theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe

This time I do it!! Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #18  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Well, since it's a S.A.G.E. day, I have to head off to work extra early. A friend and I are having lunch before we start. . . she wants Taco Bell because it's close to work and cheap. I'm about to head over to their site and try to get some ideas of what to eat there without causing any problems or giving myself any guilt. And it's funny, since I used to work at one and I know the menu pretty well. I wish they still had the low-fat cheese and sour cream, but they discontinued that ages ago because it would go bad before it could all get used up. People just didn't want to order it. I love sour cream, that's the best part! But I'm gonna avoid that and the cheese and anything that's deep fried. What choices does that leave me with? Bleh. I know they have that "fresco style" now, but I've yet to try it.

I'm biting my tongue. I don't really wanna go in there and face the temptations of the nachos supreme! But I think I need to learn to deal with the occasional social-type lunch outing like that if I wanna make any real progress. I've got the power to make wise choices, right? And I don't have to be super-strict. I mean, I'll be ordering a lot less calories and fat from there than I used to with my old usual nachos bell grande (that thing is HUGE), chili cheese burrito, hard shell taco supreme, and caramel empanada!

Well, I did a short workout this morning with the weights and some walking. I kinda strayed away from that when I got a bad cold a few weeks back. It's never too late to start over! I'll do my best to keep up. I can already tell that I worked out by the energy level I have right now. And boy, do I need it to handle those kids today!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by esmaraude; 04-13-2005 at 11:39 AM.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Melissa... I went to Walmart.com and they did not have mine there.
But it does have the shorter sleeve. I have HUGE arms ... really saggy bad... but the sleeves come down pretty far. Farther than they look like they would. I do have to keep the pulled down.

I am going to get my hair cut in 20 minutes so I have got to run.
I just always have to peek in before I go.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:33 PM   #20  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

2X2 Challenge - April 11th through April 25th
Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #21  
Oooo Silly Me!

Kel – Your Welcome Let me know if you *do* decide to try out the dance game. Also, is that Keith Urban in your picture? (Dunno how to spell his name) heheheh…

ThinThinker – How’s yer back? About the buffet… hadn’t been to one in a while and I figured since I had been doing good, I could manage things. I guess buffet and control don’t go together to well for me just yet LOL! But I like that saying about how to just taste and move on. I think I’ll avoid buffets for a while hehehehe…. About the cops… I would have figured when I said there are kids still playing baseball at the park they would have at least came down and interviewed/questioned someone… ya know scare them a bit and maybe they might fess up. I guess my tax dollars don’t pay for that. Heh… ahh well, it’s over now and the windows been replaced and I can drive again. *pout*

Esmaraude – Heheheh it’s easy to go long on these posts at times. Sometimes I just start talking and talking and next thing I know, I’ve got a novel. I feel the same way as you… for a while I felt like no one really knew what I was going through, especially in my family as far as my dieting. When I found this place, that feeling was lifted. It’s hard tho, because everyone is so far away and you just wanna reach out and give someone a hug sometimes.

Synn – 300lbs! I can’t wait til I can get down to 300!! CONGRATS!

MissMeliss – you know… for the longest time I had a hard time dealing with night time cravings. Now I’m having a hard time with the cravings during Uncle TOM and Aunt Flo visits :-P I dunno how I managed to get the night time cravings under control. I know I’m going to bed earlier, but I doubt that’s it. From what I understand, cravings are just you wanting a certain food that you always eat but have cut back on. Like for me, it was sugar. I used to eat cookies, licorice, candy, lots of sweet stuff. So I found myself craving for something sweet at night. I started having stuff like sugar free crème savers around to suck on, or even lemon drops candy. I cut out things like sodas and juices and now I have them occasionally. So I think that’s what brought on my sugar cravings. Slowly tho, I seemed to have gotten away from them. Now I’m drinking Orange Juice like no tommorrow… I gotta stop that. I dunno if this will help you… I also noticed that when I started exercising and loosing some weight, my depression went away, and I tend to be a stress eater and emotional eater too. Stress I can’t help, but I seemed to have controlled that somewhat as well (the stress eating that is). There is a good article that I read a while ago… I dunno if I am allowed to post the link. But I think I can tell you the name of the website as long as I don’t link to it. Lesliebeck.com go to her site and search food cravings and there are a bunch on interesting articles on there.

ClipCLop – WELCOME I love your avatar LOL

Lots of walk-a-thons mentioned recently. I’m participating in one at the school I work at. It’s a little charity brought together by the ASB at the school to raise some money for a charity that one of our teachers used to support. It was for those suffering from cancer. The teacher recently passed on. I thought it was a great idea so I jumped in. It’s going to be this weekend.

Ive gotta run to work now… so many posts, so hard to keep up with heheheh…

Yesterday was a long day for me, started work at 8am and then classes go til 9pm. ICK 13 hour day YUCKY!

I will catch up with everyone later…

Take care…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #22  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies -

2Cute: Well I guess I was wrong about the shirt, hehe...it's just that the price was right...I'm about to head out and check there anyways...I have two "bank jobs" (as thin would say) to do today, so I gotta get those done, as well as a Rite-Aid end cap set up..all in all it's been a very easy day for me.

Well I'm off again for now girls, let us know how the haircut comes out 2cute!!

Hugs,

Melissa
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking 2X2 Challenge

Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
Joanne
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:46 PM   #24  

Default 2x2!

Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
Joanne
Karen (StageBabe)
StageBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #25  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Thanks for all the well wishes and support about court today. It was no big deal, I got caught driving on a suspended license back when I still had what I refer to as "toxic" friends....and had to go back to court today because I was given a STAY on my original trip in hopes that I would be able to get my license back within the 6 week timeframe of the stay.

Unfortunately I did not, so I had to pay some court fines and fees. I found out today that my TDI was finally approved and I should have my check by next Thursday the latest. SO I will have my license back within the next two weeks, and a car by the end of June! Wooo HOOO!!!

Anyway....been doing pretty good food wise. My belly dance videos came in today so, I might try them out tomorrow while my MIL is at work and my FIL is sleeping. Assuming he sleeps in his room and not in the living room.

Woo hoo....I am so excited. I get to go back to work Saturday, I am getting my license back, I am going to start exercising, everything is falling into place, finally. Thank the Goddess!

Now to get the BF off his butt to get a job.....hahaha

Anyway, I will certainly try to update again soon....but who knows with all the excitement that is going to be going on around here for the next few days.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #26  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Everyone ! well I actually got the chance to post before the sun went down today.. i must be slacking off !! Actually I am suppose to be doing homework as I have finals next week, but thought I would check in first to see how everyone is doing.

I don't know how you all keep up with the messages.... it is great to see so many people posting. Guess once I start to get to know everyone it will be easier.

Got a call from the Dr's office today to remind me that it is time for my yearly check up.. ARGGG... hate going to the doctor ! Especially when I know he will make some comment about my weight... like I haven't already figured out that I have a weight problem ~ Ah well guess I better just suck it up and go in and get checked out. He may actually have some good suggestions to help get me on track.

Well, I am off to have some dinner and then back to the homework.

Have a great evening and keep on keeping on !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:29 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Thinthinker
MissMeliss
theotherjen
JuleeCeeS
Iwillbe
Keri
Joanne
Karen (StageBabe)
Terri

Thanks Thin for starting the next rollcall. I spaced it out. I did get PM's on a couple of losses. Just a reminder that we count all losses except if you've already counted it before (i.e. you're yo-yo'ing like me). If you don't get the full two pounds, send it anyway and it gets counted into the overall total. Its not too late to be counted.

We're at 260 pounds lost this year for this group. We're 40 pounds away from our goal. We had kind of a dismal showing this last 2x2 including myself. I'm working hard at keeping my focus this week. I do well the first of the week and lose it by the next. But darnit, not this week.

I've got to go play ball with the dog since I'm not walking him.

Welcome to the new ladies!!

American Idol fans - I was sweating bullets about Bo being in the bottom three. I was surprised to see Nadia go because she can be really good - better than Scott or the Russian. Guess folks don't like her songs.

Goodnight!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:33 PM   #28  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Guess I don't need to watch Idol now... please don't forget about those of us out in the West... Thanks !
Old 04-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Sorry, ClipClop, I'm sure it didn't even dawn on Terri. As a matter of fact, I'm usually guilty of talking about Apprentice, Survivor and Desparate Housewives right after they're on here and just never had it dawn on me. I'm sure she didn't mean to ruin your fun.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #30  
Project Down-Sizing !!

No worries... guess I should have been doing my homework instead of reading the boards... serves me right !

Have a great evening and till tomorrow.. CIAO !