Old 04-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #1  

Default I think this is where I need to be. Hi, I'm Kel!

Hi everyone. I have come to 3fatchicks website many times over the years but I had never been to the forums until last night. I introduced myself upstairs somewhere but I wanted to come in here too because I think this is where I need to be.

I'm a 41 year old, short, round stay-at-home-mom who just this morning hit the 300 mark on the scales. It's taken me a long while to get motivated enough to get back on the weight loss train but I'm ready to try again. Ideally, I would like to lose 150 pounds, half of my body weight. I want to be healthier, stronger, have more energy and I want to do all I can to live a longer life since I have a young child at home. The time has come for me to make some changes and I am hoping I can meet some people here who are going thru the same thing, people who are finding success and who will share tips, recipes and support.

I already know that I can not do this alone and, really, I'm not alone because my husband is going to be doing this with me. He's overweight too but not as much as me; however, he has Type II diabetes. We are doing the G.I. Diet because a friend of mine had great success on the diet and it looks like something I can live with. Time will tell I suppose.

I guess I need people around who can remind me that losing 150 pounds is actually possible. I see these people on shows like Oprah who have done it and I'm blown away but I'm always left with ''but is it really possible? could I do it?'' This is where I need encouragement.

I wasn't really sure where to get started here so I figured I'd just introduce myself and go from there.

Here's to hoping that we all are successful and reach our goals!!

Thanks,
Kel
Kel41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #2  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! I have about the same amount of weight to lose! I also think is it really possible!! Good Luck with your weight loss!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #3  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Kel, welcome to the board ! It looks like there is a lot of support and words of encouragement to be had here. We are all on a similar journey and it is great to make friends along the way. Like you I know I can't make this long trip alone, so will be here looking for and providing any support that I can. Good luck with your weight loss!!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:54 AM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome, ladies! Head on over to the highest numbered thread and introduce yourself so all the other gals can meet you.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

I want to welcome everyone to the 300+ group.
YES... it is possible to lose your excess weight and live a fuller , happier life again.
This is not to say we don't have a full life now... nor that we are not happy... but I think we all can agree.... we will be happier and healthier with 150 less pounds to carry around.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #6  

Just wanted to welcome you to the group...I joined back in January...and I adore the ladies here...they know exactly what we go through from day to day...and we're all just a post away = )
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote