Old 03-08-2005, 08:13 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To Try Again ... #668

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:51 AM   #2  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

It is raining this morning, so I'll have to wait on my walk, or use the umbrella. Living in Florida definitely makes you a wimp when it comes to expecting sunshine every day. That is until hurricane season. My HMO provides free YMCA membership, so as soon as I make myself a new swimsuit, I am going to start going. I'm think I'm going to make a farmer john. That's the one where the bottom goes to your knees, and the straps across your shoulders are 3-4 inches wide instead of a skinny strap. I like swimming in the ocean in a dive skin. That's like a wet suit made out of just lycra. I tell myself that it's because skin cancer runs in the family, but I suspect it is just a way of covering myself so that kids don't point. I'm also told that bright colors tend to keep sharks away. In something dark, I might look like something in the shark's food chain. Wearing bright pink also keeps my roommate from freaking out when I get too far from shore, because she can see me better. I've always been a strong swimmer, and the water is the only place that I haven't felt like a cripple during my years of using a wheelchair.

I've been working on a book, tentatively titled "the laying in bed diet." rainy days are a great time to work on it. It's not really a diet book, just one explaining how anyone could end up weighting 600 pounds. That's incentive to lose weight, I can't sell it, if I don't get to goal.

Catherine
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

For those who don't like that the new messages are hard to find, I have my settings adjusted so that the newest messages of a thread are listed first on a page. When I click on the title of a thread, the newest messages are at the top, and the later pages are the older messages. Just a suggestion
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #4  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies,

I've been posting in the forum for people with PCOS, but that's become less active for some reason, lately....i've been feeling down and crappy lately...i really need support, i'm seriously considering joining overeaters anonymous. I was recently put on Glucophage XR and it really has done a number on my quality of life, i frequently feel ill and run down. My panic attacks have grown, the doctor has me now on Zoloft, which i'm told also has nausea as a side effect. I'm a mess!!! I need support, I hate weight watchers because everyone there is there to lose 20 pounds so they can wear a bikini in the summer. I'm doing the ww core plan from home, i've had the most sucess with this plan than any others.
It's so nice to have 3fc though, to see the same familiar faces still posting here after all these years. Hello everyone!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #5  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Hey Miss Meliss!

Have you every tried TOPS? You can locate a local chapter on their website www.tops.org. My group has people who are needing to lose 20 to 150lbs. It is alot of fun and support. Just thought you might take a peek. And it is not quite as expensive as WW. Our dues are $5 a month and $20 a year (which includes a TOPS news magazine.)

But welcome to our little neck of the woods. Everyone here is so nice and funny. Everyone will answer your questions from itchy boobs to food questions. We leave no stone unturned. And it is nice to see other people in the same boat and to see how they are tackling their weight. Okay I will quit babbling .

Scoot
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:57 PM   #6  
A Work In Progress

Good afternoon! One thing I am really going to have to work at is getting up earlier. I dont go into work until 2:00 so I tend to sleep late every day. I guess it all evens out because I also stay up late, but I feel like I have accomplished more if I get up early. Might be an upcoming challenge to myself.
Well yesterday was my first day OP. I did really well. The only thing I was not happy about was that I went over what I wanted to in fat grams. My calories were only about 1700 but my fat grams were like 57 I will work harder on keeping my fat grams closer to 30 or 40 today.
I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers yesterday for my Papoo. He is doing much better today and actually took a little stroll down the hall without his oxygen. If his tests look good, he may be coming home in a day or two!!
.I am going to work on getting individual replies in soon but just know that I appreciate each one of you. I will post more later today

Hugs,
Tracy
robntracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

Hi all. sorry I have been a bit of a lurker lately.

My back was getting better.. then today i slipped on the ice.... ( damn canadian winters ) :sman: but the good news is it actuly took the pain away. not all of it, but enough that i can function. I am gonna tell my chiroprator that i will no longer pay him to fix me up.. i'll just go slip on some ice insted LOL.

Yesterday was a good day. i watched what i ate na deven had 2?? or 3?? ( cant remember which ) bottles of water. i know not as much as i need. but for someone who only drank 1 or 2 cups a week, I think it is pretty good.

Wellcome to all our new members. Everyone here iss sooooooooo nice . if you need sympathy ... they sympathise if you need encouragement... they encourage. and if you need a kick up the butt they can do that too. lol only in the cyber kick way of course

well ladies chat with yha later. baby wants to feed and if i try to feed while i type he kicks the keyboard.. lol cute little bugger
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #8  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I've been away for almost a whole month, but I'm back with a vengence. I was away for a few days because of my birthday (BTW, thanks to everyone that wished me a happy one) and then I got really sick. I'm just starting to feel better so hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

Anyway, I'll have more time to browse later, I just needed to stop by for a quick check-in. I hope everyone's doing well!
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:32 PM   #9  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey scooter, I just checked it out and there is a local tops in the area, i should check it out...also to clarify...i'm not really *new*...i've been coming here off and on for years....when i was diagnosed with PCOS, i started posting there more often...I have grown to realize that more than half of obese women have this disorder though ...so i am not so alone...
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi everyone. It is sooooo beautiful here.
Daffodils are in bloom, Bartlett pear trees are budding, pansies are thriving !!!
The temps are between 65-75 daily.

Plus ... I am on program and drinking my water... and ... are you sitting down?
I TOOK A WALK TODAY !!!!
I feel good about that.

Welcome back Melissa, Esmarude, Huggy, Tracy !!!!

Jill ... I did that reverse listing... but then I would hear the replies to posters before I heard what they were repling too. LOL

Okay... gotta get going. I am behind on "in the house" stuff since I spent so much time outside today. See ya
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hehe...i just scroll down to my most recent post and read all of the ones that came after mine. I am soooo jealous of your nice weather...it was a gorgeous 70 here yesterday, then it was 55 and raining when I left for work at 5:30 this morning, then it was insanely windy and snowing (so it looked like it was snowing sideways!) from about 7:30 till noon-ish, and now it is super-sunny and about 22 degrees outside with an advisory for wind gusts up to 40mph. Mother Nature is playing nasty tricks on us!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #12  
I want my two dollars!!!

2cute........ umm are you sure it was my picture you were looking at? Didn't look overweight and you couldn't see a chin? Either you need new glasses or I really want some of the drugs you are on! (And I want to give them to every other person in the world at that. hehe) I'm thinking you must be looking at someone else, but I'll just say thanks and move on. hehe.

Hippievanlady - I would love to see that book come out! I'm so tired of seeing books by people who 'claim' to have struggled with their huge weight loss only to learn that their biggest 'weight gain' was like 30 lbs overweight. Bleah.

Jilly - Your new avatar is so cute but DANG! I really loved the old one. Everytime I saw it something about it made me giggle. Oh well, always have the memories. LOL!!

MissMeliss - I have PCOS too, although I've never seriously been to a doctor to have it diagnosed with tests. The 'quack' doctor who diagnosed me never did any tests of any kind. He just simply listened to my symptoms and diagnosed it.

Scoot - HAHA!! You're right, no stone unturned! I'll try to think of some more interesting questions to throw out there so that the itchy boob won't feel lonely.

Catch you all later! I'm going to get a short walk in before school. And I'll try my best to NOT float away as I've been downing the water today and can't seem to stay away from the potty. - Julie
Loki's Concubine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #13  

Smile Better late than never...

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I've been trying to be busy at work today, but have managed to play a great deal. This post is just another example...at least folks looking in my office will think I'm busy working away!

DH and I have been OP so far this week. I think I'm up to about 17 pts for the day so far. I really love points. It's so cool that you can eat anything so long as you count it. I even had a piece of sausage for lunch today...I love sausage...and it was 6 pts, but worth every one. I think I'm getting the hang of eating the fattening stuff in moderation and filling up with the healthy stuff. We even had steak soft tacos for dinner last night, using top round, low carb tortillas, lettuce, FF cheese and sour cream and salsa. Yummy!

You all have such cute pictures on the photo thread! Especially you Jill! You and your "neice" look SO CUTE! I've avoided the camera for so long that I don't have any on computer except for one in Renaissance Festival garb from 3 years ago! I actually was going to post it, but I can't figure out how to do it! A computer genius I am not.

Jill: Mother Nature is quite the isn't she? I fully intended to walk yesterday when I got home. It was 65 when I went to work and about 40 with COLD blustery wind. Got down in the 20's last night and is probably about 45 again now. They're calling for snow tomorrow! Midwest weather is never predictable.

Catherine: I'll buy that book! I think it'll be great.

Well, back to work for me. So much to do and so little to waste!

Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #14  

Hi ladies. My name is Debi and I'm new to 3fc. This looks like an amazing sie, and I am so glad to have found it. I start curves this evening when hubby gets home from work. Ack...baby is up bbl.
Debi
mamamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute2Bfat
Hi everyone. It is sooooo beautiful here.
Daffodils are in bloom, Bartlett pear trees are budding, pansies are thriving !!!
The temps are between 65-75 daily.
OK 2 cute. didn't your teachers ever teach you how to share????

Here we have snow snow ice and snow. I will share..... if you want some?

I can't wait till spring.

OK i need a BIG kick in the butt ... i was doing so well. then i bought my kids some donuts and bought a BIG brownie.. with marshmellows for me. Then while eatiing it i was thinking this is not gonna help me. this will set back all the good things i have done..... and then ..... get this....... i had a jelly filled donut too .

I was off to a good start. i didnt want the brownie or the donut. i just ate them. man i hate it when this happens.
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote