Old 10-21-2005, 08:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again...#774

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:51 AM   #2  

Jeanette -- Sorry to hear about your boyfriend losing his job....but like you said you all will manage together...jut try to stay positive.

Brenda -- Glad to hear that you were able to get rid of some pants and also wear some that you haven't worn in two yeats. AWESOME!! Good luck with your weigh in.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:02 AM   #3  

Hello All,

It's a rotten rainy day here in Wales, the kind of rain that you can't keep dry from even under and umbrella. Boy am I glad I don't have to go out today!

I keep forgetting to mention a great diet find I found. Unsulphured dried apricots. I don't think the sulphur makes any difference to calories, but an unsulphured apricot although not looking nice lol, is delicous, and a much healthier option nutrition wise. Anyway for 100 gms which is quite a lot it's only 2.5 points. They are so sweet too that they really do pander nicely to my sweet tooth. I am definitely going to keep a supply in the house.

Sue Marie - yes you are right that we are all allowed days off the diet. I am having 2 more this week, planned ones this time lol. But I have learned from earlier in the week that a day off now isn't going to be one where I eat everything in sight. I won't forget I am dieting, but I will allow myself treats.

That is FANTASTIC that you didn't give in to temptation and you threw out that salsa with cheese and settled for a carrot. You really are staying strong this week ready to see that 349 lbs or less on your new scales!!! You should be so proud of yourself

It's good that the scales arrived so quickly too, I love it when I order stuff and it comes much quicker than expected!

Lori - congrats on the 15 lbs lost in one month. I did the same on my first month and I remember having to get off the scales and getting on them again, checking that it wasn't a mistake. I weigh monthly though so it was a huge shock when I was only expecting or hoping for an 8 lb loss. Keep up the excellent work, you are doing so well!!

Mnemosyne - ah see, I think I would be exactly the same as you, I love cashews, so am sure I would have loved the cashew butter too much as well. Good for you for throwing it out, especially as it was so expensive. The last thing we had in the house that wasn't bought for me but which nobody liked was something called milk rolls. They are kind of like a croissant in taste, but in texture more like an ordinary roll. Oh they were so delicious, and at 3 points each I could eat some. But sticking to one a day was SO hard. I wish I had thrown them out, the temptation killed me, but I managed to stick to one a day mostly lol.

Sharon (voodoo) - you are right you know, you are showing all the signs of depression that I did. It is so different to just feeling down, and I am sure if you do end up going to the docs over it that you will find they agree with you that you have depression. A week of walking on the beach might help your stress levels but I think you will still need to go see the doc. I am on meds for my depression and they work really well without making me feel spaced out or anything.

Amy - Congratulations on your wonderful news that you will be getting married next week. It sucks that your ex held out so long before going for the divorce, but YAY, it's done and dusted now, and you can marry your real Mr Right. I am so happy for you, and when you have time I would love to hear all about what you will wear, who will be there, and what the ceremony will be, or if afterwards, was like. I love weddings

Andrea - on the 3 lbs lost. You are doing so amazingly well, and I am positive that you are going to go way past your November 5th goal. Isn't it just the best when the weight comes off and you can feel so proud!!

Jen - sorry to hear that your boyfriend is losing his job. It's a blessing though that your job is one you love and one that is quite safe. Now he can concentrate on setting up his private consultancy again, and I hope it all comes together quickly. Don't want to put off those house building plans for too long.

Brenda - that is fantastic that you got to throw out two pairs of pants that were HUGE on you, and that you got into another pair you hadn't worn for two years. That must have been such a NSV for you, and you should be so proud of yourself. Isn't it amazing to be feeling less and less bad about yourself and more and more proud of losing the weight and being in control again.

Rabidstoat - how on earth did you choose that name by the way Wow you have really done some travelling haven't you? You have been to some brilliant places. Going to Cambodia seems to definitely be inspiring you to get plenty of weight off before then, and I am sure you will do it. You mentioned how you would astound the Cambodians with how big you are That reminds me of when my brother went to Bali with mum years and years ago. He is 6 foot and at the time he was about 210 lbs. He was blonde too. Apparently all the little balinese men idolised him. A lot of them were gay, and in awe of him. They used to bring him treats and be extra nice to him, and when he got bali belly they were all concerned and kept asking mum if he was alright and could they come look after him

Ok, it's lunch time now. I better make a move. I hope everybody is doing ok, and for those that won't be back here until Monday or later, have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-21-2005, 09:07 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I was up by 3.25 pounds at the TOPS meeting last night (but still under 280!). Lots of factors added to that, though, including the fact that my old TOPS chapter used a digital scale, whereas this one has one of those big doctor scales with the sliding thingies (yup, technical terminology ), and I know I always weighed more on that type of scale at my gym than the digital one at TOPS. I'm certainly not saying I didn't have a genuine gain, but I just don't think it was really that drastic. I'll use it as a new starting point for this new chapter

I have been eating SO much lately! I don't know what's going on with me--I feel like I am PMS-ing, but I'm in the middle of a BC pack, so that should be weeks away yet This morning, I had my chocolate Carnation instant breakfast before I left like usual, then I had my Special K bar in the car, then I had my yogurt at the office, and then I ate my lunch (salad) at like 7:30 this morning (I got to the office about 6). I haven't had anything since then (it's a little after 9 now), but that much food should have lasted me till at least noon! There's protein in the yogurt and carnation, so it wasn't all empty carbs. I don't know what's going on. At least I plugged all o fmy food into Fitday (including what I think I'll end up having for lunch now that I have already eaten my salad plus what I will make for dinner tonight), and I'll still be below 2000 calories for the day, so I'm in a normal range. I just feel like I am eating SO much! Darn these hormones and whatever else is going on in my body!

On a happier note, congrats to those with losses and on throwing out old jeans and on being positive in situations where some people would freak out (such as a boyfriend losing a job...) I will devote this weekend to unpacking and catching up on some much-needed sleep. Now if it would just be 3pm so I could go home...only 5 more hours and 53 minutes (but who's counting )
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  

Jill - wow I never knew those old scales still existed I am glad the gain didn't take you about 280, and I am sure you won't take too long to lose it again.

I have days like you where I just want to eat all the time. I wonder why we have them. Some days I know the bad weather doesn't help, but other days I just constantly want to eat no matter what the weather is like. It's funny because I have a load of low fat snacks in the house, and when I have a munchie day I eat a lot of them and I feel so guilty because I feel like I am pigging out, when it actual fact, I'm not. Thank goodness for low fat snacks.

Have a good day, and forget about that gain, at least it wasn't one when you had been dieting faithfully. They are the gains that suck big time!!!

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Jill - I swear, those scales with sliding weights, I can make myself weigh anywhere in a 10 pound range on the one here in the bathroom at work. (And who in the world puts a scale in the bathroom at work anyway?) I have no idea how the digital ones work, but they seem a lot more consistent to me than the doctor office kind. Even if I can make myself weigh differently by moving it to a different tile on the bathroom floor...

And rabidstoat as a name is a long story. We do military applications here at work, and have mock exercises testing them. My team had the call sign of rabidchild. Then when I went to make a username somewhere it was taken, so I changed it to rabidstoat. The funny thing? Sometimes I go someplace new and rabidstoat is already taken!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:10 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Voodoo – yes, my strength shined through for sure… I felt very proud of myself… now if I can only survive the next 6 weeks Ooh then there’s finals Let us know how the walks on the beach go! Sometimes all it takes is a change on environment

Amyliz – congrats on the wedding plans and good for you for staying on plan! Make sure you post lots and lots of pictures of the wedding heheh! I have to agree with Jen415. The best things are waiting for! For sure! I’ve been with James for 8 years now… we’re working on weddings plans… working and working and working heheheh!

Andrea – Congrats!! 3lbs gone forever! I really should set myself a goal as well. Mini goals are so motivating.

Jen415 – so sorry to hear about b/f’s job you know sometimes things are done for a reason. So I think you’re right, this just might be the push he needs.

Going to Lose 200 – Hmmm veggie cheese… I’m gonna have to see if I can find some of that at my local grocers. Cheese, peanut butter, and mushrooms are my weaknesses hehehe… I called last night a small victory only because one of my biggest weaknesses is a Chinese place near me. It’s a buffet. I’m addicted to the dim sum and mushroom chicken. That’s a HUGE weakness hehehe… I am trying to resist but man… it’s hard! Nothing feels better than getting into a pair of jeans that you haven’t been able to wear in ages… CONGRATS!

Rabid – wow… you are quite the traveler! If you ever get a chance, go to Thailand. I would tell you to goto Phuket, since it’s beautiful there, but I am not sure how it looks since after the Tsunami. I have family up in Chang Mai and Bangkok. I have yet to go there so I’ve never met them… but they send me pictures all the time of the area. Breath taking! I work at a middle school and the teachers here get together and have little competitions for weight loss. Sometimes they scare me!! but we have a scale in the bathrooms as well as in the staff lounge I thought the same thing when I first started working at the school… who in the world would have a scale in the bathrooms (at work that is) hehehe…

Ammi - *clapping* yes I’m excited, a new toy for new motivation

Jilly – it’s amazing the differences you get when weighing in on two different scales. I know for a fact that I weighed in at home at 355 but when I was at the doctors they told me 352.6… if you have a scale at home, use that one as a control (meaning always go by that weight) I like that I weigh less at the doctors office, but I use my home scale as my control scale. It will be interesting to see the differences in weight when I compare the new digital scale to my old dial scale.

I’m sitting here anxiously waiting for my scale to arrive. They said they would make another attempt to deliver it today between 10 and 3… well I’m here and the paper I signed is still on my door. Sooo…. As I sit here and twiddle my thums… I think I’m going to edit my weight tracker to make a mini goal for being able to use the scale Well its either that or study for my midterm… actually I’m all studied out, so I need to occupy my time with something else or I’ll go crazy… so that’s what I’ll do. I leave at 1 for class... so hopefully when I get home the scale will finally be delivered.

I have league tonight…and then afterwards we’re heading out to do some karaoke… EEEK! I will have to share with you all a caricature that I got from San Diego Zoo done for our team picture. I finally got it scanned in and I colored it in. If I can get it posted on my ftp site I’ll post pics of it.

Gotta run… take care!
Sue…

Last edited by SueMarie301; 10-21-2005 at 03:15 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone -- All sorts of engagements and weight losses and exciting events lately!
Congrats to all!

Rabidstoat -- Have a BLAST in SE Asia! Last fall I was able to live in China and Japan each for 2 months. I was very worried before I went that I wouldn't be able to get along well. I knew I'd have to do a lot of walking every day, and I also knew that people my size are not as common in Asia. I think I weighed about 285 when I left. Other than having to pace myself, everything went pretty smoothly... even the squat toilets! I am very jealous!

Ammi -- So, I heard you had a day off plan. I think it's GREAT that you came back. The first time I had a day that really put me above my calorie comfort zone was scary to contemplate but I came back the next day and feel relieved now that I CAN go "off" a bit and know I can come back to it. Okay, I'm still worried sometimes I won't, but it's a life long process...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Good Afternoon Ladies!

It is 49 degrees here in southwestern Illinois - quite a change from 85 degrees just 2 days ago! I'm not complaining though - it feels great to me!

RABIDSTOAT: We went to India in March of 1999 to bring home our twin daughters whom we adopted. My DH is 6 feet tall and around 180 pounds. Our son was nearly 13 at the time and a big kid - I am 5'6" tall and was around 300 pounds. When we got off the plane in Chennai, there were hundreds of Indian people waiting outside for friends and family. The whole crowd just stopped talking and stared! We are very pale Germans and between our size and coloring, they were just dumbfounded! We got that the whole week we were there - the kids just ran up to us off the streets wanting to touch us - I feel terribly heavy here, but nothing compared to India - it was over 100 degrees everyday there too and that didn't help - I swear my body swells in the heat. Then when we met with the orphanage officials, they wanted to know how I would deal with adopting Abbi and Chelsi when the new baby came! SAY WHAT?? What new baby?? It took a little bit with the language barrier to convince them that there was no baby - just fat! Have a great time!

AMMI: Thanks for the congrats! One day at a time - WE will do this!!

Congrats to everyone on their successes this week!

Have a GREAT weekend!
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

LOL, I like your story Lori!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Hi Alison,

I have to admit, I chuckle everytime I think of it now! To make matters worse, we were told that women were expected to wear skirts, not shorts or slacks or capris - well, I had bought all these broomstick skirts at Lane Bryant which had really cool designs and such on them - but oh my - did NOTHING for my figure!!
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Hee, thanks for the stories of Asia, everyone! I do feel a little self-conscious traveling when my weight is like the equivalent to two people in the locals. And the squat toilet thing does have me worried. I feel like I need to be in training or something When I went around Europe I was at my lightest adult weight, which was still like 165 pounds on 5'2". When I wanted to go around the world on my sabbatical, I almost put it off because I was 'too fat', but decided that was silly -- and was glad I didn't. I was about 240 pounds then.

My friend went to South Korea with work once. He went to a tailor, to get a couple of suits made. Now, he's a hefty guy, probably borderline between 'fat' and 'obese' on the BMI charts. He said the tailor's eyes got really big and he looked very impressed, just kept going, "ooh, so fat!" like it was a compliment. Maybe he considered him wealthy and well fed? He came back and dropped like 10 pounds, heh.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #13  

Hello All,

It's Saturday afternoon and I am feeling pretty blah. One of my stupid down days. I want to eat so badly, how long does it take before my body learns that it doesn't need comfort food. Anyway -

Rabidstoat - isn't it just weird how much a scale can change it's reading depending on where you put it in a room. I learned that a long time ago and now make sure I put my digital in exactly the same spot once a month to weigh.

Thanks for telling me how you got your name, and yes it does seem strange that you have gone on some sites and the name is already gone. You wouldn't expect that would you!!

Sue Marie - Did your scales arrive? I hope so. What about the Karaoke, I hope you had a fun time singing. I am not brave enough to do that in public lol, but I enjoy a good sing along at home.

Wyllen - yes you hear correctly, I had a day off, and I got straight back on track the next day. Yes it is a big relief to know that I can do that and not end up pigging out for a week before getting back on track, or worse still not getting back on track at all. Now I know that when I have my planned days off on the 2nd, 3rd and 23rd of next month I will be able to carry on with me diet straight afterwards.

Lori - that is so wonderful that you have adopted twins, what a keffuffle huh having to make the officials understand that you weren't pregnant at the time I am glad you got it all sorted out though. How old are the girls now?

I am going to go get some lunch now and then I think I am going to go back to sleep. Take care all,

hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-22-2005, 11:24 AM   #14  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and nice words while i was sick. I guess we ended up having some kind of stomuch virus cause it ended up lasting for a few days and some of our friends ended up with it too. I am very glad that it wasn't the tortilla's cause I loved them! They will def be favorites around here.

AMY---I have already told you but I will tell you here too! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited that you guys are getting married. Now if we can just get through the wedding party without eating a ton of cake and junk food. I guess it is about time for a little off day anyway. Really though, I will try to be good. I will ttyl and see you on Tuesday! Congrats again!!!

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend! I will try to catch up with the posts tonight. I was sick for a few days and you all just talked away, thats what I get for not keeping up!
ahill1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #15  

Well my son had his soccer tournament today and they had free hot dogs there....My husband and I were both so hungry because we had a game early this morning and then basketball practice and then another game....I forgot to pack my Luna Bar in my purse so I ended up eating a hot dog...which was really really good. I also have my neice's birthday party today so I figured I will allow myself a piece of cake this afternoon. I haven't cheated in 4 1/2 weeks and I fugured I deserve it.....I will make sure that I am back on track tomorrow. I do have my mini goal to meet. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote