on one of those shows. I've saved all the programs on my computer, so I can rewatch them whenever I want- but that one in particular will be one I think I will need to see every few months, just to help keep a more realistic body immage in my head.

I've been being bad and spending way too much time on line yesterday & today...I get bit by the Ebay bug every once in a while- I need to start selling stuff instead of always buying though. The good news is that I found some great deals on some of the protein bars I can have...bad news is I have to figure out were to put them all when they come. That, and I also found coupons on Ebay for them & since the price at WalMart is so low to start that with the coupons they end up being less then a quarter on average. I just have to figure out how many Walmarts I'll have to hit up to use all the coupons up....you have to wonder what the cashiers think when you come in with 20-30 or more of the same coupon

I tried the last couple days to not use my feeding tube at all for formula- just water & meds. I remember why this doesn't work very well- I have to eat such small amounts at a time that I literally end up eating from the time I get up until the time I go to bed, and that is without having to drink much fluid during the day- if I added that in to, I might as well forget being able to do anything at all. The other alternative is that I don't get enough calories in and end up doing something stupid, like filling up on high density calorie things with no nutritional value at all because my body is starving for anything. I definitely need to still use the feeding tube formula to support my nutrition- I test every so often to see how I'm doing and I keep hoping one of these times I'll be able to make the transition off it for good. I came to the realization that I will probably never be able to eat a 'normal' diet and using things like meal replacement bars can really help- in reality they are no worse then having to rely on the feeding tube formula. Besides the mind set, the cost of the bars was another big issue, but as long as I can keep finding good deals on Ebay, I should be okay.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #10  

Hi everyone! I haven't been writing, but I've still been checking in to try to stay caught up and see how you all are doing. It's been a really crazy week at work---and we're JUST getting into our busy season. The next 6 months are non stop.

Weigh in looming for tomorrow... I'm not very hopeful... well, I'm always HOPEFUL but I'm afraid I'm not going to see much loss. I did, however, have a day yesterday where I was very proud of myself. For Valentines Day, my secretary brought in a beautiful cake (and she's SUCH a good baker) and one of the student employees brought in a large decorated cookie, and another brought in a bunch of candy. sigh..... at one point I thought, "you know... I really COULD have a small piece "... but then I realized that it just wasn't worth it. I had a chocolate chip rice cake instead lol ... not QUITE the same thing, eh? but I was proud of myself all the same.

Ammi-- I, too, try to soak in as much of the Olympics as I can -- I love it. I have always been a HUGE figure skating fan---skated a lot when I was a kid and always had the secret fantasy of being able to do all that. I'm still so sad about Michelle Kwan---I've been a fan of hers since she was 12. I saw her skate a few years ago and she mesmerized me (she was doing her program to "Fields of Gold" which she did in the exhibition show after the olympics when she got silver...is my favorite show of hers and one of my favorite songs)

GOt some beautiful flowers, some great books (and NO chocolate) for V-Day... one of the books is "Exersize Balls for Dummys" lol so I'm going to finally face that ball and see what the hoopla is all about.

anyway.... didn't mean to ramble so much. Just wanted to say hi. Have a great night --- Hopefully I'll be able to report loss tomorrow---or at least no gain.....
but we'll see....

Stay Strong!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #11  

I've always felt like the fat girl not matter what. I've never been small, so I really don't see where you all are coming from...lol.

Christine, I did look at Big Lots, and I saw they had some of the low carb pasta...when I add pasta into the mix, I'll be heading there!

I did alright on my Criminal Justice test from last week. Got an 80. Not as good as I had hoped for, but I didn't bomb it like I thought I had. Had another test tonight, and I knew most of the info, so I'm hoping for a B or higher. Had a person come in and talk about the DNR...If you guys haven't heard about it, there are cougars (which are mountain lions! Lol) in Michigan! And they've been moving south to where I live...southwestern michigan. It's scary, seriously. They've been in my town, and my Mom saw tracks of a big cat in our backyard!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleystar
there are cougars (which are mountain lions! Lol) in Michigan!
They got my brother in laws friend's hunting dog last year- and this was a very expensive hunting dog/show dog/stud, that was only a couple years old. This was on our family farm up in Charlevoix County...lots of interesting wild life up there. I remember going back out to our farm one winter after we had moved into town and thinking it was strange to see foot prints so close to the house...until I got close enough to see they were from a bear. I never saw one the entire time I live there, though we knew there were several in the area. Its weird now to think of how I use to go off for walk in the woods on our farm (we had 500+ acres)- I was pretty young when I was allowed to go by myself, like 7 or 8. Back then I didn't know to be worried...now I can't even imagine doing it.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #13  

I'd seen that kind of thing up in Grayling...around that area. Saw a bear up that way...but cougars?!?! DOWN HERE! It freaks me out! We don't let the cats out at night anymore. Horses have been killed, and lots of dogs, yet the DNR is saying that they aren't down here...we just need to get a pic of one, and then shove it in their faces!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:45 PM   #14  

Well ladies, today was an odd and eventful day for me. First was the snack day at work. I was rather pleased that I brought a FF bean dip for snack day. It got lots of compliments and two people asked for the recipe. However, I was the ONLY one who brought anything remotely healthy, I gave in and ate several fattening, chocolatey things and it turned in to a full blown binge by the time I got home.

I never binge. Just never! I think it was about 1/3 PMS and 1/3 being bummed over weigh in and 1/3 just cruddy mood. I ate a big piece of the WW oreo cake I made and two oreo cookies dipped in cool whip. Everything was lowfat...but a binge is a binge. I was just dying for chocolate and now...

Then when DH got home from class I mentioned that Sears had a sale on an eliptical for $299 that would normally be $399. So we packed up and went to Sears. After a bit of time looking them over and comparing we ended up buying, not the $299 one, but a $499 one which with a service contract and taxes etc turned out to be $600! Good Lord! I guess I just better use the darn thing at that price! We pick it up on the 21st.

I'm still not sure I like it. It's just that I'm so used to a treadmill that it feels weird. But it's bought so I'm committed. I suppose I can start with a few minutes at a time until I get used to it and up the time.

So...now I'm tired, I've got a tummy ache and I have spent a large amount of money on an exercise machine I'm not used to.

Like I said...it's been a strange day.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

lillion - what kind of fascist regime do you work for where they have a "snack day"??

Ammi - welcome back! missed ya!

its been a rough week. my TOM is here, and im up 2 lbs between last weeks .2 and this weeks 1.8. I also didnt have a valentine, so i worked all night.

on a more positive note, my grandmother gave me the money to go to school since i couldnt get financed anywhere. so i start on the 27th!! im pretty excited about that!

im going to vegas this weekend. i bought a bunch of WW rations (snacks) to take with me so i wont have an excuse not to behave.

any NSV's for today? anyone?
Closed Thread