Old 08-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #1  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #748

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #2  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies. It's been a long week. My fiance left for his parents' house yesterday, and will be gone two weeks. I'm trying to rearrange, clean, and sort through all my crap that can go away while he's gone. He's moving in here when he gets back, and I want things to go smoothly so it's better for me to do it now rather than try to fit it all in when he gets back.

I haven't lost anything. I've barely been maintaining. Today, the scale said I'm at 334, which is still a pound higher than the last time I posted. However, three days ago, the scale said 340 so I'm not entirely sure what's going on. It has to be water weight, but I'm not sure how or why - I'm getting enough but not too much, still eating the same portions/calories, and still exercising regularly. *sigh*

The good thing is that Mr. will be joining me at the gym. He wants to lose weight too, so maybe I can convince him to cut out all the junk and general empty-calorie foods that he insists on invading my house with :P I don't mind having it here, because my willpower is so much better than it used to be, but it's money that's wasted because he doesn't eat all of it, so we end up throwing it out because I won't touch it.

Hopefully you ladies are having a great week! Congrats for the losses, welcome to the newcomers, and remember.. each step you take is another step towards your future.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #3  

Brandnewme: the scale has been going up and down for me too. I think its time for me to just put it away for awhile. Good luck cleaning up.

I have to say that exercising is really making me feel better overall. I am kind of sore but it's still alot better then the way I had been feeling about two weeks ago. Tomorrow I am going to go to the doctor and ask him what I can do about my one knee because I feel some degree of pain doing certain exercises. Oh well that's it for me tonight, time to get ready for bed.
KittieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:45 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I am trying not to head to the scales, I really want to hold off getting weighed until 2 weeks have passed! I am working hard at the gym, I am trying not to eat crap, in fact no chocolate for over a week which is a great thing for me!

I cannot wait to get under the 330 mark! I will be so happy!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:37 AM   #5  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies, i have been having computer difficulties, so i havent posted in a few days, but im still here Hope everyone is doing well, im still hanging in there
Esmaruade: while catching up on the posts, i noticed your comments about the size of things, dont be discouraged! Were the clothes you were trying on junior plus sizes? This makes a huge difference! I think a junior 3x is equivelant to a 1x in womens. Anyway i totally agree that sizes are cut different today than a few years ago.
Have a great day and hopefully my computer will cooperate with me this week
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:35 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, I think I missed the entire last thread--I am so behind! I'll have to go read to catch up with everyone, but for now, HI!!

I have been pretty busy this week (and it's only Wednesday--ugh!). I got SLAMMED at job #2 on Monday night--in my first hour, I was on alone (I'm a waitress at Ruby Tuesday for those of you who don't know). Now, it is normal for me to be on alone for that hour or so since I come on at 4 and most others come on at 5:15. Normally, I'll have like 5 or 6 tables in that time, but on Monday, I had 11 And not spread out--that would be too easy--11 all at one time. For anyone who's ever served before, I can safely say that a normal amount of tables in a chain restaurant like this is only about 4-5 (6 if you're really on your game), so with 11, I was going insane! and then they moved me to a different section so I was a later cut, and I didn't get home till after 11. I tell ya, when that alarm went off at 4:30 yesterday morning, it was not pretty...

Yesterday, I had a dentist appointment to drill out a broken filling and replace it. Of course, it had to be betwen two molars, so they had to use this metal clam/crank device to separate the teeth for drilling, and since it was the 2 molars in the back, they treated my mouth as if it were rubber, bending and stretching and pulling...the left side of my face is pretty sore today. Also, no gym after work today since I have to work late in order to make up for taking an hour off on Friday to take the new hire out to lunch (I don't normally take time off for lunch), then straight to job #2 again at 4 today. I am praying I'm not as busy--yes, the $$ is nice, but it costs me extra in lack of sleep and burning feet
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 AM   #7  
Leanne

Default 2x2 challenge thread

(Apologies for cross-posting this, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew about it!)

Some time ago, the "300+ and Ready To Try Again" gals used to regularly participate in a "2x2 challenge". Terri (Determined to succeed) did a great job of starting the challenges and keeping track, but got busy over summer.
I found these challenges really useful and motivating, and would like to see them happening again so I am starting a new thread for a fortnightly 2x2 challenge - everyone welcome!
If you would like to participate. just head over there and add your name to the list

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:52 AM   #8  
Ima bundle *' emotion

anyways just thought i'd post this quote b.c i thought it was interesting:

"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are." --Adelle David

Bye.
~Rosie~

Last edited by Extrinsic Rapture; 08-10-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:09 PM   #9  
Inch by Inch, Its a Cinch

Good Wednesday afternoon everyone!

Not much new to report. Still eating well and suffering in the humidity!

Trying to decide what exercise to add in when I am able in a couple of weeks (currently nursing a very hurt shoulder).

My options are:

1. Water aerobics from 8-9 at night (love the activity-not crazy about the time cuz I usually go to bed at 9)
2. Re-joining Curves (looking like the best starting option; I know it works).
3. Joining a gym that has a small lap pool and some water classes (the most costly of the bunch).

Otherwise, life is pretty much the same right now. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Onward and downward!
netekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi Ladies…

Brandnewme – I get the same thing with the scale. It might be water. Its been hot here and drinking a lot of water, so might be retaining it. Even tho been sweating like a mad man, who knows?

Jilly – I feel ya! I’ve been so out of it as well… so much stuff going on! OUCH! My teeth hurt just reading your post! Hehehe

Hippygoddess – I wondered what happened to the challenges… I’m looking forward to it!

Okie Folks… I’m hoping to hit the gym tommorrow. I’m going out to lunch with a friend as well, so I’m going to need that gym time!

I’ve got a busy schedule ahead and I only got 2 more weeks left in my summer break and no ME time yet WAHHH! I have a birthday coming up on the 20th for a friend, I’ll be going to vegas the following weekend (8-26 to 28), I start work on 8-30 (yay for another year with 8th graders!!! ) then I have the Angels game on the 3rd of September which I will be bringing the kid with me cause she wanted to go for her birthday. I have a State exam on the following weekend (9-10) and then I have a Laughlin trip with some friends for Party Gras (9-16 to 18) then I start fall classes sometime around September 20th-23rd. OOOH! I have to go to the VA’s place to my paper work in order for school as well. Oh man… I almost forgot about that I gotta go find my tax papers!!

Okie ladies, I gotta run everytime I close my eyes something else pops up!

Catch you all later!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #11  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow...everyone sounds so busy! I haven't posted much lately but I have been lurking. I'm down another 2.8...for a grand total of 61.9 lbs. I feel fantastic and am so happy!!

Nothing much else to report...went back to work and have been very focused on that.

Talk soon...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:50 PM   #12  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Ladies,

Glad to find this group. DCM
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:18 AM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

I was a little naughty last night, when out shopping I bought some pop tarts for my new toaster... I was only having two and ended up eating 6 in an hour..... shared with the dog of course! How bad of me but I think to myself it's the first bit of bad food I have eaten in over 2 weeks so it's an improvement on eating rubbish every day!

and I made up for it at the gym this morning doing 20 laps of the pool BEFORE work.... I'll be asleep by dinner! lol
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #14  
Oooo Silly Me!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

I wanna share a recipe … hehehe it’s for a smoothie.

Peachy Keen Smoothie

1.5 cups of Fresh Peaches chilled 111 calories (white/yellow – I used yellow)
½ cup Fresh Red Raspberries chilled 30 calories
½ can All Natural Peach Nectar 104 calories (I used Kerns)
8 oz Yoplait 99% FF Peach Yogurt 226 calories

Blend Nectar and Yogurt. Add Fruit and blend til smooth.

Makes approx. seven 4oz servings at 70 calories per serving.

I think I have the calorie count on that set up correctly. I like to chill the fruit to somewhat frozen and then blend in ice cubes to make it more like a daiquiri type drink hehehe. I tried it with out the ice and it’s a bit much for me. The ice helps thin the strong fruit taste.

It’s been an interesting day today. I had lunch with a good friend. We went to a Mexican buffet place… ICK! I was good tho! I had lots of fruits and then had one cheese enchilada, a small scoop of rice and some of the shredded beed/pork meat. I’m hoping to get to the gym tonight. We’ll see what happens when James gets home. He said he wanted to go with me so I’ll wait.

In the mean time I’m thinking about formatting the kids computer and seeing if it can handle XP hehehe…

I’ll be back later

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:57 PM   #15  

Mazarin: I slipped a bit too (guacamole and chips).

Sue: That recipe sounds really good. I just have to try that this weekend when I am having company.

I think I am starting to get a cold. It took all my strength this morning to exercise. I really don't want to get sick since I am supposed to be having family over this weekend. Plus I am not the nicest person when I get sick. I have depression and it gets worse when I am sick and I tend to take it out on those around me. Thankfully my husband can brush it off because he knows me so well. Off to take some vitamin c and eat some yogart.
KittieCat is offline   Reply With Quote