Old 02-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again ... #655

COME JOIN US !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:29 PM   #2  

Good evening!

Just watched Survivor. Nice beginning.

I have a new favorite saying. "Evil eye of death". Pretty much how the boss is looking at her direct reports these days. At least we stick together and refer to her as really bad names behind her back. We never claimed to be mature.

Scooter - Welcome back! Good job on the exercise!

Leanne - Sorry to see you're catching the crap too! So many have been sick. I'm not sure how DH and I have managed to miss it.

Judy - I have to admit that I don't think we've had enough snow or "hunker" down weather. I don't want ice but I'd like to have had more snow. Where I can throw myself on the couch, read a book, enjoy the fire and not feel like I need to be doing something. Those are good snow day activities. How fun about the new lacy bra. I bought myself some new undies - Just My Size boxer shorts. Reward for getting smaller!

Angela - Parking farther away is a good start to getting in more walking. Start small and just be consistent. Soon you'll be adding more.

Hilta - 28 is bundle up weather! That is when my dog is happiest walking! You're doing great with exercise too! Good luck with weigh-in!

to everyone else! Get well soon to all that are fighting colds and flu. Good job to all that are staying OP and exercising!

Goodnight!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Anyone relate???

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? Ruby, I love Oxycise. It is a very good form of exercise that shows a lot of results for a little bit of effort. In fact I did the commuter tape in the car today. The only thing about it is you have to do it consistently for the real results to start showing. But in only 15 minutes a day and no soreness, I would recommend it to anyone.

Nothing else to say except we are still crazy at work. We are hiring a couple of part-time employees starting tomorrow to take a little of the pressure off, but since they will only be part time, we don't have to provide the benefits, heatlth insurance etc, that was killing us before.

Congrats to all of you loosers! Keep up the good work.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:55 AM   #4  
Oooo Silly Me!

OOOH OOOHH ME! ME! I can relate!!

I'm doing much better ladies, just run down, gonna sleep and relax a bit more. I'm taking my vitamins again, and I can eat normal food now heheheh... Still got this weird feeling in my throat tho, feels like you got somethign stuck in your throat... strange... oh and slight tingle in my ear, guess that will take a while to clear up. However, I'm doing much better.

Hilta - OH YEAH! The cookout... silly me to forget!

Take care everyone...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #5  
Inchworm

Default checking in

Jusst checking in to be up to date.
but am off to bed. it is nearing midnight! too tired to be a real night owl.
catch ya tomorrow
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:01 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up Fun Friday !!!

Scooter ... of course we remember you. WELCOME BACK !!!
Sounds like you have got your act together and doing great now.

Haynsista... If you are still lurking... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Angela... you got an extra payoff for exercising.

J-ann / Judy ... congratulations on taking the stairs.
I liked your idea of walking around the car.

Leanne... I hope you are feeling better soon.

Barbg ... I loved you grapic.
Hope those part time workers help ease some of your stress.
yes, that insurance is a killer. My husband complains about that expense all the time.

Sue... I am so gald you ae feeling better. Keep taking good care of yourself.

Terri .. thanks for starting the new thread. Sorry to hear about more family problems.

Joyce... glad to see you went to bed instead of staying up being a night owl. It is a curse.
I fell asleep in the chair about 9:30pm and slept 3 hours... now I will be awake all night.

It is FUN FRIDAY !!! What does everyone plan to do for fun??
Don't wait until you lose your weight to enjoy life. ENJOY IT NOW !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:42 PM   #7  
Determined

I'm going to just start from here. I don't quite remember what everyone said in the last thread - lots of concern I am feeling better, I think I was partially stressed with homework. I'm still having a hard time waking up but I fessed up to myself and admitted that I really do need to go to bed earlier - but its so hard! I hate being a night person I've considered forcing myself to go with my brother to college in the morning then walking back home (a mile or two, though I'm not sure) .. but the question is would I be willing to wake up for that? We'll see right?

Terri - though I do understand I didn't like my boss so much at first because I was dong everything in that damn office and so much more than my co-workers and I didn't think she appreciated it.. I'd get done with things and then she'd say "nothing to do?!!? HERE is more!" even when my co-workers were sitting on their bums doing nothing all day! But then she gave me 2-3 raises Be good!

ageoldie - I can totally relate to that image! I hope things lighten up for you at work Make sure you relax once in a while!

Sue - Good job! I hope you get better soon then! I started taking my multivitamins again in hopes that they help cure some of my problems

gmalil - hi!

2cute - Hi! You didn't tell us what YOU were going to do for fun!

