Old 04-23-2005, 10:54 AM   #1  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Default 300+ and ready to try again #704

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #2  

Before I get into anything else, what happened to our nice warm sunny weather? Man, I'm freezing, but I'm too stubborn (not to mention cheap) to turn the heat back on, LOL!

I miss the old Y I used to belong to back in Joliet. They always kept swimming lanes open, no matter what class they had going on. And they didn't have the weird windows my current one does.

See, the setup of our Y centers around the pool, which is in the basement. The first level is full of windows so you can look down at the swimmers from every angle. I don't think I'd feel as self-concious about swimming if it weren't for that. Plus, since I work there, I'm surrounded by co-workers! I feel a little silly about it, but that's why I made that little contract with myself. No more excuses to avoid it once I lose another twelve pounds. Maybe I'm denying myself some swim time while I wait but I think I needed a goal to work toward and put my mind at ease with.

Bleh. My suit doesn't fit me right; why do they always put the shoulder straps so close to the edges of the suit? And why are the straps always elastic? I went to a fabric store the other day to look for non-stretchy fabric strap material especially for bras and swimsuits, but they had no clue what I was talking about. I don't remember the exact name of it, but I know I bought some a few years back and the store had a huge spool of it that you could buy by the yard. See, I'm planning on repositioning the straps and sewing the new strap material inside for more support. I'll have to keep looking elsewhere. Does anyone here know what that material is called?

I hate being self-concious everywhere I go. Well, I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be, but it's as if I have something new to face every day. People can be so charming, you know? And there's no need for me to elaborate, we've all been there.

I try so hard to be encouraging with my fiance, and sometimes it works. I mean, I'm obviously there and I know how hard it can be, and I know exactly what I don't like to hear. But he's still the one that has to make the decision to help himself; as much as I want to, I can't do it for him. And I get so frustrated when he brings home yet another case of (non-diet) soda home, or I find the fast food wrappers hidden in his car.

Sometimes he tries to talk me out of my diet. I think he has a couple of reasons for that. . . if I cheat, he doesn't have to feel guilty about wanting to cheat himself. . . and as I mentioned before, I think he's scared of me actually getting a figure.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #3  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Esmaraude: I know what you mean about the weather, it is windy and chilly here too! It was like 85 degrees wednesday so this is a big difference. God, when i read sme of the posts on here, i feel as if i have wrote them myself! I cant even count the things i will not or havent done because i am so self conscious about myself. It is a terrible way to feel and i am hoping as my weight decreases, my self esteem will go up. I hate the fact that i let other people's opinions of me, define what i will or will not do.
anyway, sorry for the ramble. I am in a reflective mood today, and when i think back to things i have let my weight and self esteem interfere with, it is a very sad thing to think about.
Hope everyone has a good evening, and please remember, we are all special and unique, and we deserve the best that life has to offer. (now i just need to convince myself of that
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:37 PM   #4  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello girls,
Well I guess most everyone is out doing stuff or at the Fling!! I've checked in here a couple times, but the only person who had posted was Karen..and now Kym....hmm...I worked at Border's today...did some more register training..blah blah blah...it's just like Filene's so it was sorta like a refresher course for me. I still can't believe I'm working part time at a bookstore for extra money...ahh yes it's very weird to work on the weekends again..but you do what you have to do...
In OTHER news, I had a freaking flat tire yesterday...that ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME. I've had like 4 flat tires in the past 18 months. Apparently I ran over some glass in the damn parking lot at kmart. I brought the car to VIP and they're like "we can patch the tire for you, but you should probably just replace all your tires while you are at it..." and they gave me a freaking 333 dollar estimate, so now I have to hunt around and see if I can find out if i really need new tires or if they just want to make a sale.

Karen - I know how you feel about the bathing suit thing...they are NOT made for people with larger backs...Whenever I put one on, I feel like the straps are just WAY too far apart, and they both end up just resting on my upper arm because they don't freaking stay up. This is why I always wear a tshirt over my bathing suit and then just get into the water that way.

kymberly - i apologize, for some reason i had thought you said you lived in New York City....i realize now after looking at the picture page, that was Extrinsic Rapture (whoops). So that's why I made a couple comments about NYC (I think there was another post where I asked if you worked in the city, LOL).

Well I guess that's it for now...I hope everyone else is having a good weekend...say hello if you're checking in with us!!!

Mel
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone!

Just checking in from sunny Detroit (NOT!!!) where we are have been sight-seeing in the blustering wind and snow!!! The girls claim they are having a good time, but I think they are just trying to be nice.

Just a reminder that the 2x2 Challenge is ending on Monday (as we sit here and finish off cream puffs with Sander Hot Fudge Sauce ). Don't forget to PM Terri (determined to succeed) on Monday with your results. We are so close to our 300 pounds lost this year, let's make the most of the last day before weigh-in.

Ok, everyone, we're off for a midnight run to White Castle. See you all later. Love ya bunches!!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:05 AM   #6  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i can't believe it's already been another two weeks. I better have lost some more weight since last time.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:18 AM   #7  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I survived the first Passover Seder and I don't think I did so badly...although I have no idea at all how to count the points for it. They had matza ball soup (I had no matza balls), small slices of gefilte fish (I only had 1), the teenist amount of matza possible (you have to eat a little bit), chicken (no skin), asaparagus (no butter sauce), roasted veggies (lots of orange veggies), and a small piece of spinach casserole. I passed on the other 2 casseroles even though they smelled sooooooo good. And for dessert I had a banana even though there were so many different desserts out...however, Passover desserts just are not all that good...some are and some...UGH. My friend's grandmother had also made some chopped lived (nothing healthy about it no matter what) so I had about a pinky nail full on a piece of celery...and a lot more celery during the pre-dinner part of the dinner. Lots of water, no wine...and here I am at home now. I think tomorrow night's seder will be a little easier....fewer people and they are a little more health conscious. If I get to Wednesday and do not post more than a 2lb gain I will be happy.

In the meantime, when I cleaned out my closet I found a gorgeous dressy silk pants outfit that I had forgotten about. I am almost ready to try it on again to see how it fits. Hopefully by Memorial Day weekend it will fit well enough for me to take it with me when I go out of town.

All of this Passover stuff now has me thinking down the road towards Yom Kippur in the Fall. Yom Kippur is a fast day...and I wonder if a one-day fast will totally throw me off program? They do say that if you have a medical condition that requires you eating (diabetic, pregnant, etc.) that you are exempt from the fast and then should eat the bare minimum you need to get by for the day (since it is not a day of indulgence)...but I don't know if this would count. I'll ask my WW leader about this one.

Hope all you Fling girls are having fun...hot fudge and White Castle doesn't sound like OP for anyone!!! Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves

Have a great weekend...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, chickies!!!

Well, my dears, after posting that we were going to make a midnight run to White Castle none of us could bare to get back out of our jammies to go out and brave the Winter elements that we are experiencing. Sooooo, look at all those calories we saved!!!

Gotta run. Breakfast is calling .......well, actually, the bed is calling me, but that's not going to happen any time soon. When I get back up to the house this afternoon I'll be off again to be a "showgirl". Honey worked all day at it for me yesterday.

See you all later.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies-
I sure hope you Spring Flingers are having a wonderful time! I really miss being with you this year!

As you know, I haven't been around much lately because there has been so much going on with my IVF treatments. For those of you that have been following this roller coaster I just wanted to update you on our efforts to conceive a child. For the past 2 weeks I've been taking stim injections to attempt to get my body to create lots of eggs. In the past this has always been a challenge and it continues to be one. I had egg retrieval surgery yesterday morning. Sadly we only got two eggs and neither of them fertilized. In addition, we thawed the embryo from our last cycle and it did not survive. I've had a couple short conversation with our Doc since then. We are basically at the end of our rope trying to conceive our own child - we've laid it all out there, tried all the options and now we know we must move on to other options. We will explore donor options and adoption. It's will take some time to grieve the baby I will never carry, but we will move on and we will be happy some day soon.

Once I recover from yesterday's surgery I will be re-focusing on my physical and mental health. I will try to pop in here more often and start getting to know some of the new faces and re-connecting with my old buddies!

I will talk to you all soon.

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies.

I'm back from Spring Fling. We had a fabulous weekend. In spite of hot fudge which, BTW, was a drizzle not a flood, so it really wasn't that bad OP. It was a non-stop fun time. Lots of talking and lots of laughing. I'd really encourage you ladies to seek out those who live nearby and organize gatherings. It makes it so much more personable to meet in person. Small regional groups are easier to organize and can be easier to attend if the travel distance is less. Flying home was a real treat. It was a freakin' blizzard. Our flight was delayed so that it could be de-iced. I'm not really wild about flying anymore and that didn't help. OOH, and after riding in the back of a van all weekend, where was my seat? In the very last row of the plane. They changed planes after I had chosen my seat apparently. It was very bouncy and noisy back there. The good side was that I didn't have to share the row with anyone as all other seats were filled. I was so happy to see green grass and leaves on the trees coming back in over KC.

Vera - We don't have an excuse not to meet since we're about 10 miles apart!

BarbPA - Good to see you checking in. I'm so sorry about the IVF not working. We missed you terribly this weekend.

I'm off to go spend time with DH, the dog, and the horses.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:10 PM   #11  
Believe

Height: 5"7

wow, its so quiet here, its weird hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was ok despite the fact i worked. I have done real good with food and excersise, and i think i will actually weigh sometime this week. i hope i have lost, i feel like i have anyway. well i need to go excersise, everyone take care
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:38 PM   #12  
Hang In There

I made it home from the Fling in one piece!!! Me being the one who is always in bed by 10:00 had a rough time staying up until 2:00 laughing my head off and then having to be ready to leave the hotel for the airport at 6:30AM!!! But I made it, and yes I did sleep almost the whole time on the flight home, and all afternoon after I got here.

Everyone blamed the bad weather on me, as I have said all year that if I was going to go all the way to Michigan, at least I wanted to see snow!!! So everyone said it was my fault!! But If I was THAT powerful, there are a few things here at home I'd change!! Anyway we didn't let the weather spoil any of our fun. BarbPA, we missed you and did think about you.

Well it's on to check out the weekends email, have a great week everyone!

Barbg
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #13  

Just stopping in for a quickie before going to bed.

Hope everyone has had a fun weekend! I could have exercised more (like I said, it's harder on the weekends) but my food was pretty decent. I'm anxious to weigh myself in the morning, I'm guessing that I'll still be about 312.

I spent a great deal of time this weekend trying to write my first "official" DVD review, even though it was a rather short one. I'm sure this will get easier over time. Getting started was the hard part, especially since this time it was over a documentary (my area of so-called expertise is more in the animated film than anything else). See, I was asked to be the U.S. representative at a Disney site. I don't get paid for my reviews, but I do get free Disney DVD's mailed off to me before they even hit the stores, and that's right up my alley!

Anyway, I'm all excited because the owner of the site liked the review I was so nervous to send him. He's gonna post it tomorrow. Whew! But no time to relax, i have more to catch up on!

Bleh. I'm tired of looking at this screen. I think I'll go to bed.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:32 AM   #14  

Good morning chickies, BRRR! winter has returned to our area. After temps in the 80s last week this 39 feels like 20 below to me.

It is a good thing that I am so stubborn, or I would QUIT. For the third 2x2 I have not shown a 2 lb loss! Now how can that be?? I was down four lbs last week and when I stood on that stupid, lying scale this morning I am up five lbs! Ok, I wasn't perfect over the weekend, but five lbs???? NO WAY! I will not QUIT! quitting would be admitting defeat, and this old southern girl WOULD never admit defeat! I just have to get this head of mine straight and not let the numbers on that scale rule my life. My usual reaction would be to go ahead and eat like a piggy and say to heck with it, but not this time.

Enough moaning! I hope the rest of you have a better report for Terri.

So, tell us alll about your trip spring flingers! We want details! Later, Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

I've weighed in and haven't made it to new fat yet. Don't forget to PM me to report your losses for the two week period.

Thin & Susie - How much snow did you end up with? Don't forget to WI too!

2Cute - Are you snuggled up at your daughter's house for the week? Enjoy your time with her.

Barb.G - Glad to see you made it home safe and sound too. I'm really tired this morning. How about you?

Iwillbe - OOOH, that is so aggravating when the scale does that. Did you eat something salty this weekend? How was your water? Weigh yourself tomorrow and see what it says. If its back down, count it as todays. Good attitude about not quitting!!!

I need to get ready for work. to everyone else!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote