Old 07-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#736

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #2  
Hangin' out in the Kudzu

Default Hello Hello

Hi everyone!

Once more a day that I didn't get to get online and once more an evening that I don't have a great deal of time. :-(

BUT - Hello to all the new chicks and WELCOME.

Hello to all the not so new chicks and I will talk to you PERSONALLY next week when I have a spare 20 seconds or so...lol.

No new clothes for "the date" were found tonight. :-( And my sister berated me terribly for the disparaging things I said about myself so I had to REPENT! And I also had to decide that if this guy does not like me for who I am then he can kiss my patoot. :-)

The details will follow....PROMISE!!!!

Blessings to all.
BamaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:32 AM   #3  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Bama..I wish I still lived there if and only if to have given you access to my closet...I've been parting ways with so much of my old wardrobe and I'm all about "cute-ing" up a gal pal for a hot date! When I had my first date with Jason (BF of over 2 years) I went a little nutty...lit candles in the apartment and everything..but whatever I did I guess it worked. The right man will like you for you..regardless of hair, makeup, outfit, weight, etc....because he will care about the real you.

Hope it went well...looking forward to details!

I'm battling temporary insomnia at the moment..hence my being on at 12:30 am my time. Oysh.

Please let sleep come soon....
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #4  

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome..
Tashabella, I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how much it hurts to lose a dear friend and how scarey it is to know it could be you. My family history is much the same and it scares me to death. keeping good thoughts for you and sending lots of hugs.
Catherine, I know how hard it is to be good on a budget, eating right is not cheap.I wish I had a budget lol but since my spouse is still looking for work after a longggggggg
time we live on my check and thats not much. basicaly all I can do is try to eat smaller portions and no snacks! fingers crossed here and from the way you sound you'll do great! hugs
YAYYYYYYY Julee!! youre doing super!!
Sue, keeping good thoughts for you..... sorry youre having foot problems and hopefully the Dr will have a miracle in hus pocket for you. your kid sounds like a sweetie! i can just see her trying to weigh everything..... thanks for the chuckle .
and a belated Happy Birthday!
Lillion, Congrats on the 5lb loss!! wtg! how did you get a tick bite? are you out tromping in the weeds? does it itch? i'm itching right now thinking about it lol
AngieB, So close to your short term goal!! crossing my fingers for you!
Doxiemom, Congrats on the smaller pants! that must feel so good! enjoy your week off and have some fun strutting around in those pants!
Mom2five, I see youre a newbie like me... isn't it great to have somewhere to come where everyone knows what youre going through and is so supportive? I love it and just wish I had utilized it when I first found it. good luck on our journey.

I have a question that I'm hoping someone will have a solution for.
being summer and its so hot and muggy how do you deal with the excess mositure that builds up in areas that get no air. (trying to be delicate here lol....... like under your apron or in other folds.) it itches and gets irratated. and frankly it can have an odor. yuckkkkkk I've tried powder but that cakes up, spray deoderant helps for odor but doesn't stop the problem of itchy. does any one have any ideas? thanks in advance.
hugs and love
Bobbie
tansea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:27 AM   #5  

Bama,
looking forward to hear about your big date!! I'm excited by proxy for you!
relax sweetie and have a wonderful time!
hugs and love
Bobbie
tansea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Wtf??

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around lately. I've been in some intense training at work for a new software we're going to be implementing soon. I was stuffing so much into my brain I didn't have enough energy left for anything else.

So, I had a freaky experience this week. ALL week my weight had been stuck. I wasn't going down despite the fact that I'd been OP and working out. It was really bothering me. I was thinking that I couldn't POSSIBLY be hitting a plateau ALREADY. I did everything I could think of, increasing my water, lowering my intake of food, and yet I just wasn't losing. It was REALLY frustrating, especially since I KNEW I couldn't POSSIBLY be eating the 2800 calories a day it would take to maintain my weight.

Well, yesterday I was feeling really bad. TOM came and visited me AGAIN even though his last visit was only 10 days ago. I had the full bout of symptoms too. Nausea, achyness, grouchyness, cramps. I also had REALLY bad cravings. BODY cravings, not mind cravings. Mind cravings are easy to get rid of....simply changing the mental subject pushes them away. BODY cravings are different. It's like, it's all you can think of. I really NEEDED cheese and lots of it! So I went and had mexican and literally ate till I wanted to throw up. Yet I STILL felt like I couldn't get enough. It was insane. I've never really been a binge-er. I almost NEVER ate like that, even when I wasn't dieting, and THEN I NEVER wanted to try and cram in more food despite the fact that my stomach was screaming at me that it couldn't take any more. I mean food is and always has been about pleasure, and there's not much pleasure in stuffing yourself painfully full.

Well, the cravings were still there at dinner so I had my fiancee bring home a cheese pizza and I ate a ton of that. In butter sauce! And I drank lots of soda!

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS FREAKY!!

So I got on the scale this morning dreading what I was going to see. You're not going to believe this. I was DOWN! A whole POUND!

So, I'm seriously weirded out by this. I am ALWAYS *up* at least 2lbs after I've been eating Off Plan due to water weight gain. It sometimes take as much as 3 days to get rid of the excess after a day like yesterday. So what the heck happened? Is this some sort of message telling me I wasn't getting enough fat/calories/dairy???
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!

I hope everybody is keeping cool this July 4th weekend! I can't believe the summer is half over already - that's a good thing here as my kids have started to get bored and are ready for school already. They are 9, 9, 8 and 7 and they just make each other nuts with too close proximity! LOL!

I drank a few Zimas last night and boy am I paying for it - ugh - I felt so good all week eating and drinking healthy and one night of Zimas and burgers and I feel horrible - back to healthy eating today!

In answer to Bobbie's question about the fat folds - I shower twice daily and dry thoroughly and then use the Gold Bond powder - it's really great. You can buy Wal-Mart Brand or Target Brand - it's the same thing - but I use it in all my fat folds, under the arms, etc. and it really really helps in this heat -

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes!!

Lori in Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by tansea

I have a question that I'm hoping someone will have a solution for.
being summer and its so hot and muggy how do you deal with the excess mositure that builds up in areas that get no air. (trying to be delicate here lol....... like under your apron or in other folds.) it itches and gets irratated. and frankly it can have an odor. yuckkkkkk I've tried powder but that cakes up, spray deoderant helps for odor but doesn't stop the problem of itchy. does any one have any ideas? thanks in advance.
hugs and love
Bobbie
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #8  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies and welcome to all the new posters I am still here, although i havent posted much this week. My work schedule is killing me. anyway, its been a good week food and excersise wise. I wish i was off to enjoy this beautiful hot summer weather!
Hope everyone is well and has a great 4th of July. I will be working through July 5th, so my posting may be limited until after then.
Take care
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:08 PM   #9  
Determined to Lose!!!

Talking

Hello Women!

4th of July... what a distant memory!!! Lilion, I miss American holidays in a way, but for some reason the 'Bank Holidays' here sometimes seem to coincide. These are basically days where traditionally the Bank is closed, so no one has to work. For example, I had memorial day off.. yay! So in my mind it was still memorial day. NOW... I've got to work on Monday and Independence Day is a biggie so that will SUCK. Also, today is me and Eric's first anniversary - it's been a fun day! - and I am mad that we have to work Monday b/c last year it was a party week... we got married on a Friday, went to a 4 July party/bar-b-q/wedding reception thingy on the Sunday (I think anyway), and chilled out for the week on vaca in NYC. Now, we're making the best of the weekend and probably going to be packing up our stuffed flat soon...

(& Lilion - I believe it was you who asked - Eric is half British, half Maltese; born in Malta, raised in the UK. His dad was British, met his mom in the War. MIL's story sounds like a movie!)

Everyone, thanks for your advice on that dodgy/sketchy house... I've since done some research and come to my senses. After meeting up with them in their very nice (good address), clean, modern, pick-up-and go looking office, I did some research. I had asked a lot of key questions. I asked for biz cards - there was a story there & they even had 'samples' of the 'new stationary' coming in. I asked how they were listed in the phone book and got another story, etc. So, our doubt, coupled with your advice and the research has steered us away from that place and toward the larger, more legitimate and listed real estate agents. We found another suitable house today - it looks good on the outside and sounds good on the inside, but the estate agents never got back to us re: a viewing today. So, hopefully, it's still on the market Monday

Bobbie, I also shower twice a day in hot sticky weather. I also where pantie liners and 'refresh' with wet wipes. Try and get the ones with a keep dry formula. Can't remember where I used to get them at home, but I know I went to Wal-Mart for most things Powder is also good. It does clump when you just pour it in, but I used to pat it into 'those spaces' making sure I got the creases. What you're describing was only a huge issue for me during intense heat wave type weather - that's a rarity over here, usually only happens to us when we decide O lets go and have fun in London. I swear that place has a contract from **** to burn me to a crisp! Cant remember the last time I went where temperature records weren't broken!

Solus, if your body needs 2800 cals are you taking in 2300? I think you're supposed to eat 500 less than you need + exercise to lose weight. I think the crazy cravings were telling you that you needed more of certain foods. When I FIRST started the GI diet and was crazy strict w/ myself I just couldn't get enough sugar and I turned into a real WITCH and went wayyyy Off Plan. When I started following it loosely and being reasonable, the weight came off. For example I have jam in my porridge EVERYDAY. It's recommended to have jam in the porridge, on occassion, for variety. But, I have to have it everyday Also, I eat yogurt pretty much everyday and I do have a light (real, natural) sugar that I use in my tea. I use sweetners for coffee. Anyway, point is, perhaps you've not been eating enough Fat? Remember, your body does need you to ingest fat. I take OMEGA 3 fish oils everyday, are you taking any fatty acid/oil supplements? Right, I'm no expert but those were my thoughts - hope they help!

Catherine, I'm so sorry that you passed out in the GNC!!!!! But, I'm so glad tht this time you weren't made to feel like an alien from the Planet Obesity. Isn't it horrible how badly we humans can treat each other for 'visual reasons'? Are you OK now?

Extrinsic, Are you still out there? Is it my turn to write? I've lost track! (sorry if it is) I'm still looking for you on that exercise thread....

Bama, GOOD luck on your date! I also beieve that all that crazy image stuff will pass when the right guy comes along. When I visited England on holiday, I was horified to find that I had forgotten to pack all my hair products (and my hair is quite thick and curly) so I felt like a total monster. It was also a (shock horror) heatwave in London so I was permenantly covered in sweat and ick - and underneath all that craziness Eric fell in love with the person. BTW I tried to comfort myself because HE NEEDED A HAIRCUT!!!

as for diet & exercise: I'm exercising, but we just went shopping for fresh fruits and veg today - and we've still not eaten a meal!!! It's 8 pm. I'm going to try and whip up a salad and some open faced chilli burgers... tomorrow I'll be back on track..

Ok darlings, I must go and wake up sleepyhead now or the weekend will elude us!

Good luck everyone! and er, um, enjoy your Bar B Qs and days off and stuff...

Last edited by BIGGIRL27; 07-02-2005 at 08:51 PM.
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Biggirl-I am fine. I was actually fine the minute that I hit that wonderfully cold tile floor. I hadn't eaten enough breakfast, had been out in the heat, overdid a bit, and am right on the cusp of needing to cut my high blood pressure medicine dose again. The smaller I get, the less HBP medicine I need. Gosh, why didn't my doctor ever tell me that losing weight would help my health. I'm sure if he had said something that I would have lost all this weight a long time ago. Do you suppose that the fat got in my ears whenever weight loss was mentioned? I've been telling people that my fat is a thinking being, and is fighting back now that I am trying to kill it off.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Tansea: "how do you deal with the excess mositure that builds up in areas that get no air. " I found a really nice new product from Monastat (yes, the vaginal cream people) that is a anti-chafing gel that dries to a powder. Doesn't get gooie at all and keeps those tender areas from getting red and sore. Works really good for the "apron" and under the boobs, etc.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

HI to one and all! I can't believe how time flies. I haven't

posted since April. Been busy with outside work-vacation etc.

I've been reading off and on but not posting.

I can't believe there are so many new posters. Hopefully I'm
back to stay, I sure need your support!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to old and new.

All I can say about weight-loss is I'm maintaining. This is
not good. With as much as I work outdoors you'd think I'd
be skinny as a rail but not so. Oh well, I'm still glug glug glugging-
and trying to stay on plan.

Check in with all later. HILTA
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:19 AM   #13  

Talking Hey Y'all!

How is everybody perking this fine Holiday weekend? Do you have big plans? Got out the old grill and ready to start flipping burgers or whatever? I hope all of you have a great time and don't get tempted to overdo!

I have just been coasting along, trying to stay cool and OP. Not so easy, but I am working on it. For some reason the water drinking is still my biggest challenge. You would think that that would be the easy one huh? I just don't like water!

BamaMom, How was the date? Oh La La, or total bleah? Of course I am voting for the Oh La La!

Julee, Insomnia is something I know about first hand. You may find me here at all times of the night. I hope you are enjoying the vacation. Have fun!

Tansea, I don't think I have welcomed you yet, so Welocme! I haven't been posting much lately, but I read every chance I get to see what is going on with this crew. You will like it here. Another tip that I read about the moisture places....Use the hair dryer to completely dry there, then powder.

Solus, Wow! I wish I could eat all of that and still lose weight! I could gain ten just by thinking about all of that cheese. Maybe you have hit on the Wendy theory, increase and decrease calories...hummmm!

Lori, (Momtofivesweeties), Welocme to the group. I hope to get to know all of you newbies better. We have so many that join and disapppear, so hang around! I take a break from posting now and then, but I am here!

futurediva, Hi, How is it going?

Biggirl, How is jolly old England? I feel for you on missing the US Holidays. I spent six years in Europe, so I know what you are talking about. We just celebrated anyway! I know all too well about packing and moving, UGH! I did that so many times in my life. Now that we are retired, I am not budging, no more moving for me!

Catherine, I have had to go through the decrease in BP meds before too. As my weight came off, my blood pressure dropped to such a low I was staggering drunk and didn't know why until I went in to have that checked out. That is most likely enough to make you faint. I was nearly out on my feet. weird feeling!

Hilta, Hi, long time no see! Glad to see you back. I miss so many of the old members. (not old in years, my dears )

Thin, Hello, I miss reading your long post too.

Well, chickies I guess that is all for now. Keep on keeping on! Iwillbe...Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

I just wanna wish all those in the US

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

for the 4th
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:12 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Terri, Terri, Terri, what was I thinking. I'm sorry I missed your birthday yesterday.

Happy Belated Birthday to YOU!
Happy Belated Birthday to YOU!
Happy Belated Birthday, dear Terri!
Happy Belated Birthday to YOU!!!
Hope you had a wonderful day!