Old 04-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#690

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:45 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, Melissa: I read your note to stop posting, then went to dinner, and came back and there still wasn't a new thread so I started one. I'm guessing you just forgot to start the new one so here ya go.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh my gosh, I swear I'm such a bonehead sometimes...I intended to start that new thread, I have NO idea what happened,

I must have got sidetracked or something
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:17 PM   #4  

Hi everyone...been a little rough around here. I am just checking in.
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #5  

Default 300+ and ready to try again....#690

Hi everyone,

I am sure my story is like most of yours. I am currently about 335....not too happy about it either. I went to get my foot xrayed because I thought I broke a bone, and the 2 places I went to could not xray me because their tables only held up to 300 pounds. (I know I can find a plact to get it done, but you can imagine the psychic energy involved)

I am shooting to get below 300. How do you make up one of those weight loss lines?

I am willing to buddy up if anyone is interested. I am a 49yo single mother, working full time.

Thanks for being there.

Rosie
rosiecorolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Jeez, I think I missed about 10 threads on here while I was gone...

I have been insanely busy with the 2 jobs and the new gym and the flying to CT for funeral services and the friend coming to visit me this weekend and the boyfriend's birthday coming up next weekend and the 2 people planning weddings who keep asking me questions...oi vei!

Welcome Rosie! Everyone here is great for support and ideas and suggestions and inspiration and just about anything else you need! Don't take me as an example, though--I have been trying to get below 300 since January (I started at 310.5), so I'm not exactly cruisin' along, but many others on here certainly are.

Well, I packed almost 1500 calories worth of food for me to eat throughout the day for tomorrow. Hopefully, I will have time to fit it all in (I hate the thought of possibly not losing weight because I'm not eating enough calories!). I often find myself missing 1 or 2 snacks, though, because of my schedule, so I end up eating up to a few hundred calories less than anticipated. Guess I just have to get used to snacking every hour and a half at my first job.

I apologize for not having time to go back and read all that I missed this past week--I do think of you guys and hope you are all doing well!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Rose - Welcome to the group! Ouchy about the foot. I broke a bone last year and it wasn't fun - although I did get into coming home and putting my feet up at night! Have you tried a podiatrist? The one I went too had x-ray stuff I had to stand on. Good luck!

I had a frustrating night out at the horses so I'm in a cranky mood. I won't bore you with the details.

Well, its official. The project that has made work life pure He!! for almost a year is finally a deal. Our company has been sold to an investment company out of San Francisco. This is a good thing because had this deal not happened, our current parent company would have absorbed a lot of our support departments and we would have probably lost our jobs. Now we just have the pressure of pulling ourselves back as a separate company so lots of work ahead.

I'm headed off to bed. DH has golf on TV so its not improving my mood.

Goodnight!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #8  

Rosie~ To get one of the weight loss lines just click on one. Go thru the set up...after making the code, cut and paste it into your signature and then you're all set! See? wasn't that easy?

I hurt my foot also rosie, I gained a lot of weight, walking lopsided lead to back problems. So I've been to that part of town, if you know what I mean.

I started at 367 (but I count it as 362) and I'm about 359 now.

We have bi-weekly two by two challenges where we commit ourselves to losing 2 pounds in two weeks.

I think we're in the middle of one right now, but that doesn't mean you can't contribute your weightloss when the deadline comes up!

Nice to meet you.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Just want to say what fun the chat was.To all who joined us, and for those who couldn't, PM me with the times you are available and would like to chat. I'll try to work out a schedule of times that would be good for several of us.

Last edited by ageoldie; 04-04-2005 at 11:14 PM.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #10  

Did anyone notice we skipped 690?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:44 PM   #11  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I heart 690

Yeah..what happened to 690???

Welcome Rosie and all other new chickies who have come in since I last posted. I herniated a disc in my back a few years back and when they tried to give me an MRI I almost got stuck. Incidentally the Open MRI really helped my back..but that is another story.

So last time I posted I was mid-thought but BF got here and I had to go. Then I couldn't remember what I wanted to say so I was waiting or the thought to come back...well I found it.

So last week I very unexpectedly got contacted through one of those Classmate/Reunion websites by my former best friend. We were the best of friends from the time we were in the 7th grade until we are about 24, when we had a really lousy falling out. In short, I got tired of defending her to my friends, I finally saw her for who she was and what she was, and I got tired of her walking all over me. She moved out of our apartment and screwed me on a bunch of bills and her parting shots were so cruel and so hurtful...for the first time ever she flat out judged me for my weight and my appearance. It hurt.

So all of a sudden here she is again in my life. There is a part of me that has missed her horribly because we did have some great times together. We also had some horrible times together. Now she has been married twice, has a fairy tale life, gorgeous kids, money, her looks (as she always did) and everything else she always wanted. But she obsesses on what she has...and now that she has sent me pictures of her and her kids (that she offered..I didn't ask) she is nagging me to no end about wanting to see pictures of me. I probably weigh 50-70 lbs more than I did when last I saw her. I don't know if I can deal with being judged again. I don't think I can trust her. But on the other hand...people come into your life for a reason..I'm just trying to figure out what the reason is for this appearance.

Anyways...enough of my turn on the couch. It's not that my life sucks so bad. I am happy, have made a serious commitment to my health and wellness, very much in love with a good man who loves me for me, have a great job that I love, am a part of a super community, and am very much at peace...why does it bother me so much then?

OK...enough for tonight...I'm off and running. It's just very interesting when you suddenly find yourself back on memory lane.

Night Night...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, I PM'd the answer to the thread numbers to Shop, but apparently everyone is going to want to know so here's the answer:

When Rosie posted, she started a new numbered thread instead of a generic one (or posting TO a numbered thread) so I tried to merge the two threads together. Well, I couldn't remember how to do it right so instead of merging them into 690, it merged them into 691. But if you look at the intro, IT still says 690. It's just on the main page where it says 691. Sooooo, whoever starts the next thread can either make a second 691 (which BTW will totally confuse any new people we get) OR you can start 692 and we'll just PRETEND that 690 exists somewhere in cyberspace. OK????
Old 04-04-2005, 11:54 PM   #13  

Julee, I had an open MRI. It was surprisingly pleasant even though the top looks really close to your face. I kept putting my hand up to touch the ceiling of it...just to make sure there was room.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:45 AM   #14  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

sooooooooo sleepy...just popping in before i head to bed...i've been doing lame online quizes for some mystery shops...GOD those things are tedious...I had to answer a 38 question "exam" on a bunch of dunkin donut shops I'll be doing..they asked me things like what the appropriate attire is for management at BASKIN ROBBINS (owned by same parent company)...or MANAGEMENT vs. REGULAR EMPLOYEES at Togos or Dunkin Donuts or Baskin Robbins or combined ones..gahhh...it took me FOREVER to get the things right cause each question had multiple answers, ergo mutliple MULTIPLE possibilities.

whew. anyways, i just wanted to say have a great day everyone!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 07:33 AM   #15  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Mornin' everyone. Getting ready for work, but I wanted to stop in and say hello since I've been somewhat MIA. Lots of family stuff going on, so I've struggled as of late, but getting back on track again!

Rosie, welcome! This is truly a great group of people. You'll find the support you need without a doubt. Ouch about the foot.. my sympathies.

Jilly, sounds like things have been pretty hectic. Hopefully it will slow down soon!

Terri, hope today goes better for you!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote