Old 05-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #16  

Talking Going...and going...and going

Hi everyone.

I'm still here and still going (even though I was in a funk last week). I've been OP for three days!

Congrats Sunshine!!! Hopefully I will be right behind you into the twos!

Baby steps, they say. Baby steps!!!
Tashabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #17  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Well, I have calmed down now. I had my scales calibrated, and instead of gaining 8 pounds, I lost one. Who knew kicking a scale would unbalance it? I've been fighting with my sinus in addition to fighting with the scale. I was upset this morning thinking that I wouldn't be able go to my deep water aerobics class. I decided to just go, and if I couldn't keep up, I'd just tread water. I not only kept up, I did really well, and felt better for having gone. I read in yesterday's paper that your immune system gets a boost from exercizing that lasts for several hours after stopping. I really felt that today. I've got allergy inspired sinus. If I had a virus or something, I wouldn't have gone. There are way too many 70-80 year olds in the Happy Hinges class after my class. I would feel terrible giving some little old lady a cold that might kill her.

Since my immune system is on my mind, my clipping for today is on how what you eat is the best defense against viral diseases.

-Yogurt: Contains "good" bacteria called probiotics, which protect against colds and diarrhea-related diseases. (A Catherine tip-eat yogurt with active cultures when on antibiotics and you will suffer fewer nasty side-affects. Antibiotics kill both the good and bad bacteria in your gut, yogurt replaces the good ones)

Tea: Black, oolong, pekoe and green teas strengthen the immune system. I have tried drinking tea, and just can not stomach it, so I now take a multi-vitamin with green tea in it.

Fruits and Vegetables: Foods high in antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals improve immune function. Choose the dark green, red, orange and yellow ones.

Other Immune-boosting Foods: These include mushrooms, whole grains (raisin bran in particular), walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, ginger, onions, garlic, salmon, and turkey.

Go Easy on Fats and Sweets: Especially watch the amount of saturated fats and concentrated sweets you eat.

Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of fluids keeps nasal passages from drying out. Water is best, followed by tea and fruit juices.

Well, ladies, I am off to rest my nose which weighs more than my butt at the moment, and that's saying something.

Last edited by CatherineM; 05-09-2005 at 02:43 PM.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #18  
Hang In There

Well, I frittered away my 2x2 stayed the same. I was down after the first week, but back up this week. Could it have perhaps been the all you can eat Mexican buffett we went to to celebrate Mothere day? Of couse I rather blame it on the fact that I was sick most of lasat week and didn't exercise. But I started back today, I walked a mile on the outdoor track and did the "old-ladies" water class. it's a very low impact conditioning class where the average age is probally 75. And it is their "social club" they do more talking than moving, but today it was all I could handle. My other choices were deep-water or advanced aerobics, so the old ladies way just right for me!

#2 cook cooked me a cajun turkey for Mothers day, so we had sandwiches out of it last night, but tonight I'm really going to fix a good OP meal!!!

Take Care.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:56 PM   #19  
Oooo Silly Me!

Iwillbe – yes, I can’t wait for things to slow down hehehe…

Determined – Yes, I agree with you. It was definitely a busy weekend. I think we should vote an extra day in the weekend. I vote for Friday

2cute – Wow, when you put it like that, that’s a lot! LOL I just saw it was 3 trying weeks, and finally sticking to my plan and getting it done, but when you lay it out like that…. That’s a lot of stuff! I think just reading it that way inspired me as well hahaha… I’m still working on the blahs… trying to shake them out of my system. I think I’m winning tho. So far so good.!

Hippivanlady – Thanks for that clipping on foods for immune defense. I always knew green tea and garlic was good for you, but never really knew why. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me back it was a nice warm re-welcome.

Today is going to be my first day at the gym. Actually tonight is. So I’m looking forward to seeing how out of shape I’m in I debated on the idea for a long time, because I didn’t like that I was the only fat person there. Everyone there had such beautiful bodies and then SPLAT there I am hehe… I’m going to get over that fear… well I guess I’m gonna have to because I’ll be going tonight for sure. I’ll give you all a run through of what I was thinking when I get back. I know it’s strange, but I’m anxious and nervous all at the same time. Amazing what low self esteem does to you :-P

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #20  

Hello Everyone, I am not sure if you read the weigh ins so I wanted to say that I lost 5 lbs this week. There is no need for anyone to go finding it for me!

Angela
Thanks for the words of advice. That is a great thing I will keep in mind when I weigh in every week. I thought about measuring myself too..incase I begin losing inches instead of pounds..but I think that may be a little much on me right now. I will have to think it over more.

ShadiePurple Do you know how special you are? You bring sunshine into everyone's life that you meet. You have a very emotional event occuring in your life right now. But God is with you and your mom is too. They hear and see everything that is going on with you and you don't have to feel you are alone. Just know that they are there and know you are loved by them as well as everyone else in your life. You have a wonderful family and I am so proud to call you my friend. I love you with every piece of my heart. Please remember that. I hope things get better for you and you are doing a great job with your motivation to keep going on your weight loss journey. Let nothing bring you down. Because you know that you have support here and I am just a phone call away. Big hugs from me and I love you ALWAYS!
TwinkledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #21  
Tired of being FAT!

Hi,

Well, I thought I better post. I haven't in awhile. I joined um last month sometime. I was sooo excited to join and then POW! I just have no motivation. I hate that I am sooo overweight and yet I just can't get myself to make the effort. It's so very depressing. Especially that I'm over 300 # and that I'm single. I know that if I could just lose 30 # I could do it all. The first 30 is the ones I'm having the hardest time with. I can't get on an exercise routine. I walk on my new treadmill like once a week if I'm lucky. It's right here in front of me... I'm just so unmotivated and feel like it'll never happen. I'm really tired of being fat. So, basically now that that is down in words. *smiles* I need some motivation. Does anyone wanna be an e-mail buddy? I need someone to talk to every day for motivation, SO that weight is ALWAYS on my mind. Calling for help!
pebs410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #22  

Smile

Well ladies, no time to really post. Didn't get much done today, but the day off was nice.

2X2 CHALLENGE

THINTHINKER
JULEECEES
AUDREY
LILION

Now, time for dinner and then a meeting to go to...

Welcome to the newcomers! Congrats to all the losers!

Later ladies!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Oh, Pebs, I'm so sorry that you are not doing well. Believe me, I know what you mean when you say that you are tired of being fat. I weigh 497 the last time I went to the Dr. and I have been above 450 for a least 5 years. I too am tired of it but the only way we are going to make it different is if we work hard!!! You can do it. Just take a big glass of water and drink it then put on some music that you like or even a telvision program and get on your treadmill and walk for 3 minutes. Tomorrow do another 3 etc. As soon as you are able and feeling more motivated add more minutes. You can do it. I wish that we lived closer and I would come over and drag you to the pool with me Come on Pebs, you can do it. I know you have it in you. Write something you won't have to worry about after you loose the weight on a piece of paper and tape it on your treadmill. Example: When I get down by 30 pounds I won't have to worry about seeing that weight on my scale ever again! When I get down to 250, I will celebrate and buy myself some pretty lacey panties and bra set, etc. Go Pebs, Go!

To everyone else, keep your heads up and live. Keep going. We can do it!

Blessings,
Dogpal

dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Terri... I did lose 2lbs for the 2x2 ... but ... it was weight I had gained back so we can't count it on the totals.

I am in for the next one....

2X2 CHALLENGE

THINTHINKER
JULEECEES
AUDREY
LILION
2cute

Congrats to everyone who lost. 5 lbs !!! WOW !!!
Get busy kicking butt to those of us who need to get back in gear.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #25  
Shadiepurple

Talking Amazed Myself Today

Greeetings you great supporters. Well, I amazed myself today. I wasn't going to weigh in for another week to give myself a good jump on this program. But I wanted to join the 2x2 challenge so I went and weighed in. I knew I was working op but I was shocked to see I LOST 9.1 LBS In my first week. I know water and all that stuff is first but wow. I have a bigger fire under my butt now than before, there is no GOOD reason to let the flame go out.
[COLOR=Indigo]Angela: thank you for you kind words. I dumped alot out there and you responded very kindly. I'm not being happy to look good. I have to stay positive as much as possible to keep from crawling in bed and hiding again. I did that alot last year. So now I want to do my best to smile and bring smiles to whoever would like one. Thats who I really em under all the glummy Gus stuff. Thank you again.
TwinkledPink: you are a very sweet person. Iam glad and thankful to have you on my side. I'm sorry to be getting my sad stuff on you, but thank you for being so willing to listen and sympathis. I'm here for you too.
Well, good luck to us all this week and thanks for listening to all the gooie stuff. I'm very proud to call this home for support.

P.S. anyone please pm how to add a second goal bar to my signature. I want to do a short term goal and can't figure it out THANKS

I am in for the next one....

2X2 CHALLENGE

THINTHINKER
JULEECEES
AUDREY
LILION
2cute
Twinkledpink
Shadiepurple
shadiepurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:51 PM   #26  

Well, I've had an OP day for the first time in a long time. Exercised, ate according to plan, drank water, slept 8 hrs. last night. Yay for me. But I've barely accomplished anything else! This I-can't-do-more-than-one-thing-at-a-time thing is getting pretty old.

Tashabella--Good to hear from you! Hope things are looking up.

Catherine, Twinkledpink--Congrats on your losses!

SueMarie--Hope you made out well at the gym.

Barb--I wish I had old ladies to exercise with... I might be able to do a gym if I did. Glad they were useful for you!

Andrea--I enjoyed your pep talk even though it was for Pebs. Thanks!

Pebs--One day at a time. Were you OP today? If yes, celebrate. Seriously. Reward yourself somehow. If no, determine that you will be tomorrow. You can do one day OP, right? Just one day. And then another. That's the only way to do it.

2Cute--You inspired me. I'm going to go ahead and get back in the 2x2, even though I'm working on weight I've gained back, too.

2X2 CHALLENGE

THINTHINKER
JULEECEES
AUDREY
LILION
2cute
Angela
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #27  

Shadiepurple, We were posting at the same time. Congrats on your loss! WOO HOO!

2X2 CHALLENGE

THINTHINKER
JULEECEES
AUDREY
LILION
2cute
Twinkledpink
Shadiepurple
Angela
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #28  
Tired of being FAT!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for all the great words of support. I hope everyone is doing well. Man, I think this is the hardest thing I've done in my life. The weight was so easy to put on and what a stuggle to get it off.

Thanks girls! GO TEAM!!!!
pebs410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good evening ladies,

It was a pretty sucky evening and I won't even go into details. What's really sad is to have squandered a beautiful evening having a horrible argument with DH. Can't go back in time and undo the evening. I chalk it up to stress that we're both under for a multitude of things.

I've tallied up the losses. I included a few that I saw were posted but did not receive PM's. I've got a total of 32.90 pounds loss for this 2x2. Which......drumroll please....puts us at 303 pounds lost. HOWEVER...I do know that a few of us have gained some pounds that were previously lost so our total might be a bit overstated.

If anyone wants to PM me their total loss of the year since joining this thread, please feel free to do so. I am only counting folks that post in this thread series.

I'm tired so I'm off to bed.

to everyone who achieved a loss!!! Lilion does get a special kudo for posting the most consistant losses - six challenges in a row - since joining us.

Goodnight!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #30  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Terri:
Sorry to hear that you had an argument that made for a bad night. I got a wild hair up my tush last week and deliberately and knowingly picked a fight with BF...for no apparent purpose. I made a huge deal out of nothing and then I totally ambushed him and blind-sided him. In the end it was fine and I fesed up the next day...but it almost made for a lousy night. Hopefully everything will get fixed and tomorrow will be a new day.

Thanks for keeping track of us and keeping us motivated!!!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote