Old 02-24-2005, 08:25 PM   #31  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Default on a short break between work and...more work

Jill: GB surgery is a very personal choice. My friend had hers and thought it was going to be the answer to all her prayers, in fact when her younger sister who is 17 said she wanted to go on WW, her response was, why don't you just wait a few more years and have the surgery like I did. That bothered me. My friend's life has not been without complications. They didn't do her gall bladder at the same time as the gastric bypass, so she had to go back in later for that..and there were complications. She has persistent bad breath, takes a ridiculous number of supplements and vitamins and pills, and is now actually in pretty bad shape. She is in a bad place personally and is depressed, on a bunch of other meds, not watching what she eats and after all she has been through has probably put on about 40 of the 100 lbs she had lost. Makes me very very sad. There are also other people out there who have had a lot of success with the surgery...but again...it's nothing to be entered into lightly and if you want your insurance to pay for it, there are a MYRIAD of hoops the be jumped through. Basically, depending on the plan, you have to prove to them that you have tried many other forms of weight loss and control with no success and in some cases you also have to be diagnosed with another medical condition (ex. pre-diabetes), so that it gets done as preventative medicine.

But that's just my 2 cents worth.

I posted my bio today on the BIOs thread...so read on if you want I'm friendly, housebroken and don't bite (much).

I really want to get back into an exercise regimen. I was doing Curves for a while last summer and was doing well and enjoying it. Then I slacked off because of my work schedule and when I went back in to just say hi and let them know I was coming back, I was greeted with "well you better ebcause your health will suffer if you don't." Oh really??? I went back a few weeks later and told the manager...who was very apologetic. I went back a few weeks after that and resigned. The woman who had been so nasty to me tried to be apologetic and said something about a letter of apology..that I never got. I went back for a completely different reason not long after and spoke to the owner...both the manager and that woman had been fired and after looking in my file she found that there was never an apology letter and that they never wrote my name on the monthly/weekly sheet that lists new members and dropped memberships. Aha! So I have an open invite to come back without having to pay the start-up fee again..now if only I could get myself there. When I was in college I used to LOVE going to the hip-hop dance classes...way more fun than regular aerobics and certainly more entertaining than Curves music and going around in circles. I just would feel horribly out of place at a gym now much less in an exercise class. Plus...I HATED the skinny beet-ches who did their in-between machine stations as high-impact stuff. Dial it back a few for those of us who are easily intimidated and are red in the face just from watching.

But enough of my rant...ooh look at the time..only 4 more hours of work to go. And it's ONLY 5:30 pm. Yeah...4 more hours to go.

Sayonara Sistahs!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! DO NOT POST HERE! JOIN US ON THE NEXT NUMBERED THREAD!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote