Old 04-14-2005, 12:22 AM   #1  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#699

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:35 AM   #2  

Talking Good morning!

Just dropping in to say good morning and to wish you all a good OP day! See you all later. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:55 AM   #3  
striving to be a loser

I'm up for that 2 lbs in 2 weeks challenge as well. I just joined yesterday.
Jackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:42 AM   #4  

Smile Welcome!

Welcome to the group Jackay You will like it here. This is a great bunch. They will try to pick you up when you are down, and cheer you on when you are doing well! Cute kids! Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:45 AM   #5  

Welcome Jackay~!~
2X2 Challenge - April 11th through April 25th
Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
Joanne
Karen (StageBabe)
Terri
Jackay
Jazzmine

Am slowly but surely feeling better. DS has soccer practise tonight, so I will walk while he is doing that. Eating has been so so. need to be less ambivalent about it!!

Keri~You had a bunch of good news!! wonderful. Hope you fil sleeps in his room so you can try your belly dancing tapes!!

Sue~Hope you have rested after your long day yesterday!!

2Cute~how did your hair turn out??

esmaraude How did the Taco Bell trip go?

Im sure there are others I have missed, but I am running out of time

Have a great day everyone!!
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #6  

Default Oy

Sabatoged myself late last night by eating a bag of "Pirate Booty".

Normally the stuff isn't bad - I was shopping though, and saw the carmel flavor and didn't look at the nutrition label. Heck, it couldn't be bad, it was Pirate Booty!

Ugh. I know better. About halfway through I DID look (stuff can't taste like that and be lo-cal!). 5.5 servings per bag... at 120 a serving.

:::sigh::::

And yes, I then ate the rest of the bag.

Why do we do these sorts of things?
StageBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:12 AM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I had one of those "ran into someone who hadn't seen me in awhile" kind of moments yesterday. The last time I saw this woman (her son was on the same baseball team as my foster son for 5 years) I was well over 500 pounds and using my wheelchair. I ran into her as we were leaving the grocery store. After small talk about "how are you" and "how are the boys" the only comment she said was "you seem so calm." I have been on several diets in my life, and this is the first time that not a single person has said "you look great," or "have you lost weight?" Granted, I hate it when people tell me that stuff, because I always hear the opposite comment, which is you looked so bad before, but it is so weird that no one has told me anything like that this time. They tell my roommate, but not to my face. I was so much larger to start this time, I think people have always been afraid of offending me. Plus, I also used to put up a wall of obnoxious around me. I'm sure that was what she was picking up on, that I am much calmer. I actually describe it as being in a "bubble of calm." The biggest advantage of being in that kind of place, is that I seem to be immune to sabotagers. Someone offers me something, and I not only don't take it, I don't seem to even take the hint. It is the main reason that I just know that this time things are going to be different, and I am going to be able to maintain. I hit bottom at one point like they talk about at AA or NA. I had no where to go but up. Crawl out or die. That's what it finally took for me. For those of you that are struggling to get on track, visualize what your hitting bottom would be. No job, no family, confined to bed, no hope, your deepest fear, and focus on that. Maybe you can get the benefits of hitting bottom without the pain of actually doing it.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #8  

Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
Joanne
Karen (StageBabe)
Terri
Jackay
Jazzmine
Lots2loose

Good Morning all....I was wondering if anyone was doing the Core plan on WW. I just joined WW online last night ( and will officially start on Monday (free weekend woohoo), and was considering the Core plan instead of Flex. Have any of you tried it, and have you been successful at it?

Lots2loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #9  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
Joanne
Karen (StageBabe)
Terri
Jackay
Jazzmine
Lots2loose
Extrinsic Rapture

I just wanted to say hello. Joined the boards yesterday. Hoping to get to know all of you. Laterz...muah!
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #10  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

After all that lamenting I did over the Taco Bell lunch, my boyfriend brought home a chili cheese burrito and a mexican pizza last night. I asked him if he forgot I was dieting but I ate it anyway.

I've been doing so well, and it's downright silly to obsess the way I've been. Not that one meal is gonna make a difference, but it can obviously add up. And besides, I only have control over one meal at a time, and I'm not ready to set my weaknesses up just to feel guilty and out of control when I cave in. I don't want that vicious cycle to start up again.

While I was eating it, I told him I was gonna be ticked if I even gained one ounce at my next weigh-in.

I shouldn't have worried. I checked the scales this morning and I've lost another pound. Stupid me, worrying over nothing.

I thought this might be a good time to mention an email I received quite a while back that talked about quitting smoking.

A gentleman recalled an incident from his childhood in the email. He and a friend were climbing a tree, not realizing that the branches were brittle. Their mothers came out of the house and saw both of them perilously high with the wind picking up! One mother screamed at her daughter, "Susie, don't fall!" The other mother screamed out, "Bart, hold on tight!"

Guess who fell.

That's right, Susie was the one that fell. Why? Because the command she heard focused on falling, and she had to think about falling and then come up with a solution to keep from falling. Perhaps that isn't the best approach. Bart was suggested a more positive and direct approach.

So when it comes to smoking, the gentleman said that the mistake most people make is focusing on what they shouldn't be doing. Instead of focusing on not having cigarettes, perhaps it would be better to focus on breathing fresh, clean air? Focus on the idea that your body is being purified and becoming healthier? That we should focus on the positive in everything we do?

So I figure that we should do the same with eating, exercise, and how we feel about ourselves. I know it's easy to lament over and focus on what we shouldn't have (my recent Taco Bell and McDonald's issues can attest to that), but why not shift that focus toward healthier food? Focus on the taste of something healthy and fresh, and focus on how it's going to help our minds and bodies feel better. I try to imagine myself tall and lean and strong when I exercise; it really helps me go further. And I try to remind myself I'm worth it.

I mean, when I think about it, what have I been telling myself and what have been hearing from others all my life? Karen, you shouldn't eat that. Karen, I know you don't like to exercize. Karen, you shouldn't eat so much, Karen, you're too fat and that makes you ugly.

Well, I think you get the idea. No wonder I wasn't interested in doing anything to help myself.

And with all that being said, I think I'm gonna have Subway for lunch.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #11  
striving to be a loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmaraude
After all that lamenting I did over the Taco Bell lunch, my boyfriend brought home a chili cheese burrito and a mexican pizza last night. I asked him if he forgot I was dieting but I ate it anyway.

I've been doing so well, and it's downright silly to obsess the way I've been. Not that one meal is gonna make a difference, but it can obviously add up. And besides, I only have control over one meal at a time, and I'm not ready to set my weaknesses up just to feel guilty and out of control when I cave in. I don't want that vicious cycle to start up again.

While I was eating it, I told him I was gonna be ticked if I even gained one ounce at my next weigh-in.

I shouldn't have worried. I checked the scales this morning and I've lost another pound. Stupid me, worrying over nothing.

I thought this might be a good time to mention an email I received quite a while back that talked about quitting smoking.

A gentleman recalled an incident from his childhood in the email. He and a friend were climbing a tree, not realizing that the branches were brittle. Their mothers came out of the house and saw both of them perilously high with the wind picking up! One mother screamed at her daughter, "Susie, don't fall!" The other mother screamed out, "Bart, hold on tight!"

Guess who fell.

That's right, Susie was the one that fell. Why? Because the command she heard focused on falling, and she had to think about falling and then come up with a solution to keep from falling. Perhaps that isn't the best approach. Bart was suggested a more positive and direct approach.

So when it comes to smoking, the gentleman said that the mistake most people make is focusing on what they shouldn't be doing. Instead of focusing on not having cigarettes, perhaps it would be better to focus on breathing fresh, clean air? Focus on the idea that your body is being purified and becoming healthier? That we should focus on the positive in everything we do?

So I figure that we should do the same with eating, exercise, and how we feel about ourselves. I know it's easy to lament over and focus on what we shouldn't have (my recent Taco Bell and McDonald's issues can attest to that), but why not shift that focus toward healthier food? Focus on the taste of something healthy and fresh, and focus on how it's going to help our minds and bodies feel better. I try to imagine myself tall and lean and strong when I exercise; it really helps me go further. And I try to remind myself I'm worth it.

I mean, when I think about it, what have I been telling myself and what have been hearing from others all my life? Karen, you shouldn't eat that. Karen, I know you don't like to exercize. Karen, you shouldn't eat so much, Karen, you're too fat and that makes you ugly.

Well, I think you get the idea. No wonder I wasn't interested in doing anything to help myself.

And with all that being said, I think I'm gonna have Subway for lunch.
I think your train of new thought is marvelous and a model of how we should all be thinking all the time. With that, we'd never feel defeated. I know I had caved and ate things I probably should not have this past Monday and Tuesday. And my stupid butt gets on the scale Wednesday to see a 2 pound weight gain. It's so easy to see that number and feel defeated. But I like your mindset here..find the positive in everything.
Jackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #12  
Tired of being FAT!

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say "hi" and check in for the day. I'm doing ok today. Not as depressed as the other day. I'm trying to make myself believe that it will get better and with hard with I will be rewarded with lots of things. Topmost, better health. It's so hard for me because my Mom & I have a health food store together. So, depressing weighing as much as I do & trying to help people be healthier. So, I officially know my weight today with a new WW scale. I weighed myself at a friends back in Feb. on a very old scale & I weighed around 340. I was so devistated. I weighed myself on my new scale today & I'm at 329.3 lbs. I would love to be under 300. Then I would know that I CAN do it. It's so hard. How do you get rid of the emotional eating? Also, I LOVE fried food & junk food, OH & worse of all COKE! AHHH, ok more vegies..LOL HELP!

Ok thank you for listening & letting me be part of this great group of ladies! We are all AWESOME!
pebs410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:15 PM   #13  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Karen: I LOVED that story!

Lots: I am doing core..and after 2 1/2 months I am down 29.1 lbs and have never been happier. Feel free to PM me to discuss it more if you'd like to. Or, send me an email to this same screen name at a-o-l and I'll be happy to write you back.

I had an epiphany the other day...I am a generally happy person by nature. For me to be unhappy, upset, angry, etc. takes a LOT of energy, and when I'm so focused on being unhappy, upset, angry, etc. then I am not focused on anything else...which is why I so often tend to eat when I am unhappy, upset, angry, etc...because I am only focused on my feelings and not what I am doing about them. So I realized that it's just easier for me to be happy. Here's hoping it works.

I'm off to FL this weekend for my step-sister's wedding...we're getting up tomorrow at 3:30 so we can get to the shuttle on time.

See you then!!!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I've been pretty lazy today. Sat around my desk and pretty much procrastinated most of the day. Went out late in the afternoon to pull the one measly "bank job" I had to do today. Funny, though, it was all over the news that there was a big police chase on the other side of town. They were chasing down....of all things......BANK ROBBERS!!! Oh my! Maybe I better be careful!

Jackay, StageBabe, EntrinsicRapture, Lots, pebs410 and anyone else I haven't said hello to yet: Welcome to our little corner of the boards. We're glad to have you join us.

Catherine: That's very interesting that the woman you met up with didn't mention your obvious weightloss. Sometimes I don't think people really know what to say. My husband's boss' wife only sees me twice a year, at Christmas and the company picnic. Several years ago when I first started WW and was actually "doing it" she made a nice comment about how good I looked at the Christmas party. Then when I wasn't really following along ever since, she still tells me how good I look and how well I'm doing everytime she sees me.....even though I've done NOTHING in a very long time. I think that's also a case of she doesn't know what to say. It makes me think "what the heck" when they don't say anything and then if they do say something, it makes me uncomfortable. I've come to the conclusion that weight, weightloss, weight gain and anything else weight related generally makes people very nervous when it comes to talking about it.....especially people that have NO weight problems.

Julee: Have an absolutely wonderful trip!!! I'm sure it will be fun to see all of your family. Enjoy your time together.

Esmaraude: Great story. And boy, the truth is, Positive breeds Positive, Negative breeds Negative.

Ok, I think I'm outta here. It's Survivor and Apprentice night so I'll be pretty much tied up for the evening. You all have a good one. Love ya bunches!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
Joanne
Karen (StageBabe)