Old 09-24-2005, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again...#762

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#762

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 06:13 AM   #2  

Good Morning All,

Well it's Saturday morning and the weather is looking pretty grey. I hope it doesn't rain until I get chance to dry all my clothes that are on the line right now. UK weather sucks. Mind you, I shouldn't moan, not when parts of the US are being bombarded with Hurricane Rita. And so soon after Hurricane Katrina. It really is upsetting, and again my thoughts and prayers go to those people effected by the storms.

My diet is going well, and I just finished a cup of green tea with pear and apple flavouring. It's a bit bitter as it comes, so I add a couple of sweeteners and it's delicious then. I know it's supposed to aid good digestion, but I also heard it's good for getting your metabolism up and running. I only drink one cup a day, but I like to think it does me some good.

Sharon - hope the exercising goes well and that your knee doesn't complain too much. Still having probs getting that first email, so I am going to contact my ISP today and see if there is a problem.

Luan - how are you feeling today, I hope you are feeling a bit better than yesterday. How did your last day go at work? I had to laugh at Sharon when she said about the 'wardrobe' you must have had to deal with, wisps of spangly stuff etc lol.

Futurediva - I know just how you feel about writing a post and then deleting it by mistake. I do that so often, or it gets lost through no fault of my own so often that I copy as I go along. That way if the thing gets lost I can open a new message and paste all I had written.

You mentioned you have a job in labour and delivery, is that what it sounds like, you work on a maternity ward??

Julee - glad to hear you are going to look after yourself. I guess when this job is all sorted out you will be able hopefully to take a big breath and relax again.

Neurotica - wow 109 lbs in 9 months, that is amazing. What did you do apart from have your 'fat' days. Did you work out every day in the gym or something??

Catherine - haven't heard from you in a while now, hope you are doing ok and that the nerves are settling a little.

PJ - are you managing to read posts if not write often? I hope so, coz I am saying a big HELLO lol

Everybody else I have missed, have a great day, and enjoy your weekend,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-24-2005, 08:27 AM   #3  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

My nerves are better, I guess. It seems like I still have so much to do. I have to put buttons on my new suit jacket today, and hem some pants. I also have a couple of pairs of pants to take up. I have packed and unpacked my bags almost everyday for the last week. He's been busy the last two weeks doing a new set of lesson plans, and so I haven't gotten to speak to him as much. That's made some of this harder. Hearing his voice makes things easier. I should be able to post once I get there. He does have a computer. I've been wearing my new boots to break them in, and feel a bit silly. It's kind of hot here for them, but it may be snowing there when I arrive. The sun finally came out today. We have been socked in with clouds from the back side of Hurricane Rita for about 3 days. That should tell you how big this storm is. We had some tidal flooding a couple of days ago, but the surf advisory has now been lifted. If this area took a direct hit, it would look every bit as bad as New Orleans. This county is the second most densely populated county in the nation, and most densely populated in Florida with a high percentage of elderly. The idiots in charge are approving all sorts of new condos to go right on the water front. There are really only two bridges that can be used for evacuation, so it would take days, and we wouldn't have that much advance warning. A big one hits here, and there is going to be the bodies of little old ladies floating all the way to Cuba. Last year when the 4 hurricanes criss crossed the state, but just kept missing us, most people refused to evacuate without their pets. The shelters here are schools, and the schools are afraid of the animal hair causing alergies in the kids when the schools reopen. Our ASPCA has taken in 100 pets from the Mississippi area that were found with their dead owners who refused to leave without them. The animals could swim, but not their elderly owners. The same thing would happen here. In the scheme of things worrying about a trip to meet someone's parents pales in comparison.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #4  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello all. Been a week since I posted and lots to catch up on! Congratulations to the many of you who have lost weight this week! Welcome to the new folks who are posting!

Well, my goal this week was to eat "in control" and to exercise for 30 minutes 5 days. I was "in control" about 4 days and definitely out of control the last 3. I worked out 3 days...2 days for an hour and one day for 30 minutes. So in terms of minutes I guess I only missed 30 minutes. I lost 0.8 pounds. I am happy with that but I know I would have done better if I hadn't lost it as the week went on.

As the week progressed, I started eating fast food for lunch almost everyday. I live only 10 minutes from work so it is very easy for me to run home and fix myself soup and a sandwich or even nuke a Lean Cuisine and veggies, but I chose not to. My intention is always there but when it comes time to go to lunch in my mind I just feel like I am not going to be satisfied with my healthy meal at home. So I need to work on that. One thing I know helps me is to be cooking and trying new recipes. I really like to enjoy my food and a Lean Cuisine on a regular basis really doesn't cut it for me. In fact for the early part of the week I had made a couple recipes from my Cooking Light cookbooks and I was doing well. I just need to keep myself organized and so I can plan some meals. It will make all the difference for me. I really do enjoy cooking and trying new things.

So, that is my goal for this week. In addition to getting in at least 150 minutes of exercise and I want to try at least 2 new recipes this week.

I know if I will stick to eating healthfully for the entire week, rather that just part of the week I will be rewarded at the scale. I am grateful for my 0.8 this week, but I guess I am greedy...I want more!!!!!

Thanks, everyone, for being here. You really have no idea how helpful it is to be able to read what you all have to say.
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:22 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Jeez these threads have been flying by--and I have been missing them! I just went back and had to catch up on the entire last thread, so in a nutshell--congrats on losing, welcome to our group, good luck with the Coke, I have "fat dyas" also, you'll have a wonderful trip, glad the hurricane missed you, and hello everyone! How's that for a 10-second catch-up

I weighed in at TOPS on Thursday night with a 1-pound gain. Not bad considering all the crap I have been eating lately. I have decided that I actually perhaps needed to increase my calories (when I came back from my business trip last week, I was up 7-8 pounds, so only having a 1-pound gain at TOPS last night meant something I have been doing has been working!). I got it stuck in my head (as I'm sure we all do at some point) that in order to jump-start or just get the next few pounds off, I would be able to do it easily by cutting waaaaay back on calories, ya know, just for a few days. Well, those few days turned into a week, that week turned into a few weeks...so now my body has been only getting about 1000-1200 calories a day for WAY longer than I had ever meant to! In the past few days, I have increased my calories way up to about 2000 (unintentionally), but it seems ot be working, as I'm already down another 2 pounds Guess I'll just keep a close eye on my calorie-to-weight loss ratio and see if I'm at a good level for now. Sure feels great to be eating almost double the amount of calories and still losing weight, though! Of course, it could be just a fluke, so I'll be tracking everything for a few weeks to see how it all goes.

Well, time to go grab some breakfast (lunch, maybe, since it's about 11:30am already, and we just got out of bed not long ago ), then watch the movies we rented and my recorded episodes of The OC (we watched my recorded episode of Lost last night), then tomorrow, I get to start packing--I move in exactly 3 weeks!!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:25 AM   #6  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

I just had to post again to say what a little thrill I got out of seeing my little lady bug and bumble bee have moved away from their starting points....even if it was just 0.8. Isn't it funny what little things can make us feel better about a disappointing loss?
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Jilly b & Xena congrats on the losses, Jilly B what is TOPS, is it a USA diet club/support group, or what? Hope the move goes smoothly.

Catherine, how long now before you see your bf(fiance?) You must be worried, going so long without seeing him, I used to see my hubby every day, except for when he went on a couse for 3 days and I missed him like crazy! It must have it's good points though, you are being 'courted', it must be so romantic!

Not exercising today, started feeling sniffy last night, today I'm bunged up, head ache, runny nose, aches & pains everything, will take a walk later on if i feel up to it instead. Xena I know what you mean about the exercise, I hate it and count how many minutes I have left to do BUT I feel so much better getting it out of the way AND my body fells looser and more alive, how about promising yourself a fast food treat every third day (and go for a healthier option) if you exercise. Its no good me preaching though, I do the exercise but having gained & not knowing how I have been pretty bad thurs, fri & sat to be stupid and to punish myself (?), but only at night, I feel pretty bad about it but today is a new day and I WON'T go off plan today. AA do 'one day at a time' I suppose it must work, good luck anyway.

Ammi, will try & catch you later on MSN messenger.

bye for now,
sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:51 AM   #8  

Good Afternoon All,

It's Sunday, and I have made it through another Saturday night without saying 'to heck with it' and having a delicious meal, wine and a whole tub of icecream like I used to do when I wasn't dieting. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal of chicken breast stuffed with mozarella cheese and covered in bacon, with boiled spuds, carrots and fresh green beans. YUM, and all for 7.5 points. Afterwards I had low fat rice pudding, but couldn't have a banana with it because the ones we bought were just too ripe.

I did two things I am proud of yesterday. When we were out, Daren decided he wanted a bite to eat for lunch. Despite the fact it would only be him eating because Caleigh (SD) and I had eaten before we left. So I watched him eat a chip butty (hot chips in a buttered roll) and a battered sausage. Both are my faves. Not only did I say no when he asked if I wanted something to eat, but I also said no to having even just one of his chips.

The other thing I did, was when I went shopping I bought a small box of chocolates for Caleigh. She didn't know at the time they were for her. Beth (D) has gone on hols with the dad to Spain, and I feel a bit bad for Caleigh that she isn't doing anything. So I got her the chocolates. When we got home she gave them to me and I put them on the table in front of me. I had no intention of eating them myself though figured I could probably have one. But I was strong, and I gave them to her. Daren nearly feel through the floor because he thought I was treating myself. Caleigh was shocked too, she didn't know what she had done to deserve them lol. So I am pretty pleased that I was a WW angel yesterday

But enough about me:

Sharon - it's been lovely chatting with you on MSN, I hope to catch you some time today. I don't know what to say about your night time eating over the last couple of days. I think that dreaded scale is still effecting your ability to diet properly. You get to the night when you are more tempted to eat, and you must be thinking, well why diet when it does me no good anyway, and you give in. Can't you give those rotten scales a wide berth, and weigh monthly instead. It might help you get your motivation back.

Catherine - Oh I am such a twit. I never realised that you would be meeting your honey's parents for the first time. Well no wonder you are nervous. I am sure they will love you if for no other reason than you make their son so happy. When I first met Daren's parents I was a nervous wreck, but Daren kept telling me how much they hated his ex wife, even during their marriage, and that as I am a million times better than she is they are bound to love me. I didn't know it at the time, but they aren't a hug and kiss kind of family, and when I met his mum I gave her a hug, and she hugged back. Everybody was so shocked, and when Daren told me how special that was, well all the nerves flew out the window. Anyway have a wonderful visit, not long to go now.

Jill - I do love the sound of eating more and still losing weight. I am sure it's all to do with the metabolism getting a booster when all of a sudden you are giving it more food to work with. It's like when people have their 'fat' days. I reckon they work because of the same principle. Well done on only having the 1 lb gain. That will soon come off.

Xena - what about if you prepared low fat meals, so that all you have to do is pop home and stick them in the oven, or microwave. Or prepare a cold lunch and keep it in the fridge. Then the temptation won't be there for you to go for the fast food option. When I make a WW recipe from scratch, I always eat half and freeze half. There has been many a night when I am starving and Daren is cooking something for him and the kids that I would love. I think of how long it would take to cook a meal for myself and start to think, oh it won't hurt this once to eat what the rest of the family are eating. Then I remember the meal in the freezer and it comes to the rescue. A quick blast in the microwave and I am eating and not fancying the other food And finally, a big for your little ladybug that is moving it's way down the tracker

Well that's it for now, time for lunch. Take care all, and keep happy.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Ammi - Great job staying OP. I have been being a little bad... still under points tho. im sick, so i dont have the energy or desire to care right now. mainly because i just dont feel much like eating. i cant taste anything so whats the point? i really want some fish and chips, but i dont want to leave the house. blah. i hate being sick.
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #10  

Hi Luan - I am sorry to hear you are still feeling pretty sick with that dreaded cold. Poor Sharon (voodoo) has a cold as well, everything happens in 3s, so who else has a cold??

Take care all, and for those weighing tomorrow, GOOD LUCK, and for those that see a gain, don't let it get to you, those scales LIE lol.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-25-2005, 11:46 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone!

Julee – Yeah… don’t want to be a size 6 either. I would just be happy to be healthy. If I’m still a little heavy, so be it. At least I’m not what they call morbidly obese. If I can just get past that… I’ll be happy… ooh and of course the more choices in dresses is good too

Voodoo – Yeah… I keep moving the date, but I really should stop running away from it. Its hard tho

Jillybean – I agree with you… it’s good to see the threads so active again!

We went to the San Diego Zoo on Saturday. It was really nice. I even got a kewl caricature of my bowling league team!! Now I can scan in the picture and color it in and print it out on my iron on transfer paper and try to make team shirts heheheh.

We did A WHOLE BUNCH of walking yesterday at the zoo… Then we came home and sat in the Jacuzzi at our friends apartment. Nice way to end a long day of walking hehehe. My legs are sore today. You know when you get a Charlie horse in your calf.. what that’s what they feel like after you have worked the Charlie horse out. Feels good actually hehehe…

I hope everyone is doing well… I still have those who have been affected by all this horrible weather in my mind and my prayers.

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:34 AM   #12  
banned

Sue Marie - where in So Cal are you?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:51 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi there PrincessPuffyPants...

I'm in San Bernardino. Out near Ontario, Redlands, umm... Riverside... ooh and Ranch Cucamonga.

How about you?

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:12 AM   #14  
banned

im in long beach *waves*
Old 09-26-2005, 07:27 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

voodoo--TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. It's basically a weight loss support group, and we have weekly weigh-ins and meetings. It's far cheaper than WW or anything like that, and they don't make you follow any specific plan. They are non-profit, so they also don't try to sell you any supplements or bars or snacks or anything like that--all they sell is a few books that promote a basic nutritional exchange program based on the food pyramid. Some people in my group do Atkins, some do South Beach, some do WW Points, some count calories--we're all just there to support each other and share information and tips we gather along the way. I think there are chapters in England, too. If not, you only need I think 4 or 5 people to start your own chapter. Check out www.tops.org if you'd like (I think it's okay to post that link since it's non-profit, plus there's a TOPS forum here on the 3FC boards.)

As for me, I have not been sleeping well at ALL lately I hope that once I move (less than 3 weeks now!!), all of my subconscious issues will just fly away. Hopefully, that's all it is that my dreaming mind is worried about and there aren't other underlying issues that I don't even know about yet. I have been having very vivid and strange dreams (no more really bad ones like the rape on last week, just really weird ones). I make sure I don't eat anything too close to bed time, and I also make sure not to drink anything with sugar or caffeine late at night, so I really hope they're just stress-related. Last night I didn't dream anything memorable, but I was awake probably 5 times throughout the night (and I was only in bed for about 6 hours!). *sigh* it can only get better from here, right?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote