Old 03-14-2005, 01:14 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#672

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:10 AM   #2  

Quote:
Shopaholic - WELCOME!!! I'm still somewhat a newbie too hehe. I do like it here and the people are great so I'm sure you'll feel right at home. And can I just tell you that you have the absolute most gorgeous eyes!! I'm jealous. heh.
Thanks hippie goddess. I'm so pleased to hear that!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone else who gave calorie count advice in the previous thread. I think I'll go for 1800 when I exercise, and 1500 days I don't. Thank you so much.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:21 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I'm really ticked at myself right now. I have an envelope here....somewhere....that I need to work my jobs tomorrow and I can't for the life of me find it. If my house weren't such a mess, perhaps I would find it, but hence, that is NOT the case! I've decided that taking a break from looking might give me new perspective. Yeah, right!

Shopaholic: How did your fancy function go today? Did you decide to eat something before you went to help curb your appetite?

Leanne: I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I can't imagine trying to raise 4 kids without a dad around. I'm sure that you're better off without HIM, but still.........an extra responsible adult in the equation always helps. Please don't feel bad about coming here to talk. I know it's not like have a girlfriend to sit at the table and have coffee with, but we will listen, and some of us will even offer advice! *Congrats on the loss. Yes, it is a shame that the numbers have so much control over us. But I haven't found any way to fix that.

Mama: I'm glad to hear that your hubby is back to employed. I'm sure that's a real good thing with 4 little ones. I'm guessing your two older children are some help around the house. I can't imagine trying to move. I'd love to, but I can't imagine packing and moving again. Especially when my legs and back are not cooperating so well lately. *Don't worry about doing individual replies. It takes awhile to get that down and it's hard, even for us oldies to do it all the time.

2cute: I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. [[[hugs]]]. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you. This isn't going to be easy.

Iwillbe: Good job on the 3 pounds! That's great. *sorry to hear you've got computer problems. Mine's been doing silly stuff too. I've got a techie son, but I hate to ask him about it....he works so hard and odd hours.

Julee: Unfortuneately, I've heard of lots of women who dump their significant others when they lose their weight. But I think they probably had troubles with their relationships to begin with and then the extra attention once they're thinner just goes to their head. I'm with Hilta. One man in a lifetime is ENOUGH!!!!

Synn: Hope the interview went well and your BF will be employed again real soon. *Good for you getting right back OP!

Judy: What a beautiful picture you painted. I envy the deer in the backyard. When my folks retired they built a place in northern Michigan and you could sit there in the morning having breakfast and see the deer in the backyard. My BIL and SIL have a place even further north and there you get real treat because you get to see ek. I never really realized how BIG they were in comparison until we saw elk standing next to deer in their backyard.

Nursie: Welcome to our little corner of the world. We're glad to have you joining us. It's great that you've done so well so far. The best being that your blood sugars are getting back down.

Lilion: I was thinking the same thing. Last weekend the threads were real slow, this weekend it's busier than ever. Guess it just depends on who's in town.

Michelle: I'm glad you had such a good time skating. I bet Andrew was impressed with his mommy! And you're right, that is good exercise. And I bet they have roller skating parties a couple of times a year, so you'll get pretty good at it.

Melissa: It's only really been the "reward" shops that have been disappointing. I swear sometimes I think I have "mystery shopper" stamped on my forehead I get such good service!!!

mnemsyne: That's really great that you're helping out with people's taxes. It's always so rewarding to volunteer and with your expertice it's really great that you're able to do that.

Jill: Hope the retraining went well. I'm sure you just fell right back in step. * I love PF Changs. I had my first taste of it at Spring Fling I last year.

Hilta: How's your weather? It's been fairly nice by day and cold by night. Got snow a couple of nights this past week, but by mid-day it was all gone again.

Catherine: What a sleaze!!! OMG!!! I was involved with a trial recently. I was supposed to be a witness, but then they didn't need me so I went and listened to closing arguments. I was sooooo ticked by what one of the defense attorneys said. It was the civil case of a teacher who molested 3 little girls in my school district. I was a school board member back in the day when the Superintendent ignored advice not to transfer this teacher into the elementary school. I was party to a conversation that was important to the case. It was awful to hear this attorney say that she didn't even know why her client was there, it certainly wasn't HIS fault. *gag me* Anyway, the bottom line is the jury thought he was guilty, along with the school district and two other administrators to the tune of 2.1 million dollars!!!! Yay, justice!!!!

Tracy: Glad you checked in. Wouldn't want to see you disappear again.

Loki: I'm glad that you and the rest of your friends are getting on with the business of getting healthier. We have to learn to get rid of all the negative influences in our lives so that we can be successful.

Ooooo, Ooooo, I just took a break to go up and pee and when I came back in the office, there was the envelope I was looking for! I knew coming here to talk to all of you was a GOOD idea!!!! Now, where was I????

Jilly and Shop: WW allows 30-34 "points" for 300-324 pounds. That equates to 1650-1850 calories. So many people experience a slow down with their weightloss because they don't eat enough. It's hard to really grasp that concept sometimes, especially when you're in a restaurant and people around you are watching what you eat!!!

Melissa: If you go to your "user CP", go to "edit signature" and you'll see all the html codes for the signature that you've chosen. If you look closely, you'll see the codes for your tracker. Look for the weight that you currently have listed in your siggy and just change THAT number within the code. Hit "save signature" and your tracker should come up updated.

Terri: How'd the visit with the lawyer go this week? Hope it went fine and you're not too stressed. [[[Hugs]]]

Barbg: How's business? Hope you guys are getting back on your feet. [[[Hugs]]] to you too.

BarbPA: You should be back from your cruise. I hope you and Jeff are all refreshed and ready to tackle the world again. [[[HUGS]]]

Angela: How's the professor doing? Hope you had a nice weekend. Time to get back in here.

~Kerri~: You popped in briefly the other week and then haven't been back. You still lurking around here?

CD: Are you back from your folks yet? Time to get back to school work and back in here to see your friends.

Scooter: When are you due back from your brother's? I'm thinking it was today. Hope you had a great time.

Esmaraude: Weekend's over, girlfriend. Time to get back in here and on track.

Huggy: You still hanging out lurking. Come on, girl. Back with the program.

Marcie: What about you? We haven't seen you in quite awhile. You just fell off the face of the Earth. Stop by and let us know you're ok.

Ruby: How bout you? We haven't had a nice long post from you in some time.

Now, I knew I was going to be in trouble when I started this list because I would leave out some. I haven't left you out intentionally, believe me. I miss all our old friends. It's hard sometimes to figure out whether people are still lurking and therefore would be happy to see their names mentioned, or whether we're just trying to rack our brains for nothing because people just plain aren't here anymore. I just do the best I can.

Anyway, my dears, I have done my duty and posted AND found my envelope so I think I will hit the hay so that I can actually get up in the morning to do the jobs now.

Love you all bunches! Have a great day!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:38 AM   #4  

I did. And I overate, accidentally anyway. I had a huge salad. I'm paying for it now though because my tummy is killing me. I actually can't wait to go back on my diet tommorrow if that makes any sense.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:01 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello dear friends. I am back from my sister's . She is holding up fairly well.
I have decided to start an OT (off topic) thread to post that part of my life in. If you want to know any details .. go there please.
I know I am welcomed to post it here... but I choose to post that part of my life there. I need this thread for my getaway.
But I do want to thank you for all of your love and support.

Hilta... I got a good laugh from your post.
44 years married is quite an accomplishment.... but I could totally relate to that feeling of "never again".
I have a wonderful husband... but I don't think I would do it again. It would take me too many years to break in another. I am getting selfish in my old age. LOL

J-ann.. I am sooo jealous of you and your deers. How sweet !!!!

Leanne ... my heart goes out to you. I had three kids and my husband once lived away from home for nearly two years.... and I thought I would either commit HOMICIDE or Suicide. Our son was one of those "know it all" teenagers. He was a really good kid, no problem maker... but just thought he always knew more than his mom. "KIDS !!!!!

I had something else to post to Melissa and Julee ... but I have forgotten. Grrrr

Nursie/ Lisa ... WELCOME !!!! This is a great group of ladies. check us out.

Barbg ... we need an update on you.
You don't want me chasing you down. LOL

BarbPA ... we are all anxiously awaiting your story about your cruise.
Some of us live through your active life. LOL

Terri... hope your life is calming down.

Everyone else... Love ya and miss ya.

Okay.. I was headed for bed two hours ago. Did not make it... then came back here to post.
Now I am falling asleep as I type.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-14-2005 at 03:06 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:36 AM   #6  

Smile beautiful new day!

Good morning chickies, I thought I had better get in here and post while this computer is still "alive" Ya never know how long that will last! I keep getting these warning messages. All I can say is "don't go". I am so lost without my puter!

The weekend did not go as planned, in other words, I didn't stay as OP as planned. Not that I went overboard, so why do I feel guilty? Strange isn't it? I feel as if I commited a crime! Every time I think AH HA! Now I have it by george, no more cheating or over eating! I swear the devil decides to pay me a visit and teach me a lesson, at least in humility. Never say never! It is so hard to get yourself back in the right frame of mind then.

Thin, I do that thing about looking for something to. Just sit down take five and then look again. I am glad you located your envelop. I always tell my husband that our house moves things and hides them! We always say I will put this right here and then I will know where it is. HA!

Shopaholic, I have a hard time convincing myself to eat more calories in order to lose weight too. It doesn't seem possible to do that, but I know that I have to do it! I have a tendency to want to lower my claories when I quit losing and that creates an even bigger problem.

2cute, I hope things are going well with you and yours. I am going to check out the OT post as soon as I finish here.

That is all for now. Everybody else, have a super day. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:49 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Talking Marvelous Monday!

Good morning, everyone!

WOO, I am feeling good about today! My worst time of day (as far as eating goes) is right when I get home from work at about 2:30 until dinner time around 6 or 7. However, with this new second job, I won't have that time to just lay around and graze like I have been lately. Instead, it will be one job to the next, then home to do a little housework, grab some dinner, and head to bed! I am so glad to be getting busy again (while I am young enough to have the energy!). I have also already entered all of my calories into Fitday for today so far. I included my breakfast and everything I packed for the day (2 small lunches and 2 snacks), and I will still have about 400 calories left for dinner when I get home tonight, which is awesome. Of course, I haven't been grocery shopping in a while, so I wonder if I even have 400 calories worth of food in my house

ACTUALLY, I have Chinese leftovers from PF Chang's...YUM! We did really well when we went out last night. We got the chicken lettuce wraps for an appetizer...they use whole lettuce leaves for the wrap instead of tortillas. SO GOOD! Then we got some pork lo mein and honey-glazed chicken and shared, and we still had leftovers! I'm sure it's not the lowest-calorie food in the world, but it's still got to be better than Hardee's, which is Jeff's idea of "eating out"

Also, the worst thing in the world has happened to me (and my diet)...a brand new PANERA BREAD just opened in front of my apartment complex (and I mean right in front...within walking distance!). I LOVE their food! We did go in and buy bagels and cream cheese on Saturday morning. I have one of the bagels for one of my small lunches in my lunch bag today (with honey walnut reduced-fat cream cheese...I drool just thinking about it). I went to the Panera website and checked the nutrition information, and it is for a 4.25-ounce serving size, so at least they're not trying to blind side dieters by saying a serving size is only 2 ounces when the whole bagel is 4.25. I hate when that happens! So, like I said, even including the WHOLE bagel and 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese (I'm not sure I actually use that much, but I'd rather over-estimate my calories than under-estimate), I still get about 400 calories for dinner tonight. Who knew dieting could be so yummy and satisfying! Can you tell I'm not a fan of low-carbing?

Alright, time to get back to doing some work. I have my first employee evaluation meeting with my boss today, so I have to fill out some self evaluation forms (gotta love big corporate pointless procedures). Have a FANTASTIC day, everyone...hugs and smiles all around!!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #8  
I'm lettin her out!

Default Room for one more?

Hi all, hope I didn't jump into the thread wrong...excuse me if I did.

I'm 52 years old, and currently weigh 280. I scanned through some bios of this group and it seems like there are a lot of ladies near my age, so wondered if you have room for one more?

I re-joined Weight Watchers Saturday and said THIS is the last time. Ready to re-commit to taking care of myself and that means eating out less. I'm single and it just seems like its so much easier to hit a drive through than cook for one and I also have this warped idea that dinner out is rewarding myself. The biggest battle for me is changing my mind set, and I can tell this web site will help tremendously.
MyInnerGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Good Morning to one and all. Decided I'd stop in and say Hi before
I get my glad rags on and tackle the muddy walk. I guess that's
what comes with spring cold damp weather and mud. Its still in the
lower 30's here supposed to make it into the 40's wed and thurs.

Thin--What your not spending your bach-days cleaning I don't
blame you it takes me hours-days-sometimes to find something I
know I have. Just kidding But it drives me crazy to search for
something.

2cute-Well it will be 45 years married in Sept. And the reason I
said never say never about another man is My Grandpap was
married 3 more times after he was 85. He used to live with us
when I was a Teenager (a long time ago) and went to Fla when
he was 80. He died when he was 93 so you know the widow
ladies had a good time with him

Welcome - MyInnerGoddess There's a great group of women here. Stay
and post it really helps with their support!

Jillybean--I'm with you Bagels is one of my breakfast fav's. I like
the mixed berry whipped cream cheese. With a glass of grapefruit
juice it stay within my cal daily allowance. I don't eat them often
but at least once a week.

Iwillbe--know that about staying OP . My husband is my worst sabatour. We got girl scout cookies. 5 boxes off of both granddaughters. That's
10 boxes!!!!!!! I put the soma's in the freezer. That's to not tempt me.
they are my fav's. My husband ate all the other boxes, but one Thin Mint
I had hid from him. Last night I'm reading my novel and I heard the
box rattling. He had the nerve to get my soma's out of the freezer. He
dosen't even like them. They have coconut in them!! Boy did I yell.
But what was funny I was just going to get up and give him the other
box of thin mints for his dessert. "44 years of marriage does that to a person.
knowing what they are thinking before they even think it" Anyway where
this is going I broke down and had 2 soma's and 2 thin mints. I was
still under calories for the day-but it is still the guilty thoughts! Besides
when you stop to think about it what a waste of calories.
The rest went back in the freezer though. A couple of them will be
my Easter Treat.

Hope all had a nice weekend and now its time to get back OP and
loose those extra lbs. We Can Do This. It takes time and engery
but we can.

Keep wearing the green ladies its this week!

hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning all.

Hilta... Way to go Grandpa !!! LOL My dad lived to be 93 too.
Mom was 83.... hmmm maybe 84 and 94 ???? I said earlier they died in 2002 ... but actually it was 2003 I think.
Anyway.... keeping that in mind.... even at my age of 54 ... I Have another 30 - 40 years to live !!!!! .... If I take control of my health.... which includes changing my eating habits and losing this weight.

WELCOME Innergoddess !!!
We love both young and old alike here.
Tell us all about yourself.

Jill... I LOVE PF Changs. I have not eaten there often.. but those wraps are yummy.
I have only eaten at Panera's once... and it was AWESOME.

Iwillbe ... feeling guilty when you eat off your plan even when still within a healthy plan ... yep.. I do that too.... but not as often anymore. I have learned to be easier on myself for those not serious strays... and MORE strict with myself for those attempts at a WAY OFF PLAN. LOL

That is everyone since I posted last. I am going to go now. I have a longggg "to do" list hanging on my refrigerator and it is not getting done. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-14-2005 at 11:41 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #11  
A Work In Progress

Well I gave Bounce a bath. He didnt love it He jumped out of the tub in the middle with shampoo all over him and ran out and started rubbing all over the sides of my furniture. Why didnt I close the bathroom door Seriously, all is well, but he still smells like a dog. Is there anything at the pet store that I can buy that will make him smell more, how shall I say, undoglike I have been in so many homes that smell like dog and that is not good IMO.

I feel I am doing better this time. I am not concentrating so much sticking to a plan. Rather, I am just trying to make good choices and eat less food. It seems to be working. If my scales are correct, I have lost at least 4 pounds in the past week. I have decided to make Saturdays my weigh-in.

The last time that I lost a significant amount of weight, I got down to 299, and then just stopped for some crazy reason. I want to go to twoterville again!!! I have a fairly ambitious goal to be under 300 by Independence Day. That means I need to average about 3 pounds a week. Then I will declare myself independent from the 300 pound mark! I know I can do this. That will put me back into a size 24.

Well, I need to go to work. I will talk to you all later!!

Tracy
robntracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:50 PM   #12  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thin...deerrrr i can't believe i didn't think of that....i design web pages, too ;p wow....sometimes i amaze myself.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #13  

Yay! I can't tell you how good it is to be motivated on the right day!

I'm excited. My birthday is in two weeks. So I'll have to be really good about my diet so I don't feel guilty when I break it for my birthday (ice cream cake!).

Does anyone know anything about Dexatrim Natural? Aside from, diet pills are bad? Are they really that bad though? I used them when I was a teenager (17 or so) and I dropped like 10 pounds pretty quickly.

Iwillbe...don't feel guilty sweety. Thanks for the support.

Hilta I know how bad the men in our life can be with our diets. I ***** at the boyfriend because he refused to stop keeping candybars in our house "because he has a sweet tooth and needs something sweet after each meal" >_<
But, wait, there's more.....he also has to keep chips in the house to have with "certain things", like soup, sandwiches, etc. And soda because he has to have soda. Even though before we both became majorly addicted to soda he used to drink a ton of water.

Robntracy-I would love to be Independant of my 300 mark too! I told Jay I'd like to loose 10 pounds a month, then I'd be (counts it up) errr...100 pounds, so I'd be 245. But I pledged to loose 50 in the pledge thread just in case.

Jillybean~Yum. I don't know the vice of Panera, but I hear the call of Krispy Kreme often. (resists). Hmmmmmmmmm krispy kreme. I better stop there or I'm going to start craving it, and that's...never a good thing.

Oh speaking of yummies. You know the ten calorie sugarfree jello?
If you mix the strawberry and the raspberry, it tastes like the stuff with sugar in it.

It's even got "the man" raiding the jello bowl when he hits the fridge.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:40 PM   #14  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

shopaholic - i haven't really had much sucess with them...supposedly they control your appetite (i believe there are two types, bitter orange and also green tea, the green tea ones boost your metabolism i guess), but i think it's just the caffeine in them. honestly i don't think they make sense for someone who needs to lose a lot of weight, mostly because many people who are overweight are not overweight because they only eat when they're hungry...they are emotionally attached to food. just my personal thoughts...
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:47 PM   #15  

I've got a lot of mind hunger. I never know what to do about it, except think about what I'm doing and examine if I'm hungry before I eat. Man, I remember when I used to be tired all the time (from getting up early when I wasn't used to it, for college) and I used caffeine pills. Worst experience of my life. I wouldn't eat and the stomach acid would be horrible. And then if I had juice, or something even remotely acidic for lunch, I paid for it.