Old 11-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up Old Hens - 40+ and Ready to Lose ...Vol 19

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #2  

Smile

Good morning to some... good afternoon to others.

Jen.... that Jillian SCARES ME. I am so impressed on how much weight and INCHES those contestants lost when they show them NOW. They all did so good.
I just wish they didn't DRAMAIZE everything so much on that show. I am sooo happy that one guy cut his hair. He looks soooooo much better. But he should have waited until next week to cut it... it could have added an extra pound to his weight loss. LOL I was surprised he voted his former partner off.

Michelle.... did you get your Weight LOSS program started ???
Exercising ??? eating healthy ??? drinking your water ???
GO GIRL GO !!!!!

Ruth/ Iwillbe ... I really appreciate you taking the time to just check in. It helps to know someone is here and you are not alone.

Valerie ... Hopefully I am not like your MIL. She sounds a little picky when she worries about her neighbors water use. LOL
I actually think I am a good MIL. I don't give advice, I don't criticize, I have never said a negative word to her. Sometimes it is hard... but I don't want anyone to tell me how to live or raise my kids... so I don't tell them how to live or raise their kids either.

Thinthinker... which son was that ??? Thank goodness you convinced him to wait until the painting is done. As far as the bedroom ... maybe he is just ready for a new look.
Didn't they both buy a new bedroom set for their new bedrooms ???
Hmmm... I bet your garage is FULL with both of those sets waiting to move.
That will leave you a guest bed for your mom when needed... or maybe someone from OKLA. LOL Just kidding.... but it could come in handy for you.
I know you don't have much, if any, free time lately... but stop long enough throughout the day to take some deep breaths. Mini rests are better than none. {(( HUGS )))

Okay.... I out of here. Let's all make GOvember the month that jump started your weight loss success.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:06 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

2Cute: It was a great show last night! Do you read The Biggest Loser Thread on this site?

TOM is still raging in my body...I feel so bloated and just BLAH. I'm hoping it will finish by Friday or Saturday!

Have a great day y'all!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #4  

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it certainly helped me when I used to post before and I hope it will again. I may not have chance to post every day but I will try and keep up with everyone else's posts so that I can get to know all of you. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions that you want to know about me. As long as it's not my vital statistics as I don't think they make a tape measure big enough.
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #5  

Good afternoon ladies!

Well, here I am again, checking in. I've been kinda scarce lately. One of those weeks where I just don't want to think about food or my weight. Yet I've been lurking and stepping on the scale. How's that for a contradiction.

I've not managed to be good Lilion - - but I haven't been quite - - bad Lilion either....well, maybe a little bit . I really, really hate this time of year sometimes. There's constant holidays and snack days and feasts and parties and food, food, food, food everywhere you look! And I am a weak, weak person! Today there's snack day again and I succumbed again. Bah!

I know I've gained, the miserable little scale in my bathroom tells me so. Still, I'll go do the real WI on Friday and see what the true damage is. I don't know if I'll put too much stock in it though...I have PMS from you know where and I'm retaining so much water I think my chest will spring a leak any minute! I can barely fit in my bras! Caulk another one up to Mother Nature. I still haven't heard from my Dr. either, which ticks me off! You'd think the results of tests taken at a hospital less than a mile from the Dr. office could make their way to that office in less than five days! I'm going to call them tomorrow if I haven't heard by end of business today.

Mavis: We're glad to have you aboard!

Boy, would I love to make replys to people, but I'm still all grumpy, as you might have gathered so I'll leave that for another day. I need to get to work as it is...and balance my checkbook...Yeah! That'll cheer me up!

Later Ladies!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Default Gooood Afternoon!

I guess I'm not very good at luring people back in here now am I?

2Cute...yup! I did start my program today and I had an NSV today too! One of the girls in the office went across the street to get dunkin munchkins and I DID NOT HAVE A ONE! Nope...I didnt' even open the box and look in! I made myself an egg and cheese on an english muffin for breakfast and ate it on the way to work with a cup of coffee, I had an apple at break, a mc'd's cheeseburger for lunch with a diet dr pepper. I actually got the happy meal so Andrew could have the toy and I got the apple dippers instead of fries (my weakness). I plan to put the apple dippers in his lunch tomorrow so he will have a fruit! I don't know what I will have for dinner tonight but I plan to be under points by the time I go to bed because I get so many and have used so few today already! We will see about that though! LOL

Lillion I hope tomorrow is a better day for you all around! We all have our bad days here and there! But at least you still come here for the support instead of hibernating like I do when I am having a bad time!!

I have to ask...has anyone tried the new WW oatmeal cups that they sell at the meetings for $2 a piece or 4 for $6? If you haven't I probably wouldn't waste my money. They are only 2 pts per cup and if you can imagine glue with shredded up cardboard in it then you pretty much have summed up the taste! I unfortunately bought the 4 for $6 and will eat them but I may have to add a few points to doctor them up! OH...paper mache~ thats what it reminds me of...

Anyways...I am off to do some laundry and figure out what we will eat for dinner. I'll try and check back in later. I hope some more of you come out to post this evening!

Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi Michele, I also get the Happy Meals at McD's with the apple dippers. The meal is just the right size! I give the girl's toys to my co-worker's kids.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #8  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Ya know, when I'm ON Plan, I feel SO strong. I feel like I'll never have a craving again. I AM STRONG! I AM INVINCABLE! Where's Helen Reddy when I need her now???

That stupid pasta at MIL's last night has my system in a fit. I survived TOM. I survived dinner theatre. But that pasta has brought me to my KNEES! Right in front of the refridgerator. Right next to the cupboard where I'd FORGOTTEN I even HAD the girlscout cookies hidden. It's not so much that my eating has been a disaster - it's been bad, but not disaster - YET. It's just that I feel like I used to feel - food obsessed. crazy.

And yesterday things looked so good when it all started out. I should feel great right now - I did Curves, I cleaned stalls. I'm going to bed. It's the farthest room in the house from the kitchen. ...sigh. I'm sorry. I'll answer posts tomorrow.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Valerie...BACK AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!! They are sooo not worth it the next day!!
Just think how great you will feel later for surviving without them!!

Jen I always get the happy meal. I keep the little toys for when we are out in public like at a restaurant and the boy starts getting restless...works every time, especially if its something that jumps, hops, pops or makes noise! Gotta love them 5 year olds!!

OK I survived my first day OP and I ended with 2 extra points left. I will give them up as if I used them and hope for a quicker loss!!

Gonna hit the hay...talk at y'all later!! Michelle
Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 AM   #10  

Wink Good morning ladies!

How are all of the chickies doing this morning? As for myself, I think I am doing well, but I don't feel like I am doing everything I need to do to lose this weight!! I keep trying to find the right balance of foods to fuel my body and keep me satisfied.....and still lose weight. Good job if you can do it. I am afraid my appetite is bigger than my brain!

My daughter has switched over to the biggest loser diet, and I am waiting to see how she does on that one. It is pointless to keep changing diets, you know, we all know that if you stick to any of them the weight will come off. I have always felt that weight watchers was by far the best way to go, so that is where I am. I just fail to follow the plan way too many times!

Valerie, Boy do I understand that invincable feeling when you are OP, and you start thinking this time I have it down pat, and I am never going to cheat on my plan again!! It happens to all of us, or at least that is my guess. You just have to get back on the wagon and try again. What else can you do?

Michelle, Good for you! That first day OP will lead to many more for you after all you have taken the first step in the right direction.

Lilion, Come on girl, turn both sides of that mouth up and smile, it won't hurt a bit and may make you feel better! OK it probably won't, but I am in hopes that you feel better soon. It is a bummer to feel grouchy and out of sorts. Probably hormones messing with you. Hang in there it will get better!

Thin, hurry up and finish with the guys homes so you can come and play with us! You are working too hard!

2cute, no problem! I like to check in when possible. It helps me more than anyone else. Keeping in touch with all of you makes me think about what I am doing or trying to do for my health and looks. Oh yeah, we all want to look good, now don't we? I gotta tell you I haven't seen and awful lot of fat folks that I thought looked good, and I shudder when I stand in front of the mirror. You know if they passed a law saying we couldn't wear clothes, I bet none of us would dare overeat!

Mavis, I bet they do have a tape that would measure you! If I can find one to measure my hips I know they are out there. Share anything you want to with us other than your vital satistics.

Jen, Hope the TOM has left and you aren't feeling bloated and awful anymore. Good idea about the toys from the happy meal, not sure the happy meal is such a winning idea. I love McDs myself. I love junk food period, and I think that may be a clue as to why I am soooooo fat. sigggghhh!

I think I had better hush before Suzanne starts charging me for space on here. Time to go and huff and puff anyway. Have a good OP day girls, see Ya later. Iwillbe....Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, everyone!

I'm really supposed to be doing paperwork this morning, but instead I felt bad about not posting so I figured I would procrastinate once again and post here first.

Things are moving along with the boy's homes. #1 Son worked at his house last night and and Honey the "Baby" worked over at his house. It has really helped that the "Baby" has postponed his carpet and move until next week.

I went to a Diabetic Food class last night. What a waste of time! The speaker was their Diabetic Education instructor. Her idea of interactive was shooting questions to the audience, like a teacher would, but she would preface it with "those of you that are in my class what is...........". It got very annoying AND it was like ok, only the kids that are in your nutrition class get to play, but also what are THEY learning when it's obvious they already have the answer? She was a bit put out that I don't "test". When I told her that my Dr. tells me I don't have to test she went into a speach about "if you're diagnosed with Diabetes it is your right to be able to test on your own.....yada yada". She just attituded me! Then we had a taste test of ice cream, fruit, cookies, and pumpkin cheesecake. It was made by the food services department at the hospital, but they didn't provide recipes or anything. Anyway, seemed like a waste of time to me.....like TIME is something I have alot of these days.

Ok, I wanted to see how you guys feel about this. Suzanne has made holiday trackers available now and I think we should all pick a weightloss goal to try and manage before Christmas. I know some of you don't use the trackers currently, but I would like to encourage everyone to pick a goal and go fix you one for the holidays. You will see from my signature at the bottom that my Christmas goal is 10 pounds. I figure that is reasonable and doable. We have 45 days til Christmas, 6 weeks. We can do alot of losing by then. I'm not saying that 10 pounds should be everyone's goal, pick a goal that is manageable for YOU. Let's just DO IT!!! (If you're having trouble figuring out how to do the trackers, just give me a holler and I will help you.)

I really have to get going here or I will never get out to do my jobs for today. So with that I will say ado..... Love ya bunches. See you soon.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #12  

Wish I had time to post but I don't. BUT ....
All of your postings were sooooo inspiring for me today. THANK YOU !!!!
I will try to get back later.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #13  

Smile

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well, I ate enough sweets yesterday to kill many people. I didn't drink water and I was generally BAD! Today is much better so far. I had a 8 pt breakfast, a 8 pt lunch and tasted a few Tastfully Simple dips that have been put out here by a lady that is having a party tonight. I have to go to the party...but luckily I don't really care for most chip and dip type stuff, so I think I'll be fine there. I've made beef vegetable soup for dinner, which is one of my favorites and probably not over 8 pts a serving. Making my day, without the snackies, 24. Plenty of room for the snackies. After I get done with this post I'll go fill up my water.

I expect I'll have an upward movement on my tracker tomorrow, but given the PMS I'm not going to freak out about it.

Thin: I'm joining you on the holiday goal. Mine is really, really simple...get to 250. That's seven pounds in six weeks - given the stall I've been at, that's fairly ambitious, but we'll give it a try.

Ruth, Michelle and everyone else: Thanks for the I needed that! I've just been such a grump. I can't seem to keep my mind on work at all which puts me even more behind which makes me an even bigger grump. I need a vacation...pity I'm too far behind to take one. I'll cheer up soon though...I just know it!

Valerie: Don't feel so bad about the pasta...it's better than my bizillion calories of sweets yesterday that I'm still craving! I know it all stems from the candy binge that is Halloween! But I'll stop the candy and you stop the carbs! Deal?

I am now embarking on a scary, scary eBay jouney! I'm looking for a bow for archery and I don't want to pay a fortune and those darn things are expensive! DH broke his recently and needs one too. So, we are looking at two on eBay that are SO darn expensive, but, if they are as represented they are way worth the money...I just hate spending $100's of $$$$ on sporting goods! I am a very cheap person.

I have now called the Dr. and am waiting for someone to call me back to tell me what the heck is going on with my tests from last week. The hospital told me they'd have the results by Tuesday! I just hate waiting!

Well, must try to get some work done. Tomorrow is a holiday for me! and I can't wait! to do nothing! Yea! But, I'll probably take work home with me for the weekend!

Onward and Downward Ladies!!!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #14  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Michelle, You cracked me up with the "Back Away" remark Thank you!

Lilion, You've got a deal on the no carbs/no candy! Let's DO IT! THere - it's a contract!

Ooooo, Thin, I love the Holiday trackers! I sure hope you're able to finish up with the boys' places soon. What a huge amount of work - I don't know what they'd do without you.

Thanks for the support, Ruth! I'm doing so much better today - not crazy anymore... well, no more than before anyway!

Bill just got home for a couple hours on his way to NYC - gotta go schmooze him and maybe even cook

Later y'all!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Hello Chicks!

Valerie...glad to put a smile on your face!! I can so relate to overdosing on the cookies!! I just don't know how to stop once I start so I try not to start!

Lilion...hope your days get better!! I give you credit for posting each day even though its not so good!~ Never give up...thats my new motto! I decided that when I give up I get nowhere! This time I am going to make my destination~~

Thin I know my Christmas goal is way beyond my reach...but...my actual goal is to see just how close I can get!! I'm one that needs a real challenge to keep me motivated~~

2Cute...where'd ya run off to today? Huh? Huh?

Ruth...I have to take it one day at a time so I don't get so overwhelmed~ I break my large loss into smaller chunks and work on just that like its ALL I have to lose to make goal. Then I do it again! Eventually before you know it the weight has come off in hunks!

Ok I do have to tell....since my son has no school tomorrow for the holiday he is spending the night at my parent's house. We had a couple of gift cards from Applebees so we went to dinner with our neighbors, John and Sherry. I ordered the WW baked onion soup and it was pretty good..not the best I ever had but pretty good for not being the full fat stuff! I also ordered the new Confetti Chicken. It comes with a bean/corn salsa on the top (no tomato), confetti rice which was pretty colorful and tasty and steamed vegetables. Let me tell you....I AM SO DARN FULL! I ate every bit of my plate it was so gooood!! Well maybe I didnt' eat the plate but everything on it anyway! It had a bed of red, black and yellow tortilla strips. That just made it taste so much better! If you have an applebees I would truly reccommend it! And to top it off the whole plate was only 7 points!

I guess I babbled enough for tonight~ I will check back with you all tomorrow~ I hope EVERYONE has a great successful day tomorrow~

Michelle