Old 02-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #16  
Inchworm

Default Babies!

IT must be the season. congrats on the new nieces marcie and 2 cute My dgd who has been on bedrest with her pregnancy called me today to let me listen to his heart beeat over the phone!!!AWESOME he sounds pretty dang healthy! and she is off bedrest going back to work on Tuesday. I hope they know what they are doing! but she does have a desk job.

Barb g It is so good to see you feeling better! I hope roller coaster situations improve soon.
so sorry about ds's cat. they really get to be family! we lost our dog a yr ago last Nov, and dh is ready for another. we went to 6 different shelters today looking at dogs. we have an e-mail in to a foster home about a really sweet one we saw. I will have a walking companion! we live right next to a canal road which provides a great walking surface.

Hi to everyone else.
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:14 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up

Good evening ladies. I had a pretty "Fun Friday" today.
The weather was beautiful. I got some work done in the house... ran a few errands... went looking at new homes being built near me ... then hubby took me to see "HITCH" with Will Smith. Cute movie !!
I really want to share about my favorite scene ... but don't want to ruin it for the rest of you.
Then went to my favorite Mexican Restaurant and I had my favorite dish.
I asked them to substitute a salad for the rice and beans.
I stared at the picture of their cheesecake (my favorite) ...
but I did not order it.

esmaurade .... Oh how I could relate to what you shared. I too spent most of my life between 225 -285. I was SHOCKED when I crossed over 300 lbs.
I was numb when I surpassed 350.
I would ask myself....HOW DID I GET THIS FAT ????

Sometimes I don't think I can feel "normal" unless I get back down to 285 or less.
There really is a difference between 299lbs and 301lbs.
It may only be a difference of one or two pounds on a scale...
... but it is a HUGE differnce in "spirit".
You gain one pound on your butt... but 50 lbs on your shoulders to carry around.

I LOVED your spirit of determination and your story of success with your jeans.

Joyce... I am happy your GD and baby is doing better. I have another neice due in March . They were unable to conceive for like 5 years. Then adopted a little girl 3 years ago. They went through a lot to get IVF and now expecting their biological son due in March.

Mary... I am glad you are still haning in here with us.
It brightens my day to see that 195 on your ticker.
Are you still using that treadmill at work ??

CD ... exercise is a great cure for stress. Hang in there girl !!!

Judy... I LOVE fried crappie and catfish. MMmmmm sooo good.
We have a little place just 2 miles from our house with the best catfish.

HIlta... CONGRATS on those 3 lbs. Protect them this weekend.
Monday is our weigh-in for our 2x2 .
Did you hear about that baby thrown out of the car.?? It did not happen.
The woman who claimed to pick the baby up was actually the mother.
She did not want the baby. She did not want to just leave it on the street so she made up that story. Still a sad story.
Looking forward to your graphics.

Have any of you seen the previews of Oprah for Monday?
She is doing a BOOTCAMP for some of her employees. {we can join online}
WOW ... she is tough on them.
I am almost afraid to watch it. LOL
BUT... I know I NEED to hear what she has to say.
I NEED that TRUTH spoken to me.
At least watching it on tv ... I can cry in private. LOL
Gee... the truth hurts... and I haven't even seen it yet.

I hope no one else has posted while I wrote all of this.
I actually wrote a WHOLE LOT more that I deleted before hitting submit.
I was really gabby tonight for some reason. LOL
Decided it was more than you wanted to hear.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #18  
Inchworm

Thumbs up

2 cute! you are so wise and encouraging tonight!
"1 pound on the butt=50 lbs on your shoulders to carry around!!! how very true!!
Ordering salad to replace rice and beans!!who would have thought of that!?!?! That is great! Congratulations!
you go girl!!!

I for one am glad you were so "gabby" tonight!
Old 02-12-2005, 01:57 AM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Hey Joyce. I see I am not the only one up late tonight. Often I find Thinthinker up too ... but I see she hasn't posted.

Restaurants are very happy to substitute a salad for rice and beans.
I do it at all of them... and I have never had a problem.
I also substitute grilled veggies for potatoes too. I used to be a baked potato addict... but not anymore.
And ordering water to drink... it saves you calories and money.
Water is better than diet pop too. Caffeine is an apetite stimulant.
Thanks for the nice words.... I am going to GO GIRL !!!

Glad I had someone to gab with. LOL
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:45 AM   #20  

You know what I do when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep? I come here and read all kinds of posts. I have found so much information on this site! For instance last night( or morning) I was checking out the recipes and the favorite Lean Cuisine and
Smart Ones chioces of different members, some I never knew existed, but will be looking for now. I like to have a few on hand for the hectic days when cooking is not an option.

On the bright side...I am still doing good OP. It has had to be mind your ps and qs. Plan what you are going to eat and stick to it I keep asking myself how long is this going to last? I have been known to binge at the drop of the hat, so I am keeping a close watch on myself and what I think!! sometimes I LET myself dwell on food. I am not doing that now. If I start thinking about it too much, I move very quickly onto something else. I don't know how long that will work, but for now....OK

I would think that most of you are still snug in bed. How I envy you. Time to go and get more See you in the daylight hours. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

The beauty of having a laptop with wireless remote is that I'm laying in bed while I read and type!

I need to get up and get moving. DH left at 6:15 to take kids to a wrestling match. I hope he's gone until late afternoon.

I bought myself a new toy yesterday. A Dyson vacuum cleaner. Our other wind tunnel won't turn on. The Dyson was expensive but I'm expecting it to do a better job with the dog hair. Would be cheaper to get a ceramic dog. But harder to walk.

For my fun yesterday, I went out to ride Tanyah in the arena again. I have to admit it is intimidating to ride with the girls because their horses are all trained to ride in circles and not be distracted by the gate. Tanyah wasn't into it last night. But its only our second time and we need lots and lots of practice. I'm also thinking I will take lessons with her hopefully when work settles down and I can get out there more. I may try for this afternoon too. I am going to have to buy allergy masks though because the dust is so bad. Its all I can smell this morning because its up my snoot.

Quote:
I keep asking myself how long is this going to last? I have been known to binge at the drop of the hat, so I am keepin
g a close watch on myself and what I think!!
Iwillbe - I have been there and done that. One of the things you have to quit is to quit asking yourself when. One of the things I learned from Dr Phil's book is that means you're not quite buying into this being for life. I never thought of it like that but it is such subtle sabotage you don't even realize it. Just keeping thinking....I AM doing this and it is for life.

2Cute - I saw your note over on the January thread. No apologies and no prize needed!! but I had forgotten myself. Success is prize enough! I've been reading Oprah's bootcamp stuff for inspiration. I'll have to remember to watch that on Monday. She does look good!

Joyce - Having a walking companion is great. Although there are some days when I'd rather not go but the dog is staring at me making me feel guilty and I have to go walk whether its 10 degrees or not. That is kind of surprising about your GD going back to work.

Mary - Hope you're just busy and nothing wrong making you not feel talkative.

CD - Good job with the crunches and the exercise. It really does help when you're feeling troubled or depressed. Endorphins I guess.

Esmaraude - That is a good idea with the jeans. Size 18 has been my dream for a long time too. I told DH, when wearing size 24's, that my ultimate goal was to wear a size 18. That I wasn't trying to get down to 120 or anything ridiculous. Just to be able to go into a regular store and buy 18's. You might think about putting the scale away and only go with your jeans method. Keep buying a size smaller and use that as your measure. Good job!!! Very inspiring post.

Judy - How was the fried fish? You're doing great working the point system. Good for you. DH would prefer to have fried fish and count that as his fish for the week.

Hilta - for your three pounds lost. I'll log that in for the 2x2 results!

Barb.G - I'm sorry your son is having a tough time too. Good job for not letting all the stress and distraction derail you completely. That is quite an accomplishment.

Okay, I guess its time to get up and get busy.

Have a great Saturday. Its Sit-Up Saturday!!! Do something physical!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #22  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' Ladies

It's the usual busy Saturday. I've done 2 loads of laundry and bathed a dog already. The young Pointer and I are off to Agility in a bit. It's temporarily stopped snowing and warm enough that the roads should be in good shape.

Dinner last night went well. I had my fried fish, avoided the tartar sauce and eyeballed the fries to a small Mickey D's size and gave the rest away. So I'm proud to say I didn't pig out and that I lost another pound as of this morning. That's 10 lbs. gone.

Terri: You and Tanyah will have a ball learning together. I'm not on wireless but my laptop is on a small table right next to the bed so I can roll over and type or, easily put it on my lap too.

Iwillbe: I'm with Terri. Don't ask "How long will this last". Instead tell yourself your doing great and today will be another OP day. Think positive girl.

2Cute:"1 pound on the butt=50 lbs on your shoulders to carry around!!!" Wow, very deep thinking. I like it. Wish my brain would function like your does late at night. I'd be typing mush for words if I posted as late as some of you gals do.

Geez .... gotta run. Back later.
Love ya all.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all
I got up with a headache this morning . Food hasn't been good this week. There is so much going on with my son.

I haven't used the treadmill in a while now can't seem to get back on.
I have my genealogy meeting today so I have to get moving. They don't even excite me any more.

HOpe all of you have a great day.

I love all the heart graphics.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #24  
You and Me in 2003

Where is everyone?
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:14 PM   #25  
Inchworm

Default Checkin In

HI MARY! I'm here. I hope your headache is gone, I hate em!
It really is hrd for me to stay on the program...today I have the book open and sticking with it!
Just stopped with a cup of tea to see who is here.

Terri a laptop in bed, how cool is that!!! I doubt that i will be walking in 10 deg! but the sun is coming out and it is 43 deg here in Idaho, so best get my buns out there and do it today! gotta feed dh some lunch first.

J-ann Congrats on 10 pounds!!!
WOW! that is super!!

I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT!

yes, 2 cute I tend to be a night owl too. but it is 2 hours earlier here, so not as owlish as you are. thanks again for the tip about having salad instead of rice and beans.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #26  

Good Saturday, all.

I've been only sort of OP the last couple of days... eating is okay, but water and exercise have gone by the boards. Just busy and losing momentum, I guess.

Not a lot of time for replies, but CONGRATS to Marcie on the new addition, and to those who've been losing.

Esmaraude, 2Cute--I know what you mean about numbers. And I guess I do the same thing. I was fixated on 299, now I'm fixated on 285. Seems like that maybe isn't such a bad thing, as long as it's helping us get there, not getting us depressed. If it's getting you depressed, you really need to focus on, well, getting somewhere on that cross country trip! Inch by inch, as Joyce says.

Okay, the weather's beautiful here, so I'm going to go get a walk before the day gets any older. TOM's on his way, darn him, and I'm cranky, so maybe the sunshine will do me some good.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Guess everybody is enjoying the weekend.

Grannie-Hope your feeling better them headaches can be the
pits.

j-ann -Congrats on the pounds lost

2 cute-I've always been a morning person I like your comment
on the 50 pounds on your shoulders. I think mine is a little more
to the front.

angela_aka_alice- I know how hard it is to stay on OP every day
is a struggle. I think I can- I think I can

To everbody I missed Hope your having an OP weekend and enjoy
THE BEST IS YET TO BE

hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:06 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just checking in real quick. Have had a horrible headache for the past two days. I need a trip to my chiropractor....desperately!!!! My neck is out and that's what's causing the problems.

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday, dear 2cute!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! And many more!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Just got back from being a "showgirl" and seeing Hitch with Will Smith. Cute, cute movie!! Perfect timing for the season on LOVE!!!

I'll check back in when I can hold my head up without it hurting so bad. Later....Love ya!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #29  

Oh, I'm so bad about birthdays. In my family, the joke is, it's not a birthday gift from Angela unless it comes after your birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2CUTE!!!!!!!!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday 2Cute!!!

So sorry for not getting this posted earlier. I hope that you're having a very special day. You are a very special lady and friend.

Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote