Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #16  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone!

Biggirl – I hope that glass did fall out! Believe me…. Hehehhe, the one thing I did notice is, that slice that was on my foot where the glass did enter, it never closed up… but I don’t know if that’s common or not… just keep an eye on it.

Starting Over – I LOVE THAT FROGGIE icon!!! I’m a huge cow and frog fan heheheh. Thank you for the encouragement… I am a bit disappointed with myself, but I do realize the circumstances. I do know I could have been much more careful. I’m glad it wasn’t bursitis either!

Julee - I’m looking forward to our Playdate as well! Just remember… leave the credit cards at home

Mom2fivesweeties – Those bikes are a battle aren’t they! I tried the stationary bike at the gym. These are the ones that look like a real bike. It was hard and yeah my belly got in the way too… so I tried those sitting down bikes. It was much easier to maneuver but every so often I step over to get off the bike, my foot gets caught on the bar and I trip. OH man I know how you feel but it’s okie! Get right back on it and show them who’s boss! Good for you!

I am pondering going to the gym today. I have to call my mom to see where they are at since I was suppose to go over there tonight. My family is finally all out here… they rented a 15 passenger van to carry them all around in but it wasn’t big enough! They are in Vegas right now. They are suppose to be back tonight, so I gotta find out if they will be home tonight because that will change things if I want to go to the gym. I get out at 6 from class, and figured would go to the gym around 7:30. But if my family is back before then, I will just go out to see them instead. Brit wants to see her cousins, and has been anxiously waiting for that. She was upset Wednesday because I was going to take her over, but my family decided to go to Vegas :-P So she was a little down to hear that she wasn’t going over.

We’ll see what happens.
Take care everyone

Sue…
Old 07-07-2005, 03:05 PM   #17  

Smile

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Just got to work, after taking the morning off. I'm sorry to say I never watch the news and you ladies were the first I heard of the horrible events in London. BigGirl, I'm so glad you and your family are unharmed. We all know how awful these senseless acts are and how they affect everyone that endures them. I will never begin to understand the minds of people who do such awful things in the "name of God".

On a more pleasant subject, I was even later getting to work than usual today because I was unable to find anything that fit. Yep, that's a good thing! I finally found an old bra that fits my "new" shape. I kept "falling out" of the old one, not over the tops , under the bottom , which was too loose! I dug some old outfits from a box in the bottom of my closet and they fit! Slowly but surely, I'm getting there it seems. I was however, a little distressed when I realized that I'd waited too long to wear a sexy, and incredibly expensive, bra and panty set I'd saved from long ago...The bra is now too big!

Warning: This could fall under the heading of "Too Much Information." Does anyone know how normal it is for anyone who has lost a significant amount (like my 50) for Aunt Flo to just go crazy? At first it was all the time, every couple of weeks, until I was ready to see a Dr. for it. Then it went back to normal, 24 days like usual (I normally have a short cycle) Now it's been 30 days! I was beginning to be quite worried I was pregnant, but that was a false alarm. I suppose I could just be getting of the age to have my TOM's start messing up, but it's getting to me quick! Could it be diet related? Think I should break down and see a doctor? I Hate going to the Dr. for stuff like that.

To those who have had a gain- I know you'll get back on track! This is the place to do it after all. To our losers

Have a healthy, happy OP day everyone!

Last edited by Lilion; 07-07-2005 at 03:38 PM. Reason: False Alarm
Old 07-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #18  
Oooo Silly Me!

Lilion - My Aunt Flo and Uncle TOM visits have been very spaced out. When I lost my first 30lbs, I started to become regular again... well not exactly regular, I was having htem more often than I used to. I know with being over weight your body stores estrogen in your fat cells, which in turns makes ya gain weight as well. Maybe now that you are loosing fat you are looseing that estrogen that was stored and your body is shedding it? I would definatly talk with a doctor tho. Let us know what they say, I am sure there are a lot of us who are wondering the same.

Sue...
Old 07-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

My prayers are with all of the people of London and I am so thankful that our London friends here are well.

Thank you so much for all of the well wishers for my Dad. He came through surgery like a champ. His break was much worse than they originally thought but they think they got it all back together with a big metal plate. He was waiting for a cast to get on his foot then he can go home today. He asked me when I come over there (33 miles away) could I please bring him KFC. How could I resist to do that for him. So, luckily for me I am not a KFC fan. It is ok but that is about as much as I would praise them. Too greasy for me.

Brandnewme: I just wanted to say hello and try to not over do things for your sister's wedding. I hope you enjoy yourself there.

SueMarie: Wow, glass in your foot. I'm glad that they found the problem. Have fun with your family.

Biggirl: Yea on you getting back to your exercise.

Jilliebean: Congrats on -7.5 you go girl.

Janne: way to go on staying op.

Startingover: Hey, show me where I can buy a money tree to plant.

Catherine: I am so glad that they gave you your Koolaid. Sometimes we have to cry. Just try to go with it. Next time you visit there they may be out of something that makes you giggle. I hope your head is getting much better!

Juleecee: plus .5 when you are on TOM is something to be proud of in my book. I always gain so much water weight. That is wonderful girl.

Doxiemom: Glad to see you posting again. I know you have been busy. I miss it when you don't post. Have a fun time on the rest of your vacation.

Lilion: Hi, I am so happy for you getting into the box at the bottom of the closet. I bet your hubby would be more than happy to buy you another new sexy set of panties and bras if you told him the circumstances. About your TMI conversation. I have had lots of troubles with starting and stopping my TOM when it concerns my weight. If you are worried go to the DR. If not, things may straighten up again. P.S. remember some preg. tests can register false negs. so if it doesn't clear up maybe check it again in another week or so.

Blessings to everyone and please stay safe.
Dogpal

Last edited by dogpal; 07-08-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #20  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone. just wanted to say a quick hi to all. Blessings being sent to our friends in London.
Lillion: in reference to your period question, the weight loss defenitely has something to do with your irregular periods. Mine does the same thing. Initially when i lose, i may go months without one, then they start coming very frequently. If this continues, your doctor can give you something to regulate them. (not BCP). Also, i dont know how old you are, but as a general rule, womens menstrual cycles change as they get into their 30's.
Jillybean and all the other "losers", Congratulations your doing great!!
Had a busy day at work, so i need to go. Food and excersise is good. For anyone doing videos for excersise, check out "Dance your Pants off" by richard simmons. It is great, and has music from the 80's.
Everyone have a good night
Old 07-07-2005, 07:05 PM   #21  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Lilion..I am in the same boat. I am going to discuss it with my Dr. when I see her in a few weeks...but as I kept having significant and consistent losses, my TOM which is regulated by chemistry (and has been sicne I was 18) all of a sudden started a full week early and stayed until it was supposed to end. My flow has also been heavie than normal as well. It did this for 2 months, so I figured I was re-regulating...then it went back to normal...then another long one, and this month is normal...albeit a little painful.

As Patsy Cline put it..."sometime's it's hard to be a woman..."

I'll let you know if my Dr. says anything. I am also wondering if it has anything to do with my BP going down. A few times sicne I have started losing weight, I have found myself feeling a little light headed and like something just wasn't right with my heart...it was just a weird overall feeling. I wonder if my BP was too low at those times because of it going down on its own and the meds I am on. I really want to get off of the BP meds. My Dr. wanted to yank me off of the BCPs I take, but I refused...without chemical regulation, my TOM is totally unbearable. Hopefully this will all fix itself soon.

Sue...why go to the Outlets if I can't spend a little $$? Please....just a little?

Adios to all...
Old 07-07-2005, 08:17 PM   #22  

Default Hello again

Hi, everybody!

I heard from my new doctor's office about all of the bloodwork I had done on Saturday. The office left a message on my answering machine Tuesday saying (exact quote) "the doctor said everything is A-OK!"

OK...well...maybe not. I have been severely anemic for 20 years and glucose intolerant going on six or seven years, but that's all suddenly "A-OK"? (Gone?)

OK...so the more I think about it, the more I am worried that I might have gotten a bad doctor and bad doctor's office. So I called yesterday and asked them to send me a copy of my test results. They said they would and that was fine.

I want to look them over for myself to see if they are "A-OK."

This doctor wanted to put me on Metformin for six months (to fix my glucose problems) even though it gives me nonstop diahrrea, etc. So now I'm getting worried. If I'm "A-OK," then I shouldn't need the Metformin, right?

OK...so I come home today and there's another message on my answering machine from them saying "Call us right away!" (I got the message after their office was closed so I couldn't call them back. They have my work number and could've reached me anytime today, but didn't try.)

OK...so what the heck does all that mean?

What kind of vibes do you guys get from this story? (Just looking for some feedback.) Am I right to be concerned?

BigGirl ~ I'm glad you're OK.

Catherine ~ I'm sorry you bruised your banana. Be careful and take it easy until you are feeling better!!!

To everyone who had a birthday and I missed it ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

To everyone who lost weight, especially Lilion, who is at a number I haven't seen in years (277) ~ YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tashabella; 07-07-2005 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Perfectionism
Old 07-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashabella
Hi, everybody!

I heard from my new doctor's office about all of the bloodwork I had done on Saturday. The office left a message on my answering machine Tuesday saying (exact quote) "the doctor said everything is A-OK!"

OK...so the more I think about it, the more I am worried that I might have gotten a bad doctor and bad doctor's office. So I called yesterday and asked them to send me a copy of my test results. They said they would and that was fine.

I want to look them over for myself to see if they are "A-OK."

OK...so I come home today and there's another message on my answering machine from them saying "Call us right away!" (I got the message after their office was closed so I couldn't call them back. They have my work number and could've reached me anytime today, but didn't try.)

OK...so what the heck does all that mean?

What kind of vibes do you guys get from this story? (Just looking for some feedback.) Am I right to be concerned?
Tashabela, you have every right to be concerned. If the test results were skewed they owe you a thorough retest at their expense and they should give you an explanation as to what happened. If the test was read correctly and the person in the office called you w/someone elses results you should advise the office manager AND Dr., that that person is never to relay anything to you by phone or in person. Also, no matter what, you need to advise the Dr., and the office manager, that you will allow them only this one error. If there's another you will be taking your health and your concern that you live a long, illness free, life to a much more caring, competent practice.

If you stand up to them it may help the next patient down the line.

Your heath is the most important thing. If you feel that these folks are not the best for you .... go elsewhere.

I'm off my soapbox now. It's just that I've seen this happen many times to the detriment of several friends and family members.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:46 AM   #24  
I ate it

Tasha...all you can do is call them. It is very possible that they confused your results with someone else's...or there was an error. Just keep asking the questions you need to ask until you are satisfied with the answer...in terms of why there were two calls. If it means they need to do a 2nd draw and redo all your bloodwork...then so be it...better to know what's what and not have any doubt. I found out tonight that someone I know was told by the student health center at college that she had hepatitis b...and she thought she did for a while..then they finally told her..oh we were wrong...you only have mono, but you have some hep b antibodies. There is a world of difference between hep b and mono and there is a world of difference btwn "a-ok" and years of anemia.

Stand your ground, get a 2nd opinion and be proactive.

Good luck...
Old 07-08-2005, 05:01 AM   #25  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Question Unsatisfied to the umpteenth degree...

Anyone have any ideas on how to bring more excitement in your life? I mean that's why I'm so irked about this school thing. I have so much difficulty with classes b/c of depression that all the life is sucked out of me and I dont have the energy to pursue anything. But what am I supposed to do till I graduate seemingly by the end of the year? Die a slow death? (sorry for the bad reference...but its what it feels like). I feel utterly restless every single day. Maybe I should move to another country! ha! wish problems were solved so easily.

~Rosie~

Last edited by Extrinsic Rapture; 07-08-2005 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #26  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Woohoo! I came in second in my TOPS contest (4th of July weekend contest...we got points for weight loss, inspiration, exercise, and journaling), so I won a t-shirt I posted a weight loss of 8 pounds for the week But I know a lot of that was the water I had been retaining.

Rosie--unfortunately, college is rough. I am 22 and graduated about a year and a half ago (finished a semester early), and I had tons of fun while I was there, but I also gained tons of weight in doing so! I was basically a binge-drinking partier, so I had more than my fair share of good times, but I hit the 300+ mark shortly after graduation. If I knew the secrets to having fun AND losing weight, I would have used them myself! It really sucks that so many social activities involve food and drink, which really makes it difficult. I'm not at all trying to get you down, but I want you to know that I totally know where you're coming from. Do you have a good friend you could nab to watch movies with? Is there some sort of hobby you have been wanting to try but never got started? I spent HOURS watching movies with friends. Instead of ordering pizza, just pop some low-fat popcorn to snack on throughout the flicks. I also spent hours online in chat rooms--I guess you could say that was my hobby. I didn't really like my classes, so I didn't do much homework or studying, which is why I still had time to go to classes, work nearly full-time (2 part-time jobs), watch movies, chat online, and still go out to bars. Drop me a PM sometime and let meknow what kind of stuff you're into...I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you can do to pass the time other than eating. Do you belong to any groups on campus? I met a lot of people and had some great times when I joined my Campus Activities Board and later on Habitat for Humanity. Currently, I spend over an hour each day just checking out stuff here on 3FC--there's so much, and new stuff every day! Do you have a job? I liked jobs where I worked with lots of other young people (the movie theater was the best--we got to see movies for free!). Okay, now I'm just babbling, so I'll shut up now

Jeez Louise, where is everybody today--is it some holiday that no one told me about?
Old 07-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #27  

Smile

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well, it's a slow day on the board, and I don't have much to say, but wanted to drop by. Went to the Dr. today and had my BP checked. It was 106/60, which to most folks is normal but was so low to me! Last week it was 110/78. They told me to come in once a week and have it checked so they can see if it's dropping too low and adjust my three BP meds if they need to. Maybe that'll get me back to feeling awake and alive. I'm just so darn tired!

The worry about being pregnant was unnecessary. Aunt Flo has arrived with a vengance to make up for being a week late I guess. My weight was up 2 lbs at the Dr., but I'm not going to count it, since Monday should be the "official" WI day. I'm not sure how it became Monday...it was Thursday, then Friday. Maybe I've just moved it to suit me? I don't really care. I may wait till next Friday when Aunt Flo has gone.

Rosie: I'm so sorry you are so depressed. I wish I had something enlightening to say to you. Everyone gets down sometimes and tired of their lives. My favorite fantasy used to be to just get my paycheck, not pay any of my bills, sell everything but my car and my clothes and get in said car and just drive until I was out of money. Then whereever I was, I'd just find a job and settle down. New life. New identity. It was such a nice fantasy. But I certianly don't advocate you run away from home! Perhaps something a bit less extreme, like a long weekend? Before I had my son, I used to actually keep a bag packed all the time, so if I wanted to leave town on short (or no) notice, I could. I'd just pick someplace I'd never been before and go...sometimes with a friend, or my boyfriend, sometimes alone...and I'd explore someplace new. Or a friend and I would just pick up and go to the nearest big city for the weekend, find a cheap hotel, have a nice dinner, do some window shopping. It wasn't that expensive. Heck, I once drove five hours to see a "haunted" graveyard I read about in a travel book. It was fun and my friend and I got some cool photos and fun memories. I hope you feel better and find something you like to perk up your life.

Well ladies, I think that's all for me today. I'll stop by later too. Onward and Downward!
Old 07-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #28  
Oooo Silly Me!

Rosie – I too am in college…. I have a hard time with my Calculus right now. I sit in class and when the teacher does his lecture and I’m like how the heck did he get that?? At times I feel so frustrated I want to just start bawling my eyes out, or just get up and walk out. But I know that if I’m ever going to finish this and get the heck out of school… I gotta pull through and deal with it. It’s hard believe me. There are times where I come home some frustrated that I take things out on anyone who looks at me funny… Yikes that sounds really bad…. I’m working on things tho…. Taking deep breathes. It’s hard, and I and sure the stress from all of it is what helped put quite a few pounds on me as well. You are not alone!

Jilly – Congrats on coming in 2nd in your TOPS contest

Tashabella – have you heard anything from your doctors??

As for plans for this weekend… I will be attending my sisters engagement party on Saturday Morning. Then I have a friends graduation party to attend that Saturday Night. Then Sunday…. I will be working on a physics experiment. Doing research and getting ideas on what I want to do. Somewhere between all that I have to really catch up on my calculus and then study for an exam I have on Tuesday. OY! Never enough time in the day to get everything done…for sure.

The hard part is I have family here from Ohio that I haven’t seen in two years and I really want to spend time with them but I wanted to graduate on time so I took summer school and so it was catch 22. Can’t wait for August 1st. I’ll take my finals, and then go take a mini “me” vacation and just pamper myself. At least I hope. We still gotta do the backyard which that will take a while.

Oh which reminds me… they are going to start excavating the side yard for my driveway on the 16th. Looking forward to that… cause I wont be doing the digging this time

I mentioned yesterday that I was hoping to go to the gym. However, I forgot we had a make up game we had to do for my bowling league. We have two weeks to make up and Today (Friday) would be our last day to do it or we forfeit. Since we have actual league tonight, we decided to do it yesterday. So I tried it out to see how my foot would react and everything went well… I just didn’t push off as hard with my foot like I usually do. But I bowled well and the foot didn’t bother me too much. Today I am icing it up and taking my ibuprofen that was prescribed for me and then I hope I’ll be okie for league tonight.

I need a few more hours in my day. Can I borrow a few from someone?

Take care everyone…
Sue...
Old 07-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #29  
I ate it

Rosie...My first semester of college I tricked myself into thinking that I needed to focus just on school and that working (which I had done since I was 15) or doing too many activities was going to be a distraction. I had so much free time on my hands and I basically filled it with drinking, partying and food. I started finding more productive uses for my time...and it's not that I cut back on some of the other stuff but I had less free time and was more productive...so I actually had to follow a schedule and pay attention to what I was doing. I'm yet to find a college campus where there isn't at least one activity to suit every student. I personally was reslly involved with my Dorm government, Residence Life Asociation, Student Government, and also did a lot of volunteering through my major.

What do you enjoy? Don't get involved with a group because you feel you need to do something...but find something that fits your interests and will make you enjoy that time in your week. Go to the Student Center or something like that and see what typs of clubs there are or see what sorts of free classes are being offered...any interest meetings coming up.

I know that the whole sorority thing must have been a downer. I went through it a few times myself..not with a college sorority, but with a few other things where I gave it my all, made a great impression, and walked away empty handed...College Ambassadors, Orientation Team, runing for Student Senate, Honor Society, etc. So start anew...surely in NY there is something fantastic to do or see.

The only way to put excitement into your life is to make an effort...there isn't another way unless you get kidnapped by pirates...and there seems to be a shortage of pirates these days (plus pirate ships don't have internet access).

Keep on plugging...
Old 07-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #30  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone. Newbie here. Mind if I join you? I am a bit of a lurker here and at DWLZ. Seems as though I am constantly battling my weight and for years I have always been in the process of either gaining or losing, never maintaining. After having lost about 35 pounds to fit into a bridesmaid dress last April, I not only have gained back the 35, but an additional 65 on top of that. Yep, I am 100 pounds more than I was a little over a year ago. This is my highest recorded weight. Based on pictures, I am pretty sure I was heavier when I graduated high school but I refused to weigh myself then so I don't really know.

I spent my whole life growing up chubby all the way up to morbidly obese in high school. I lost some in college due to all the walking to class. After college my yo-yoing really started. I have done it all...NutriSystem, JennyCraig, WW, low carb, low fat. My lowest weight was 160 and I looked pretty good then, wearing 10's and 12's (I am 5'11"). Right now I am setting my goal at 165 since I am now 10 years older than I was at 160. But I will just play that by ear as I get closer.

I really wanted to join this group because now that I am up to 295, the task seems so incredibly DAUNTING. No one I know has that much to lose. I feel discouraged often and lately have not been able to stick to a plan (doing WW on my own) for more than a day. I look forward to getting to know you all better and having people to talk with who are on the same long journey that I am on.

Thanks for being here. Gonna go post a bio now and check out the others that are there.
Closed Thread