Oh yea, so I keep forgetting (curse me) who do we tell if we can't make it to the Spring Fling? I'm sorry I waited so long to say.. but I was really hoping I could go But I just realized thats the same weekend my best friend should be flying in from New York and staying with me.. plus I'm very very poor i did just find out i'm getting more loans but I have to save those for things I really need (like clothes that don't have holes ). I hope you all have fun though!

I've been doing averagely well. Eating pretty decently.. I've been working out once a day though not enough, I do usually only 15 minutes earlier in the day (one mile) then I plan on doing 2 more at night but always get distracted and never get to it I need to fix that. I did do lots of weight lifting and situps/crunches as usuall as well though yesterday after my 15 minutes so probably counted up to 20.

This weekend for "fun" I'm going to try relaxing techniques and cleaning (hah!). I've been wanting to sort've "meditate" my version, which is just me sitting somewhere with low lights, low soft music, and relaxing thinking about positive things and breathing slowly. I have some "hypnosis" mp3s as well I figured I'd give a try.

Well I better back to class work and stop rambling.. hope you all have a great Friday and weekend! Much love
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #8  

Hey gang, Not much to say today... it's a day "off" so I'm trying to get caught up with things, organized, etc.

Scooter—Great to see you back! Sounds like your motivation is pretty high.

2Cute—I don’t have any fun planned yet. Tomorrow’s my birthday, so I should definitely be planning something fun… but I haven’t made plans… so, thanks for the reminder!

cd—Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better and doing “averagely well.” Hang in there!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Good evening ladies. Today was weigh-in. I'm down another
1.5 pounds. Yea sis boom bah!!!!!!!!!
Its alway good to know behaving pays off a little.

Barbg--love the graphic when I was working I can totaly relate

Terri--I watched survivor too. Its looks like its going to be another
exciting adventure.

cd-- sounds like your getting back to your old self. Hope everthing
goes well for you again.

2cute---I went with my TOPS group out to eat at a local church
for their fish lunch . This was my fun Friday. Stayed on my plan. I'm really eating anything I want just everthing in moderation.

Angela--its always nice to have a day off even though you have a
million things to accomplish. I remember those days well!

suemarie--I knew you would remember the cookout How could
you forget about 30 people.

gmalil---Hi its nice every once in a while to just stop by and read.
My problem is I get so far behind. But that is the story of my life.
(a big behind)

Oh well my supper is ready So talk at all later
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #10  
Leanne

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA!!!

Hope you have a great one!

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:01 PM   #11  

Hi ladies,

I played hookey from work today. I needed the mental health day. I did a good conditioning workout and then worked on bills for a bit while lounging on the bed. It was nice to relax. Then I headed out to the barn. I got Tanyah out to ride in the arena. I probably rode for 40 minutes but it wasn't a vigorous ride. She hasn't figured out yet that she is to work. The vet came to x-ray Ginger's feet for special shoes. I dread seeing that bill come in. I'm hoping this helps her not to have abcesses in her feet. Poor girl.

This afternoon I vacuumed and shampooed the upstairs carpet. Now if I could make the dog wear socks on his feet when he comes inside!

Tomorrow is more house cleaning and meeting one of my brothers and his fiance for dinner out. Italian. Yummm!

Sorry for no replies. I'm tired tonight and have a bit of a chill. I'm going to go watch tv in bed.

'Nighters!
Old 02-19-2005, 12:21 AM   #12  
Dancing those pounds away

Well ... it is not quite midnight here yet... but ....

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Angela
Happy Birthday to you !!!

I have my granddaughters spending the night with me so can't stay and do replys.
I turned off all the lights and put "Monsters Inc" in the VCR.
I hope they fall asleep while watching... but I can't be in here while they sleep.
Make Saturday your best day yet !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:56 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Ladies, I must be feeling better! Tonight I bowle da 210 game!!! I'm like excited. Oh I also won some side pots 25 bucks is a nice thing to have in your pocket, especially when you shell out all that money to pay for league fees. Yes, I'm definately feeling better.

Soon I can start getting back into regular exercising again. I gotta go count up my cars tho, see how many I got LOL... not to many, but it gives me something to work on and get my motivation back now that I've got my health back (not quite 100% tho).

Take care everyone!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Good Morning ladies. Just wanted to stop in and say the weather
here in OH is quite cold. Its 18 degrees supposed to get up to 25.
So I guess the treadmill it is for me again today.
2cute--enjoy them grandchildren. I know I always do.

suemarie--congrats on your win. Glad your feeling like your old self.
determined--You enjoy the barn as much as I did when I was
raising my goats. I loved the barn and used to spend a lot of my
time there. I was always meant to be a farmer's wife! But I'm
not, but my 2 sisters are. Enjoy your time off. I don't envy your
vet bills though-I can only imagine

Angela--

Stop by later I have to get some work done today WOE IS Me
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:41 AM   #15  

Happy Birthday Angela!