Old 03-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #16  

Default Stormy weather!

Hi all, I don't know about where you live, but here in the South we have been having some heavy thunderstorms today. This is the first chance I have had to come in and see if we were back up and running.

Our children are all grown and out on their own so I didn't have the Easter candy to contend with that a lot of you did. (thank goodness) I have been OP for the last few days. Hopefully that will continue!!!

2cute, I did see that you were up and posting also. I think that we were posting at the same time. I can't even claim to be a night owl though, because sometimes I have already slept and got up again. I have a very crazy sleep pattern going on. You might find me here at any hour of the night or day.

This is going to be short because the thunder is getting close again, I hate stormy weather, especially when they have predicted tornados being a possibility. That is our forecast for the time being and into tomorrow. If I don't get blown away I will see all of you in the morning hours. Have a good night all. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #17  

Smile

Happy Easter Ladies!

Hope all of you who celebrate such things are having a lovely holiday and those who don't are having a lovely weekend! I'm so glad the board is back. I missed you ladies yesterday!

Meliss: Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Judy: Hooray for your loss! Back on track!

Julee: I agree with you 100%. When we eat too many fajitas [ahem..] we have to just get right back on track the next meal. (Actually, I ate the rest of the fajitas we brought home and froze last night...and felt quite good about it!)

I've been busy today working on my low-fat Easter meal. I'm making a turkey breast instead of ham. I've caluclated the points in my butter and garlic flavored (instant) potatoes that DH loves so. I'm making a sweet potato/apple dish and steamed veggies. And Salad, of course. Lots of variety with few points....and we're being really good before dinner. I also made a 4 pt fat free chocolate pudding pie for dessert! Yum! I'm looking forward to dinner!

Haven't exercised today, but may take the dog for a walk later. I have office work I brought home I should probably get to first...and laundry, and some home repairs we keep putting off. Probably too much for one day!

Ah well, if it doesn't get done...tomorrow is another day.

Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #18  

Was so close to breaking diet on Saturday. So stressed. Tremendous DRAMA with sister who I am NEVER TALKING TO AGAIN (She and her drama is the most common reason for me breaking my diet)...anyway, I persevered and did NOT break my diet.

Yay me! One day at a time!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #19  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic
Was so close to breaking diet on Saturday. So stressed. Tremendous DRAMA with sister who I am NEVER TALKING TO AGAIN (She and her drama is the most common reason for me breaking my diet)...anyway, I persevered and did NOT break my diet.

Yay me! One day at a time!

YOU GO GIRL! {{{hugs}}}

One day at a time! and that's the truth.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #20  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good for you, Rachel. Does anybody else slack a bit on their programs when the weekend comes, or is it just me? maybe I should modify this behavior????
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #21  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I was going through withdrawals. I'm glad the web faries got done quicker than they thought they would. Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it, Happy belated Purim for our Jewish sisters.

I have been amazed lately about how long things last when you only eat one portion at a time. I have a box of low- cal pancake mix that I've had for 2 months, and it is still half full. I like to make it on Sunday mornings. I tell myself that this makes up for the increased cost of the groceries I now buy.

I weighed in today and am down another 2 pounds. Another week where I ate in the 1750 range, and was convinced therefore, that I wouldn't be able to lose weight. My brain keeps wanting to go back to 1200 a day no matter how many weeks that I didn't lose or actually gained on 1200. I remember someone telling me that addiction is like walking down a street with an open man hole. Even though you keep falling in, you keep going down the same street convinced that you won't fall down the hole this time. Eventually you start walking down another street. I trying to stay on the safer street, but that open man hole calls to me.

Shop-I also have family issues. In my case, it is my mother that I have had to break off contact with. I won't make you endure the story, but lets just say that I have never been or done what she wanted or expected. I got stuck on that whole "honor your father and mother" thing, until a priest told me that God only expects that if your mother and father are "honorable." The devil can work through just about anyone. This has been so hard, my mom is 82 years old, but I knew that I had no chance of getting my life back with her constant sabotaging. I told my youngest brother that a person doesn't get to be 600 pounds by accident. He's been supportive, and I haven't talked to her since Halloween. I don't know right now if I will be healthy enough or strong enough to have a relationship with her in the near future. I'm taking it one day at a time. I have even accepted the posibility that she may pass away before I am ready. For the first time in my life, I am making myself my first priority. Give yourself permission to do the same.

Catherine
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:54 PM   #22  
I want my two dollars!!!

Hi gals!
Well, I'll admit it.... I ate horribly this weekend. Well, probably not as bad as I think I did. I went over calories yesterday but today I skipped lunch b/c I knew a big dinner was coming. And looking at my journal, it could have been a LOT worse. Anyways, it was a tiring weekend and I'm really looking forward to the summer and a chance to take some sort of trip (even for a weekend) to get out of the house! Ugh.

Not much else to talk about, but I am reading everyone's posts and keeping up with things. Happy Ostara!
Julie
Loki's Concubine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:21 PM   #23  

Thanks all for the support. I was pleasantly surprised to see this back up.

Catherine: Like Maggie said in Million Dollar Baby, "trouble in my family comes by the pound."

My sister is just a leech, constant drama, and she calls me to unload her every problem, but won't listen to mine. She treats me like I'm her slave just because I do stuff for her, and she talks down to me like I'm sh!t even though I'm prettier (even fat I am), I have more money than her, I have a more stable life, and I have a better man. That could be why she does it.

Melissa, I find myself wanting to do that. I didn't use to when I had myself on a rather ****-ish diet of 1,200 calories, but I've found that I find the requirement of 1,800-2,000 an excuse to eat out...and then sometimes it even goes as far as "I don't know how many calories is in {insert food here} and I don't know how to find out...so I'm not going to count it, and if I'm not counting it, I might as well break my diet. But this only happens on weekends. I am thankful for the various fast food chains (despite being my vice) that they have provided websites for me to get nutritional info from: to keep my self to being true to my calorie count, even if I'm eating horrible food. It's when I go to restaraunts that I find I'm lax. Shame on me. Thankfully, I'm finding more and more excuses NOT to break my diet. And tell myself some sort of tough love everyday to keep me focused.

That being said....I'm going out tommorrow and Friday for my birthday, and will be breaking my diet (but I'll make sure I'll eat only good, low fat low calorie foods before I splurge for my birthday), Saturday I'm also going out, but to be good I'm having...."Subway!"

I know, I know bad me! But darn it, I promise I'll be perfect as a choir girl after that.

Also, maybe to redeem myself I'll um...make sure I exercise everyday. A little something even if it's just 15 minutes of weights this week
Old 03-27-2005, 09:02 PM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! Glad we're back up and running.

Happy Holiday everyone!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #25  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello ladies...

I sowwie I been away the last two weeks. I had finals come up and I pretty much hunkered down and hid in the campus library. I also had my hands tied with a new member in my family. Let me introduce Heidi:

I've been really swamped... but classes are over now at least for a week... sigh. I've been doing well tho, before I left I was down to 355lbs. I'm at 353lbs now. At least when I weighed myself Saturday morning. I've been so tired lately... basically I would get up at 8am, go to work, then I head to lass after work and then I would be in class til 7pm. Then on my off days I would be attempting to finish my projects and lesson plans. I'm only 3-4 more terms away, and I'm getting burnt out already. So I pretty much spent most of my time trying to catch up on sleep and family business.

I've been bad at keeping up with my water intake tho...but I've been working on it.

I'm working on an Easter basket right now for when Brit gets home from her mothers. James and I got her a really cute chocolate easter bunny.

I hope everyone is having a good Easter!

Take care...
Sue...

PS

The two cats are Mali (Brown Tabby) and Sasha (White and Black).
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #26  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Talking Recommitment to ME

Hey Thinthinker
Thanks for emailing me. So here I am, just wanted to wave hello and to let you all know that I am making a recommitment to me. I will exercise 3 times this week, and I will do my homework, I will put my health above all because my family needs me. And the most important, I will stop by often for your support and to give support when I can. So to all who stayed strong this weekend and to the rest of us We can do this.
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:07 PM   #27  
I want my two dollars!!!

OMG Sue, Heidi is adorable!!! I'm frightened for her tho, because it looks like the cats could eat her if they took the notion! ACK! hehe. Glad to see that she found a good home and will be loved.

Julie
Loki's Concubine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #28  

Heidi IS adorable Sue, but you're so strikingly and prominently beautiful. What lovely feautures you have!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #29  
working off those pounds

Man, I know what it's like to be bombarded with school work like that...and to have to balance out working full time AND count calories and worry about exercise...gah there's a reason why the average person gains 15 pounds in college...or 100 *ehem*

Joanne you should come around more often, it's nice to see you.

Rachel - I ALWAYS go to those food chain web sites and look up nutritional info...when I'm being good that is. Once in a while I'll indulge on crap i really don't need, and i KNOW it's really bad for me, but i'd rather not look at the caloric value. This weekend I was pretty much off program, but i'm pretty sure what i ate will maintain my weight, and not allow me to gain.

well it's past my bedtime, g'night all!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #30  
working off those pounds

STOP!! Do not post here, come join us at the next numbered thread, #684!!!