Old 04-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #16  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

esmaraude-I was on anti-depressants for several years. They really didn't work, and had some nasty side-effects for me. I tried St. John's wort, but I didn't notice any real difference. My biggest change happened when I switched to a multi-vitamin that had ginko and ginsing in it. I felt like a cloud lifted off my mind. I woke up with energy I hadn't had in years. The ginko helps with the brain, and the ginsing gives energy. If you have blood pressure issues, go for the Siberian Ginsing. It doesn't raise blood pressure like the other forms do. I also take black cohosh everyday. In addition to preventing hot flashes, it is also known to help with depression.

Tip for the day: cinnamon helps to naturally balance your blood sugar. If you have a major sugar slip, throw some cinnamon on top, and you are less likely to have a rebound sugar craving later.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #17  

Ok girls...tomorrow I'm going to pick myself up and start over!!! I'm going to try it on my own for a while and see how it goes I feel like there's a good support group here and reporting to you will hopefully hold me accountable. My goal for the rest of the month is 7 lbs...lets' see if I make it!!!!

Toodles,
Jennifer

Lots2loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Wow! I let 6 other threads pass by before I came back here! Time just flies right by!!

I am NOT even going to try and catch up to everyone!! My mind is too fried right now!

We did finally get the pool installed last week and the water is now crystal clear! We had the water trucked in, it was cheaper than using the hose and getting a drastic water bill next month plus it only took about an hour instead of like 5 or 6 days to fill up. We regulated the ph and all and put the bleach in. Its a chemical free pool so to say. You just have to add a gallon or 2 of bleach each week. Now if the weather would cooperate I would jump in and start my daily exercise!! Its going to rain and/or be cold most of the week! Last week it was in the low 80's!

One other thing going in our household this weekend...we adopted a 6 month old puppy from rescue unit. She is so sweet and laid back! Yet she LOVES to run around the backyard with Andrew. He likes to be chased! Maybe I should get her to chase me around the yard so I can burn some more calories eh? She has all her shots and she was microchipped and spayed! She will probably get to be about 40 lbs tops. She is 25 lbs now and pretty small, just solid! Andrew loves her to death! She lays down right beside whereever you sit. She is laying down right beside the chair I am sitting in now! I love her to death! I think Lucky is relieved now that the boy has another dog to play with. Lucky is 14 years old and very, very tired!! The vet said it won't be long for him. Thats why we decided to get another pup for andrew so he won't take it so hard when Lucky's time comes. He loves his Lucky Dog!

Well, as far as food is going...so so...I still go to the gym 3 days a week. I have no choice..Christy MAKES me go!! She is my mentor! She is a good friend!

OK so I babbled enough for now! I really will try and keep up with you all! But if I don't please bare with me. My girldfriend and her 4 yr old son are coming in 3 weeks, then 2 weeks after that my parents are coming and also John's youngest brother and his brother-in-law are coming to help him extend the deck out and around the pool! Can't wait for that! My parents will have to stay with my sister for that weekend then they will come here for the week. I took a few days off and John is on vacation!

OK OK I'll stop rambling!! Have a great night!

Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #19  

Well ladies, it's been a busy weekend and I've been swamped. But at least I'm out of the funk of Friday and really, the weekend was pretty good, except for the mega cleaning job that I've been doing.

Just have to finish the bathrooms and vacuum and I can't wait to be DONE and packing for Vegas. Tomorrow will be busy. Got to get the boy up and to school and then go BACK to the salon. Got my hair done Thursday but I've decided the color doesn't "POP" like I want it to....so I'm getting more highlights. My stylist is coming in at 8:30 so I can squeeze in before the salon opens and her other customers come. A good stylist is SO good to find! Then I have to get gas and get my oil changed then take the in-laws (Who should arrive at 10) to DS's school and to my friends daughter's school to meet the staff. We also have to get packed and get traveler's checks still. We hope to be out of here by 1:00 or so...going to Kansas City tomorrow night so we don't have to rush to catch the plane at 10 a.m. on Tues. Then it's off the the Land of Elvis and Mega-buffets!

I've tried to be good this weekend, but we ate out yesterday at Red Lobster. Hopefully, the grilled fish and veggies made up for the 2 cheddar bay biscuts. Today we had hamburgers for dinner...which wasn't what I wanted, but it was quick and we REALLY needed quick. At least we grilled them instead of frying them, but still not the best meal. I'm looking forward to eating salad after the way we ate today.

So anyway....I wanted to post a quick HI! I hope you all have a terrific week! I'll miss my daily 3fc fix!

I will try to get back on line tomorrow to say Bye!!! But if I don't:

Bye Y'all! Viva Las Vegas!!!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys... I was here earlier today and wrote a nice long post. Then ZAP ... I was trying to copy it ... and hit DELETE instead. Boy was I mad at myself.
I just signed off. I had put so much time into it. Grrrr

Now it is tornado warnings all around us. The thunder and lightening in here.
I expect to lose electricity any time. Just wanted to say hello before that happens.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:34 AM   #21  
Oooo Silly Me!

Julee – it sounds like yer having a fun weekend! Everythings falling apart!! I got your PM Looking forward to it!

Hippievanlady – Hey that cinnamon tip sounds great! I’ll try that out when I get those low sugar or even sugar cravings! Thanks!

Lots2loose – Good luck! I need to pick myself up as well, especially after tonights dinner.

MichelleK – Its amazing how fast this thread grows huh?? I feel the same way LOL

2cute – be safe! Hopefully the storms will pass you up.

Okie... today I had a moment of weakness. I was feeling lazy and did't want to cook and James didn't want to cook either. We ended up going to a chinese buffet. *GASP* Okie... I pigged out. It's been a long time since I splurged and I get that full feeling and this time it feels icky. I remember when I posted a while back that I was addicted to the full feeling. This time it was the opposite. Hopefully it won't be a big set back. Ugg... Well I won't get depressed about it, that will just make me go look for some pity food. I'm okie *break in -- breath out*

Ni ni everyone!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:38 AM   #22  
N.G.U.N.S.

Hello All,

I'm somewhat new here so I know you guys don't know me but I'm going to just jump right in anyway. One of my goals this year is to try and break out of my shell (fortress is more like it) and make some new friends.

Catherine: Congratulations on breaking through the plateau. Losing weight is hard and you've come such a long way (just looking at your weight tracker) I'm glad you stuck with it and saw it through. Truly inspiring. I'm a confirmed bachalorette although lately I've been having baby pangs. I think it's the spring weather because all I can think about is finding someone to plant seeds with. Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away but in any event keep us updated as to how it works out with the dating service. I may be asking for a referral.

Esmaraude: About a year and a half ago, when I had insurance, I was formally diagnosed with depression and given medication. Celexa. I took it for three weeks. The first two weeks it made me nauseous. The last week was even worse. I couldn't feel. Anything. It was like I was numb. I stopped taking it because not only does it have unhealthy side effects but I decided that I'd rather feel bad than nothing at all. I do notice that whenever I follow a healthy lifestyle (exercise, good diet) I don't suffer depressive episodes as much which makes me think that vitamin deficiency may be part of the cause. Maybe try getting more b-vitamins in your diet. B-vitamins are supposed to be mood enhancers and so is exercising. Keep at it, something is bound to work. Good job on the healthy food choices too. Believe it or not you are becoming stronger.

Today was a good and bad day for me. Good because except for the small caramel, double shot, latte I had, I did a really good job sticking to my healthy diet. Bad because I waited 6 hours to eat between breakfast and lunch and my blood sugar dropped so low I was trembling. However I was at my second job and there was nothing healthy I could eat. Everything had white flour or sugar which would have made it worse so I stuck it out until I could get home. Lesson of the day: Never leave home without packing enough food.

Don't get me started on the issue of spring cleaning. My apartment looks like a tornado swept through. I've been working so much at both jobs that I'm surprised the apartment looks the way it does seeing as I was hardly there. This week is not so hectic so I'll have time to make it sparkly clean.

I sold one of my super short stories to a website. It won't appear in their online 'zine until July. Originally I was going to have them post it under a pen name but I'm going to write them back and have them put it under my real name. It's much harder to convince people you are a published author when it's not your name. :P I'm very happy about it because it's just one more step toward my dream of being able to quit both of my jobs and get paid for doing something I love to do. *yay*

Hugs
Kisha
Sword&Canteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:44 AM   #23  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

I can't believe how quickly these threads are moving lately! It's absolutely wonderful!

Welcome to everyone who's just joining us! You'll find that most of us don't bite , and this really is a great group of people. Take your shoes off and relax - get to know us, and you'll see exactly why people come back on a daily basis.

I'm off to bed shortly, but I just wanted to stop and let you all know that you're all in my thoughts - best wishes to everyone, and especially those who are going through rough times, no matter what it may be. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Andrea, I finished Diets Don't Work last night. It just reinforced my belief that my biggest problem right now is that I don't eat enough, but when I do eat, I have no limits on my portion sizes. I am trying to figure out when I'm truly hungry vs. when I just think I need to eat. Obviously the unmentioned part is that, yes, you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want it, but you have to be able to moderate yourself, rather than go nuts with it. Thanks for recommending the book!

Hopefully everyone's day goes well. I'm working basically the entire next week, Monday through Sunday, with an exception of having Thursday off, so I'll probably be a little slow to get back to everyone. =/

Last edited by brandnewme; 04-11-2005 at 05:48 AM.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #24  

Smile Good morning!

A very birght and good morning to all of you. I don't have time to post a response to everyone this morning, but I wanted to welcome all of the new gal pals to the thread! You have come to the right place!

Terri, This is the second challenge where I haven't made my two lbs. I did lose weight but it was not virgin fat! I am stuck! I think I need some kind of shake up, so today I am trying a different approach. We will see how this works out.

2cute, I sure hope the bad weather passed you by. We are due for more of the same this week also. I don't like bad weather

Leanne, Your response was not more than I wanted to know. LOL! I think it was fantastic! Congrats on the achievement. I looked at the pics. Nice family. Your pictures and accomplisment made me smile too.

Hope you all have a OP (easy) day. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:56 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Don't forget to PM me for any losses to be counted for the 2x2. I am at myself for letting yet another week and another challenge slip by without making progress. I am seriously stuck on this plateau and its really me off. But who's to blame but me?

No time for a post this morning. I have to take my car to the body shop this morning. I'm finally getting it fixed from being rear-ended back in February.

Have a great day.

Oh, I did drag my sorry butt out of bed for exercise this morning. 30 minutes on the spinner and 15 minutes of conditioning.

Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #26  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, all!

A little note about online dating--that's how I met my current boyfriend. Jeff and I have been together for over a year (from the day we met in person, not just online--talked online and on the phone for about 2 or 3 months before we met face-to-face). I had signed up on MatchDoctor.com because it is completely free to search the profiles, post your own profile, and send messages back and forth with people. A lot of them say they are fre but make you pay in order to be able to contact anyone. Of course, after the effort of posting pictures and answering all the questions and stuff, I met Jeff in an AOL Instant Messenger chat room Regardless as to where we met, though, we talked online until he randomly invited me to the zoo with him. I agreed since I figured I had nothing to lose. I had been on 2 dates with guys I met online before, and both were horrible, so I was prepared for rejection. To my surprise, he didn't give me a dirty look, no shudders of disgust, no shock and amazement at my appearance. The trick is to be HONEST from the start (not that I hadn't been honest with the others). I sent him FULL BODY pictures of me, so I knew he knew I was no Barbie doll. There were times in the past where sending those pictures would end even the online relationship before we ever met. It's hard--there are the typical guys who will be jerks no matter how amazing a person you truly are, but the really great ones are the ones worth waiting for. I waited for Jeff, and I am SO glad I did (I was a virgin until shortly after I met him even though I had had opportunities to have sex in college with the kinda-cute drunk guy after a party--ya'll know how it is). The heartbreaks were rough at first, but I have my Jeff now, so it was all worth it in the end. If I had stopped trying to meet someone after the first one or two devastations, I would probably be alone forever.

Okay, so I guess that wasn't really a "little note"...sorry bout that
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:50 AM   #27  

Good morning everyone...just thought I would catch up a little and gush a little...I went shopping this weekend at Old Navy helping my best friend pick out some stuff and I was content just looking until I wandered over to the women's section (I don't usually, I figure that I shouldn't tease myself with stuff I can't wear) ...so not only did he get the wonderful experience of picking up clothes and buying them and not having to order online or got to big and tall store, but I bought an XL t-shirt and those never fit around my birthin' hips and I also bought and wore a SZ 20 skirt...yes still take a 24 in jeans and it is a drwastring and flowy...but it fit and looked good...I just about cried...I have never been able to buy anything except mens clothes at old navy and I am so excited about it!!! Here is the skirt I bought below.

esmaraude and MissMeliss- Do either of you have a deviantart account...if so I would love to see it. Oh and Esmaraude...I tried some St. John's wort and it made me soooo dizzy and made my heart race...I thought for sure that my fat butt was about to stroke out. So if you try it...you might want to increase slowly to the normal dosage and let your body adjust

SueMarie- why do those relatives seem to drop in when you need them around the least...errrrr...

Lots2loose-7lbs is totally do-able...and I am here for ya!!

MichelleK- ohhhh I want a puppy sooo bad, but I have a tiny house and too many hours at work to be a good puppy "mom"

Lilion-ugh don't remind me...I have to get the house cleaned and looking human before I leave this weekend.

Sword&Canteen- but learning from the food mistakes is key...now you know to pack that extra little snack...I bring an extra piece to work every day...just in case I need it there...or if I have to run a billion errands afterwards...it keeps me going cuz I am pretty used to eating every 3 hours now. What type of stories do you write?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ona292243-01p1.jpg (11.2 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by theotherjen; 04-11-2005 at 09:57 AM.
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:52 AM   #28  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Kids nowadays are having sex in their early teens...it is frightening. I was 22...so I was waaaaay older than the typical person...haha. But I didn't need that added stress in my life...I'm a hypocondriac as it is...LOL.

TheOtherJen - I don't have a deviant account, mostly because I don't even think I have enough pictures to bother uploading...lol...for now I just experiment...I may stary making some more though, and when I do I can post them here.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #29  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I bit the bullet and shopped for tops yesterday. WhooHoo I'm in a 2X (26-28) in shirts. Probably not in blouses yet, darn buttons. Got 4 cute summery tops in Wally World for $8.88 each. Can't beat that!

Also got on the scale this AM and I'm thinking maybe it had a brain on Sat. because all six of the new lbs. are gone. Some of it may have been water but Not all of it. Phew!

I'm not changing my sig. til Sat. my usual w/i day.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:27 PM   #30  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Can't stay long. Taxes, Seminars, and Customers! Oh My!

Just wanted to stop in and say hey. I won't be able to post for the next week or so. Too much stuff going on.

My boss was transferred to Nashville on Thursday so trying to get taxes straightned out so we can figure out how to get them down there .

See ya later

Scoot
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote