Old 03-24-2005, 01:20 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up 300+ and Ready to try again ... #681

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #2  

Hi Ladies.

I am getting a quick post in since I am awake after midnight.
I actually miss going to bed early. This will be short and I am going to try and get there soon. I think the American Idol mess up kept me up later to do my voting.
I think the votes will change overall because of it... I know I could not get in as often... so my count will be different.

I have not read the last two threads. But I did see that our beloved TINA is back.
WELCOME HOME TINA !!! You have got to quit leaving us. We miss you !!!!

I know we have some newcomers too. WELCOME !!!!!!
This is a great place to call home. We are happy to have you join us.

My food is going pretty good. No complaints.
My water is going good too.
My committment is STRONG !!!!

On a different topic.... my daughter is coming home from Michigan TODAY !!!
I can't wait !!! She will be home until Sunday afternoon. I am sooo happy to have her home again. We have every moment planned. I will try to check in while she showers or naps or talks to other family members... but I am going to get as much of her as I can while I can.

BarbPA... I had to laugh. I too drove a Nissan Maxima.
First I had a 1993... six years later I bought a 1999.
Now six years later I got a Nissan Murano.
I know you asked me a question about it... but I don't remember what the question was. Can you ask me again ?? Or send it PM.
I am still praying for your success in April but if anything changes on your IVF process ... please be sure to come join us at the Spring Fling. It won't be the same without you... or anyone from last year.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a blessed Easter.
Please don't fall victim to candy.
Don't throw away what you want the MOST... for what you want at the moment.
HANG IN THERE !!!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:42 AM   #3  

Been back Op for the past two days after 3 days worth of setback....I'm proud. Now that I'm used to the lower calories I'm looking into ways to get less sodium. (Canned soups and frozen dinners (WW, Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice) usually have a lot from what I know and that's just not good.) Does anyone know how much sodium is healthy for a person? Maybe I should be posting this in the dieting with health problems since it's a high blood pressure issure.

Meliss~ Oh! LOL I'm glad I was like, whoa! That's low.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 03:08 AM   #4  

I almost forgot.
Happy Birthday Hippievanlady/Catherine !!! :

Old 03-24-2005, 05:22 AM   #5  

Good morning chickies, Coming here is the best tonic in the whole wide world! Honest, even when things are not going well in the Caloric world, this is still the best place to be. I will tell you why I have been struggling with getting back on program 100%, as I told you yesterday, but when I can come here--- fess up--- and know that you all "get it" It really does help to get me back in the groove.

Catherine, Happy birthday,

Today I will be OP. That is a promise to myself
Everybody have a super day! Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Geez, I missed a whole thread yesterday. I chose to be lazy last night.

Happy Birthday Catherine!

I'm off work today and tomorrow. DH's school is on spring break so we're going to spend some time together. And I plan on spending a considerable amount of time out with the horses. Since I made plans to be outside as much as possible - its raining.

I have decided to switch to WW Core. I printed out the food lists yesterday so I'll get two weeks worth of menus worked up this weekend. I checked out the site more and I can journal what I need to in the notepad area. Plus I figured out that activity points count on that plan too. My goal will be to do one week of total Core foods. We have a wedding on 4/2 and then maybe do another week of total Core foods.

TOM is jacking with me. As I gained weight, my cycle went almost non-existent. The doc gave me meds to make it happen and she agreed that the weight was causing hormone imbalance. Now as I lose weight, it became regular and now as I've lost more, it is on a schedule all its own. Almost make a gal wish for menopause. I said ALMOST!

We have a bunch of errands this morning so I better get around and doing something.

I think the dog is having emotional issues because I have been so off schedule with walking him at night. He got up in the middle of the night and chewed up a sponge. He's four years old and never chewed stuff up. Lately, he's eaten a WW treat stick and paper. He gets towels down and I find them in the floor. Must be bored. He's laying in the floor now like a dead walrus.

Okay, ladies, make this another day of CHOICE!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Shopaholic--I'm not sure if this goes along with diesting, but I know on the label of a can of chili I was looking at yesterday, it had 1200mg of sodium and said that was 50% of the recommended daily allowance based on a 2000-calorie diet. Therefore, I would assume that 2400 is the appropriate amount for 2000 calories. That's at least a beginning guideline...can be adjusted depending on if you are eating more or fewer calories than 2000. Hope that helps

I am SO tired! And so far behind with all these posts! There is absolutely no way I can keep up with everybody and reply to everyone all the time--sorry guys, there's only so much time I have to devote to 3FC now that I leave the house at 5:30am and don't get home till 11pm every Monday-Thursday.

I went to my new gym yesterday--it is so nice and big! There are like 20 eliptical machines (my favorite), so I should always be able to snag one. I haven't really exercised in over 6 months, so I tried to not do too much yesterday. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical and 20 on a recumbent bike. For most of my time on the eliptical, my heart rate was around 180, and on the bike around 150. Then I had to shower, change, and head to job #2. I didn't have any time to eat in between the gym and my shift at the restaurant, so I guess I will have to cut my 50-minute workout down to only about 40 minutes so I can chug some dinner before my shift. I need to make sure I am taking in enough calories with 40-50 minutes of cardio and running around a restaurant for 7 hours each day. I only had about 1350-1400 yesterday, so I will aim for a bit more today.

Well, time to get moving on this whole work thing--guess I should maybe consider doing what they pay me for Hugs all around--have a great day (almost Friday, and the holiday's almost here so think happy Springy thoughts!!)!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday, dear Catherine!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! And many more!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #9  

Happy Birthday Catherine!!! I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #10  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Catherine!!!

Last year I decided to try Guy pants because girls size pants are expensive and don't really fit me good. So I started wearing guy pants. So I ordered a pair of Navigator Pants from JCPenney I even went brave and got a size 46 instead of a 48 and BAM THEY FIT. I finally went down a size. I was dancing in my pants all night last night

Just had to let you know!!

Scoot
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:13 AM   #11  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Catherine!!!!

Last edited by MissMeliss; 03-24-2005 at 10:17 AM.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #12  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, held out until dinner last night and didn't overeat there. It was about 10 pts. I actually ended up having another snack before bed, because I was STILL HUNGRY! But still stayed OP for the day, with points to spare. Then DH and I went to the Y to play "racketball". They didn't have an open court, so we went to Wal-Mart and bought me a cheap racket and some balls and while there did the Easter basket thing for DS.

DS is almost 10 and caught me red-handed playing tooth fairy this summer and has been on me ever since about Santa and the Easter Bunny. The last time he asked I said, "Do you honestly believe a RABBIT hops all over the world hiding painted eggs?" He said, "no". I said, "there you go then, but I'm sticking to my story on Santa." He just shook his head! He's been a late bloomer where this is concerned, but I know he knows that it's not real. Wonder why he wants me to say it so bad??? Anyway, I asked him if this meant he was too old for an Easter basket now. He was pretty adament that it didn't! So, the house is full of candy but I made sure we only bought candy I'm not particularly fond of.

Anyway, after the shopping we went back to the Y and got a court and played for 40 minutes. DH says I did much better last night. Not that I don't still suck! But you know, this is the first cardio type exercise I've ever liked.

I enjoy lifting weights. I don't mind yoga/streching type stuff. But I hate treadmills, stationary bikes, steppers and stuff like that. I don't like walking the track (around and around and around). I don't even like walking outdoors when you're actually going somewhere! I don't care for sports like basketball or baseball. But I'm loving the racketball thing...not that I have a clue what I'm doing! Maybe it's just being locked in a little room with DH? Nah...I do that every night! But I'm quite sure I've finally found a type of exercise I can live with.

So, today I'm thankful for Racketball! A sport I actually enjoy messing around with!

Catherine! Happy Birthday to you! And many more!

Angela: It's not so hard dealing with folks that hate me...I have all kinds of juicy threats I can use to get them to behave. And even though I actually don't have much power, they don't know that. It's good to be the !

It's weigh in day today, so I'm sure I'll be posting later with results! In the meantime, duty calls!

Later, ladies!

Lilion

Last edited by Lilion; 03-24-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:21 AM   #13  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hey Catherine .......

ALL THE BEST WISHES FOR YOU ON YOUR

BIRTHDAY!!!!

j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #14  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHERINE!!!
Yay for a good WI...last week I was so down over gaining .1...and this week it went away along with 3 more...so I'm down to 287

Thin...I didn't think you were slighting me...Passover isn't for another month..I still have time before a full blown panic sets in But THANK YOU for such a great list.

I don't remember who asked about sodium...my doctor put me on a low sodium last January because of HPB. I was told not to exceed 1000 mg of sodium per day. I almost had a meltdown. I have never ben one for salting my food in the first place, but when I strated reading labels and seeing how much sodium was in certain foods...it was mind-boggling. Plus I was looking for low-sodium and BF was looking for diabetic-friendly..and sometimes they were not the same foods. The foods that saved me in the end were plain almonds, frosted mini-wheats, carrots and celery. Celery does have a lot of natural sodium but it is still a very good food for that purpose. In the end I sort of let it all fall by the wayside, but it is my hope that losing weight will bring my BP back to normal and eliminate the need for a specifically low-sodium diet.

So...yay...I lost 3.1...which means I made the 2x2 again

Starting tonight is the Jewish holiday of Purim...a very festive holiday. It celebrates yet another time when someone tried to kill off the Jews in ancient history..and their plans were foiled. The traditional Purim food is cookies called Hamentaschen, which are 3-cornered cookies filled with some sort of fruit filling. It is also traditional for people to send gifts to each other called Mishloach Manot. They can be anything really, as long as they include some sort of food and other things. I received a package of these from a number of people at the synagogue, and I returned the entire bag for them to use for someone else (it was all candy and stuff like that). I'm trying to just avoid the temptation of having these things around.

Sunday will be crazy though...while all of you are celebrating easter, we will be having our annual Purim carnival, for which I am the mistress-of-ceremonies/DJ. It's a really good time and it keeps me somewhere that I don't have to worry too much about being tempted by all the junk food and whatnot.

I feel like I had wanted to respond to someone else..and I don't remember who...waaaaaaah. Oh well...off to work soon for a loooooooong day. Such is my life during the holidays. Oh and I somehow need to come up with a costume for tomorrow night...yeah...right.

Oh....last night at WW, we talked about special occasions again, and Michelle (fearless leader) talked about how we will use any excuse to overeat and then instead of taking the responsibility, we blame to food and the day...she has a point.

Determined...I've been doing Core the whoe time now...if you have any questions, please ask!!! I've been really happy and have found a lot of stuff to eat.

Sorry to all who are complaining about TOM problems...but it does make me feel like what I have been enduring is more "normal."

Happy Thursday again....GO BO!!!!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #15  

Shopaholic... I too have high blood pressure and need to watch my sodium. I have not used a salt shaker in many many years... except for popcorn.
Basicly you have to avoid anything in a can. LOL I will tell you that drinking LOTS of water helps keep you flushed out. If you retain water the best solultion is MORE water.

Iwillbe.. I agree .... this place is great to get your recommitted.
It has helped to learn that a slip is not a permanent damage.

Terri... enjoy your time with hubby and your four legged babies.
We used to say your "girls" but now you got "boys". LOL
I have missed a few threads... do you still have Ginger ???

Jill... you are such a go getter. You put me to shame. I am going to have to get my butt in gear.

Scooter... congratulations on your new pant size.
I dug out two pair of pants that I could not wear this morning myself.
They fit great as long as I don't sit down. But hey... before I couldn't zip them.

Melissa ... You didn't write anything to reply to ... but after teasing you the other day I figured I better at least say hello.

Lilion... When my son kept asking me about Santa ... I kept telling him .."You really don't want to know". LOL He kept saying yes he did and I finally broke down and told him point blank. He sat there silent ....... and then said..... "I wish you didn't tell me".
Congrats on finding a form of exercise you enjoy. That is the secret to success.

J-ann, theotherJen, Thin... hello to all of you too.

I am busy busy busy getting ready for my daughter... only 6.5 hours until she will be HOME.

Julee.. I had to come back and say hello to you too. You posted while I was writing. Hopefully noone posted while I am editing. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-24-2005 at 11:17 AM.