Old 05-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#719

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #2  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies!! *waves*

Today has been a lovely day off, aside from the few audits and mystery shops I had to perform. It's been a rocky week but I've been maintaining. I'm going to get my workout schedule back to being active, I've been slacking for the past couple of weeks. As we all know, it's hard to concentrate on weight loss when we have emotional issues going on...does anyone else find this? I finally got my new scale today in the mail...GAH!!

If you guys remember, I was the one who was always complaining about having an inaccurate scale....as it turns out I weight ten pounds more than I thought *sigh*

I am updating my weight slider thing and now we are not playing any more guessing games.....

...anyone want to make me feel better?? I missed you guys this week

When is the next 2X2 Challenge, did I miss it?
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:10 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello all! Don't forget we're heading into the last couple of days of the current 2x2 challenge. We're so close to our 300# goal. Let's make THIS the BIG one!!! Keep your focus.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #4  
Shadiepurple

Wink It's Friday!!!!!!!! Yeahhhh!!!!

Greetings ladies, I'm soooo happy for you that have moved into a new size. Thats awsome. I can't wait till I fit in the clothes filling my closet, let alone shopping in a real store!! My dream will come true in time. This I know is true.

BIGGIRL: Thank you so much for commenting on my post about sabatage. I could go on and on with stories where this has been true for me, but I know you understand. I'm trying not to complain but I cut back posting because I feel everyones stories as my own and hear the hurt behind them. I've been there many times in my life. But when I post things I seem to be posting ailien stories because I rarley get a response. THANK YOU for hearing me.

Dear SARA: My prayers are with you. Stay strong . Don't forget to check with your health food store for amune building vitamines. Who knows, couldn't hurt. Keep posting. We'll be here for you.

So Monday is the end of the 2x2 correct?? Then we pm to Terri our two week total correct?? Then that same day we start a new 2x2 correct?? Any one that could respond to my newness would be deeply thanked.

Have a super strong day and weekend to everyone. Enjoy your life.
shadiepurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:37 PM   #5  

Smile

Hi there all!

Well, the WI was a good one. Lost 2 more. I'm not in the 80's yet...which was too much to hope for I suppose, but it sure sounded good. I'll get there next time and at least my total to lose is a nice, round number! If only it wasn't such a high, nice, round number!

Meliss: You probably don't want me to try to make you feel better, but I'll try anyway. It's always better to be accurate on the weight than to think you weigh less than you do...although I know it doesn't really feel that way. That's why I always run to the Dr. office on Fridays, before lunch, to weigh. I also always go to the bathroom and take off my shoes! That may be a bit extreme...but at first I was wearing the same outfit every week on WI day! So I've loosened up a lot! Besides, you don't have an additional 10 to lose...you would have had them anyway and just not known it.

I'm not helping. ~sorry~

Shadypurple: Yep! We send Terri the 2 week total and she adds them up and keeps track. If you gained and had to re-lose, don't count until your back to a new low is my understanding of how it works. Then the new 2x2 starts. I'm sorry if you feel like you haven't gotten sufficient response to some of your posts. I read everyones, but usually don't have time to respond to everyone unless I have something to contribute or at least add...But do know I, at least, have heard everything you've said...even if I didn't acknowlege it.

Well, nearly time to go home. DH is home cooking and I have to stop at the store to pick up hundreds of $$$ worth of drugs! I swear, even with good insurance it costs me a fortune to be me!

Well, hope everyone has a TERRIFFIC weekend!

Last edited by Lilion; 05-20-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Newfiesara – I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hang in there! We’re here for you!

Biggirl – Hello! Thank you… Yeah I just found out today they hired another security officer. Good luck with your TV show, if you hear if it ever gets aired out here in the US let us know

Tashabella – Yes! I like how you said that. What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. I wasn’t happy with the resolution no, but I’m happy to keep my job and keep my face. Plus no record of this will be taken. It’s definitely a learning experience.

Lilion – yes the security guard and a secretary is who saw me. When the security guard spoke to me, he said the lady saw it and told him, then when the Principal spoke to me he said the Security guard is who saw it as well as the lady. Way to many different stories. I’m just glad it’s over.

Mertz – OOOH I have a Chihuahua as well! Her name is heidi, she’s 6 months old as well… born Nov. 3rd. I’m gonna have to post pictures I’ll post my favorite one for you to see. I never thought I could fall in love with such itty bitty thing either! I know how you feel.

Esmaraude – hey there chickie! I know how you feel. Sometimes I think the same thing. Like when I re-signed up for the gym. I was afraid of how people were gonna look at me. It’s hard to stop thinking that way when you have had to deal with the rude comments and stares for a long time, now it’s like second nature.

I’m a little nervous about tommorrow’s exam… but I’ve been studying. What scares me the most are the essays and short answer questions. It’s been a while since I’ve taken any Human Development courses, I hope I still remember what I’m doing LOL!

Take care everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 PM   #7  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi eveyone and congratulations to all the losers. I know i am loosing, i am buying smaller clothes, but i dont weigh on a regular basis. The ups and downs of the scale can devestate me, and wth my fragile self esteem, i ned all the help i can get! i usually try and weigh once a month, so my time is coming.
newfiesara:I am sorry to hear about your health problems, i will be thinking of you, and hoping you feel better.
The sabotage topic got me thinking of all the times i have tried to loose wt and get healthy, its as if people dont want you to suceed! I have found if i only tell my close friends what i am doing, i end up doing much better, thats sad isnt it
I hope everyone has a great weekend by the way, for those looking for a fun excersise, the richard simmons videos are cool! check them out and see
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 01:24 AM   #8  

Smile

Hello! It is me again. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, and that I am still OP and still on the brink! Darn scale just won't move!

Meliss, I told you those scales are evil. I think maybe it is better to know exactly how much you weigh though. I had a scale that weighed me 12 lbs less than my Drs. scale did, and I was so disappointed when I weighed at his office. I thought I was doing great!

Thin, you are a woman of few words these days, how is it going with you? I think you would find it interesting to know that the medical profession has said to me that I CAN'T lose weight! That made me even more determined to do it. It is slow, but I won't take CAN't as a final say in my efforts to lose.

Shadiepurple, Don't take it personal when you don't get a response. There are so many posters now that it can get a bit overwhelming. I have felt like the invisible woman myself at times. I try to not mind if I don't get a response, but the times when everyone else in the thread does except you....well that is a little hurtful. I decided to just keep posting anyway, because I like this group of ladies and like to read about everyones struggles and successes.

SueMarie, I am happy that you are feeling better about things and good luck on the exam!

Lillion, yep those perscriptions can really empty your wallet. We have to have them though. I always think of the people that have to decide wheather to eat or take their medicine...what a choice. About the patio, mine is mortared in and has a has a brick wall around it. It is a very large (don't know the measurement) area. That wall is one reason I am thinking it would be expensive to replace the tiles. Heck, I am not a mason, so I have no idea what I am talking about! Right now I am in shock over the paint estimate I got for the eaves of the house!!! 3,500 dollars! I am thinking of getting a ladder and doing it myself. (fat chance).

Futurediva, Good job on getting into a smaller size! I have a closet full of smaller sizes that I am looking forward to wearing again. Now If I can just get through this weekend without blowing it, I may just get there! You are probably smart to just weigh once a month, I know I let the scale numbers sabotage me at times. No loss, might as well eat mentality

I think that is everyone from this thread, so I am going to see if I can get some sleep now. Have a wonderful weekend. Iwillbe

Last edited by Iwillbe; 05-21-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone. I have just been reading and reading all of the posts. I love to listen in to what you are all talking about. You all seem to live such busy lives.

Shadiepurple: I am sorry that you feel like you have not been aknowledged. If I have done that I appologize to anyone that I have done that to. Sometimes, I don't have a coment or I have not experienced the things that you guys are talking about. Like for instance. I praise God that I don't have someone around me who sabatages me. I was amazed that loved ones do that to you guys. I have so much support from my husband. I really am not around any other people very much right now so I haven't experienced it.

I love coming here and reading because it gives me so much inspiration. When I am heavily into laps in the pool for my daily exercise I think about some of the things that you all have written and I imagine it for myself. Like, going for walks with my loved ones, going to farmer's markets for fresh veggies and fruits, especially trying on a blouse or some pants in my closet and them being too big! Thank you for the support and encouraging things that you share.

Hello to everyone and a big blessing to everyone. I hope that your weekend is wonderful and blessed!
dogpal
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #10  
DoxieMomx2

Today was WI and I am so psyched! I lost 5.8 this week, for a total of 16 so far (four weeks). I am thrilled and the loss motivates me that much more to stay OP faithfully.

I am off to a water aerobics class, then in to work for the afternoon, so don't have a lot of time, but everyone know that I am sooooo thankful for each and every one of you. This forum has made a huge difference in my weight loss "attitude" this go around.

Take care and have a great weekend!
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #11  
~Tina~

Talking

Doxiemom - you are doing great! WHOO HOO!
I just joined this past week. But I look forward to checking in here and reading everyones posts at least once a day! You are all keeping me motivated! Thank you so much!
I read all the posts! I may not respond to everyone just yet - but please know that responded to or not- I appreciate all of you!
I look forward to Tuesday and the 2x2! not exactly sure what it is -but willing to try!
~Tina~
DelsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 01:40 PM   #12  
Hang In There

TO SHADESOFPURPLE and everyone else. At this point I am probally one of the "oldest"( both in age and in longetivity on the thread) members of this group and I very often feel like an invisible woman. DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY that's just the way it happens some days. Just know that everyone is reading and gaining bits of knowlege and motivation from everyone who posts.

I personally have never been big on personal replies. My own opinion (which I know is only worth what you pay for it) is that if everyone replied personaly to everyone, we would never get through reading, but I know that is not the majority opinion.

Just keep posting and you will probally find you "connect" to some more than others. But (and please don't anyone take me wrong here) If you don't feel comfortable in this large a group, check out the rest of the areas on the 3FC board. There are lots and lots of different groups and each group has it's own personality. Some are lots smaller that this one, and you might feel better in a smaller group. And the idea has been tossed around about dividing the 300+ group into smaller more managable groups, but so far no one has come up with a good plan as to how to do that.
Any suggestion?

My intention was not to offend anyone or to make anyone mad or upset, but I am just giving my thoughts on the subject.

Sara: I am the queen of AI diseases, and if you have any questions or want to talk to somone about auto-immune disease, just PM me. I have questions for you, mainly what type of doc dx'd you and what were your symptoms? AI diseases are hard to live with, but it can be done, and I am just one of the many around living with them. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you learn to cope with your dx.

Love to all

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Hi Ladies
Just wanted to stop in and say HI!
Also to let you know whats been happening with me. I was doing really well for three and a half days, following my exercise,lower carb plan and smaller portions, but then on Thursday afternoon I had a diabetes reaction, my bloods sugar went down, the EMTs said it was probably in the 40s or 50s, but as soon as I felt it comming on I had started to drink a regular soda so by the time they checked it it was at 87. Now I have had reactions before but this time it was different and I knew it, so it happens that our benefits coordinator has an office right behind me, so she is the one who called the EMT and they were there in a few seconds. Anyway I have since had to alter my eating plan cause I had another reaction yesterday too but not as severe. I think what is happening is that I am not eating enough because my choice of food is healthy. I know I need some carbs so I am eating them too just the healthy ones.
Thats about it, I am still OP for the week and am hoping to be at least below the 300 mark by Monday. You all have an OP and fun weekend and I'll see you lighter.
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 01:57 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Barb, Love your hummingbird sig. Someday I want to learn where to find and how to do, neat sigs.

Spring is such a busy time for birds and bees isn't it? There seems to be a nest in every tree and bush around our house and the wrens are building in, of all places, the bird feeder!

I've got myself back OP as of this morning. Gained 9 lbs in about 5/6 weeks but it'll come off .... again.

I've ID'd some target foods that can set me to bingeing (sp?), butter and/or Land O'Lakes spread in the tub, any kind of donut, (I can control cookies but not donuts and probably not brownies.), FF French Fries & FF Fried Chicken (Neither of which is on any healthy eating plan!) and cola, which is something I never drink unless I'm way off Program. I don't like the stuff but it goes with sooo many of the things I need to avoid.

I need a zapper implanted that reminds me to journal. I know that if I consistantly write it down, I can defeat a lot of my temptations.

Off to plant flowers.

Last edited by j-ann; 05-21-2005 at 01:59 PM.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:28 PM   #15  
Determined to Lose!!!

Talking

Hi Ladies, I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to pop in and say 'Hi' to all and 'Have a great weekend!'

Joanne, oh dear! I hope you are feeling better! You know the GI Diet is good for controlling diabetes. I follow a broad GI diet, like I do eat a jacket potato from time to time, and if I really, really want something off plan, I allow myself to have it with something Low GI. Seems like I'm not even on a diet really, yet the pounds seem to come off!

About pounds... yeahhhh... I think I hit a wall after losing 16 lbs in 3 weeks... this week I was down 1 lb... maintaining that all week, then this morning that pound was back!!! Well.... I didn't let it get me down (especially since I wasn't supposed to be on the scale anyway ) And, DH and I went on a 6 mile walk!!!! I'm really hoping that this will be the thing to smash this plateau... we're going to do the Walk every weekend to train for the Walk for Life on 19 June in London. And then, I'm going to convince him that we should continue to do it every weekend! lol

Ok, really must go, but Shadiepurple, I'm soooo pleased that my comments were helpful to you! Hang in there! PM me if you want more of a direct exchange than this board sometimes allows... speaking of PMs I know I owe some of you wonderful women a response and dI just haven't gotten round to it! But, please know that I was so pleased to get the PM and WILL respond... it's just the DH is a computer geek lol and sort of CONTROLS his BABY who we named Bertha when we were dating and I realised I was competing with an electronic woman!!! lol *sigh* ok ok....

Thanks everyone for wishing me luck with the TV show... Lilion I think you said something that really moved me about 'inspiration' and I think I would take that underwear pic if I thought it would help other women like me!!! oh dear...

I'm outta here... one last thing! lol Guys, please keep your fingers crossed for me on my WI (Tues)

Congrats to everyone who lost and to those of you who haven't but are working D*mned hard!
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote